Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I’ve heard this one.

He had a blue collar job at the factory. He came up with the recipe in his own kitchen and called a meeting with the executives.

He was so slick they thought it was a routine, internal project and signed off on it.

I don’t see how they could make a feature-length film out of it without injecting :siren: drama :siren:, but it’s not like I’ve read the man’s biography so what do I know?

Oops; I spoiled the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

I’ve heard this one.

He had a blue collar job at the factory. He came up with the recipe in his own kitchen and called a meeting with the executives.

He was so slick they thought it was a routine, internal project and signed off on it.

I don’t see how they could make a feature-length film out of it without injecting :siren: drama :siren:, but it’s not like I’ve read the man’s biography so what do I know?

Oops; I spoiled the plot.

It might be at least partly political. The inventor was a janitor born in Mexico who didn't speak much English, so he's a rags-to-riches story that goes directly against anti-immigrant sentiment.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
poo poo, give it the Pursuit of Happyness feel and I'd watch the gently caress out of that flick. Plus the marketing tie-ins at the theater practically sell themselves. Betcha there's Flaming Hot Cheetos nachos at the concession stands during the screenings.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
American Idol' contestant didn't love Katy Perry kissing him

quote:

"I wanted to save (my first kiss) for my first relationship," he said. "I wanted it to be special."

"It was lip contact versus a romantic situation with someone you care about," he said. "That's what a real first kiss is."
:goonsay:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/entertainment/bejnamin-glaze-katy-perry-kiss/index.html

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Not sure why you find sexual assault funny. :shrug:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Now imagine that Piers Morgan kissed you.

:barf:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Platystemon posted:

Now imagine that Piers Morgan kissed you.

:barf:

I don't know, he's a disgusting human being, but kind of fetching. I would rather kiss him than talk to him.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know, he's a disgusting human being, but kind of fetching. I would rather kiss him than talk to him.

This is like the essence of gently caress Marry Kill distilled into two sentences.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Katy Perry is pretty much comic relief on this season of Idol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k02ceY6ClGs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZUmzCZrkE

Meanwhile that country singer judge speaks like the most stereotypical southern country artist ever, and Lionel Richie is like some ancient music sage that speaks in riddles.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Not sure why you find sexual assault funny. :shrug:

If he'd kissed a girl, just to try, it he wouldn't have such a weird Pence-ish hang-up about it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

chitoryu12 posted:

It's a real part of the book.

Oh look, yet another thing Cline pretends to know a lot about and just completely whiffs any facts. (Many, MANY animal species masturbate, and not just primates)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

Oh look, yet another thing Cline pretends to know a lot about and just completely whiffs any facts. (Many, MANY animal species masturbate, and not just primates)

Also, how many protons does he think hydrogen atoms generally have? Because knocking a few off seems unrealistic.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

syscall girl posted:

If he'd kissed a girl, just to try, it he wouldn't have such a weird Pence-ish hang-up about it.
And if he did, it would have been his choice. And also not on television.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Peeny Cheez posted:

And if he did, it would have been his choice. And also not on television.

:agreed:

He should have fought her off and filed assault charges.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

quote:

"Have you kissed a girl and liked it?" Bryan said, playing off the lyrics of Perry's hit song "I Kissed A Girl."
The cashier from Enid, Oklahoma, revealed that he had never been in a relationship and "I can't kiss a girl without being in a relationship."
Perry beckoned Glaze over for what he thought would be a kiss on the cheek, but the pop star turned her head at the last minute and laid one on his lips instead.
That's a little more cut and dried than I expected :smith:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Haha what a weenie

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Deputies find crack in suspect's buttocks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

huh that's gotta be a first

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Pop Star Convicted For Smuggling Migrants

quote:

An Indian pop star, Daler Mehndi, has been sentenced to two years in prison for smuggling migrants abroad.

Mehndi and six others were accused in 2003 of cheating people of large sums of money by falsely promising to take them to Western countries.

The singer was convicted on Friday in the northern state of Punjab. But he was released on bail soon after.

Mehndi is one of the most popular Punjabi singers of the 1990s and early 2000s, and also has a following abroad.

In 1998 and 1999, he had allegedly taken at least 10 migrants, disguised as dancers in his ensemble, to the United States and returned without them.

After police in Punjab registered a case against him, about 35 people reportedly accused him of fraud. They said he had taken money from them for taking them abroad but had failed to do so.

Mehndi said he will appeal the conviction in a higher court.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

chitoryu12 posted:

It's a real part of the book.

Hydrogen atoms only have ONE proton. God loving drat it!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Lol that he picked literally the smallest thing to describe his penis

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

theironjef posted:

This is right after the protagonist talks about how he spent a few weeks with a sex bot to let him experience virtual brothels more realistically, but he gave up because he felt dirty and just went back to regular masturbation.

I'm not joking.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Do we have an emoji for "I'm completely disgusted by nerds"?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

theironjef posted:

:laffo: I didn't pick up on that yeah. Ernest Cline loving sucks at everything.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

We have "turn on your monitor"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Nooooo! Well at least he isn't a horrible sex monster, right?

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Nintendo fans shocked to discover Luigi has a PENIS - and someone has even calculated how big it is

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

:tvtropes: usually suffices.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

quote:

Kenny Loggins tweeted: “I for one am glad to hear that Luigi has a penis and it's roughly slightly below but not far off average. Good on you Luigi, get yours.”

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I guess he teleported the Taleban once too many.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Mario's penis is slightly shorter, but it has better traction.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GOON PROJECT: Let’s collaborate win TFR and bust the Tunak Tunak Tun guy out of prison.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/974739204239368192

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

His reaction to almost being murdered for no reason: I ain't even mad

This dude is a zen master, possibly through rigorous video game training.

He’s probably on like all the painkillers tbf

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-says-fat-shamed-universal-theme-park-shes-filing-discrimination-complaint-141517222.html

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Obviously there's nothing that can be done about any of the ride restraints (those are safety features, not comfort features, and can't just be adjusted), but I think you need to visit a doctor before you visit a theme park if you require two spaces on a bench seat like Kong has.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

chitoryu12 posted:

Obviously there's nothing that can be done about any of the ride restraints (those are safety features, not comfort features, and can't just be adjusted), but I think you need to visit a doctor before you visit a theme park if you require two spaces on a bench seat like Kong has.

It wasn't a safety thing, allegedly they just wanted to get as many people on that ride as possible. "Push for capacity."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Baron von Eevl posted:

It wasn't a safety thing, allegedly they just wanted to get as many people on that ride as possible. "Push for capacity."

They have a set number of people who are supposed to be in each row. It’s not a greed thing, but a way of making sure the queue doesn’t start backing up. That ride regularly gets lines over an hour long even outside peak times, so slowing loading or not loading a vehicle to capacity can cause a huge problem.