Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

Why the gently caress is Nightingale T-posing?

She really wants to give you a hug.

So that when she breaks your bones she can put you under her care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
blew my monthly tickets and edgelord event tickets on the banner, got rama, v cute and excellent since my only gold sabers were d'eon and lily

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Decided to throw 60 quartz into America rate-up, because despite her art, Nightingale is cool and good and cute.

First 10 roll, silver Berserker card turn into gold and I get......Frankenstein.

Second 10 roll, there are suddenly rainbow circles and explosions everywhere and I get...... Karna????

The joke is on gacha though, because both Frankenstein and Karna are cool and good and cute too.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

NRVNQSR posted:

Because he gives 25 stars and a 25% Buster buff without diluting the Buster card pool, I think.

This and he also tanks for Rama as a cherry on top, which is nice since Rama's defensive tools are really pretty bad, all told. But it's mostly the buster buff, really. By contrast, Leonidas' low rarity quick counterpart is Alexander, who is...Alexander, and overall much less useful.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Removed some people that haven't logged in for about a month, so I have five spaces free right now. Judging by the code list in the OP none of the people I removed seemed to be goons but if Enchants, Alice, Nicko, or Otaku-Judge were someone from this thread then tell me so I can add you again.

Caster/Lancer slot will alternate between the servants that are there right now and Scathach/a grailed Medea.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got myself a Fionn, which is cool because I like the Masoukishin series and he's basically male Tytti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N95ZXyKTDNQ

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Did a free 10-roll, and got a stream of utter garbage 3-star CEs and Servants I already have until I received an Ideal Holy King at the very end. Then I used a few tickets and got a Billy the Kid and Geronimo so I'll live with that for the time being.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

From the Type Moon Thread, the legendary Moby Dick

https://www.wsj.com/articles/meet-t...tPos=1#cxrecs_s

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Plutonis posted:

From the Type Moon Thread, the legendary Moby Dick

https://www.wsj.com/articles/meet-t...tPos=1#cxrecs_s

“High end graphics”

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Nightingale seems like a high end woman, to be fair.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Scraped enough SQ from free missions for one last 10 roll and got Helena. Feels great to actually get a gold servant after a never ending stream of CE's and Geronimo's. Managed to MLB Heaven's Feel after so long and I need one more Prisma Cosmos for that delicious 10% NP a turn.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Merlin :allears:

e: I'm really glad that they didn't do any sort of (Late America Spoilers?) "Ugh he's too powerful and we can't beat him!" sort of cutscene with the first fight with Cu Alter. I know it's a staple of the genre, I just find it super jarring when it happens, especially after Marie finishes the fight on full HP.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 16, 2018

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Retcon posted:

Removed some people that haven't logged in for about a month, so I have five spaces free right now. Judging by the code list in the OP none of the people I removed seemed to be goons but if Enchants, Alice, Nicko, or Otaku-Judge were someone from this thread then tell me so I can add you again.

Caster/Lancer slot will alternate between the servants that are there right now and Scathach/a grailed Medea.

Sent, as Ceramics.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bah, I want to play/read America, but I'm not really sure I want to spend apples. I got 47 Gold apples right now.

I wonder what the total AP cost of America's story is.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Just take your time it isn't running away

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Compendium posted:

Just take your time it isn't running away

Yes, but I want to know what happens next!

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The bad: Nightingale didn't show up (or any other gold servant, for that matter) and I'm at 0 quartz and tickets. The good: Nightingale is amazing, I haven't laughed this hard at FGO ever. Mash's new animations are also pretty neat, I wasn't expecting that.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Bah, I want to play/read America, but I'm not really sure I want to spend apples. I got 47 Gold apples right now.

1200ish for the main quests.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Story banner's aren't that big a deal. There will probably be a half AP story banner before Camelot comes out anyway.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
How are people able to save up hundreds of stars? :ohdear: Are people just not rolling at events and skipping them until others come up? I only have 43 stars and 7 tickets. I feel under prepared for this event.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Revolver Bunker posted:

How are people able to save up hundreds of stars? :ohdear: Are people just not rolling at events and skipping them until others come up? I only have 43 stars and 7 tickets. I feel under prepared for this event.

I started out playing NA FGO with the goal of getting 3 servants I don't have on JP, so I hoard a lot of quartz. I think as a consequence of hoarding, I've lost the ability to save up quartz on JP and just burn them the moment I hit 30 quartz. Some goons are either buying them or save up like me. There are a good number of people that buy quartz in the thread.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

For me, I've only ever rolled on three banners. Nerofest (an absolute monster disaster, but I got Altera eventually even if it did hurt the wallet), Scath banner (wanted to get two 2030s, ended up getting them and NP2 Scath as a bonus, all with saved quartz), and CBC (went for Astolfo, got him after two 10 rolls and all 35 of my tickets).

Basically everything else I've ever gotten has been from a meme ticket or yolo single roll, which I usually do at the start of a banner that interests me. It helps knowing roughly when the events and banners are going to be, and planning ahead so you have enough ready for when that time comes.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

Just not rolling, yeah; if you only roll on one banner every few months then you have a few hundred quartz for that banner.

For all the good that does you.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im waiting for Merlin and Gawain.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

I really should level up more of my bronzes, in general.

Do it. Bronzes are great. I have like 9 unique SSRs and plenty of SRs and I just finished getting Leonidas up to level 65 before leveling Nightingale, Nursery Rhyme, Beowulf or Deon.

Nightingale is 64 though now I'm not ignoring her and holy crap I need so many embers.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

Yeah. You can't expect to have a lot of free quartz around if you roll on everything. If you're not planning to spend a lot of money, you pretty much have to skip banners you're not particularly interested in and hold out for the stuff you really want.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Decided to throw 60 quartz into America rate-up, because despite her art, Nightingale is cool and good and cute.

First 10 roll, silver Berserker card turn into gold and I get......Frankenstein.

Second 10 roll, there are suddenly rainbow circles and explosions everywhere and I get...... Karna????

The joke is on gacha though, because both Frankenstein and Karna are cool and good and cute too.

Karna is definitely cool and good and very worth your time and attention.

And Fran is a good girl who is very conscientious about saving electricity and obliterating waves of enemies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I've been saving since the bride banner, only have a 100 to my name. Just throwing tickets whenever I can to stave off temptation.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've got a good pile of quartz, but that's mostly lucky hits combined with considering the rates so bad that it's not really worth going hard on a banner unless you really want it. That and it being fairly easy to justify passing banners to this point with welfares and reruns and such in mind.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

With the gacha rates as they are you're definitely not going to get what you want if you blow all your quartz constantly. It's not vital to roll on this banner.

I have 337 quartz and the last time I did a full roll might have been Christmas.

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012
Good luck to everyone doing Sabers Wars. From I remember it was just a horrible horrible grind.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

the thought of Iskander is what keeps me saving quartz

surely 40 rolls will be enough right???

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
300 quartz is 50% for getting the rate-up SSR sooooo maybe?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Raven9686 posted:

Good luck to everyone doing Sabers Wars. From I remember it was just a horrible horrible grind.

I think the worst part is getting a full team of Purely Blooms / Stars of Artoria. Of course it's not a problem if you got all of them the first time around, but it just takes so long to make the grinding less painful. Even then it never gets any easier, but at least I'll have fun blasting folks with Mordred.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Tae posted:

300 quartz is 0% for getting the rate-up SSR because rate up is a lie sooooo maybe?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wait, so Mash got new animations? Is that what happened when I loaded up the America Singularity the first time?
I looked away for a second, and the next thing I know, I see a little tooltip saying that her combat had changed due to a newfound determination or something like that.

I haven't noticed any new animations on her part though?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

She is fighting differently, you can tell on the Buster attack where she now powerbombs the enemy shield-first rather than using the generic attack animation. They gave her new lines, too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Oops, my lightning slipped.

e: Jack is such a workhorse it is ridiculous.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 16, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

W-wassap! My homies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
America's writing and translation is really a huge step up so far.

But lol at Billy's name being 'Bily' on the combat screen.