Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Eox posted:

If Hoover was around for this presidency, the FBI would be the government by now.

If Hoover were around the FBI would already have an entire library of its own piss tapes.

https://twitter.com/AlexKleeman/status/974704687483105281

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They don't want his agenda, they want his signature.

yeah. thats why i think the senate may toss him in the end, they want a rubberstamp/dignified yes man. not some idiot who screams every 10 min. they can get that with pence or some other fuckhead.

mango sentinel posted:

If Hoover were around the FBI would already have an entire library of its own piss tapes.

https://twitter.com/AlexKleeman/status/974704687483105281

was hoover that crazy? i know he is terrible but i didnt think he was full trump.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ceciliakang/status/975178540709761024

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. thats why i think the senate may toss him in the end, they want a rubberstamp/dignified yes man. not some idiot who screams every 10 min. they can get that with pence or some other fuckhead.

was hoover that crazy? i know he is terrible but i didnt think he was full trump.

If memory serves, Hoover had a double digit number of presidents scared shitless that he was going to take over 24/7

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I want to say he looks like Putin melted in the microwave, but no, it's not even that. It looks like Beck Bennett's SNL impersonation of Putin melted in the microwave and then came out as Stephen Miller.

In the meanwhile though, Fox News is really concerned about President Hillary's health, you guys. I mean, have you seen the way she's been acting lately? All those crazy things she's been saying and doing? I think Jesse Watters is trying to get her cabinet to 25th Amendment her out of office or something :ohdear:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Eox posted:

If memory serves, Hoover had a double digit number of presidents scared shitless that he was going to take over 24/7
They mostly left Hoover alone because he had too much dirt on them.

I mean this is the same guy who made it his mission to make MLK kill himself through releasing embarrassing information about his affairs to family members, or threatening to make the info public.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

i wish zuckerburg had a proper neck so that he could hang himself from it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Eox posted:

ok sorry. i weirdly thought we were talking about herbert hoover. yeah fbi hoover would have tossed trump by now.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

I feel like if Trump had somehow became President in 1952, America would legitimately not have survived as a nation. That's not so much making out Eisenhower or Kennedy to be saints--they're not--but the time required Presidents to stand firm against US generals who were legitimately losing their loving minds during the cold war never mind Hoover's crazy rear end. As much as I think Trump's authoritarian tendencies are a problem, the fact that he's kind of a loving pussy and a moron is also a problem. He's a strong man without any actual, ya know, strength.

The fact that his shittery has mostly just led to the executive branch being in ruins rather than the entire nation is a sign of some kind of progress I guess.

Ehh, I disagree. The US was on such a roll in the post-WW2 period that even with the Cold War, it would have coasted mostly fine.

Now, if he'd been president during the Civil War, or in 1929? Then we're talking.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Pence seems like a true christian believer. The "gently caress you got mine" buisiness branch of the GOP has always used the evangelical, the racist, and the anti government tea party branches to further their own ends. If Pence actually listens to God in his head instead of just pretending like most of the grifters, I wonder if the GOP is setting up another monster to lose control over. Or will Pence do as he's told as long as he can pursue his agenda?

WorldsStongestNerd fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 18, 2018

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It just continues to amaze me how the Republican Party just continues to utterly debase itself for the Idiot King. I could understand it in an evil logical way if it was for some intelligent strong authoritarian who was effectively pushing forward his agenda but Trump is the most pathetically stupid moron of all time and he's dragging everyone around down with him into the garbage.

The Republican Party, for an entire generation or more, has been a party motivated by giving more wealth and more power to the already wealthy and already powerful.

Yes, the GOP has claimed to be for many other things. There are some True Believers in the party when it comes to abortion etc, but the core motivator has been power and wealth. Most of the other claimed motivations were just to win votes.

Viewed through this lense, the subservience to Trump makes sense. He's giving the party a rubber stamp to do pretty much whatever. He's drat sure fighting for the interests of the already powerful and already rich.

He is feeding their primary motivation.

Yes, in the long term it's likely to blow up. But the people at the top will be able to graft enough wealth that they will lead exquisite lives of unimaginable wealth and pleasure, even if the GOP implodes.

It's the gently caress You, Got Mine endgame.

"Late stage FYGM", if you will.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 18, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

nine-gear crow posted:

In the meanwhile though, Fox News is really concerned about President Hillary's health, you guys. I mean, have you seen the way she's been acting lately? All those crazy things she's been saying and doing? I think Jesse Watters is trying to get her cabinet to 25th Amendment her out of office or something :ohdear:

I just assume that Fox and Breitbart and all just had years' worth of anti-Hillary articles all ready to go on the expectation that she would become president. So when she didn't, they said "fuckit, not letting all these man-hours go to waste" and just ran them anyway.

Barring goons trying to relitigate 2016 (which I scroll past) I can barely think of any point I've so much as though about Hillary in the past year other than seeing the rightwing-osphere rant about her.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Mueller please be the complete loving boss investigator you seem to be

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://twitter.com/QuirkyRican/status/974379051820421120?s=20

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I just assume that Fox and Breitbart and all just had years' worth of anti-Hillary articles all ready to go on the expectation that she would become president. So when she didn't, they said "fuckit, not letting all these man-hours go to waste" and just ran them anyway.

Barring goons trying to relitigate 2016 (which I scroll past) I can barely think of any point I've so much as though about Hillary in the past year other than seeing the rightwing-osphere rant about her.

Lol. This is exactly it, the Hillary stories are like some loving potato salad a soccer mom made for a party that got cancelled so every night for the next two weeks is potato salad night.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I've had multiple "lol you people elected Donald Trump president because Hillary Clinton just broke your play-doh brains that loving much." moments over the last year and change, and her book was pretty drat funny, but beyond that, me neither.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

He looks like that Vladimir Putin buttplug.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

squirrelzipper posted:

Lol. This is exactly it, the Hillary stories are like some loving potato salad a soccer mom made for a party that got cancelled so every night for the next two weeks is potato salad night.

some higher truth blah blah blah

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Oxxidation posted:

i wish zuckerburg had a proper neck so that he could hang himself from it

I wish this was real

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

America Chavez owns and it's super weird to know that Sonia Sotomayor knows about her.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Push El Burrito posted:

America Chavez owns and it's super weird to know that Sonia Sotomayor knows about her.

Her comic had her stay at the Sotomayor University so that probably helped.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ratoslov posted:

A Republican Senator that voted to oust a Republican President would be choosing to end their career.

Nah, the nature of the Senate means that the only Senators who have to sweat an election before the right memory holes Donny alongside the missing time between Clinton and Obama are those up for election in 2020. If Donny gets impeached, there's very little chance voting to keep the orange idiot is better for your reelection chances than being a brave anti-Trump voice in the Blue Tsunami era.

nerdz posted:

Pence is way worse than Trump. I think a neutered single term Trump is the best case scenario here

Pence is just a different kind of stupid idiot. We'd be less likely to randomly start wars over Twitter, and he's also immensely hateable.

Crow Jane posted:

I make my own cakes, tyvm :smuggo:

Maybe there's decent ice cream cake out there, I dunno. Carvel and whatnot are gross, though.

Make your own ice cream cake then, silly. It's not any harder than baking one, you just replace the inner layers of icing with softened ice cream, pop it back in the freezer, take it out and add icing. Boom, ice cream cake.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It just continues to amaze me how the Republican Party just continues to utterly debase itself for the Idiot King. I could understand it in an evil logical way if it was for some intelligent strong authoritarian who was effectively pushing forward his agenda but Trump is the most pathetically stupid moron of all time and he's dragging everyone around down with him into the garbage.

They've backed themselves into a corner where their best option actually is debasing themselves for the Idiot King. He at least is continuing their attempts at court packing and will rubber stamp anything they manage to get through congress. On the other hand if they go against him their idiot base will splinter as they face moron primary opponents who have a good chance of beating them. Plus the Trump fans who remain are their best hope of surviving a blue wave, because maybe they'll show up and vote to spite the foes of their gilded god.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/975214060907192326

"Harder to contain". Dear lord.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
How much do we know about the internal dynamics at the FBI? Are we sure there aren't a bunch of really ambitious people in the bureau who love the idea of older "establishment" types getting thrown out?

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a bunch of FBI agents who love the idea of a more aggressive and conservative "law and order" state under Trump.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
#theresistance sucking off the FBI is hilarious because they're a secret police force that assassinates dissidents like fred hampton in their sleep

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Pence seems like a true christian believer. The "gently caress you got mine" buisiness branch of the GOP has always used the evangelical, the racist, and the anti government tea party branches to further their own ends. If Pence actually listens to God in his head instead of just pretending like most of the grifters, I wonder if the GOP is setting up another monster to lose control over. Or will Pence do as he's told as long as he can pursue his agenda?
The God in Mike Pence's head is just Mike Pence justifying the things he wanted to do anyway, and helping people sure and hell isn't among them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Congress may flay Zuckerberg alive to keep blame off themselves.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Peven Stan posted:

#theresistance sucking off the FBI is hilarious because they're a secret police force that assassinates dissidents like fred hampton in their sleep

And tried to get MLK to kill himself.

But from my POV it's more of a "let them fight" mentality

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The Republican Party, for an entire generation or more, has been a party motivated by giving more wealth and more power to the already wealthy and already powerful.

And let's remember why. Concentrating wealth in the upper class was a deliberate strategy for freezing social and economic mobility, ensuring that minorities would remain poor and subservient. They used the economic power of the government to enforce what they were prohibited from doing do legally.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Yeah, just because we want the FBI to gently caress Trump doesn't mean we like the FBI.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

lol you people willingly elected this man because the thought of a woman being president drove you insane. That will never not be hilarious to me, even if it ends in my death.

2nd Rate Poster
Mar 25, 2004

i started a joke

Crabtree posted:

Congress may flay Zuckerberg alive to keep blame off themselves.

As another upside, this will also kill Zuckbot's political ambitions.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

nine-gear crow posted:

lol you people willingly elected this man because the thought of a woman being president drove you insane. That will never not be hilarious to me, even if it ends in my death.

a black president made america insane fyi

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

2nd Rate Poster posted:

As another upside, this will also kill Zuckbot's political ambitions.

God I hope so.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"Most people think he's too much of a coward to fire Mueller, but he might be more stupid than he is scared, so you never know"

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

nine-gear crow posted:

Meh, it's at least 90% the woman. If a credible woman candidate who had Palin's appeal but wasn't a total moron and was happy to rubber-stamp GOP priorities had been in the running against Hillary, I think the great majority of Trump voters would've chosen her. And if said GOP woman were an Evangelical she might've outperformed Trump.

If instead of Hillary the Dems had run a woman of absolutely identical policies but without 30 years of hate-branding by the right, Dems would've won handily.

Honestly, given that Hillary was running, a die-hard GOP trans person (of either type) would only have turned off 5% of GOP voters (leading to a Dem victory, but point remains).

I would dearly, dearly love to see the Evangelical base react to a trans candidate who happens to tick all their boxes right down the line. Basically what they do anyway with Trump but with a taste of "sure he/she (or "he-she" for GOPers) is a blasphemy against God and Nature, but much like how God chose the pagan Cyrus as a champion..."

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 18, 2018

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How is this actually going to hurt FB though? It's like how Elizabeth Warren yells at bankers but nothing changes

2nd Rate Poster
Mar 25, 2004

i started a joke
Alex Stamos (the facebook head of security) was also the CISO of yahoo during the time they released those huge hacks of yahoo mail.

From everything I've heard he's a good person, but drat if he can't pick some losers.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If people weren't so stupid to believe every dumb meme image they see on facebook we wouldn't care if Russia tried to manipulate the election. I hate facebook so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Fart City posted:

He looks like that Vladimir Putin buttplug.

I was thinking Generic_SS_Officer.jpg, but ok.

• Locked thread