Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
after years of dedication to my craft i transcended the old probation/ban system and became a being of pure energy that can only be stopped by the most powerful weapon available to the admin team. in fact if i stopped threatening to kill the president they'd probably stop banning me, but unfortunately that was the mission i was put on the green earth to carry out and i won't let it be stifled by a gaggle of unpaid computer men

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
is there even a secret service left to harass lowtax about idle forum threats

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
if the secret service wants to harass someone i want them to come straight to me, and i'll tell them the truth which is that i couldn't stop even if i wanted to because my body is host to several angry jewish ghosts who can't rest until their unfinished business is fulfilled

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

a man of vision posted:

if the secret service wants to harass someone i want them to come straight to me, and i'll tell them the truth which is that i couldn't stop even if i wanted to because my body is host to several angry jewish ghosts who can't rest until their unfinished business is fulfilled

Gotta get back to Self-Auditing, that's the only way you'll get rid of those Body Thetans.

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
it's not an easy life, but it's my life

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I saw a documentary on prison the other day and they were discussing some nobody prison who had just arrived and they said as soon as he showed up the secret service was there to talk because the dude had sent letters to the white house saying he was gonna kill Obama when he got out. Now think of how many random rear end people do poo poo like that every day just in our country of 300 some million. I'm sure they have to triage this stuff quite a bit.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Dude you can't send letters else you give the postal feds something to do.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

I saw a documentary on prison the other day and they were discussing some nobody prison who had just arrived and they said as soon as he showed up the secret service was there to talk because the dude had sent letters to the white house saying he was gonna kill Obama when he got out. Now think of how many random rear end people do poo poo like that every day just in our country of 300 some million. I'm sure they have to triage this stuff quite a bit.

once again proving emailing and calling your elected officials is a waste of time. if you want to be heard, gotta put pen to paper

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
the best way to get your death threats heard is to incorporate them into a hit song

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
omg vanya is being an absolute cat today, i've let him inside/outside like fifteen times since he got out of bed

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
he sits at the door and gazes with eyes that cannot be ignored because they open straight into the endless starry void of space

demented little old meadow spirit

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

a man of vision posted:

he sits at the door and gazes with eyes that cannot be ignored because they open straight into the endless starry void of space

demented little old meadow spirit

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I think permabans are silly but you are an exceptionally lovely poster

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
he's happy now because i'm washing the dishes and he's helping (watching)

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

mooyashi posted:

who pissed in your cheerios

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

er, what’s the australian equivalent of piss and cheerios

tia

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

mooyashi posted:

one day you and i will meet in combat

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

a man of vision posted:

he's happy now because i'm washing the dishes and he's helping (watching)

sometimes my cat helps make the bed by jumping in my sheets while i am shaking them out and pouncing when they’re all foofy like poomp

it is good when our animal comrades help

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

er, what’s the australian equivalent of piss and cheerios

tia
who jizzed in your pea float

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

a man of vision posted:

who jizzed in your pea float

in conclusion, australia is a land of contrasts

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

i assume the kiwi version is something about exmarxing in your pavlova

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
the weirdest thing about exmarx is he lives in wellington

who the hell lives in wellington

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

a man of vision posted:

idk, seems like all the famous ones are from christchurch or auckland

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

maybe the horde of former youths in split enz settled down in wellington

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

a man of vision posted:

the best way to get your death threats heard is to incorporate them into a hit song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3wCDrJRDY

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
the finns are from bumfuck nowhere, i think it was the next thing up from a cult situation

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
speak to me mooyashi, let's engage, we can talk this out

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

a man of vision posted:

it's the coolest little capital op

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

exmarx posted:

it's the coolest little capital op
i've heard that from lots of people actually, apparently it has a thriving arts & culture scene, but still i've never met a single person who actually lives there

except for you

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

a man of vision posted:

i've heard that from lots of people actually, apparently it has a thriving arts & culture scene, but still i've never met a single person who actually lives there

except for you

maybe you meet people from auckland/chch/elsewhere because those places suck and they want to leave? idk.

the arts and culture scene is great, and the public service (which i work in) is here. unfortunately there's also a burgeoning tech industry, and someone keeps letting weta put up lovely steampunk public art

i went to the new gallery opening at the national museum last night, which was great. i saw a necklace made of ducklings and some polynesian activist fashion!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mooyashi posted:

Nah, she's the only good poster on SA.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

mooyashi posted:

How long does it take for St Paddy's grumpiness to fade for those who work in the boozing industry?

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
friends i don't need to be defended lol, senior goons getting exasperated and telling me how my posting sucks is the only way i'll ever improve

exmarx that art owns

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Y'all, Slate did a good!

https://slate.com/technology/2018/03/does-luigi-have-a-penis-we-have-considered-the-evidence-and-its-unclear.html

quote:

When characters are scrubbed this clean of any sexuality, any whiff of it demands our immediate and obsessive quantitative attention.

I must also consider that it’s me that’s uncomfortable. That maybe I’m terrified by the prospect of the sexuality of a beloved childhood character? Perhaps I’m the dogmatic one, and it’s not only obvious but right and true that Luigi has a penis. Maybe that this small and frivolous bulge is worth (figuratively!) grasping onto in a bleak and fallen world, not because it is true, but because it is fun and a rare source of light amid an ever-encroaching darkness…?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Didn't the vampires in WWDITS live in Wellington?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
yes, it's a surreally accurate depiction of the city

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

exmarx posted:

yes, it's a surreally accurate depiction of the city

so are you one of the werewolves or

exmarx