Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I'm looking for a webcomic. It's about capitalism being a giant robot that is stepping on houses and a dad is explaining to his son why everyone allows it to rampage. When it falls on a mall he tells his son to get his college fund so they can go help it back up.

its the free market :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Krankenstyle posted:

its the free market :eng101:

Thanks! maybe that's why I couldn't find it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I think someone was looking for this?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

I'm looking for the video of the idiot who lights himself up with a campfire, then runs off flaming into the woods.

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003
I'm trying to find a webcomic that I think was drawn by some goon: someone asking another what they want to eat and the other person just says "what do you want" right back, queue original asker pulling a mean stink-face.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Lord Sexatron posted:

I'm trying to find a webcomic that I think was drawn by some goon: someone asking another what they want to eat and the other person just says "what do you want" right back, queue original asker pulling a mean stink-face.

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003

Good looking out!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Looking for the comic where a guy on a plane says of his book “guess I don’t need to turn mine off!” and the comic progresses through the phrases smug motherfucker, so content, gently caress you.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sanford posted:

Looking for the comic where a guy on a plane says of his book “guess I don’t need to turn mine off!” and the comic progresses through the phrases smug motherfucker, so content, gently caress you.

Google image search sucks now so you only get the first panel.

Searched for "guess i dont have to turn mine off comic"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cage posted:

Google image search sucks now so you only get the first panel.

Searched for "guess i dont have to turn mine off comic"

That was enough for a reverse image search:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Excellent, thanks both. Guess what my co-worker said when we were on a plane this evening!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Sanford posted:

Excellent, thanks both. Guess what my co-worker said when we were on a plane this evening!

gently caress you?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sanford posted:

"Don't look at me for then next five minutes. I'm joining the mile high club."

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Resurrecting this ancient thread to ask: Does anyone have a picture called something like "underground neon cat racing" ?

It features a bunch of neonpunk teenagers squatting in a back alley, with sunglasses or shuttershades and heavily modified cats.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I'm looking for a pic I saw circulate around Facebook and Tumblr circa Trump's election.

It was two images stacked on top of one another, the top a promotional photo of the Star Wars cast, with something like "We have to end this tyranny" or "It's time to put a stop to the Empire" imposed over it, and the bottom reading "So let's all join the Empire and work to change it from the inside!" with a picture of a bunch of imperial guys working at computers.

That's the rough description, but all of my googling yielded no results, so perhaps y'all will have better luck.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Resurrecting this ancient thread to ask: Does anyone have a picture called something like "underground neon cat racing" ?

It features a bunch of neonpunk teenagers squatting in a back alley, with sunglasses or shuttershades and heavily modified cats.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

http://timesplitters-world.de/downloads,artworks,timesplitters_4,92.html?s=30

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Yes! Thank you!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Somewhere there is a picture of a Citroen SM parked out the front of like a 70s futurist/brutalist 3 story house. It’s like peak architect. I want this picture.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

slothrop posted:

Somewhere there is a picture of a Citroen SM parked out the front of like a 70s futurist/brutalist 3 story house. It’s like peak architect. I want this picture.

One of those two? The second one isn't as Brutalist but I thought it might be what you were after.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The future is nowback then.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

One of those two? The second one isn't as Brutalist but I thought it might be what you were after.

The second one is the one I remembered but they are both goddam amazing. Thanks!!!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

slothrop posted:

The second one is the one I remembered but they are both goddam amazing. Thanks!!!

If you're interested, here's the house itself in more detail. I love it. https://www.archdaily.com/1429/house-for-architects-and-artists-afgh/

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If you're interested, here's the house itself in more detail. I love it. https://www.archdaily.com/1429/house-for-architects-and-artists-afgh/

Oh and a glorious Alfa and a fun Volvo too!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

slothrop posted:

Yeah, those made me smile. The house with the rad cars.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

slothrop posted:

What model is that Volvo?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

aricoarena posted:

What model is that Volvo?

Voldsom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhsBU-qyqDE

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Okay, so there's an image that was posted in one of the old rear end PYF Funny Pictures threads that I've been trying to track down for a while now. It was a bathroom with like three signs begging people not to throw poo poo napkins in the trash bin, with increasingly large font each time. Someone's got to have this saved if I saw it here.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i think i know which one youre talking about, like "dont flush poopy paper; instead put it in the waste basket so it can smell up the joint (which is fair i guess, if the other option is loving up the plumbing)?

anyway i tried googling and just got a bunch of ~calligraphic~ "wash your hands" posters :/

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Krankenstyle posted:

"dont flush poopy paper; instead put it in the waste basket so it can smell up the joint (which is fair i guess, if the other option is loving up the plumbing)?

It's like this in Curacao, where I end up working quite often. It's gross.

On that same note, my new flat in Frankfurt has a poop shelf and holy god that is foul. I mean the obvious grossness is that you have to come eye to eye with your poo poo before you flush it, but the part I didn't anticipate is how much worse the smell is. It's like "here, smell every molecule of the evil you just shat out". Just uuuuggggghhhh.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao trig you just got hella owned by the german plumbers union

but seriously i dont get it either. i live right next door and i never saw a poop shelf until i visited germania

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Krankenstyle posted:

lmao trig you just got hella owned by the german plumbers union

Oh you have no idea. My flat is great in many ways, but it's like a loving museum of horrible plumbing choices. Toilet with a poop shelf, sure. But there are also separate on-demand heaters for the shower and both sinks, all of which need to be started a good five or ten minutes before you need any hot water. And the kitchen water heater is one you have to fill manually, plus the water here is crazy hard so it's all full of mineral deposits. It is highly tempting to find a way to break it just so the landlord will have to replace it.

e: I actually made a quick video of it so you can see how ridiculous it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64SBD1AjF3s

Obviously I didn't give it time to heat up here, though; that would take a couple of minutes.

Trig Discipline has a new favorite as of 12:28 on May 19, 2018

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Trig Discipline posted:

It's like this in Curacao, where I end up working quite often. It's gross.

On that same note, my new flat in Frankfurt has a poop shelf and holy god that is foul. I mean the obvious grossness is that you have to come eye to eye with your poo poo before you flush it, but the part I didn't anticipate is how much worse the smell is. It's like "here, smell every molecule of the evil you just shat out". Just uuuuggggghhhh.

German toilet design. I had a whole line of nicknames. Poop plateau. Turd terrace. poo poo shelf. White cliffs of doo doo dover. Still dont get the idea behind that design.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

torgeaux posted:

German toilet design. I had a whole line of nicknames. Poop plateau. Turd terrace. poo poo shelf. White cliffs of doo doo dover. Still dont get the idea behind that design.

Just A.C. Slater that shitter. Log drops right into the water.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Holy poo poo I was just in vienna and the hotel there also had the poop inspection shelf toilets.

God the entire hotel room just stank after every poo poo, I do not understand why that design exists and is used.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh you have no idea. My flat is great in many ways, but it's like a loving museum of horrible plumbing choices. Toilet with a poop shelf, sure. But there are also separate on-demand heaters for the shower and both sinks, all of which need to be started a good five or ten minutes before you need any hot water. And the kitchen water heater is one you have to fill manually, plus the water here is crazy hard so it's all full of mineral deposits. It is highly tempting to find a way to break it just so the landlord will have to replace it.

e: I actually made a quick video of it so you can see how ridiculous it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64SBD1AjF3s

Obviously I didn't give it time to heat up here, though; that would take a couple of minutes.

my god do you shower in one liter of coffee-water

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Krankenstyle posted:

my god do you shower in one liter of coffee-water

The one in the shower is considerably less decrepit and weird, while still being utter crap. It’s useable anyway.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I'm trying to find a single panel cartoon of a lady looking out the window of a house, kinda has an annoyed face, and on the roof of the house are some pants. I think theres a moon and stars in the background?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
A week ago, maybe more, I saw a thing on I think Imgur, that was a series of tweets (that may or may not link to the actual twitter account)

Account holder was a woman and she explained, in great detail, the steps and policies with regard to all this immigrant child separation. This would have been around the time this first came up when it was claimed the current administration "lost" 20k children or something.

I believe she somehow worked within this sector, either for the feds or as a lawyer for immigrant rights.

It's a hot-button issue right now but she was very level-headed and put things into context without picking sides, laying blame, etc and was very informational.

Any clue?

(this is all very rambling, sorry)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Would it be possible to avatar-ize this (minus the outdated "Are You Ready? May 17" part)?

I'm gonna go full cheerleading gimmick this year in the CoD thread, instead of being a jaded cynical gently caress like I normally do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mister Facetious posted:

Would it be possible to avatar-ize this (minus the outdated "Are You Ready? May 17" part)?

I'm gonna go full cheerleading gimmick this year in the CoD thread, instead of being a jaded cynical gently caress like I normally do.

Something like this?

By the way this site is super handy for this kind of thing: https://ezgif.com/
If an idiot like me can figure it out then anyone can!