Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
...and we discovered the best way to police them is to let them police themselves. and thus social credit was born

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

I thought the socreds folded back in the 80s

also just wanted to knowledge this from way back. at least the :canada: get the reference

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what's this from

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Altered Cabrón

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I prefer altered carbonara

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Every gif or still I see of this makes it look so cheap and crappy. Is it actually worth watching? I liked the book well enough, apart from a few bits where my eyes nearly rolled outta my head.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what if it's actually very expensive and crappy? you can enjoy the fine craftsmanship and premium materials that went into that turd

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

communism bitch posted:

Every gif or still I see of this makes it look so cheap and crappy. Is it actually worth watching? I liked the book well enough, apart from a few bits where my eyes nearly rolled outta my head.

i haven't read the book but i liked the tv show well enough, apart from a few bits where my eyes nearly rolled outta my head, so i'd say it's comparable

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

Altered Cabrn

can we have diacritics in usernames?

e: lol i guess if the quote function can't parse it then probably not

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

communism bitch posted:

the first few eps are good then it gets extremely bad as the show writers add a bunch of dumb poo poo

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
the moral of Altered Cabrito is that the rich are awful and allowing them to become immortal makes them exponentially worse

I’d say it’s a worthwhile watch even just to get the viewership numbers up on something with that message

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
there are bits of altered jabroni that gleam out and really make u think. but there's a whole lot of brooding and it's not as dramatic as it ought to be

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

Altered Cabrón

still the best name

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Roosevelt posted:

there are bits of altered jabroni that gleam out and really make u think. but there's a whole lot of brooding and it's not as dramatic as it ought to be

it was a good show show. nice cyberpunk dystopia, and the changes to the show (poe vs hendrix hotel) made it better

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

first caption that popped into my head was 'die hacker fucker'

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

still the best name
agreed but now slightly leaning to

Roosevelt posted:

altered jabroni

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the family backstory i don't remember from the book and was the weakest to me, Poe hotel won me over in the end, and the shift to for space was a nice use of the visual mapping headsets do now

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

it was a good show show. nice cyberpunk dystopia, and the changes to the show (poe vs hendrix hotel) made it better

Changing the villain and the side the Envoys are on made everything make less sense.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

remember that black mirror episode that turned out to be real life? no not that one, the other one. anyway, there's another

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
dang, skimming 60% off the top. That’s some Uber-level game.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/975872461555122176

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
How long till a big corporation tries to wriggle out of huge fines and punitive damages by claiming that their murderous AI was acting outside proper company procedure, and consequently had sole liability for killing someone?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i made the mistake of reading the comments on arse technical. autonomous vehicles nerds are the loving worst.

first couple of highly rated comments are all “she must’ve jumped in front of the car!!!!”

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i made the mistake of reading the comments on arse technical. autonomous vehicles nerds are the loving worst.

first couple of highly rated comments are all “she must’ve jumped in front of the car!!!!”

grey forum posters doing the same poo poo lol

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

communism bitch posted:

How long till a big corporation tries to wriggle out of huge fines and punitive damages by claiming that their murderous AI was acting outside proper company procedure, and consequently had sole liability for killing someone?

how long til each autonomous vehicle’s control system is actually an independent corporation for just that reason?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sex doll rights activists raid silicone brothel

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Remember that a circle of salt will trap these cars

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

George posted:

Remember that a circle of salt will trap these cars

then you can use valve core removal tool on tires to really stop 'em in their tracks

unless they just soldier on without air

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Invisible Mask: Practical Attacks on Face Recognition with Infrared

:getin:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

synthetic cannabinoids cause bleeding from eyes and mouth

finally, some cyberpunk terror drugs

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

smoke Adoracion Haemorrhagic Fever weed er'day

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

MDT9100

quote:

Several Motorola MDT-9100T “Mobile Data Terminals” came up on eBay and their retro-future design was too neat to pass up. The stylish housing combined with an aperture-less amber CRT looks like something slipped from the Fallout or BladeRunner universe into our own. Some of us at NYC Resistor bought them and are repurposing them.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/JenAshleyWright/status/980459687702249472

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
robot restaurant is the most fun western money-inhaling gimmick that japan has ever invented

there's absolutely no cultural or personal shame linked to being ridiculous or turning something up to 11 for a laugh or a buck

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A good av for someone

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
http://www.businessinsider.com/hiroto-ikeuchi-artist-cyberpunk-wearable-designs-vr-photos-2018-3

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:piss: :awesomelon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

for fun I reloaded that page without an adblocker enabled.

It made >1200 network requests, the debugger stopped being able to count bandwidth, and almost crashed a bunch of times.

Business insider is trash.

• Locked thread