Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

So is Fit-mum in Scarygoround someone I'm supposed to recognize from Bobbins, or is it a new character?

New character, assuming there won't be some retcon in the near future.

I checked SGR last night right after midnight and saw a different strip that's probably a day or two ahead in the story...checking it again this morning out of habit threw me for a loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

JethroMcB posted:

New character, assuming there won't be some retcon in the near future.

I checked SGR last night right after midnight and saw a different strip that's probably a day or two ahead in the story...checking it again this morning out of habit threw me for a loop.

Yep, this really confused me as well. I had been excited because I thought he was going to 6 days a week temporarily...guess there was just a scheduling screwup.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Yeah John posted about it on Facebook. If like me, you just saw the Brogues comic for a few days in a row, check back for one before it,

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
does anyone know where the "evil" webcomics thread is?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

FunkyAl posted:

does anyone know where the "evil" webcomics thread is?

Cool Crew Chat Central in BYOB

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 15, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Don't really know where else to post this. The nephew of Zach Wiener, author of Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, has gone missing. He asked people to share this incredibly slow loading page with the information. The kid is 15, 6'2", probably in Massachusetts, probably in the Framinham or Dorchester area, and looks like this.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Mare Internum has begun its kickstarter. Complete story, already funded. There's about 200 hardcovers left. Someone pledged $1000 for a one-of-a-kind annotated hardcover with notes, reflections, and sketches from Der-Shing in it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

The kid is 15, 6'2"

jesus christ

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes it be like that

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this.

Well, OK, I was kind of expecting this.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 16, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm liking this new SGR cast.

I also like the fox characters in the last couple pages of Scurry. They remind me of the witches from Macbeth, but with a hint of just being some teens playing around.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Uh, clearly that isn't any kind of standard sword, much less any broadsword, given that the blade widens as it goes towards the tip! I mean, yes, the Chinese "dao" which some call the "Chinese broadsword" has a wider tip, but they are single-edged chopping weapons, most of which had a curve to the blade and hilt!

What, are we expected to believe that this character comes from some sort of magical "warrior tradition" or something that makes giant unwieldy swords that get wider toward the tip AND are double-edged AND straight AND have a diamond cross-section with a sharpened tip for stabbing - uh, hardly effective given the width?!

Boy I hope someone gets fired for this blunder!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Oxxidation posted:

jesus christ

I was 6'4" when I was 15.

and 150 lbs

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Also kickstartering, Band vs Band Volume 2. Only 49 hours to go, and they've made their goal. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they'll make that $20k stretch goal to reprint volume 1.

Death Ray is reprinting Weapon Brown. 4 days to go, and still over $8k short of its goal. It is just a reprint, to try and fund an epilogue. Since I already have the omnibus, there really wasn't much reason for me to back.

Least I Could Do is also 4 days to go and hasn't funded, but it's within spitting distance, unfortunately. You, too, can own print copies of the smuggest, most Gary Stu person in webcomics!

KC Green and Anthony Clark's BACK volume 2 has 12 days to go, and is just over halfway to its goal. And you can get a pin of beans in a can!

Mare Internum has already hit $48k and passed 5 stretch goals, and she's doubled the number of Processor pins available.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Pyroclastic posted:

Least I Could Do is also 4 days to go and hasn't funded, but it's within spitting distance, unfortunately. You, too, can own print copies of the smuggest, most Gary Stu person in webcomics!

Is there a stretch goal to make Ryan Sohmer quit forever?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Hold up... Mare Internum is ending in a month? How?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Typical Pubbie posted:

Hold up... Mare Internum is ending in a month? How?

Things do seem to be coming to a head. Bex refused the Processor, and Michael decided to help her escape. It'll probably conclude with the escape attempt succeeding or failing, and whatever Michael decides to do afterwards.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
But that's, like, 12 pages from now, right?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, it just barely squeaked in before the end but zebra girl managed to finish the early webcomic era bingo by claiming the genderbender tf space

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Don't really know where else to post this. The nephew of Zach Wiener, author of Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, has gone missing. He asked people to share this incredibly slow loading page with the information. The kid is 15, 6'2", probably in Massachusetts, probably in the Framinham or Dorchester area, and looks like this.

SMBC's post yesterday says he's been found safe.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Lovely webcomic about gay band ladies Band vs. Band is in the final 22 hours of its kickstarter for print volumes

https://twitter.com/kathmachine/status/975204426792054784

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

Lovely webcomic about gay band ladies Band vs. Band is in the final 22 hours of its kickstarter for print volumes

https://twitter.com/kathmachine/status/975204426792054784

lol with the small lettering in that picture I thought the little "do you see...?" sign said "lack of consent party theme" which seems like a pretty questionable party theme!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Meredith's started reposting Octopus Pie, this time with commentary!

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

How important do you all find an RSS button? I'm not sure if it's important enough to include on my site.

I stopped using RSS feeds when Apple dropped it from Mail in Mountain Lion 6 years ago.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I just always eventually forget about the existence of stuff that doesn't have RSS.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I never set up an RSS feed so I check my webcomics manually, like an animal. It's part of the reason why I only check like five webcomics these days. I keep meaning to set up an RSS feed but ehhhhh

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I keep an RSS feed for my comic current. It doesn't really take extra effort on my part and if it keeps people coming back, it's worth it.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Kruxy posted:

How important do you all find an RSS button? I'm not sure if it's important enough to include on my site.

I stopped using RSS feeds when Apple dropped it from Mail in Mountain Lion 6 years ago.

If I can't find an rss feed for an ongoing comic I give up on it. (I will accept an artist's tumblr as long as notification of updates get posted)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
There are only a few comics I check manually. RSS for everything else. But especially for ones without a set schedule.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I keep an RSS feed going of 50+ regularly updating comics and like 50+ more that update once a year. The ones I don't add to that, I inevitably forget about.

Makes it really easy to read all the day's updates with my morning coffee.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I basically use my tumblr dash to follow comics that post update notifications there.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I follow everything with RSS. Started with comics (because manually checking 30+ of them, with wildly varying update frequencies, became untenable), and now including blogs and anything else I'd otherwise catch myself "checking just in case it updated since I checked earlier today". Now there's just one page I refresh constantly, and I've cleared my brain of that nagging feeling that maybe I'm forgetting something so I should stay on the internet just another two minutes.

I haven't actually tried to follow a webcomic that didn't have a working RSS feed in years, but I imagine if I did I would fail.

Probably most webcomic readers only keep up with 1-5 of them, so check manually, but the people in this thread have generally accumulated more comics and so skew towards RSS usage.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 21, 2018

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I follow hundreds of webcomics. RSS is literally the only way I can keep up with them. If a comic doesn't have a working RSS feed, I will not remember its existence to check it for updates.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
If you don’t have an RSS then there’s like a 99% chance I won’t keep up with your comic. There are just too many comics and too little time for me to bother checking every site manually several times a week.

In fact if I had a webcomic I’d go as far as to have a “wtf is an RSS feed!?” button on the front page that walks readers through the process of signing up for an RSS account and adding my feed to their list. It’s just that valuable.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I dont use RSS but I'm apparently an anomaly in that sense so yeah I guess ya better add one.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

World Famous W posted:

I dont use RSS but I'm apparently an anomaly in that sense so yeah I guess ya better add one.

sounds like I should.

time to see if I can figure out how to make hover rollovers in WordPress...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Still using Comic Rocket. There's the occasional comic that it can't track properly (Tumblr is pretty much a write-off), but otherwise I can't really imagine not using it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, Georgia & her dad are amazing. :allears:

Edit: And it's always nice to have an excuse to reread Octopus Pie.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, Georgia & her dad are amazing. :allears:

Edit: And it's always nice to have an excuse to reread Octopus Pie.

That skeleton onesie is adorable.