Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Came for the green noodles, stayed for the depressingly dry-looking chili sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Why is the skyline in that image so dry, every time I've had it it's been pretty normal meaty chili consistency.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pastry of the Year posted:

creamed corn beef, have a sip

Add salt and pepper to corned beef. You know, because something already salty needs more salt.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

CannonFodder posted:

Add salt and pepper to corned beef. You know, because something already salty needs more salt.

I like my salt not bland as gently caress, thank you very much.

Goons.

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe

Comfort food on a chilly day 🤟🏻 tomato soup and grilled cheese on homemade grain free bread

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Should have just used spam for bread, it would probably look better and still be grain free.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Plinkey posted:

Should have just used spam for bread, it would probably look better and still be grain free.

Or just put it on more cheese, thats grain free too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Henry Black posted:

Comfort food on a chilly day 🤟🏻 tomato soup and grilled cheese on homemade grain free bread

So uh is that meatloaf then or

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

looks like there's a lot of beans in there

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

I guess you could make "grain free bread" out of meatloaf yeah

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I see onions. I like onions but onions in your everyday bread? what

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Phosphatide/status/974067376894328833?s=19

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

if you're going to use toplogy then actually use topology

http://corsica.hockey/misc/sandwiches.pdf

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Brawnfire posted:

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/08/09/those-kinds-of-conversations

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Dumbass sets up these rules and then immediately contradicts them - A slice of pie has 2 perpendicular starch planes! That's not even on the chart

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Ignite Memories posted:

Dumbass sets up these rules and then immediately contradicts them - A slice of pie has 2 perpendicular starch planes! That's not even on the chart

It is, though. A slice of apple pie has 2 parallel planes, the upper and lower crust, and the edge perpendicular to both of those. That's #3, taco. Of course, pumpkin pie only has one lower crust and the edge, making it either #1 toast or, as I'm just now realizing you meant, a mystery thing not labeled on the chart.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

Do you really cut slices of pie from the very centre of the pie and leave out the side crust?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

Do you really cut slices of pie from the very centre of the pie and leave out the side crust?

I guess if you have a crust on the top it's just a rotated, open front taco, pumpkin pie is toast though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I for one reject this half-assed topographical taxonomy

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My god we need a PYF Food Taxonomy thread.

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Food Taxonomy: Everything is a pizza if you Believe

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

darthbob88 posted:

It is, though. A slice of apple pie has 2 parallel planes, the upper and lower crust, and the edge perpendicular to both of those. That's #3, taco. Of course, pumpkin pie only has one lower crust and the edge, making it either #1 toast or, as I'm just now realizing you meant, a mystery thing not labeled on the chart.

According to that chart pumpkin pie is soup in a bread bowl, which would make a slice of pumpkin pie a cup of soup.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The_Hatt posted:

According to that chart pumpkin pie is soup in a bread bowl, which would make a slice of pumpkin pie a cup of soup.

Or half of a sushi roll, cut diagonally through the middle.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The_Hatt posted:

If the amount of soup is small enough it's a pizza

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

So is this pizza a sandwich or still toast?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Anything that comes in contact with a pizza is also a pizza so the moment the first pizza was created everything became a pizza.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bar Crow posted:

Anything that comes in contact with a pizza is also a pizza so the moment the first pizza was created everything became a pizza.

Well duh, I mean, why do you think we call it the earth's crust

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Haifisch posted:

I hate dealing with printer jams.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

La Brea Carpet posted:

I hate dealing with printer jams.

You wouldn't download a pizza

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Bloop posted:

You wouldn't download a pizza
Are you kidding I totally fuckin would

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Haifisch posted:

what—

what did you do

Iron Crowned posted:

What is the consensus on SPAM in these parts anyway?

It's delicious and versatile and they make less suicidal variations of it these days, so there's no excuse not to have some

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Plinkey posted:

augias
Apr 7, 2009

My wife won t let me try it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Spam is fine every now and then

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Spam is a sometimes food that makes everything you cook it with a salty fat meat bomb. If you're not putting a 1/4 can of spam in your quiches, fried rice, and leftover cowboy beans then you are not living. You also probably have better cholesterol than me, but whatever I live on the edge.

What I want to know is how people feel about Vienna sausages. Tiny weird goo tubes or perfect too drunk snack?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

fizzymercy posted:

Spam is a sometimes food that makes everything you cook it with a salty fat meat bomb. If you're not putting a 1/4 can of spam in your quiches, fried rice, and leftover cowboy beans then you are not living. You also probably have better cholesterol than me, but whatever I live on the edge.

What I want to know is how people feel about Vienna sausages. Tiny weird goo tubes or perfect too drunk snack?

I loved them as a kid, so will have to go with drunk snack.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Vienna sausages with hot sauce are alright

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

fizzymercy posted:

Haven't had them since I was in the single digits, and they're inextricable from memories of camping with my dad. I remember liking them, but the sense memories I have of them seem to indicate that I wouldn't like them now — they have a texture that is sort of lima-beany? does that make sense? — and that gel they're canned in seems pretty nasty.

This tangent has led to me craving these, of all things:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Is there a viable turkey option with spam, or should I leave the memories untainted?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scarodactyl posted:

Is there a viable turkey option with spam, or should I leave the memories untainted?

You're the turkey if you're not eatin' Spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Cookie or Pizza?