Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

very stable genius posted:

Here’s the thing. It’s fun to play lootgoblin and sneak around and try to pick people off while drinking beers or smoking something. I have potato aim and lovely reflexes but I’m not tryhard enough to want to fix it. I enjoy my play style as is because it’s laid back. I don’t enjoy hot dropping into pochinki and getting hosed by the rng or dying because of my lovely reflexes.

I mostly drop away from the action so I can actually loot a decent weapon in peace. Then I head towards other people. I almost never take potshots at people further than 100yards away because I suck at aiming. Instead I just sneak around and try to get position. Sometimes it works. Usually it doesn’t. But it’s fun for me either way. But in either case I’m probably laughing hysterically at some dumb situation I’ve gotten myself into.

Request name change to BushLord420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Did they change how long it takes to shoot after reloading?

It could just be me, but I've noticed more *click* action when trying to fire after the reload animation finishes the past few days.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Accretionist posted:

Did they change how long it takes to shoot after reloading?

It could just be me, but I've noticed more *click* action when trying to fire after the reload animation finishes the past few days.

I don't think they changed the reload time. Are you dumping the mag? It takes longer to reload if there isn't a round in the chamber.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Ooh, that's probably it. I've been dropping into crowded areas more lately.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

lmao if you play this game for fun

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Here’s the thing. It’s fun to play lootgoblin and sneak around and try to pick people off while drinking beers or smoking something. I have potato aim and lovely reflexes but I’m not tryhard enough to want to fix it. I enjoy my play style as is because it’s laid back. I don’t enjoy hot dropping into pochinki and getting hosed by the rng or dying because of my lovely reflexes.

I mostly drop away from the action so I can actually loot a decent weapon in peace. Then I head towards other people. I almost never take potshots at people further than 100yards away because I suck at aiming. Instead I just sneak around and try to get position. Sometimes it works. Usually it doesn’t. But it’s fun for me either way. But in either case I’m probably laughing hysterically at some dumb situation I’ve gotten myself into.

I tend to do this solo but am more aggressive in a squad. I like playing both games. The tension of knowing that everyone else around me is better at shooting and killing than I am but that I am the one still alive is pretty cool. Of course, the best I'd done solo is 2nd place in the two weeks I've played but I've yet to leave a game without sweating through my shirt.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

I feel the MMR system values standing way too much. I'm a pretty average solo player with KDR bouncing between 1.25-1.5, 150ish dmg, but I can top 10 at will if I want to play cautiously. I've been taking that approach with the new season and I'm at #700 NA. I only seem to see red ratings when I #yolo into Pecado and it goes sideways on me.

Yet if you put me in any medium to long range fight where I don't have the jump on the person, 90% of the time I'm dead. Sometimes I can barely tell where a shot is coming from. People will surprise snipe me and I almost fall out of my chair and reflexively let go of the mouse and can't shoot back right away. Pretty sure I've even stifled a little scream.

I think a good formula would scale with standing * dmg. You only get a substantial bump in MMR due to standing if you were a hands-on type of guy in the round. Then my 7/10 finishes with 0 kills would be pretty worthless as they should be.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

The only people who care about the ratings are the tryhards.

The only people getting mad about bushpeople are the tryhards who aren’t good enough to get an actual good rating and who aren’t smart enough to switch to being bushpeople because of ~pride~

Hope this helps.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

The only people who care about the ratings are the tryhards.

The only people getting mad about bushpeople are the tryhards who aren’t good enough to get an actual good rating and who aren’t smart enough to switch to being bushpeople because of ~pride~

Hope this helps.

Hi, I have good ratings and im allergic to bushes

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Favorite moment so far has been when I'm one of last few at pachinko base. I'm driving up and down the long strip of road south of it waiting for people to kill each other. Circle closes into the base so I drive up and down hoping to vehicularly mansluaghter my way to #1.

I see a guy prone in the foliage from a distant spot where he's pretty visible and drive straight towards him. First shot he takes kills me, but I was going fast enough for the momentum to ghost drive right over him before he could get up.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Salean posted:

lmao if you play this game for fun

I think everyone finds killing someone to be fun, but not everyone finds hiding in a bush to be fun. I'm confused who is the fun-haver and who is the try-hard in this situation.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think everyone finds killing someone to be fun, but not everyone finds hiding in a bush to be fun. I'm confused who is the fun-haver and who is the try-hard in this situation.

It has to do with being a scaredy cat and the joy of actually getting to kill someone as they walk into the otherwise deserted room you are camped in pays off with joy.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

VulgarandStupid posted:

This premise is incorrect. It’s not people-shooters versus bushpeople. It’s pochinki-droppers versus bushpeople. Bushpeople are people-shooters, just in a different way. They can both be fun. They can both be tryhards.

Sorry this is so hard for you to understand.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I just died in top 10 because a guy in my death recap drank a bunch of boosts, ran forward about 20 feet, immediately snapped to my position, behind a wall, ADS, and headshot me twice.

What a good game.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

This premise is incorrect. It’s not people-shooters versus bushpeople. It’s pochinki-droppers versus bushpeople. Bushpeople are people-shooters, just in a different way. They can both be fun. They can both be tryhards.

My way or the highway!!!!!!!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Seems to be less hackers now but everyone is also way better

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nah there's a middle ground. i tend to drop less trafficked areas where there might be one or two other people (or in duos a single other duo) so i can get a good gun and go hunting and not have to worry about the luck of where i landed. the worst games are where i drop and nobody else does, i get fully kitted out and then 20 minutes in i get sniped from a mile away. at least i get a couple kills if a few other people join me in some medium-loot area before getting headshotted.

plus killing other players saves you the work of looting.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think there is a middle ground of drop in to combat to try as hard to kill them all and drop in the middle of nowhere and try as hard to hide where nobody finds you. The closing zones and being able to drop where you want lets both of those groups do their thing while keeping the game from turning into a 6 hour stale mate of two snipers on opposite ends of the map.

Where I am having the most enjoyment are the games where my squad drops in a remote area, loot the area and then trade gear so everyone is good, then move in to the circles as they close engaging along the way. This usually leads to some good small skirmishes then a large one at the end.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Whoa I had no idea that this was a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPE2sgFk47s

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
It doesn't really matter how you play as long as you are having fun but I will always harbour resentment to that one guy every 5 games who sits in a house staring at the door for 20 minutes while I barge in to get murdered

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah those people suck rear end.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

abigserve posted:

It doesn't really matter how you play as long as you are having fun but I will always harbour resentment to that one guy every 5 games who sits in a house staring at the door for 20 minutes while I barge in to get murdered

The lols from blasting their face when they miss you is satisfying though. The camper play style doesn’t help build great aim or movement skills so this isn’t that uncommon

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Discord down?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I get a lot of enjoyment watching some creep by me plus it's an easy kill. People should hide in bushes more.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Playing this on my Moto G5+ now and I can see what all the fuss is about, even if I feel like the Expendable Sidekick and Mobile Inventory Cache on any squad I'm assigned to.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

abigserve posted:

i almost never have this happen in squads unless its some douche mongrel on my team that refuses to play with the rest of us because he totally knows how to win. in solo i stop going into houses after I have a gun because I died so many loving times to bathroom campers

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

delfin posted:

Playing this on my Moto G5+ now and I can see what all the fuss is about, even if I feel like the Expendable Sidekick and Mobile Inventory Cache on any squad I'm assigned to.

is it still mostly chinese people who are hilariously terrible at the game

e: like, I'm totally worthless at PC PUBG (have never once gotten a chicken dinner, usually place around 40-50ish) but i got the easiest chicken dinner humanly possible with like 12 kills on mobile PUBG on like my second solo match while literally not even understanding large chunks of the interface

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

abigserve posted:

I'm very paranoid about these and I always expect there to be someone behind every door though sometimes people still surprise me.

I think the only people that get me are the people who are not seen by you or anyone, are camping a house in the blue, and they have the freedom to get out of it late, maybe even kill you and others by catching you by surprise, maybe even win, yet they decide to stay inside the house during a late blue circle and sacrifice themselves just so they can kill someone.

Also bonus points if the person can't aim at all and the shooting stops and you read that someone just died outside the playzone.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Veritek83 posted:

suggestion: turn on in game voice and actually scream like a loving lunatic

Old Binsby posted:

soundboard the swelling scream of the suicide bomber from serious sam in

alright, so, i figured out how to do this and here's a step by step guide because holy poo poo it's loving hilarious

STEP 1: download Virtual Audio Cable and install it

STEP 2: go in VLC (other media players may work if they let you pick the output device and take youtube videos), click the Audio dropdown, set Audio Device to your Virtual Audio Cable input

STEP 3: go to your recording devices in Windows and set VAC's output as your default mic

STEP 4: in VLC, go to file -> open network stream, paste this in, set to repeat

STEP 5: set your mic in PUBG to "Always" instead of "Push to Talk"

congratulations you are now among the Noisy Boys

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Finally got winner winner chicken dinner and boy is it tense 1 v 1 in a tiny circle both prone in grass

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Elentor posted:

I'm very paranoid about these and I always expect there to be someone behind every door though sometimes people still surprise me.

I think the only people that get me are the people who are not seen by you or anyone, are camping a house in the blue, and they have the freedom to get out of it late, maybe even kill you and others by catching you by surprise, maybe even win, yet they decide to stay inside the house during a late blue circle and sacrifice themselves just so they can kill someone.

Also bonus points if the person can't aim at all and the shooting stops and you read that someone just died outside the playzone.

oh boy yeah these are the loving worst.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

I am so terrible at this game. 50 hours played and just one chicken dinner with the two mates I play the most with. I think I have about 50-60% top 10 in solo but no wins. Best ranking was 4th with 6 kills, but lately I've just been dying again and again. So much so that I just ended up hiding on the beach in the last few zones last night and died the second I started running about. I think my problem is both that I'm bad at spotting other players when solo as well as that usually lose skirmishes if the distance is more than 100 meters. if I was stood on the beach with a Kar98 I'd have trouble hitting the water, I've basically never hit anyone with that thing. UMP and shotgun is my jam, but since late game is usually in the open that does me no good. Am I doing something wrong in using ironsights? What is ADS?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

aim-down-sights. it's when you bring up iron sights or whatever scope/attachment you have.

i've found the hardest thing to get used to is how bad recoil is in this game. in other shooters you don't have to pull down much to keep your aim steady. once i realized how far i had to pull my aim got a lot better (after i saw a streamer who had mouse on cam autoing a bunch of dudes with the m4).

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Bluehole posted:

Improved an issue where three-wheeled motorbikes would suddenly flip whenever the server performance deteriorated

Improved, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rtA_GAD8JE

It was probably stupid of me to keep on driving here, but I didn't see him soon enough, and in hindsight it worked out OK because he was apparently a potato. But why oh why must it be so hard to exit a vehicle in this game...

I would not even have used the trike but the circle was extremely far so it would be coming in at great speed, so legging it was not an option.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 17, 2018

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

is it still mostly chinese people who are hilariously terrible at the game

e: like, I'm totally worthless at PC PUBG (have never once gotten a chicken dinner, usually place around 40-50ish) but i got the easiest chicken dinner humanly possible with like 12 kills on mobile PUBG on like my second solo match while literally not even understanding large chunks of the interface

On mobile initially you're put in a server with mostly bots and just a few humans. As you play more and "get better" the ratio shifts towards mostly humans.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I'm such a potato.

I had a great game going with three of us in a squad (dropped into town with another squad and lost a dude). Got lucky with two drops on our heads so we were all level three kitted and I had my first real sniper rifle and we got stuck in a house against three other dudes and none of us could kill them so we all died. I feel like I had a ton of great shots but couldn't pull the trigger at the right time. I guess I shouldn't expect much after two weeks playing but I figure the years of playing FPS would have served me better.

I'm not sure how to get better at rifles I rarely see/use because they are crate drops.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I'm not sure how to get better at rifles I rarely see/use because they are crate drops.

I really, really wish we had some practice mode of some sort, but the devs clearly don't think it's as high of a priority as I do.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
the awm and m24 aren't that different to the k98, and recoil handling for all the other guns is just playing more. the m416 changes recoil more fully kitted/bare than the difference between it an an aug.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

alright, so, i figured out how to do this and here's a step by step guide because holy poo poo it's loving hilarious

STEP 1: download Virtual Audio Cable and install it

STEP 2: go in VLC (other media players may work if they let you pick the output device and take youtube videos), click the Audio dropdown, set Audio Device to your Virtual Audio Cable input

STEP 3: go to your recording devices in Windows and set VAC's output as your default mic

STEP 4: in VLC, go to file -> open network stream, paste this in, set to repeat

STEP 5: set your mic in PUBG to "Always" instead of "Push to Talk"

congratulations you are now among the Noisy Boys

owns, hope I never run into you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

underage at the vape shop posted:

the awm and m24 aren't that different to the k98, and recoil handling for all the other guns is just playing more. the m416 changes recoil more fully kitted/bare than the difference between it an an aug.

Yeah, I didn't even know what the M24 was, though. By the second drop I already had great gear and the other two people had sniper rifles. They convinced me to pick it up but of course by that point of the game you can't really just take potshots because you will attract attention so I wasn't even sure how it handled. I made a mistake and kept the other 8x scope on my AR so I had two really zoomed in rifles and couldn't figure out what to do in the heat of the moment.

Definitely think a practice range would be nice. Likewise, I'd love to be able to follow people around after I die to see how the match ends -- I haven't figured out how to do it. Is it even possible?