Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

I like the design of his suit (even though it's bad for the character) but the real sin is his face.
Oscar Isaac covered more of his face for Ex Machina, fer chrissake.

It's like they found an old costume from season 1 of Stargate and just dyed it purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

This one is also great in motion because he's wearing a proper prosthetic mask which has a pretty good range of emotions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU9k2xfZRw

And just for the sake of balance, here's a huge Thanos costume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om13kvbEHL4

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

this is a weird cut-up photoshop, right(besides the background)? Dude's scythe is an extendable broom handle and it looks like it's not in the same shot, and the hands look fucky.

somewhat , aside from the more obvious background & enhanced cape it's been touched up to hide the black clothes and the lady's exposed fingers underneath, it's got its own light-sources and glow in the dark paints so the separate light sources can make it look more artificial than it is

good eye on the broom handle tho :v:

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This one is also great in motion because he's wearing a proper prosthetic mask which has a pretty good range of emotions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU9k2xfZRw

And just for the sake of balance, here's a huge Thanos costume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om13kvbEHL4

Just to blow your mind, here's another Thanos costume/makeup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgke9H5GCj0
It's being worn by the same actor as the Apocalypse!
Both are demos by the Cinema Makeup School, they have awesome demos at SDCC and Monsterpalooza.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd so watch a 60'S Batman style production with these two.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Thats so perfect I assume they used the Genesis torpedo to make it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Talk about playing to your strengths, this guy should have been in the movies.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Captain Invictus posted:

her entire repertoire is quite impressive. https://imgur.com/gallery/FyUQr

PhazonLink posted:

I like how #3 is by its very nature low effort.

Everything in that link is low-effort. She wore street clothes or things you can order off amazon. The only one that looks like it took work was "Chel (The Road to El Dorado)", except that the work involved was cutting/sewing the lowest-effort tube-top & skirt-thing. The color on the stripes (and onAriels's bra, and the whole Heather strap) was badly photoshopped in. Even the makeup is pretty much the same in every picture.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Speleothing posted:

Everything in that link is low-effort. She wore street clothes or things you can order off amazon. The only one that looks like it took work was "Chel (The Road to El Dorado)", except that the work involved was cutting/sewing the lowest-effort tube-top & skirt-thing. The color on the stripes (and onAriels's bra, and the whole Heather strap) was badly photoshopped in. Even the makeup is pretty much the same in every picture.

:goonsay:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Most of the photos weren't actually finished costumes, they were just quick mock ups to see if she liked the look so she could decide if she wanted to go ahead and make the costume.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/fernandacosplay/photos/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Me reading that post.

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Guns are dumb

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

This is impressive but I have no idea what it's from or who the character is.

E: VVVVV Thanks!

Beepity Boop has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Feb 28, 2018

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Hremsfeld posted:

This is impressive but I have no idea what it's from or who the character is.
Aloy from the videogame Horizon Zero Dawn.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's a hosed up subject to be cosplaying as.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that's definitely a Topical Halloween Costume but the Say Nothing bot parsed it as cosplay so it deposited it here

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Alaois posted:

that's definitely a Topical Halloween Costume but the Say Nothing bot parsed it as cosplay so it deposited it here

At least it's a) adult, b) male and c) fully dressed this time.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

So adorable! It looks like he's ready to do me a jump scare.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

https://i.imgur.com/MUEm6mA.mp4

A D&D Kenku, apparently

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

That's a hosed up subject to be cosplaying as.

I think it's a pretty good replicant of the original.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The feet for hands reminds me of something.

I work at a zoo, and my coworker overheard someone looking at a peacock. The person was confused about the state of this bird and had a question for their friend. The question was "How did it lose both it's front legs?"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We're all good boys down here

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

I love this a lot.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

They were nice enough to write up tutorials for most of this costume here, if anyone wants to make something like this themselves but doesn't really know how.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn this rules.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KamuiCosplay/status/973943875768340480

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
That corgi is super unimpressed. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

King of the Hill

Witcher 3; Geralt of Rivia

Ready Player One

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

That may well be the best Buu I've ever seen. Got dang.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

That Buu is loving horrifying, I love it. That's a hell of a lot of work into a costume of a dude who is basically "bubblegum dude with a tentacle head"

the samus looks like kind of a mishmash of the classic Varia Suit and the Other M Varia Suit(which is bad) and looks kinda weird

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Captain Invictus posted:

the samus looks like kind of a mishmash of the classic Varia Suit and the Other M Varia Suit(which is bad) and looks kinda weird

I think the thing that's throwing you is that it's sticking very close to a human shape, while the 'classic' Varia (I always use Prime as the baseline here because it's pretty close and is easy to take in outside of singular art) is clearly very much intended as bulky, heavy armor. On the other hand, the Other M Varia is lighter but much more angular. I think it'd probably look better if they retooled it to be more like the pre-Varia power suit, which is much closer to that in form.

And I personally don't think that the Other M Varia is 'bad' so much as 'not designed for the same purposes'. Original/Prime Samus is very bulky and tank-like, which can work (and especially is perfect for the Primes) but looks like it should be slow. Other M's design is more intended to look like 'this is something that moves fast', befitting Other M Samus being very mobile but a bit more fragile (especially compared to Prime). It's like an APC compared to a racecar, and while I prefer the bulkier design the suit is one of the things I don't hate about Other M.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cleretic posted:

And I personally don't think that the Other M Varia is 'bad' so much as 'not designed for the same purposes'. Original/Prime Samus is very bulky and tank-like, which can work (and especially is perfect for the Primes) but looks like it should be slow. Other M's design is more intended to look like 'this is something that moves fast', befitting Other M Samus being very mobile but a bit more fragile (especially compared to Prime). It's like an APC compared to a racecar, and while I prefer the bulkier design the suit is one of the things I don't hate about Other M.

I want you to read this part, then take into account all the other deliberate design decisions made in regards to Samus as a character for Other M.

That's why people hate it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah, the reason people generally don't like the Other M Varia Suit is because it looks bad and bland compared to the iconic look of the original. Here's a timeline of the varia suit, from super metroid, to prime, to zero mission's power suit, to other m

The super/prime versions look like a force to be reckoned with. The Other M designs look delicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The difference is just 2 ridges on each shoulder?