Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
He could lose his seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He could lose his seat.

I thought the LNP had successfully lobbied the AEC to include a racist enclave from the seat next door in Potatoo Man's seat in the upcoming redistribution.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dear South Australians,

Don't gently caress up today's state election like the Tasmanians did.

Thanks

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
don't blame me, i voted xenophon :chloe:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Will SA be objectively worse than QLD?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Zenithe posted:

Will SA be objectively worse than QLD?

I was at the Gold Coast for three days and met two people who, without prompting, hung poo poo on Asians so they'd have to be going it some to beat QLD.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Starshark posted:

I was at the Gold Coast for three days and met two people who, without prompting, hung poo poo on Asians so they'd have to be going it some to beat QLD.

I would have thought Tasmania was better too, until they voted Liberal, unlike Best State™ QLD.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Come on, man, all four people that care about the South Australian state election are really sad about you forgetting that.

I didn't know that was this weekend lmao

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Even if SA does fuckup and elect a Lib government today, it has consistently not done so for the last 15 years so handing it worst state status over one fuckup seems a bit harsh.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Quick aside from election chat: The Press Council handed down its decision yesterday on a Sharri Markson hitpiece on the Bob Brown Foundation. Crikey reported that

quote:

Two stories in The Daily Telegraph attacking former Human Rights Commission president Gillian Triggs for speaking at a Bob Brown Foundation event have breached Australian Press Council standards. In an adjudication published today, the council found that the two articles, including an opinion piece by political reporter Sharri Markson, was misleading in implying the event was a Greens party fundraiser. Further, the Tele didn't publish a correction, did not offer Bob Brown (who made the complaint) an opportunity to respond to claims it published, and was not fair and balanced.

For its part, the Tele has defended its stories in an editorial today, saying it was "a hard decision to understand, to say the least". It warned the Press Council against being "captured by sectional interests in our community": "Like the media organisations it oversees, it must be held to the highest standards, and its determinations should not be subject to ridicule ...In this case, finding that Bob Brown, a man who is synonymous with the Greens cause, is not aligned to the Greens is simply absurd."

If you read the adjudication the Press Council say, of course, nothing of the sort, so a glorious irony there of the Tele bluntly making the charge Markson was trying to impute and accuse the PC of not pandering to its own sectional interests.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

You Am I posted:

Dear South Australians,

Don't gently caress up today's state election like the Tasmanians did.

Thanks

Odds aren't looking good tbh but hoping to be proven wrong!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/canberra/comments/84tzrh/is_the_internal_party_politics_of_the_liberal/

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Looks like Shorten has hosed up Batman by announcing a policy that would "hurt" all the rich inner city people. Bring in more asylum seekers to ride around my pho (gf) for $6 an hour though.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Voted in Batman. Rise up, Bernardi & liberty alliance all had candidates. I assumed Australian People's Party was right wing racists too but they seem kind of populist/left wing. The mood in Clifton Hill seems pretty pro Alex Bathal. My first election since going vego, was tough to go without the democrasausage

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

EoinCannon posted:

first election since going vego, was tough to go without the democrasausage

Why even vote tbqh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

EoinCannon posted:

Voted in Batman. Rise up, Bernardi & liberty alliance all had candidates. I assumed Australian People's Party was right wing racists too but they seem kind of populist/left wing. The mood in Clifton Hill seems pretty pro Alex Bathal. My first election since going vego, was tough to go without the democrasausage

Surely of all loving places Batman would have vegan sausage alternatives at the polling place

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Visidan posted:

don't blame me, i voted xenophon :chloe:

I'm totally blaming you.

Had a fun game of deciding who to put last, Xenophon's vanity party, Bernardi's vanity party or the Libs.

There was seriously something like 3 progressive parties vs 9 conservatives. I'm counting Labor as progressive since the state Labs seem more progressive than the feds.

Don't gently caress this up SA

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solemn Sloth posted:

Surely of all loving places Batman would have vegan sausage alternatives at the polling place

I know, I'm on the south side of the hipster proof fence too. Probably could have got onions in bread with sauce I guess.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

In completely uninteresting news the election/coronation of the newest WA state Liberal MP is underway in Cottesloe

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Everyone I've spoken to who lives out that way has said none were available at where they voted, I was a bit surprised tbh.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
power was out in my house for 4 hours today, bad omen :(

it was only my house tho, kettle was on the blink

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

Everyone I've spoken to who lives out that way has said none were available at where they voted, I was a bit surprised tbh.

I don't eat not dogs or other fake meats, but if you are getting that at an election sausage sizzle it's gonna cost more than $2.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/annikasmethurst/status/974844859763732481

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
drat you greens, will your sneaky tricks never cease

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Green is the colour of slime.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Was the mysterious robocall from medicare?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm totally blaming you.

Had a fun game of deciding who to put last, Xenophon's vanity party, Bernardi's vanity party or the Libs.

There was seriously something like 3 progressive parties vs 9 conservatives. I'm counting Labor as progressive since the state Labs seem more progressive than the feds.

Don't gently caress this up SA

I only had 5 candidates, put Green first, Liberal last, and Labor before SAB. Numbered all 43 boxes below the line, with Bernardi's lot last, Greens and the other progressives first.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I had to choose between putting the Arsetrayan Liberty Alldance and the CDP last in the 2016 federal election. Tough times.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Green victory in Batman
ALP victory in SA

Let's go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgXphD8NyY

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'd rather Kearney won Batman than some pencil pushing no name backing in new money.

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
Ged!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What does Bhathal do when she isn't contesting elections? This is a serious question I'm trying to find out. I did get this great answer from a greens party q and a though

10. What would you spend $20 billion on?

Restoring free education;

Increasing all income support payments above the poverty line;

Funding the transformations in our energy, transport and agriculture to move Australia to a zero carbon, zero pollution new economy.

:lol:

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Buying one submarine

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

JBP posted:

What does Bhathal do when she isn't contesting elections? This is a serious question I'm trying to find out. I did get this great answer from a greens party q and a though

10. What would you spend $20 billion on?

Restoring free education;

Increasing all income support payments above the poverty line;

Funding the transformations in our energy, transport and agriculture to move Australia to a zero carbon, zero pollution new economy.

:lol:

you asked a party what they would spend money on, and they responded with their key policy agenda. are you surprised?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The new train in Melbourne is gonna cost $11b if it's on cost (it won't be)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

KennyTheFish posted:

you asked a party what they would spend money on, and they responded with their key policy agenda. are you surprised?

Ok Kenny, here is $50 what are you going to buy?

A AIRPLANE VROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Sounds like a dumb question, OP

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

ITT greens voters revealing they have no financial literacy :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

On the other hand, if you asked a Labor member they’d just go into another rant about Turnbull.

• Locked thread