Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

Well, if you hate the New Orleans Saints, the good news is that they won't exist in 3 years. They'll be some other, larger market's team.

I'm sure Roger Goodell would never let that happen on his watch.......

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Benson was an rear end in a top hat to the city but not more than most other owners would've been. The future is obviously completely unknown, but Gayle Benson is, uh, not well regarded by anyone who knows her.

A.o.D. posted:

Well, if you hate the New Orleans Saints, the good news is that they won't exist in 3 years. They'll be some other, larger market's team.
:smith:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hopefully the saints fire everyone and try to go the Major League route

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/974395823747420160

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/974395245466185734

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/974405127120478208

lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

As it should be.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

A.o.D. posted:

The biggest available market is literally a THIRD team in the New York area, perhaps New Jersey.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Silly Burrito posted:

As it should be.
Agreed.

[edit] When Arthur Blank goes to The Great 18 Lane Freeway in the Sky I would expect the same from @Saints.

Sent from my iPad fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 15, 2018

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

[edit] I'm an idiot.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Play posted:

The biggest available market is literally a THIRD team in the New York area, perhaps New Jersey.

Move the saints to alaska

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Sent from my iPad posted:

Agreed.

[edit] When Arthur Blank goes to The Great 18 Lane Freeway in the Sky I would expect the same from @Saints.

Arthur Blank does a lot for a lot of people. What's that Benson cat done

Edit: looks like he gave a bunch of money to cancer research so good for him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Move the Saints to the surface of the moon, pioneers of low-G football. Drew Brees receives anti-aging injections and throws for 50,000 yards in the first season of the extraterranean football league

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

The fact that they felt the need to respond to this (and didn't check for typos) is kinda a bad sign:

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/974412426002227200

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Benson is dead.

Long live the Benson.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

three posted:

$9 mil on a DT is dumb.

The Panthers could have had Allen Robinson if they just spent better.

Eh with the panthers secondary the way it Is, even with a new number 2 corner without a great defensive line rotation the entire defense would be boned.

They have to keep Luke running free. Dontari wouldn't have been my first choice but it pretty much makes star leaving a non issue.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Joey Freshwater posted:

Saints owner died. They winnin the SB y’all

For San Antonio

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
You guys see the contract Star got? lol

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/974421305364828161

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Saints bringing Bushrod back for a 1 yr deal.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/03/saints_sign_jermon_bushrod.html

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uh good on him I guess.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sheeesh, he got paaaaaaid.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

drat, that takes me back to my favorite fictional draft pick that Crazy set up....8 years ago?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3286480&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post375299116

Too bad Waffleimages is gone. I had placed a strategic picture of Bushrod to hide the naughty bits.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

three posted:

$9 mil on a DT is dumb.

The Panthers could have had Allen Robinson if they just spent better.

9 mil on Dontari Poe is also dumb. He's basically a run stuffer, but he does get that done.

I have serious doubts that a guard Shanahan let walk will be any good for the Shanahan system we have installed in Atlanta.

also...

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/974417385288585217

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 16, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

9 mil on Dontari Poe is also dumb. He's basically a run stuffer, but he does get that done.

I have serious doubts that a guard Shanahan let walk will be any good for the Shanahan system we have installed in Atlanta.

Poe was solid last year. Worth $9M a year solid? Debatable...but we now have a large gap at DT that needs filling most likely by a rookie so...

And I had serious doubts as well, but I've been reading up on the dude and I guess early on he sucked in Minny but moved to SF and the ZBS and was much better but was still tied to a poo poo oline. This guy I follow on twitter who is really good went through the all 22's of every sf game and he is encouraged by the signing so I guess we will see. I'm there with you though...our big fa signing was a guard we have never heard of hah. This offseason has been tough to watch from Poe to Carolina, Suh maybe to NO, Clay maybe to NE. Blegh.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Poe contract is nothign compared to what Star got in Buffalo.

Good lord.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

The Poe contract is nothign compared to what Star got in Buffalo.

Good lord.

I just looked at (lol) PFF for the two players...omg was Star really that bad last year?!

Star - 49.5 Rating (109th ranked DL)
Poe - 81.5 Rating (35th ranked DL)

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Chilichimp posted:

also...

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/974417385288585217
aw lame

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
drat, Saints re-signed Okafor. 2 years, up to $10m

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

I just looked at (lol) PFF for the two players...omg was Star really that bad last year?!

Star - 49.5 Rating (109th ranked DL)
Poe - 81.5 Rating (35th ranked DL)

getting that contract after that performance is not giving me hope Atlanta an find any defense DL off the scrap heap this season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

getting that contract after that performance is not giving me hope Atlanta an find any defense DL off the scrap heap this season.

Yeah, with the space we have currently I have a feeling they are going to double dip at DT in the first few rounds of the draft. DT, TE, DT maybe or DT, DT, TE. I dunno.

Bennie Logan maybe? :shrug:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So apparently Greg Olsen is auditioning to be an analyst on MNF today. Not sure when he'd start but presumably this season, meaning... gently caress

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

So apparently Greg Olsen is auditioning to be an analyst on MNF today. Not sure when he'd start but presumably this season, meaning... gently caress

Yeah someone tweeted that if he got the gig he would retire. Not sure how officially official that is but...yea...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

drat, Saints re-signed Okafor. 2 years, up to $10m

poo poo yes. Even if we don't get Suh I'm glad we got Okafor back.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, with the space we have currently I have a feeling they are going to double dip at DT in the first few rounds of the draft. DT, TE, DT maybe or DT, DT, TE. I dunno.

Bennie Logan maybe? :shrug:

We're not drafting a TE. The franchise sees Austin Hooper as the receiver TE they want and they'll just sign scrap heap guys for a few years to be blockers.

I expect them to draft for the trenches heavily in day 1/2.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 16, 2018

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Hooper sucks

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

We're not drafting a TE. The franchise sees Austin Hooper as the receiver TE they want and they'll just sign scrap heap guys for a few years to be blockers.

I expect them to draft for the trenches heavily in day 1/2.

I'm not so sure about them not drafting a te...we will see, but Sark loves splitting out tes and he really couldn't do that with Levine. You may be right, but with the guard signing, I think te will be in the mix in the first few rounds.

DT is the glaring need, DE as well so maybe combo players after the 1st than can kick inside.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tatsuta Age posted:

Hooper sucks

Doesn't matter, we're still not gonna draft a TE.

I'm not so sure about them not drafting a te...we will see, but Sark loves splitting out tes and he really couldn't do that with Levine. You may be right, but with the guard signing, I think te will be in the mix in the first few rounds.

DT is the glaring need, DE as well so maybe combo players after the 1st than can kick inside.

We needed a guard just to get through the loving season. I still expect we draft oline day 1 or 2.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Doesn't matter, we're still not gonna draft a TE.

We needed a guard just to get through the loving season. I still expect we draft oline day 1 or 2.

We have 10 linemen right now...

And with the Fusco signing and Levitre coming back I think they think we are set.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Rapaport reported that Olsen has committed to playing this season. Unfortunately.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
The Bucs signed Chandler Catanzaro and I don't know how good/bad he actually is but whenever I hear Bucs and Kicker in the same sentence my balls shrivel up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Epi Lepi posted:

The Bucs signed Chandler Catanzaro and I don't know how good/bad he actually is but whenever I hear Bucs and Kicker in the same sentence my balls shrivel up.

He was decent for Arizona one year IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Catanzaro was one half of the kicking duo that gave us this game:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-cardinals-seahawks-field-goals-ot-20161023-story,amp.html

• Locked thread