Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

AP posted:

There was a lot of that but it's pretty tone deaf to not predict the UN level cluster gently caress that will result. Surprisingly, not everyone is from the US and the obvious solution of just not buying during the sale wasn't an option as the item was limited edition and in-stock.

Probably the birth of the "snowflake" term internally at CIG.

It was especially cool since it was two degenerate motives conflicting.

The "i hate america/how dare they give money to wounded veterans" motive and the "i HAVE to have EVERYTHING in STAR CITIZEN" one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Star Citizen is retarded.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishment Mausoleum > Star Citizer: Sadbrains Citizen

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Did someone leak him our T/O or something?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What's funny is the real one isn't any less blurry.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The beautiful thing about Citizen conspiracy theories is that the more you say “dude you’re being insane” the more they believe you must be hiding something.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

What this creature needs is a metre-long barbed tongue coming out the end of each leg, and the ability to jump like a cricket.

When it sees something it wants to catch and lay its eggs in.

Sorry if you were just getting ready for bed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

big nipples big life posted:

Star Citizens are retarded.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

everything that is associated with it, even me.

especially me.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
If you are unfortunate and have a condition like adhd, or add, your thought are fragmentary, distorted easily, you also have to deal with *parp* happening on a fairly regular basis, but under that, something more insidious happens, you learn to normalise failure,
essentially; those involved with sc are suffering from "learned helplessness"
the bittersweet thing is : adhd effects can be minimalised with medication, SC sufferers have no such choice.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

:lol::lol::lol:

My only collaborator on the 3.0 Infographic was Chris Roberts. Cry me a river if it made for depressing reading but that’s what happens when you turn from the future Chris is overpromising to the past he keeps underdelivering...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 18, 2018

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

usura

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bofast posted:

I take it you're not talking about the 1998 space ship game Hardwar, where you had to escape Titan by earning enough money, or something like that?

Yeah I think that's the one. I never really played it, but back in the day I remember it being popular and sort of like this newer thing that I also haven't played. So take my experience as solid gold here. :)

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

staberind posted:

If you are unfortunate and have a condition like adhd, or add, your thought are fragmentary, distorted easily, you also have to deal with *parp* happening on a fairly regular basis, but under that, something more insidious happens, you learn to normalise failure,
essentially; those involved with sc are suffering from "learned helplessness"
the bittersweet thing is : adhd effects can be minimalised with medication, SC sufferers have no such choice.

ADHD here, can confirm the *parp* is real, and meds do help. :yarg: :gary:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Mr.Tophat posted:

Don't ignore this

Bless you Mr Top Hat you are always such a ray of positivity when you post in this thread.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: RELAY STATION: A highly blasted Erris expresses trepidation about CIG’s increasingly aggressive cash-generation efforts

Yes, Erris, it does seem pretty forced and frequent now that you mention it. Oh well, it’s probably nothing to worry about...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 18, 2018

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Zest posted:

ADHD here, can confirm the *parp* is real, and meds do help. :yarg: :gary:

ADD here can conf... bleh, effort

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

I want to know what love is
I want you to show meeeee

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
More stuff to sell.

quote:

“Since players often won't be in proximity to their property, they'll frequently want to purchase various forms of remote monitoring and security apparatus - cameras and other equipment that can broadcast important information to them, members of their organisation, or UEE security, or automated drones that can automatically engage trespassers. The Service Beacon will also play a role here, as it will allow players to hire other NPCs and players to safeguard their assets.”

https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-land-claim-virtual-property-law

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Mr Fronts posted:

What this creature needs is a metre-long barbed tongue coming out the end of each leg, and the ability to jump like a cricket.

When it sees something it wants to catch and lay its eggs in.

Sorry if you were just getting ready for bed.

They ooze paralyzing venom that leaves you fully conscious but helpless.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Morningwoodpecker posted:

They ooze paralyzing venom that leaves you fully conscious but helpless.
You're now describing a regular parasitoid wasp.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
This green spaceships promotion seems to have shaken backer confidence. It's too obvious a reach.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I have nothing to say so have a random cat drawing

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

ewe2 posted:

I have nothing to say so have a random cat drawing

I don't think a cat has drawn that :colbert:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

But that's not true either. Plenty of magazines (german and US based) have gone to their studios and have seen similar. I'm not bound by journalistic standards, so I care less about an NDA. My username here is unique so they interns that are watching don't have a clue. Other backers can absolutely go and visit, although when you've dropped concierge-level moneys, they're more likely to grant you a visit than others.

I should point out game magazines aren't bound by journalistic standards either, so your argument is just hot air :lol:

The idea of CIG inviting "journalists", only to make them sign NDAs to not tell anyone is also pretty unique. But probably not in the way you intended

Edit:

I take it back, I could see CIG trying something godawfully stupid and pointless like this :lol: :lol:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 18, 2018

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Loxbourne posted:

This green spaceships promotion seems to have shaken backer confidence. It's too obvious a reach.

I don't understand why ? 420 dollars for a jpeg of a space ship that already exists but has been tinted green is a bargain.
It's only when you read the above that it hits you how utterly loving insane all this really is

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

I don't understand why ? 420 dollars for a jpeg of a space ship that already exists but has been tinted green is a bargain.
It's only when you read the above that it hits you how utterly loving insane all this really is

It also has LTI! Which the original didn't have lol

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

EightAce posted:

It's also a nice play on 42, Squadron 42 and :weed:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EightAce posted:

I'm sure all the citizens that get REALLY loving MAD about Elite selling skins for 5 bucks are at minimum 84 times as angry about this.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

SelenicMartian posted:

You're now describing a regular parasitoid wasp.

Wasps don't ooze, unless you hit them with something.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
RELAY: When do you think drinkable booze will be in-game?
:o:: been there for a long time in fact, couple years
:): yeah not in the PU though!
:o:: probably very soon considering you can do it in the hangar
:): I think it'll probably come around when we have the new health mechanics because they've been talking about new health yeah this is not happening this year but they've been talking about it in in the near future so that's happening for beta and if they really do want to push beta out sometime next year or 2020 which is what they seem to be implying heavily

Star Citizen: Not happening this year but in the near future

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What happens if I get blasted in game on a few Hairy Roberts and ram another ship? Do I get arrested by a space cop for a DUI or something?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Doors Under Influence.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

What happens if I get blasted in game on a few Hairy Roberts and ram another ship? Do I get arrested by a space cop for a DUI or something?

Yes, and furthermore.... *handwaving

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Wait, you can drink in the hangar?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Loxbourne posted:

Wait, you can drink in the hangar?

Yes, if you < USE > enough it will put a blur effect on the screen.

That video is from 2014 :lol: Just needs the gameplay layered on. SOON! Happening in the near future but not this year!

edit: It was uploaded by the "Probably very soon considering you can do it in the hangar" guy. :lol::lol::lol:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 18, 2018

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

What even are Service Beacons? Are they just a way for players to plop down "mission objectives"? Is this the fabled emergent gameplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

space court is not a joke