Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Grouchio posted:

I should watch this.

That being said I cannot possibly sleep in a tent overnight.

I suffer from sleep paralysis, let me tell you its loving terrifying waking up in the middle of the night feeling something sniffing your tent and being unable to move or do anything.

Polikarpov posted:

Went camping with some friends at Lake Cachuma near Santa Barbara. Its the off season so the site wasn't very crowded and we picked out a nice spot with a keyhole view of the lake.

It was really pretty.

The fully armed and operational Jetboil Genesis Basecamp delivers UNLIMITED COOKING POWER

loving Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Polikarpov posted:

Went camping with some friends at Lake Cachuma near Santa Barbara. Its the off season so the site wasn't very crowded and we picked out a nice spot with a keyhole view of the lake.

It was really pretty.

The fully armed and operational Jetboil Genesis Basecamp delivers UNLIMITED COOKING POWER

:swoon:

yeah, this anime really fuels the gear lust

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I watched it before lunch again. Why do I keep doing this to myself?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Because it's good, and a little anticipation never hurt anyone. Though, I hope your lunch doesn't disappoint after this episode.

Nadeshiko's outfit continues to be amazing.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
With five campers on the screen at once now the amount of poofy winter clothes and blankets is growing out of control.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The dog-owner in me really worries about that Chihuahua. 0 degrees C is way too cold for a dog that size to be in for an extended period.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Chiaki continues to be the best character.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Toba-sensei owns so hard.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The comforting covers of the Secret Society continue to unfurl over Japan...

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Covers?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

She's totally like her grandpa. :3:

She should've gone for cozy blankets instead.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 15, 2018

Necroblashyrkh
Nov 14, 2004
hope u got :10bux: lol

There Bias Two posted:

The dog-owner in me really worries about that Chihuahua. 0 degrees C is way too cold for a dog that size to be in for an extended period.

I'm sure they bought it a weather appropriate dog sleeping bag. :3:

Also Toba-sensei is teaching her club well. You should always have a flask of 80% rum to put in your cocoa when camping.

Necroblashyrkh fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 15, 2018

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

The coziest conspiracy

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

The coziest conspiracy

I already made that pun!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Holy poo poo

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

That getup says "Pirate" more than "general," I think

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm glad I try to watch this show during/right after meals.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I'm glad I try to watch this show during/right after meals.

It has been a spectacular Lunch-Break anime, in my experience.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://j-mag.org/en/2018/01/18/yurucamp_goods/
old article but

:stwoon:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Spiritus Nox posted:

It has been a spectacular Lunch-Break anime, in my experience.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's a special edition because it has a different side plate than the stock ones:

edit: holy balls, the Showa Press website is so loving Web 1.0 it's painful. http://www.showapress.jp (as in, the sheet metal shop that makes these things.)

Their specific Sho's brand page is a lot better, though. http://sho-s.jp/

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 16, 2018

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

AOTY so far for me. I like food and camping.

This stokes the gear lust so hard, even though I have everything I need already. I have a camp stove that'll output 20k BTU on one burner, and a tiny alcohol stove that'll fit in a 500ml cup. But I still want a mini grill that folds up. I can't even get the charcoal that the thing is meant for!

The local Asian\world supermarket has what is a very similar butane stove they use next to about a thousand bottles of butane though. :v: Turns out those are super cheap.

There Bias Two posted:

I have to stop watching this show on an empty stomach.

This show and Koufuku Graffiti I had stop watching unless I was eating because they both made me so goddamn hungry.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

PirateDentist posted:

I can't even get the charcoal that the thing is meant for!

You mean, "you haven't looked on amazon for "japanese-style charcoal" yet. =P

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You mean, "you haven't looked on amazon for "japanese-style charcoal" yet. =P

Technically you can get anything thanks to the internet. But $20 a pound for importing charcoal puts it in that same spot in my mind. :haw:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

PirateDentist posted:

Technically you can get anything thanks to the internet. But $20 a pound for importing charcoal puts it in that same spot in my mind. :haw:

....I'm going to quietly put this bookmark away, now. http://www.korin.com/Grillware_2/binchotan_accessories_2

(Just as well, Binchoutan is becoming increasingly rare because of dwindling resources of the oak used to make it, as well as an aging-out of the people who know how to make the stuff.)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 16, 2018

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

....I'm going to quietly put this bookmark away, now. http://www.korin.com/Grillware_2/binchotan_accessories_2

:argh:

I already catch enough poo poo from my friends about the gear I haul out to the woods. Nothing I can't do with the ol' propane hibachi style grill anyways, but it is neat. I'm not sure what adding entirely foreign style cooking setups would do to that. Produce delicious things probably.

Yuru Camp did seriously get me to think about just going out for a day or two, not having to make every trip a grand weeklong thing like I have in the past. Justify having spent all this cash on camping gear. There's a ton of state parks relatively close by.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's what I'm doing! Just a quick one-or-two-day camp here and there, once a month!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Same. I did a handful of overnighters last year but as silly as it sounds this series has gotten me in the mood to step it up a notch this year. Maybe even get an actual tent (instead of literal car camping)! There’s tons of little campgrounds along the California coast within a day’s drive, I need to get out more.

Definitely upping my camp food game, though.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Polikarpov posted:

It was really pretty.

Hey thats near me. Surprised theres that much water.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/974858111751262213

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I'm one of those "likes the warm" nerds who wouldn't go camping in a hundred years unless forced at gunpoint but this anime is still comfy and nice :3:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Conot posted:

I'm one of those "likes the warm" nerds who wouldn't go camping in a hundred years unless forced at gunpoint but this anime is still comfy and nice :3:

Camp in the summer, enjoy a sunny summer night drinking by a fire?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Crunchyroll subbed the extra bits where the Seiyuu for Nadeshiko Hanamori Yumiri goes solo camping first time. It's great

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Crunchyroll subbed the extra bits where the Seiyuu for Nadeshiko Hanamori Yumiri goes solo camping first time. It's great

Awesome. I doubt i'd have noticed that on my own.

All you gear acquirers be warned though, they are apparently going to the camping store in episode 2. :retrogames:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Link? Oh, I see. It's also premium only. Hm.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Waci posted:

Camp in the summer, enjoy a sunny summer night drinking by a fire?

I live in the UK, sunny summer days are a myth of the highest order.

I forgot to comment that this is also super cute.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Conot posted:

I live in the UK, sunny summer days are a myth of the highest order.

Can't you literally take a train to another country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Can't you literally take a train to another country?

The UK is now located in the middle of the pacific thanks to brexit