Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

They could, and will, but having a memo makes it that much harder for them to be taken seriously.

Gotcha. Sorry, it's hard to get used to things having the potential to matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god drat he is bad at this.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/975062797162811394

jesus christ.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god drat he is bad at this.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/975062797162811394

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
efb

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Memory aside, testimony can just sound like sour grapes from someone who got fired. Memos date back to when there was some form of working relationship.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Firing someone because you disagree with their wife's political beliefs sounds like it should be illegal.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Have a good time!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
FBI memos are absolutely allowable in court as evidence/testimony right?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/974992723336925184

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Ague Proof posted:

Who knew being petty could come back to bite you in the rear end.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Attacking your own Justice Department and Intelligence apparatus while you're under investigation for possible treason is an excellent idea and I see no way this can go wrong! :shepface:

On a related note, Hannity and Fox have started trying to get Trump to pardon Flynn, as now they are talking about how some warrant was a problem somehow, ala the Nunes memo and Carter Page.

Just make Hannity Communications Director Donald; no one would be remotely surprised.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

Memory aside, testimony can just sound like sour grapes from someone who got fired. Memos date back to when there was some form of working relationship.

In past jobs, whenever I've had to talk to HR about a problem with a manager or supervisor that I reported directly to, the first bit of advice I always got was "document everything". Complaints are, by and large, generally taken much more seriously when you can present a timeline in black and white, showing consistent actions or patterns of behavior, plus you avoid rambling or forgetting things.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Comey/status/975065073575219200

Lordy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

his book is coming out in a few weeks.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Get the gently caress in.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Crow Jane posted:

Get the gently caress in.

My body is ready.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dapper_Swindler posted:

his book is coming out in a few weeks.

No one buy it.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

His book comes out in a month, and it's release will apparently be accompanied by a prime time ABC special

They should move up the release date imo

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Any chance Team Trump will try to block the release of Comey's book?

Just kidding, they will absolutely try it

bogoodski
Feb 17, 2018
If I could post images, this is when I'd post that "My penis can only get so erect" Archer meme, and it'd be totally appropriate.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He still hasn't realized his tweets are admissible as evidence in court, even after the Immigration ban nonsense.

McCabe gonna get his pension lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

This is the part of the movie that my roommates are watching where poo poo is getting complicated and stressful so I go to my room and play video games and come back out for the final scenes to see what happens in the end.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TulliusCicero posted:

He still hasn't realized his tweets are admissible as evidence in court, even after the Immigration ban nonsense.

McCabe gonna get his pension lol.

Upcoming Chuck Tingle title: Domald Tromp Pounded In The Butt by His Irrational Insistence on Tweeting Incriminating Material

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

What the gently caress is he even trying to say here?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

showbiz_liz posted:

I guess that's the thing - seems like anyone who didn't feel like believing the guy could just say "well obviously this is all made up" about a memo just as easily as they could say it about verbal testimony.
Right, but if they have some way of showing when they were created, then instead of having them all be made up after the fact as a form of retribution, you're having to assert that the person with the memos was conspiring the entire time. Which some people will believe, but not most people.

Its not like he's presenting a memo that he wrote today describing what happened three months ago. He's presenting memos that he wrote months ago, so either he was engaged in a months/years-long conspiracy to have fake memos written about his interaction with people, or he was actually documenting what happened.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 17, 2018

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

If he had just not taken up the conspiracy poo poo about McCabe's wife's campaign being a way for Hillary to undermine him they might have had a chance at making the firing stick.

But nope! Pretty clear at this point that he totally believes that sort of thing and 100% bought into the "deep state run by Hillary and Obama" bullshit.

Caros
May 14, 2008

sean10mm posted:

I don't know what he's trying to say, but what he is effectively saying is that the firing of McCabe had more to do with animosity from the president than any civil procedure, meaning that McCabe has a great case when it goes to litigation. Because trump is a loving moron.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bogoodski posted:

If I could post images, this is when I'd post that "My penis can only get so erect" Archer meme, and it'd be totally appropriate.

Got you coverred:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

sean10mm posted:

He is line for line regurgitating what Hannity has been on about by the "Deep state" for months, down to Mccabe's wife giving a candidate money as a high crime.

His brain is mush, but if you ever want to parse what he says just look up what Hannity or Fox and Friends said the day before.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

ME STRONG AND FAILURE-PROOF. hth

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

sean10mm posted:

He is saying that McCabe's lawyer should immediately hit the print screen button.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

If he had just not taken up the conspiracy poo poo about McCabe's wife's campaign being a way for Hillary to undermine him they might have had a chance at making the firing stick.

But nope! Pretty clear at this point that he totally believes that sort of thing and 100% bought into the "deep state run by Hillary and Obama" bullshit.

so i guess my question is. why doesnt he just say "gently caress it" and try to have clinton/obama/comey/etc investigated or arrested. he is petty/lovely enough to do it.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sean10mm posted:

That McCabe was fired because of A) being corruptly bought off by Hillary via a friend of Hillary donating to his wife's campaign, B) lying, and C) leaking.

B and C are the official Justice Department reasons for the dismissal - McCabe allegedly authorized a leak and then wasn't truthful about it to internal investigators. A is a gift to McCabe's lawyer.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I think he also expected widespread praise for the firing, and is Very Mad that he didn't get it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

showbiz_liz posted:

I guess that's the thing - seems like anyone who didn't feel like believing the guy could just say "well obviously this is all made up" about a memo just as easily as they could say it about verbal testimony.

The big difference is that it's one thing to say "Trump said X a year ago" and it's another thing to have proof that a year ago you said "Trump said X". It's not proof Trump said it but it's proof you didn't just make it up in retaliation. People on the right will still say he's making it up but now they're accusing him of planning it all out far in advance and that's a tougher sell.

But you're never trying to sell the people who don't want to be sold. They'll always find an excuse. I just had Fox News and they were basically unable to even deny that Trump's tweets proved McCabes firing was political but they were just arguing that that could be true AND Sessions could have had a legitimate reason to fire him. That sort of mental gymnastics will always be taken with the people who want to.

bogoodski
Feb 17, 2018

Zil posted:

Got you coverred:

:hfive:

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Can someone explain to me what's going on with how Mike Pence has been indignantly walking out of each individual page of this thread?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/975070883940356096?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol. here comes saturday night massacare.

• Locked thread