Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I love the continuity that you have constructed from the games. Absolutely wonderful. :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I did some tallying up again and I just compiled the winners and losers here for convenience. Turns out i'd lost track and that was Season 19 I just ran, not 18. The upcoming one is Season 20.

The record for Most Violent Tribute currently remains Antifa Punisher from Season 5, with 8 kills.
The record for Single Deadliest Day remains 26 deaths in one cycle from Season 6.

The resistance's current membership is as follows:
Remy
Dwight Schrute
Fester Addams
Pinky
The Brain
Penguin Chiyo
Phoebe Buffet
Russell Westbrook
Louis XIII of France
Ainsley Harriott
Knuckles the Echidna
Doom Guy
Mr. Bones
Jethro Bodine

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And against them are arried the entire Q continuum spearheaded by Tim Curry in every incarnation.
I'm sure they will do just fine.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

And against them are arrayed the entire Q continuum spearheaded by Tim Curry in every incarnation.
I'm sure they will do just fine.

His movie appearances are just the tip of the iceberg. He has a huge number of credits - prolific voice-over work alone. Amazing career.

Those brave 14 - not quite enough for their own hunger game, yet... :unsmigghh:

Soon, my pretties. Soon.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I Said No posted:

I did some tallying up again and I just compiled the winners and losers here for convenience. Turns out i'd lost track and that was Season 19 I just ran, not 18. The upcoming one is Season 20.

The record for Most Violent Tribute currently remains Antifa Punisher from Season 5, with 8 kills.
The record for Single Deadliest Day remains 26 deaths in one cycle from Season 6.

The resistance's current membership is as follows:
Remy
Dwight Schrute
Fester Addams
Pinky
The Brain
Penguin Chiyo
Phoebe Buffet
Russell Westbrook
Louis XIII of France
Ainsley Harriott
Knuckles the Echidna
Doom Guy
Mr. Bones
Jethro Bodine

This is a hilarious group. Love it.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

I loved that resistance kidnapping event I can't wait to see what's next

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You just know Jethro, Phoebe, and Pinky are going to save everyone.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Will we ever see the return of previous winners, such as Shocker (still the most incredible and unsettling win of all time), Frank Reich, Big Smoke (did he die when the ship sank?!) et al.?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Big Smoke (did he die when the ship sank?!)

Considering the controllers of the games are capable of bringing back ancient historical figures from the dead or conjuring fictional entities to do battle, I don't think it's a stretch for Big Smoke to come back despite his unfortunate run-in with Mr. Bones.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
TIME: 2366 AD. PLACE: USS Enterprise, edge of the Beta Quadrant. Inside the Captain's Ready Room.

Captain's Log. Stardate 43941.1. The Enterprise has concluded a conference near Betazed, and retrieved our kidnapped ship's counselor and her mother, the Betazoid ambassador, from a particularly misogynistic Ferengi. We are currently charting an unexplored star system within the Zeta Gelis cluster. This routine assignment has made for a refreshingly quiet time aboard the Enterprise.

Bonjour Mon Capitan!
What is it you want, Q? I don't have time for your games.
Just a small, small favor to ask, oh buddy of mine.
What could you possibly want from me? Last we saw you had only provisionally reaquired your omnipotence, and we helped get that back for you.
Weeeeeeeeeeeell, ya see, awhile back the continuum started this arena combat simulation thing, mostly for our own amusement but also to study how humans and other organisms act under duress. It's been running for awhile, but the Q tasked with running it has messed up too many times, so as part of my rehabilitation I'm been tasked with salvaging this experiment. I just need the use of your ship to conduct our bloodsports, and I thought it would be fun to throw you and the rest of your senior staff into the games. No biggie, right?
Absolutely not! There are hundreds of people on board, I can't have some gladiatorial mess endangering them!
Oh, don't worry, I'll be send everyone else on board away someplace safe for the duration. It isn't like I need your permission, anyway!

(note, it should be season 20)

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Hello, all! Welcome to the HUNGER GAMES! I'm not sure why we call it that, but whatever! The Q have gathered you all here, to the cargo bay of the Enterprise, from all corners of the multiverse, to fight until only one is left standing! None of you better be members of the resistance, LOL! And yes, I did just say "LOL!" lol

Pssst, hey, Timmy, what do you think so far?
They're milling around and arguing about time travel. The nudity is nice I guess but I'm unimpressed.
I'm bear. I'm naked!
I have a seeeeeecret.
What!? Are you hiding something from me?
Indeed!
I should have known. First we have to go hang out with your nerd friends, now you're messing with my mind.
I'll tell you this much...one of your tributes is affiliated with the resistance! Exactly who, can't say!
Impossible! I carefully screened them all!
Well, you let one through!
oooooooh, I bet it's that robot detective man! I'm always a little wary bringing heroes along. I'm sure of it.
I'll fix him good!

So, you're sure you took care of the spy?
Of course...
100%?
75?
I'm bear. What's a time travel?
...25% sure?
Ok. Not sure at all. drat. I'll have to be watching them all closely...
I like fish.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Go go gadget sunscreen!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wow, seems like the resistance is getting a whole bunch of new members...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

That is a clever way to handle an event...

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Worf being very in-character right off the bat, I see.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Aw, Captain! Glad you and Tupac took out the most threatening of all tributes, Amanda Palmer?
Was she the spy?
Almost certainly not, but she does play a mean ukulele! Or did, rather.
I'm bear. I love Buer art!
ARE there any bathrooms on the ship? Also, you misspelled ridiculous.
I think there might be one in Cetacean ops. And me? Misspell something? How ridicules.
Fart.

Polly Toodle fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 18, 2018

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Looks like he's going for a minimum detection rating :mamacita:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Eating human flesh is one of the least disgusting things Beria has done.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Worf hasn't acted any differently so far.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Supersonic Shine posted:

Eating human flesh is one of the least disgusting things Beria has done.

Yup.
Worf making some noise but then just getting drunk is also in character.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

How do you let a cheeseburger get away?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Leos Klein posted:

How do you let a cheeseburger get away?

Mumm-Ra is basically a gigantic loving loser.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh FFS stop dying my tributes you're shaming me before the rest of the continuum

At least the Leper is behaving in character and drinking away his problems.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 19, 2018

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Did I mention that the ships's engines and communication systems are disabled? No tributes escaping under my watch, lol. Wink wink nudge.
Are you trying to irritate me? Look, out of the hundreds of tributes I've managed in TWENTY games so far, I've let what, a dozen slip through the cracks?
Fourteen, and if I hadn't shown up when I did, they'd have liberated this entire season's worth of tributes with an attack on that satellite of yours.
Impossible!
Impossibear!

That's right Nick, you crapped on the floor, now you clean it up! And Wesley, you help because, you know, Wesley. And Andras, really? Firing into the air? You seeing ghosts, demon bro?
Hey! The Shredder escaped! See, see! It just happens!
If you call "being sent back to the dawn of time and having your atoms spread throughout the universe" escaped, than I GUESS HE ESCAPED LOL!
Please, please stop saying "lol" in a way that rhymes with "mole", IT IS NOT A WORD!
but i like double double

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

This was not part of the plan :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R8LhMV3eSw

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hell yeah, Shredder went back in time. Maybe to feudal Japan?

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Ah, no! Jean-Luc, Riker, AND Data gone!? I was so hoping Picard would somehow triumph and join us in our little commentary pocket dimension. Hey, wait, I know!

What the devil is going on, Q? I demand you stop this at once!
I liked the old bear better, and if you just put his spirit into the bear that's kind of like an escape, isn't it?
Metta World Peace is a monster! You must do something to contain him before he kills again!
Ok, fine. Sorry, Jean-Luc, but I GUESS if I bring you on this way it's kind of like escaping, and if there's one thing I have to prove to Timmy here, it's that running an escape free season is easy! Even with a traitor on board, courtesy of Timmy's poor judgement!

hee hee look at the sammich run hee hee nobody catch sandwich (fart)
That's our bear!
Jean-Luc was right, though. Metta World peace already has 5 kills to his name and it's only day 2! If he keeps this up he could clinch the record! There's at least one tribute who probably isn't a spy.
Wait. That's exactly how a spy would act! Put on a good show of murder so he won't be suspected....hmmm
Dude, calm down, I'm sure you'll figure out the spy sooner or later.
And then...to the sun! Ha ha ha.
heehee dublegun dude playing with the colorful chewtoys hee hee

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I like how Celebrimbor is too busy trying to learn how the ship works rather than hunt other people down.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Calling it now it's the Bear who is the traitor

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What kind of hack writer decided to make the guy named World Peace a cold-blooded killer?

Also, Data and Picard were better off allying with a guy whose strategies weren't thousands of years out of date.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Metta World Peace is just playing his role.
https://youtu.be/scqitXx-bkE

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

TIME: PRESENT DAY. LOCATION: SITUATION ROOM, THE WHITEHOUSE

Are you sure?
(speaking via video link, floating inside empty satellite room) Completely empty, sir! Doomguy and I have swept the station clean, there's no sign of any tributes, or of Tim Qurry!
(floats into view of the camera, nods head)
Very troubling...
President Garfield, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
There's no way Tim Qurry has ceased the games. Is it possible...he's taken them off planet entirely?
Exactly what I was thinking sir...ha ha, I'm not used to someone actually pondering what I'm pondering.
But Brain, how are going to GET the goat into the racecar? Narf.
Quiet, Pinky, but stay close. We need your Fool's Luck Aura to continue masking our activities.
(rushes in, carrying phone)
What is it, Secretary Mister Bones?
Sir, I just got off the phone with Fester Addams. The Addam's Family has just completed a locating ritual to track down the location of the games and come up with nothing. If the games are still being held, they aren't being held in this plane of existence.
Where could they have gone?
I'll get the FBI and CIA on it...and start calling our allies in other nations as well, he must have left some clue as to where he went...
I'm so glad you're President Mr. Garfield! Can you imagine what would be happening if that orange guy were still here? TROZ

TO BE CONTINUED

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Andras just going ham with a tommygun on absolutely nobody got a good laugh out of me.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Wesley has been 100% in character so far.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

This is my favorite event in a while. A secret friendship? A begrudging respect?

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Oooo, what were Wesley and Shockwave up to in the bedroom together?
Well, knowing Wesley as I do, he probably just wanted to get a look at that Transformer's internal components. If you know what I mean.
You unsexify everything.
It's a gift.
hee hee mole people dancing funny
Where did Debbie Gibson learn to program a holodeck?
Program? All she did was load file "RIKER03.XXX."
I want to see the other programs now...

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Alwight, to infinity and beyond!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Two on one? Favorable odds :ocelot:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

No idea why my two living Tributes and a friend(?) of my dead Tribute want to kill Worf. I mean, Monokuma's not too tough to figure out, but the other two, I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Hey Al, welcome to "TOOL" TIME!
Hee hee hee snort noooodoooody gonna catch the saaaaaaaaaamich, hee hee dat saaaaaaaamich tooo fast
Holodecks truely are a wonderful human invention.
Did Geordi La Forge just kill Rambo in hand to hand combat!?
Never underestimate nerd rage.