Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So much Yakuza! Oh man please gimme Hokuto ga Gotoku at E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol8FdkxEHGo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Blessed Sony offerings

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Ledgy posted:

Yakuza Kiwami 2, August 28th.

Ooh, sooner than I was expecting!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My wife and I will finish Kiwami in time for Kiwami 2! Then we can do 3-6 and have a seamless playthrough! This is fantastic news!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I honestly didn't see it coming this year. That's 4 Yakuza games in two years. There's actually some hope for Hokuto ga Gotoku!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
That event was a lot of fun! Bought Yakuza 1 and 2 as well as getting 1 signed. Can't believe Kiwami 2 is coming out so soon.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ryuga Death posted:

That event was a lot of fun! Bought Yakuza 1 and 2 as well as getting 1 signed. Can't believe Kiwami 2 is coming out so soon.

Wait WHAT THEY ACTUALLY HAD BACKLOG GAMES THERE?!

GOD drat. Also here is the song for Majima's "Totally Legitimate And Not A Fighting Clan Posing As A" Construction Company, in light of Kiwami 2 making it stateside.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
My avatar gets more and more out of date, and I couldn't be happier.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

widespread posted:

Wait WHAT THEY ACTUALLY HAD BACKLOG GAMES THERE?!

GOD drat.

Yeah, they had 1, 2, 3, 4, 0, and kiwami. No 5 for obvious reasons and no Dead Souls probably cause no one likes that one except me, sadly. 1 and 2 were only 20 bucks each brand new.

They also let you preorder Yakuza 6 at the store and they would've given you the art book right then and there. A lot of people get their art book signed by the two special guests. If I hadn't already preordered my copy from Amazon, I would've done so today at the store.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Ryuga Death posted:

Yeah, they had 1, 2, 3, 4, 0, and kiwami. No 5 for obvious reasons and no Dead Souls probably cause no one likes that one except me, sadly. 1 and 2 were only 20 bucks each brand new.

They also let you preorder Yakuza 6 at the store and they would've given you the art book right then and there. A lot of people get their art book signed by the two special guests. If I hadn't already preordered my copy from Amazon, I would've done so today at the store.

Fuuuuuck, dude. But to be fair, I don't have a PS3 to enjoy 1-4 and Dead Souls.

Guess I'll just figure out some other way to play 3 and 4 then.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Kiwami 2 will be the other best remake of 2018.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I was going to play Kiwami 1 now leading up to the release of 6. Now I don't know if I should just play Kiwami 1 after 6 and then go to 2.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

widespread posted:

Fuuuuuck, dude. But to be fair, I don't have a PS3 to enjoy 1-4 and Dead Souls.

Guess I'll just figure out some other way to play 3 and 4 then.

Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2 are PS2 games and would only work on early model backwards compatible PS3s. They reprinted Y1 and Y2 around when they announced Y6, it is not surprising that they had games there for sale, though that is a great price.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MrLonghair posted:

Kiwami 2 will be the other best remake of 2018.

Even just the demo is better than PS4 Shadow of the Colossus.

Doesn't Sega own Atlus now? It'd be cool if Sega proper isn't interested if Atlus or some other publisher can bring the Hokuto no Ken game over here. Going by the demo the story won't need a particularly amazing translation or anything to get across the nuanced themes of some assholes are being assholes so Kenshiro kills the gently caress out of them.

Housh posted:

I was going to play Kiwami 1 now leading up to the release of 6. Now I don't know if I should just play Kiwami 1 after 6 and then go to 2.

Kiwami 1 is a good game but it will be a huge disappointment if you play it after 6 and especially Kiwami 2.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 18, 2018

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Housh posted:

Friendly reminder that Yakuza 0 is still absolutely fantastic, and the gameplay/story retooling in Kiwami makes it feel more like a sequel to 0 than a remake of 1.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Play Kiwami 1 before 6

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Praise Kiryu

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Friendly reminder that Yakuza 0 is still absolutely fantastic, and the gameplay/story retooling in Kiwami makes it feel more like a sequel to 0 than a remake of 1.
Yes. I played 0 at launch. But took a break after finishing it. I’ll start Kiwami today and try to finish the main game before 6 drops. I remember the first game being short.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Kiwami 2 for being in awe and crying a lot, Yakuza of the Northstar for laughing and smiling a lot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kiwami 3 when

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I honestly don't think we'll ever get Kiwamis of 3 through 5. They're still pretty recent and it would probably be cheaper just to HD remaster them for PS4 than to do a full remake, but hey who knows how long New Yakuza staring Cosmo Kramer is gonna take to arrive so maybe they'll do it just to fill time.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought a PS3 just to play 3-5, I’m the bad person who only played through 3 before playing 0 years and years later. I hope they get 3-5 on PS4 somehow that doesn’t involve streaming via Now, but I think they hold up without the Kiwami treatment.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dual Shockers held an interview with Team Yakuza's Daisuke Sato at the Yakuza 6 event in California, and they got some interesting information out of him!
  • Team Yakuza has considered (but cannot confirm or deny they're doing anything with) the idea of making a Yakuza 0-2
  • New Yakuza takes place in the same timeline as regular Yakuza.
  • It occurs after Yakuza 6, and expect "plenty of opportunities" for returning characters.
  • Ichiban Kasuga is a lowest of the low level Yakuza grunt, compared to the beloved nature of Kiryu Kazuma
  • If Bamco's Katsuhiro Harada wants Kiryu for Tekken 7, they'll "think about it."

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yakuza 3-5 are not on the EU PS Now :argh:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I FOUND IT, FIST OF THE YAKUZA'S VERSION OF RECIEVE YOU!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sorry if I'm crapping up the thread but I wanted to share some of the stuff I got from the Yakuza event. Also, sorry for the bad pictures.

First off, this amazing free magnet they gave to everyone.

The pack of tissues were free. The little pin were limited to the first 200 people who bought something.

Some awesome artwork were for sale.

There were two others but they were really pricey.

Really glad to get my own copies of Yak 1 and 2. It was awesome meeting the producer and tattoo artist!

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 19, 2018

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

That number was definitely worth calling...

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

just got tiger drop in kiwami

its pretty good

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo.

This is the exact opposite of crapping up the thread.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Ryuga Death posted:

Sorry if I'm crapping up the thread but I wanted to share some of the stuff I got from the Yakuza event. Also, sorry for the bad pictures.

The pack of tissues were free. The little pin were limited to the first 200 people who bought something.

Really glad to get my own copies of Yak 1 and 2. It was awesome meeting the producer and tattoo artist!

You lucky sombitch. drat you and your better work times. :arghfist: :(

punchymcpunch posted:

just got tiger drop in kiwami

its pretty good

Make sure you're calm (empty heat bar/first bar isn't full) when you do it. :ssh:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I will do obscene things for that Nugget magnet, it's so good

Also holy gently caress y'all how's about Kiwami 2 in August, I'm moist

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

nugget fuggin rules

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
At the end of the Q&A session, we were all told to pose for this picture and yell Nugget's name.

https://twitter.com/yakuzagame/status/975185356986359808

There were a lot of awesome cosplayers!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ryuga Death posted:

I am insanely jealous of you right now. I need that Nugget magnet.

atholbrose posted:

That number was definitely worth calling...

I'm gonna have to give this a try later. Just posting so I won't forget.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah, that magnet is sweet and I will pay too much for one on ebay if it ever pops up.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Yakuza 6 demo is back up on the PSN store.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/03/19/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-demo-is-back-at-playstation-store/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Will it lock us out again if we have a save file on Chapter 2 onward

Basically I want that Yakuza 6 Mahjong. And maybe VF5.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
This is probably a dumb question but I couldn't find a good answer from google. Is Yakuza 6 supposed to have black borders all around? My PS4 pro is hooked up to a 1080p monitor.

edit: nevermind, had to change something called Display Area Settings. Never had to mess with that before for any other game. I wonder why I had to deal with it this time?

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 19, 2018

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

widespread posted:

Will it lock us out again if we have a save file on Chapter 2 onward

Basically I want that Yakuza 6 Mahjong. And maybe VF5.

I read that it doesn’t have the ability to load saves past the demos end now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I read that it doesn’t have the ability to load saves past the demos end now

I wasn't able to access my saves that were still within the demo section, just got the following error: