Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

Does Green Ronin still have some sort of working relationship with Suleiman? I don't get why you wouldn't drop his rear end as fast as possible at this point. Oh right, then that'd be them admitting some kind of serious fault.

Supposedly no, but they kept working with him well after they were informed about what he had done, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's often hard for people to accept that people they know, or like, or are friends with, have done something awful, and when all your employees are your buddies you may not have the intestinal fortitude to fire them (and accept you're also likely ending your friendship and possibly making an enemy). People behave irrationally and this is a good example.

I don't know for sure if that's the reason of course, but it fits with my own experiences.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Does Green Ronin still have some sort of working relationship with Suleiman? I don't get why you wouldn't drop his rear end as fast as possible at this point. Oh right, then that'd be them admitting some kind of serious fault.

Their last comment on it was that he was removed from the citadel project and they wouldn't work with him again. No timeline but better than frog God did, or paizo until I kept their feet to the fire on one of their multiple gently caress ups.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
In more evidence of how hosed up the RPG.net moderation rules are, you can't call people liars when they are factually liars.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Roadie posted:

In more evidence of how hosed up the RPG.net moderation rules are, you can't call people liars when they are factually liars.

:colbertfacepalmingfourtimes.gif:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Fermat is not a good mod.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Nuns with Guns posted:

Not to my knowledge.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

They did say they'd ceased working with him.

On the other hand, who fancies taking them at their word these days?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It blows my mind that people would set up false accusations against the One Shot people. Or at least, false in that one case. They're such nice people, I've met them and JPC has liked several of my Tweet responses to him, we're practically best friends.

I guess even a small actual play podcast can't escape the MAGA CHUDS.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It blows my mind that people would set up false accusations against the One Shot people. Or at least, false in that one case. They're such nice people, I've met them and JPC has liked several of my Tweet responses to him, we're practically best friends.

I guess even a small actual play podcast can't escape the MAGA CHUDS.

They're honestly medium large for a podcast lacking a celebrity or a McElroy. Big if you factor in the AP angle. Six times our size anyway dang it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea in the pretty small pond of actual play podcasts they're fairly big considering they have no voice actors/celebs/the crazy lightning in a bottle MBMBAM fandom adding juice

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

theironjef posted:

They're honestly medium large for a podcast lacking a celebrity or a McElroy. Big if you factor in the AP angle. Six times our size anyway dang it.

That's true. They had that gathering/party at GenCon and had to spill out into the actual restaurant instead of just the party room, as people kept filtering in.

I'm sure they've squared it away with a lawyer but I have to wonder how far they can take it using Star Wars; WotC doesn't care about TAZ using 5e as they get exposure but I don't know what Disney would think of it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does the Star Wars book licensing have a provision prohibiting commercial use?

E: doesn’t look like it!

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 16, 2018

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HillaryMonahan/status/974439081479491585

looks like we're not the only ones seeing that STOP policy as hosed up and bullshit

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I missed that part. What utter bullshit.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryMonahan/status/974439081479491585

looks like we're not the only ones seeing that STOP policy as hosed up and bullshit

"Hey could you please stop raping me?"
"No in fact i'm gonna rape you again!"
"Hang on I need to call in an impartial 3rd party arbitration team to determine if this is, in fact, rape."

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Warthur posted:

They did say they'd ceased working with him.

On the other hand, who fancies taking them at their word these days?

What basically owns about this post is that even though Green Ronin may have gotten rid of the rape-man, they can still be treated as if the rape-man is still present and/or actively being endorsed because we can’t trust anything they may say after loving up the first time. Unfucking themselves is unattainable, any attempt is always going to be in bad faith.

In retrospect the last paragraph comes off as kind of bitchy sounding, but I want to add that I actually do this sort of thing all the time, and I love it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Oh, gently caress off.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kurieg posted:

"Hey could you please stop raping me?"
"No in fact i'm gonna rape you again!"
"Hang on I need to call in an impartial 3rd party arbitration team to determine if this is, in fact, rape."

I love how this is like some kinda terrible Archer bit.

"Hey, hey Jerry, you see Mike's hand on my tit? Yea, ok cool could you take the fuckman form up to HR and sign as my witness that I confronted Mike about his behavior?"

"Yea this is a sane policy written with your safety in mind."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Bedlamdan posted:

What basically owns about this post is that even though Green Ronin may have gotten rid of the rape-man, they can still be treated as if the rape-man is still present and/or actively being endorsed because we can’t trust anything they may say after loving up the first time. Unfucking themselves is unattainable, any attempt is always going to be in bad faith.

In retrospect the last paragraph comes off as kind of bitchy sounding, but I want to add that I actually do this sort of thing all the time, and I love it.
It's kind of incredible how unaware you are that you're an evil piece of poo poo.

Serf
May 5, 2011

imagine trusting anything a corporation says

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

imagine trusting anything a corporation says

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Y-you monsters, it's almost like you just don't trust corporate PR at all!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Bedlamdan posted:

You're so loving dense that you might actually be responsible for the sinking of the Titanic. Your intense stupidity and small-minded evil pettiness could drag down a 50,000 ton ocean liner to the bottom of the sea. You loving imbecile. Shut the gently caress up.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Bedlamdan posted:

This is a terrible post.

We have now entered into a posting zone of recursive bad faith.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Comrade Gorbash posted:

It's kind of incredible how unaware you are that you're an evil piece of poo poo.

The Deleter posted:

You're so loving dense that you might actually be responsible for the sinking of the Titanic. Your intense stupidity and small-minded evil pettiness could drag down a 50,000 ton ocean liner to the bottom of the sea. You loving imbecile. Shut the gently caress up.

I’m not even saying you’re obliged to trust Green Ronin, fam. gently caress them, I have zero investment in them as a consumer, and them being hated is at least at least funny for me!

It’s just that, even if they do try to change things now or later on, I can still continue to poo poo on them for loving up in the first place. They mishandled Suleiman, and being honest, no truly good person would have hosed up like that in the first place.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

I’m not even saying you’re obliged to trust Green Ronin, fam. gently caress them, I have zero investment in them as a consumer, and them being hated is at least at least funny for me!

It’s just that, even if they do try to change things now or later on, I can still continue to poo poo on them for loving up in the first place. They mishandled Suleiman, and being honest, no truly good person would have hosed up like that in the first place.
What the gently caress are you even saying at this point?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Comrade Gorbash posted:

What the gently caress are you even saying at this point?

That Green Ronin won’t ever be able to salvage its reputation no matter what it might do, and that’s funny and cool, at least to me.

What are you projecting onto my statements?

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Bedlamdan posted:

The rich thing is, based on my reading of the STOP policy had they applied it to CAS they might not have had to get rid of him.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Warthur posted:

The rich thing is, based on my reading of the STOP policy had they applied it to CAS they might not have had to get rid of him.

And I don’t think that’s unintentional.

It seems fairly obvious from their handling of the situation that they don’t think they should have had to fire him.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
A more accurate acronym for their policy would have been PAUSE.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Bedlamdan posted:

That Green Ronin won’t ever be able to salvage its reputation no matter what it might do, and that’s funny and cool, at least to me.

What are you projecting onto my statements?
Hah hah! It is funny you see! I was only pretending to be a bad poster!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Hah hah! It is funny you see! I was only pretending to be a bad poster person!
Ftfy

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

A more accurate acronym for their policy would have been PAUSE.

Please Always Underestimate Sexual prEdators.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Powerless Against Uh Suleiman's Eyes

Having trouble with the U, I've tried looking at synonyms for smouldering and sexy and entrancing and all that but nothing's really grabbing me.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Uxorious.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
His eyes would be a lot less of a problem if they were more uxorious.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

Hah hah! It is funny you see! I was only pretending to be a bad poster!

I mean, I am a little surprised something like Mods Green Ronin Knew isn't a thing... yet!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Unstoppable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Unconscionable