Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

EC10 posted:

not sure ive ever actually seen welbeck do anything good

His first goal was a cracker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Always makes me laugh about Karen Brady holding herself up as a strong independent woman who is a good role model for women when she is literally in thrall to two old geezers who made their fortune off paying people down on their luck to get bummed on camera.

they still do that hahaaha

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The number 96 is verboten

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/16/topman-withdraws-t-shirt-from-sale-after-hillsborough-row

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is some Finn-era TRP stuff.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

A lot of people get mad at my '6 million wasn't enough' shirt, but I stand by my opinion that Lee Majors is criminally underrated.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There are a lot of easily misinterpreted coincidences, but the scouse persecution complex knows no bounds.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Imagine if they played Hannover

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ninpo posted:

There are a lot of easily misinterpreted coincidences, but the scouse persecution complex knows no bounds.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Hmmm yes the 96 on the back is definitely a reference to the fateful year that a Bob Marley song was remixed.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Strawman posted:

A lot of people get mad at my '6 million wasn't enough' shirt, but I stand by my opinion that Lee Majors is criminally underrated.

Lol

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Strawman posted:

Holy poo poo

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

What song is this supposedly a reference to? It seems pretty obscure.

And at what point does a Bob Marley reference come without use of the other Trustifarian colors of green and black?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Don't really remember the Bob Marley track they're referencing

Personally when I think 96 I think of "Killing Me Softly"

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Don't really remember the Bob Marley track they're referencing

Personally when I think 96 I think of "Killing Me Softly"

A shame Jennifer Paige's "Crush" came out in 1998 tbh

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ninpo posted:

Yowzer

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ninpo posted:

:piss:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

What song is this supposedly a reference to? It seems pretty obscure.

And at what point does a Bob Marley reference come without use of the other Trustifarian colors of green and black?

I think it's this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNQ36qHeIXg

I've never heard of it. So yeah, this is probably just a Hillsborough reference.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I think it's just really loving stupid by Topman. Either they were completely unaware of the coincidence and nobody in the process spotted the really obvious connotations, or they did know and decided to ignore it.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://mobile.twitter.com/UtdClips/status/974665435051380736

Is this a rant? A meltdown? I think he has some good points.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brony Car posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob1rYlCpOnM

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

I agree with Jose Mourinho, Manchester United are poo poo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Brony Car posted:

it's not like mourinho to get defensive

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
All the lols

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

it's not like mourinho to get defensive

lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I don't think he really has a point with his heritage line since he's been able to spend whatever the gently caress he wants and turned them even more defensive and boring to watch than Van Gaal had them playing.

It takes time no doubt to get your stamp on a team, but defending that embarrassing display against Sevilla with this is nonsense. He should just own up to it.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 16, 2018

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/jose-mourinho-insists-he-wont-use-poor-manche/293255

Lol

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
he's dead right, imagine having to put up with whiny fans and press when he won 3 trophies last year, got them back into the CL, has them sat 2nd in the premier league, still in the FA cup

all of this after that poo poo show that was Moyes and Van Gaal, they should be over the moon with him

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

kcer posted:

he's dead right, imagine having to put up with whiny fans and press when he won 3 trophies last year, got them back into the CL, has them sat 2nd in the premier league, still in the FA cup

all of this after that poo poo show that was Moyes and Van Gaal, they should be over the moon with him

Football fans are never happy really.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Really? no one understands the connection between the line "what goes around comes back around" and the number 69?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Myssu posted:

Hmmm yes the 96 on the back is definitely a reference to the fateful year that a Bob Marley song was remixed.

Ninpo posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

they're ridiculously entitled

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They didn't chose to support United to not see them win all the trophies.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Who do United get if they sack Mourinho? Probably why he feels secure enough to come out with this poo poo.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

in fairness, I'm not hugely up on what's happening on united forums or whatever, but I don't think people out there are generally calling for his head (other than the same people who already were)

that may be because if we got rid the replacement options would be mauricio "turns out you still don't need trophies to be a winner" pochettino or the ghost of nicky butt, but the point still stands

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to risk serious posting in TRP and gently caress all of you if you make me regret it.

United was always loving doomed when Ferguson retired. Moyes had a fighting chance, granted, but he refused it point blank when he decided to ignore SAF, bring in his own staff and sack everyone else in his first season. Van Gaal was too far up his own arse and had too little Premier League experience for his bullshit to fly and imo was rightfully sacked in his second season.

Enter Mourinho. Not everyone's first choice, certainly not from the club or fanbase point of view, but here we are. I personally and instantly thought "well, if nothing else, it'll be interesting".

Well it's certainly been interesting. Mourinho can't seem to decide if he wants to fit into the United Way of attacking or into his Own Way of choking the poo poo out of matches and coming out with a win, culminating in some baffling results. Up to this season I genuinely thought he was doing OK, but I'm not sure about his response to City becoming Pep's Dream Team the way they have. By that I mean his general and congenial acceptance of it all and the fact it doesn't seem to matter too much to him so long as we finish in the top four. Ferguson, in his day, would be visibly losing sleep at Pep challenging the throne.

That said, we're second in the league, comfortably, and still in the FA Cup. We've just done one in one of the most important (for the fans) fixtures in the league vs Liverpool. The CL performance was loving woeful and he's rightly going to have to answer to that, whether he does so in the press or not. Pogba is a problem he's going to have to solve, as is Sanchez. I don't for a second think a manager like Mourinho is going to just sit on those issues and hope they go away.

As a fan, I realise I've been spoiled to a RIDICULOUS extent by the presence of SAF, and as each year has gone by, I've appreciated even more than I did already what he did for the club. But I also realise his time has come, and gone, I enjoyed it for all of my adult life and now it's gone and such an embarrassment of riches may never come my way again as a supporter of Manchester United. I cannot in good conscience be angry it has gone away, nor can I be upset that it may be some time before the league title or the champions league come back to Old Trafford. I am a thoroughly ruined fan of Manchester United, I was lucky enough to see the club through the 90s and 00s and Mourinho may well be the best we can get while Pep wins Everything at City.

That said, he was a loving coward against Sevilla and we should be in the quarter finals. I do think, however, outside of the press and what not, he is well aware of this. I like him still, he's a loving bellend but he's our bellend. He knows he hosed up against Sevilla and given the Not Mourinho choices, considering he respects SAF and no doubt has his ear, he's still our manager and he has my support 100%.

Nice meltdown etc.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

kcer posted:

Community Shield doesn't count. Otherwise, yeah, this is still a massive improvement over the previous two managers, results-wise. Only thing I miss is Van Gaal's record against the top 6.

I guess my question is, who else is out there, available, that has big club qualifications? Ancelotti's got a stink on him especially given Heynckes' utter domination since they got rid of him. Things could be a lot worse than 2nd place and out of the CL in the round of 16.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ninpo posted:

I'm going to risk serious posting in TRP and gently caress all of you if you make me regret it.

United was always loving doomed when Ferguson retired. Moyes had a fighting chance, granted, but he refused it point blank when he decided to ignore SAF, bring in his own staff and sack everyone else in his first season. Van Gaal was too far up his own arse and had too little Premier League experience for his bullshit to fly and imo was rightfully sacked in his second season.

Enter Mourinho. Not everyone's first choice, certainly not from the club or fanbase point of view, but here we are. I personally and instantly thought "well, if nothing else, it'll be interesting".

Well it's certainly been interesting. Mourinho can't seem to decide if he wants to fit into the United Way of attacking or into his Own Way of choking the poo poo out of matches and coming out with a win, culminating in some baffling results. Up to this season I genuinely thought he was doing OK, but I'm not sure about his response to City becoming Pep's Dream Team the way they have. By that I mean his general and congenial acceptance of it all and the fact it doesn't seem to matter too much to him so long as we finish in the top four. Ferguson, in his day, would be visibly losing sleep at Pep challenging the throne.

That said, we're second in the league, comfortably, and still in the FA Cup. We've just done one in one of the most important (for the fans) fixtures in the league vs Liverpool. The CL performance was loving woeful and he's rightly going to have to answer to that, whether he does so in the press or not. Pogba is a problem he's going to have to solve, as is Sanchez. I don't for a second think a manager like Mourinho is going to just sit on those issues and hope they go away.

As a fan, I realise I've been spoiled to a RIDICULOUS extent by the presence of SAF, and as each year has gone by, I've appreciated even more than I did already what he did for the club. But I also realise his time has come, and gone, I enjoyed it for all of my adult life and now it's gone and such an embarrassment of riches may never come my way again as a supporter of Manchester United. I cannot in good conscience be angry it has gone away, nor can I be upset that it may be some time before the league title or the champions league come back to Old Trafford. I am a thoroughly ruined fan of Manchester United, I was lucky enough to see the club through the 90s and 00s and Mourinho may well be the best we can get while Pep wins Everything at City.

That said, he was a loving coward against Sevilla and we should be in the quarter finals. I do think, however, outside of the press and what not, he is well aware of this. I like him still, he's a loving bellend but he's our bellend. He knows he hosed up against Sevilla and given the Not Mourinho choices, considering he respects SAF and no doubt has his ear, he's still our manager and he has my support 100%.

Nice meltdown etc.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TheBigAristotle posted:

Community Shield doesn't count. Otherwise, yeah, this is still a massive improvement over the previous two managers, results-wise. Only thing I miss is Van Gaal's record against the top 6.

I guess my question is, who else is out there, available, that has big club qualifications? Ancelotti's got a stink on him especially given Heynckes' utter domination since they got rid of him. Things could be a lot worse than 2nd place and out of the CL in the round of 16.

Simeone is the biggest name, I think?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TheBigAristotle posted:

There are very few managers in the world that wouldn't move to United in any summer, I think. United almost certainly would be massively increasing their wages, would be willing and able to pay their club's release clause if needed, and have a big budget for player purchases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trem_two posted:

There are very few managers in the world that wouldn't move to United in any summer, I think. United almost certainly would be massively increasing their wages, would be willing and able to pay their club's release clause if needed, and have a big budget for player purchases.

If rumours are to be believed, both Pep and Klopp turned down succeeding Ferguson.

• Locked thread