Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
He called recently and talked about driving a dune buggy up the Rocky steps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a16047523/jon-wurster-philly-fans/

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I like what he’s doing with the Oh Shut Up show and am surprised that pretty much all of the callers who got on during that segment got it and went along. Street Fighter fanfic show was also hilarious. I feel like with Tom’s love of pinball it shouldn’t surprise me that he might know about arcade games as well but I am. My one complaint about Oh Shut Up is that it’s supposed to be some angry New Jersey call in show but the bed music is one of Tom’s hip garage rock bands.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dr.Radical posted:

He called recently and talked about driving a dune buggy up the Rocky steps

Yeah but Roy talking about Philly burning after they beat the Pats sounds amazing

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Anyone else keeping up with Meet My Friends The Friends? I was skeptical at first but it's totally won me over. So far each new episode has found a new way to be funny.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah but Roy talking about Philly burning after they beat the Pats sounds amazing

I just saw a video of a Philly fan eating horse poo poo. Now I REALLY want a Philly Boy Roy call

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Philly Boy Roy probably behaved himself and had a completely uneventful night.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tom mixing up Blade and Good Will Hunting made me laugh out loud at work.

Also, love that Simon Doom song. I listened to all his stuff right after.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is Tom okay?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
We'll see. It is a little worrying that he's missed two weeks in a row. Hopefully things will get back on track this week.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

From what I can parse from twitter is sounds like he got a nasty bug.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I thought of the Trent L. Strauss movie title “You’re Soaking In Her” today and had a good chuckle

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Based on his tweets, I think he got too sick to do the show the first week, and then because he was so sick he missed a bunch of other work-related stuff which meant he had to miss the second show because he was doing the other work he had missed.

I actually didn't mind the break, Best Show is so goddamn long that not having two in a row allowed me to catch up on my podcast backlog :v:

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Clearly Jason was right, Meet My Friends the Friends will be the end of the Best Show.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was anyone else kind of secretly hoping that the surgery kid was the most elaborate E Cigs for legs call?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yes.

Weird callers this week (in a good way), crock pot guy, BB from LV who is one of my favorites, etc. - good episode to come back with despite the lack of a Wurster call

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
So is B.B. his dealer?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I don't like to engage in a lot of Cat-bashing, but wow did she issue a big ol' string of back-handed compliments to MGMT. Then again, it's not as if I'm a huge MGMT fan.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Is MGMT in the studio the whole time? I'm only like 45 minutes into the show. I don't really listen to them and definitely don't want to listen to them get interviewed for 3 hours. They must leave at some point yeah?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

The Berzerker posted:

Is MGMT in the studio the whole time? I'm only like 45 minutes into the show. I don't really listen to them and definitely don't want to listen to them get interviewed for 3 hours. They must leave at some point yeah?

No. They don't. Some mildly funny stuff happens, but it's not an amazing episode and they're in the studio the whole time and are never interesting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like Tom's obsession with MGMT and how much it mostly clashes with his fan base. I'll admit I liked their first EP and album somewhat, and I thought Congratulations was the most boring poo poo ever, so it was so weird when he first brought it up as this great album by a band he considered crappy.

I actually just finally got around to listening to it again today like 8 years later and it's pretty drat good. I actually think it would have been received much better today than it was when it was released.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 1, 2018

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Please come back Jon Wurster :(

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Has there been a Wurster call since the Eagles won the Super Bowl?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Thom and the Heads posted:

Has there been a Wurster call since the Eagles won the Super Bowl?

Nope, he's been on tour with Superchunk, plus the two weeks without a show

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Flip Yr Wig posted:

No. They don't. Some mildly funny stuff happens, but it's not an amazing episode and they're in the studio the whole time and are never interesting.

I really love the fake radio shows but does he really have to do the static noises for like literally 3 minutes straight?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I really love the fake radio shows but does he really have to do the static noises for like literally 3 minutes straight?

It's so you know the computer is breaking.

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I don't like to engage in a lot of Cat-bashing, but wow did she issue a big ol' string of back-handed compliments to MGMT. Then again, it's not as if I'm a huge MGMT fan.

Jesus christ Cat’s call this week made me cringe

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqCCcfKRt6k

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Why are there SO MANY news logos on this video? They cover the subtitles. How is this on CNN's official YT channel???

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I, no joke, interviewed for a video production job with the first guy being interviewed in that video. I still have flashbacks to that day. He is a Scharpling character.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Asnorban posted:

I, no joke, interviewed for a video production job with the first guy being interviewed in that video. I still have flashbacks to that day. He is a Scharpling character.

Yeah before Jon Wurster was on I thought the video was posted because of the ridiculousness of that dude like how someone posted another video earlier of a guy who sounded like Philly Boy Roy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

First class Wurster blaming those savages in coach, lol

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WtYQenZpwA

deathdrive83
Sep 21, 2002

Outside by the other worlds.
I enjoyed the accidental funeral story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm a week behind but god bless E cigs for legs. James<E Cigs

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I listened to the first part live so I heard Tom’s nosebleed story... does he ever explain why he didn’t go to the doctor????

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Annabelle is the new Kat.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cloks posted:

Annabelle is the new Kat.

Oh good, first and second callers.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010