Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Senku gonna invent big butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Senku gonna invent big butts

Are you trying to insult Kohaku and Ruri?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

boichi just beat him to the punch is all

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

khy posted:

Senku strikes me as the type for whom practicality and effectiveness are all he cares about. I mean, this is the guy who handed his best friend a bottle of Gasoline and told him it was a love potion. But I can see why it's a stretch.

Senku is quite happy to do something sneaky or underhanded to win, but none of his schemes have involved killing people.

In the fighting tournament against Magma they were coming up with plans to rig the fights and get the outcome they wanted, but "murder Magma" wasn't something they even considered.

Just now he got Gen to sabotage the enemy weapons, instead of poisoning their food or something.

And Senku will lie that he's developed poison gas or developed guns in order to intimidate the enemy into backing down, but most of his actual re-inventions have been more medical/supportive in nature. The main exception being the swords, but even they were more designed to intimidate than to destroy.

So it's completely in character for Senku to do something "cheaty" or unfair, but mass murder would come straight out of nowhere.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

WMDs could be next afterall we just witnessed they have Suika and Destroy capabilities :coal:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want to see Kohaku in a 2B cosplay.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/dr-stone/en/0/50/page/1

Taiju was right all along

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So this sort of confirms outright that Tsukasa Is an idiot with enough muscle and chrasma to make that dangerous

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is tsukasa dumb enough to believe taiju and his girlfriend won't immediately betray him once getting in contact with senku? I kinda think he is

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

is tsukasa dumb enough to believe taiju and his girlfriend won't immediately betray him once getting in contact with senku? I kinda think he is

I don't think they'll join forces with Senku if that's what you mean.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what I mean is it's really, REALLY obvious that even if tsukasa doesn't suspect taiju of knowing senku survived, taiju would obviously go right back to senku the moment he could

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh wait, you're talkin' about Senku's friend and Headphone girl. right right.

I thought you were talking about Spear guy and Obvious Lady Backstab.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 16, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Still finding it odd that Tsukasa is somehow good at digging up people who agree with him just by sight. Like the whole "hey no more lovely society, gently caress science" sounds cool until you have two brain cells rub together and think, "wait, what if I get a cold or something, also didn't people thousands of years ago only live to like 40 at best on average??"

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
It never ceases to make me laugh when people ask him 'oh so you're going to bring back [OBVIOUS NEXT TECHNOLOGY BASED ON PREVIOUS CREATION]' and Senku goes 'no we're going to make [TECHNOLOGY THAT OCCURED SEVERAL THOUSAND YEARS LATER, SKIPPING RIGHT BY IT]'. Because why not, if you know how?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Still finding it odd that Tsukasa is somehow good at digging up people who agree with him just by sight. Like the whole "hey no more lovely society, gently caress science" sounds cool until you have two brain cells rub together and think, "wait, what if I get a cold or something, also didn't people thousands of years ago only live to like 40 at best on average??"

Lots of people are stupid. And we already have Gen as an example of the later.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I figured walkie-talkies might be a little bit easier to craft than a goddamn smartphone, but I guess Senku just wants to skip straight to the good stuff.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Fabricated posted:

I figured he just killed the ones who didn't agree.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gen is like the only Tsukkomi in a world of Bokes. Excellent foil.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I personally consider nukes more powerful than communications/cell phones but that's just me :v:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is going to be the greatest shonen arc of all time.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So here's the real question: after 3700 with no maintenance of any kind, would cell satellites still be in orbit and functional?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ZiegeDame posted:

So here's the real question: after 3700 with no maintenance of any kind, would cell satellites still be in orbit and functional?

No theyd have crashed into the earth or burned up in the atmosphere due to orbital decay.
Besides he doesnt need to make a cellphone, just a radio.
And considering hes going for lead-acid theyre going to be WW2/Korean war style radio backpacks.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They wouldn't be. Pretty sure he's just going to make radios.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

Eh, that's mostly due to not making it to adulthood. They've mostly beaten the odds at this point so their life expectancy is like sixty.

I love how they don't do things by half measures in this manga. Could just shoot for a radio but no, a smartphone.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

He wants to use vacuum tubes. It's just going to be a radio.

This could be a good segue into the next plot arc: They receive an outside signal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

I figured walkie-talkies might be a little bit easier to craft than a goddamn smartphone, but I guess Senku just wants to skip straight to the good stuff.

he specifically says they won't be smart phones

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Society pre agriculture development was probably way more egalitarian from what we understand so he's right about that at least.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

What I'm saying is Tsukasa is going to turn out to be right all along after an incredibly bittersweet ending where a science kingdom victory through rapid deployment of technology leads to decay and destruction because technology outpaced a hunter-gatherer cultures ability to collectively manage it.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Senku hasn't really put forward a vision of society yet beyond 'All the science." He's just been jumping from one crisis to the next. But if he really wants to win this war without bloodshed, he's gonna need to present a counter to Tsukasa's ideology. Hopefully it doesn't fall into the rut of 'only villains are against the status quo'.

Fingers crossed for the anarcho-primitivism vs. fully-automated luxury space communism debates.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

senku's vision is reestablishing modern society and saving all of the people that were petrified

tsukasa wants to select specific people that match his vision and not advance from their primitive stone age because he's both dumb and an rear end in a top hat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
senku wants to go into space and hopefully the series will end with that

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

Fingers crossed for the anarcho-primitivism vs. fully-automated luxury space communism debates.

Hell Yeah.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Manatee Cannon posted:

senku's vision is reestablishing modern society and saving all of the people that were petrified

tsukasa wants to select specific people that match his vision and not advance from their primitive stone age because he's both dumb and an rear end in a top hat

If Senku's goal is to recreate modern society exactly* as it was, then he is both the dumb and the rear end in a top hat.

*massive global inequality, global warming, racism, sexism, apocalyptic stockpiles of nuclear weapons, etc.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you think modern society is worse than the stone age then idk what to tell you

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you think modern society is worse than the stone age then idk what to tell you

Because those are literally the only two options.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a second chance, and the previous entrenched upper class has lost all of their advantages.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

There aren't dinosaurs anymore so that's one strike against modern society.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You can't wave to your cave neighbor and cave family before you get on the Turbodactyl to Uggsville to watch the Big International Brontosaurus Bout, in the modern times.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

There aren't dinosaurs anymore so that's one strike against modern society.

good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now I wish the magic light had also brought back the dinosaurs so we could see Senku go Dinoriders on Tsukasa's rear end