Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan's sister beating his brains in with a stick was the highlight of that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan's sister beating his brains in with a stick was the highlight of that show.

My mind went to Nikki Bella beating up Daniel Bryan here.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

My mind went to Nikki Bella beating up Daniel Bryan here.
weird on many levels bro

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any of NJPW related podcasts besides the New Japan Purocast? I just really can’t get into the hosts and also the constant cursing makes it impossible to listen too if my kids are in the car. It’s not like occasional is the biggest deal (ie say Dave or BtS), it’s just really constant.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Are there any of NJPW related podcasts besides the New Japan Purocast? I just really can’t get into the hosts and also the constant cursing makes it impossible to listen too if my kids are in the car. It’s not like occasional is the biggest deal (ie say Dave or BtS), it’s just really constant.

Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare is mostly NJPW (and puro in general) but they put out a new episode at most regularly, usually quarterly so it isn't the most prolific podcast on the subject.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's also Straight Shoot on YouTube. Not exclusively NJPW, but he covers it, and has Excalibur from PWG on to discuss Puri sometimes. The Four Pillars of Heaven episode is good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare is also where Sempervive is actually palatable, so don't be put off if he pisses you off on Observer Live.

Man I wish they'd do a new Sin Limite though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Big Audio is worth it for the G1 preview where they break their brains trying to figure out the math

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks! Do you guys have a link to the feed? I couldn’t find it on iTunes.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Thanks! Do you guys have a link to the feed? I couldn’t find it on iTunes.

http://www.f4wonline.com/feed/anm.rss

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Big Audio is worth it for the G1 preview where they break their brains trying to figure out the math

Somebody post the clip of Dave talking about the G1.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A good Wrestling podcast for standard Wrestling reasons. But I genuinely believe Mandy and her words will help people struggling with their sexuality and things relative to that. Worth maybe passing on to people that themes covered in the podcast might really hit home to.

https://twitter.com/LilianGarcia/status/973213883534987266

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VJeff posted:

No the clip of him trying to book TNA's tournament like he's Giant Baba

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Yeah, I love it when they get to the tail end of their predictions and start realizing the math doesn't add up and they have to wildly adjust on the fly with draws and no-contests and three-way dances :allears:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

VJeff posted:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the feed link.

Also this should be in any podcast OP.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, Randy Orton had a great year at the Observer Awards.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

Boy, Randy Orton had a great year at the Observer Awards.

When you're stuck in feuds with the Most Overrated and 5th Most Overrated wrestlers for the majority of the year, there's not much you can do.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We're back!

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/974453476011970560

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Dave Meltzer: Office and Gentleman?
Dave: Oh yeah that.
Bryan: Where have I been?
Dave: ... Seattle?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: Dave Meltzer: Office and Gentleman?
Dave: Oh yeah that.
Bryan: Where have I been?
Dave: ... Seattle?

Dave is a legend, he needs to release a guru book of some sort asap.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Its this part of TNA our are you done for now?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Its this part of TNA our are you done for now?

Neither. Calm yourselves. TNA will return.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's also Straight Shoot on YouTube. Not exclusively NJPW, but he covers it, and has Excalibur from PWG on to discuss Puri sometimes. The Four Pillars of Heaven episode is good.

It better be good. It costs $1,500 a month of publicly funded money to make!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
F4D with Tom Lawlor this week was amazing. Ended up overran by children in Tom's house.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah that was pretty incredible, it's also only 18 minutes so a very quick listen.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Do an episode on XWF. It was truly the precursor to TNA. They even taped at the Impact Zone.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

Neither. Calm yourselves. TNA will return.

NO! throws garbage can through window

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jubs posted:

Do an episode on XWF. It was truly the precursor to TNA. They even taped at the Impact Zone.

It's in the pipe, but WWA was way more of a precursor, XWF's business plan was more based on traditional TV.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jubs posted:

They didn't have a Tits, Whips, and Buff match

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sami Callihan comes across really poorly on Talk is Jericho. He's probably trying to use everyone hating him to drum up business but he's much too stupid to not shoot himsef in the foot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Sami Callihan comes across really poorly

You don't say

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

They didn't have a Tits, Whips, and Buff match

Tits, Whips, and Buff match.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Benne posted:

You don't say

Well yeah but this was even bad by his standards. He manages to say things that could piss off every major promotion that would consider employing him, while also taking credit for things like the End of Days and saying that he should be allowed to say racist things in character.

Tasky
May 7, 2008

Come on Bob! The WORLD WIDE WEB!
Dude has gotta be working right? I mean, he sounds like he's cutting a promo the whole time, and seeing as Jericho is tight with Callis, you'd think this is them drumming up some buzz for the grudge match that's gonna happen when Eddie's healthy. And he's had guys on his podcast in-character before.

I dunno, maybe it's just my belief in general human decency, but no one can be that big of a piece of poo poo and be serious.... Right??

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The only thing lamer than working yourself into a shoot is shooting yourself into a work

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think Sami's just an rear end in a top hat

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tasky posted:

Dude has gotta be working right? I mean, he sounds like he's cutting a promo the whole time, and seeing as Jericho is tight with Callis, you'd think this is them drumming up some buzz for the grudge match that's gonna happen when Eddie's healthy. And he's had guys on his podcast in-character before.

I dunno, maybe it's just my belief in general human decency, but no one can be that big of a piece of poo poo and be serious.... Right??

Has he had anyone else on who was kayfabing since Matt Hardy?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's the thing where it's a work but he's also still a pile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasky
May 7, 2008

Come on Bob! The WORLD WIDE WEB!

Gaz-L posted:

Has he had anyone else on who was kayfabing since Matt Hardy?

He had Miz and Sandow on during the Mizdow gimmick but that was only for about 5 minutes and then it was a regular podcast with Sandow.

Yeah, agreeing that, even if he's trying some sort of angle, at the end of the day he still just sounds like an rear end in a top hat