Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Just sold enough p99 plat to acquire 28 grand of USD. Does live have this kind of fuckery to exploit? Asking for a SLAMDUNKATRON friend.

Is onesixtwo even interested in old fags like RIzen for EQ adventures? Inquiring minds like to know about SLAMDUNKATRON.

FayGate fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

FayGate posted:

Just sold enough p99 plat to acquire 28 grand of USD. Does live have this kind of fuckery to exploit? Asking for a SLAMDUNKATRON friend.

Is onesixtwo even interested in old fags like RIzen for EQ adventures? Inquiring minds like to know about SLAMDUNKATRON.

That is one hell of a haul, instead of cashing out my p99 time I just turned it over to a certain robo law enforcement.

Don't forget to pay your taxes!

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
The patcher is still hosed for me, any word from Daybreak about a fix yet?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Verbose posted:

The patcher is still hosed for me, any word from Daybreak about a fix yet?
Don't know anything about the patcher problem, but can you not launch without the patcher through the patchme workaround?

https://www.redguides.com/forums/threads/24968-Using-the-Patchme-command-to-bypass-the-SOE-Launcher

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
Eyyy that worked great.

So my roommate is playing a bard, what's a good duo class with them?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
To what end? Quick to get groups? Duo content with no other help? Level?

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Yyyyesss? I dunno we're just doing it together. I figured if I just played warrior and tanked stuff it'd be good

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I always found melee DPS to love being in groups with bards. Once people have some gear and we're into kunark, youd probably have a lot of fun as a monk, ranger, or SK with a bard.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

gepgepgep posted:

I always found melee DPS to love being in groups with bards. Once people have some gear and we're into kunark, youd probably have a lot of fun as a monk, ranger, or SK with a bard.

Everyone should love being in a group with a bard after a certain point.

Everyone gets resists.
PoP and on casters get a damage bonus from songs.
Melee get overhaste starting in Luclin.

Bards are the best class that no one plays.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
And........casters will rarely/never see bards on raids unless there are too many of them or they are boxing their own bard.

Bard dmg song for wizards doesn't stack with familiar so RIP bards are useless for wizards till OoW where I think and they gain a 5% bonus.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Tai posted:

And........casters will rarely/never see bards on raids unless there are too many of them or they are boxing their own bard.

Bard dmg song for wizards doesn't stack with familiar so RIP bards are useless for wizards till OoW where I think and they gain a 5% bonus.

Later on bards get songs that specifically boost damage of certain spells (fire/cold/magic/dot/etc) and their overhaste/spell damage song becomes better than the auras/echoes.

By that time they can twist 6-7 songs though.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I should of added that is for classic to current expansion of phinny hehe

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

I ended up rolling enchanter 'cause it seems like they're both desired classes for grouping.

Hopefully duoing as such won't be so bad

Orty
May 14, 2007

FayGate posted:

For live you have the krono market. Though daybreak has been known to ban over third party krono sales. Dips into their money when someone buys a krono for ~10 vs their 18.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wait are you saying you actually made 28 thousand dollars from selling plat on P99?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have heard the p99 rmt market is very hot.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

p99 is a sickness and people will pay real money for rogean pixels

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

khysanth posted:

p99 is a sickness

Yeah pretty much spot on!

They used to allow complete character (account) sales which people made a ridiculous profit on. Of course it was for plat only but.. yea okay.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I know it's just fresh discussed but, friend and I are going to do monk/bard. Anyone want to suggest anything else long term, meaning lasting past Planes of Power before we Qeynos it up?

No clothies because lol. I'm also partial to SKs but I want to raid.

EDIT:

Did shaman on phinny. Raid buffing pre talisman was some of the most not fun I ever had, especially when shitlords cried about buffs before glare lord house in fear. Badass all other times tho!

Givin fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 21, 2018

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
shaman

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I am now a level 16 enchanter on Coirnav. This is a fun class! I’ve never played an enchanter before.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Givin posted:

I know it's just fresh discussed but, friend and I are going to do monk/
EDIT:

If you are not the bard, Shaman or Druid. I ended up as a Monk & Shaman to conclude the above discussion. Only level 20 yet but enjoying the two quite a bit. I do miss the idea of ports, but I'll live. Tiny Troll is worth a whole lot more than ports really, if we're being honest.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I am now a level 16 enchanter on Coirnav. This is a fun class! I’ve never played an enchanter before.

yes! pet breaks can get tedious beyond reason, and will burn you out of the class eventually, but definitely an extremely fun / unique class.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

onesixtwo posted:

If you are not the bard, Shaman or Druid. I ended up as a Monk & Shaman to conclude the above discussion.

The answer is always Shaman. Druids don't do much that you can't achieve through potions or AAs eventually and you'll miss the poo poo out of haste/slow. It's just *what is needed* in every situation.

I two boxed several other classes alongside my druid including Paladin, SK, Mage and Bard. The only class I think genuinely duos nicely with Druid is Enchanter, but you'll murder yourself trying to play at a high end with both of those classes unless you can do poo poo like juggle 3 balls in each hand and every 4th cycle toss a ball between your hands and keep going.

Whereas War/Pal/Sk/Monk and Shaman are basically ready made groups. Add some randos for DPS and away you go.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Kazak_Hstan posted:

You must have been playing nonstop since launch

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Tomahawk posted:

You must have been playing nonstop since launch

I played pretty heavily over the weekend, but nothing insane. There is a pretty substantial 30+ population already.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

koreban posted:

The answer is always Shaman. Druids don't do much that you can't achieve through potions or AAs eventually and you'll miss the poo poo out of haste/slow. It's just *what is needed* in every situation.

I two boxed several other classes alongside my druid including Paladin, SK, Mage and Bard. The only class I think genuinely duos nicely with Druid is Enchanter, but you'll murder yourself trying to play at a high end with both of those classes unless you can do poo poo like juggle 3 balls in each hand and every 4th cycle toss a ball between your hands and keep going.

Whereas War/Pal/Sk/Monk and Shaman are basically ready made groups. Add some randos for DPS and away you go.

Just rolled a shaman myself. Used to play cleric on live back in 2002, and have no problem being a healer in groups, but clerics are just so helpless solo that I wanted something with a bit more versatility.

Now to see if this stays fun.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

FayGate posted:

how does that even happen without braknar stepping on your dick

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

what website would you even use? there are just so many of them... like specifically which site and person did you sell to and in what increments? just theoretically there are so many ways to do it

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Yes it does. Acquire gear and plat, trade for Krono, sell krono. When a new server spins up if you’re ahead of the game you can make 2-3 krono a pop on poo poo like SSoYs and 50-60 on a vox cloak. Krono in bulk go for like $8 each.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

iNteg posted:

Yes it does. Acquire gear and plat, trade for Krono, sell krono. When a new server spins up if you’re ahead of the game you can make 2-3 krono a pop on poo poo like SSoYs and 50-60 on a vox cloak. Krono in bulk go for like $8 each.

I shouldn't be surprised, but what kind of maniac pays 400 dollars for an MMO item in a 20 year old game. Just what.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Philonius posted:

I shouldn't be surprised, but what kind of maniac pays 400 dollars for an MMO item in a 20 year old game. Just what.

basically gambling addicts, as far as I can tell

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Shaman, Bard, SK sound like a pretty pro start for three old farts. (we convinced a third to join us) I mean I know it's been talked to death and everyone that participates in this thread are vets. It's just I've got these two dudes commuted to the course and we're gonna make a serious run at nostalgia this time around and want to kill internet dragons. None of us know jack poo poo all about the game post PoP era and we want to see some raid content that we missed.

It's been touched on, but what is the shelf life of a group made up with the above?

I mainly wonder, and asked because I'm guessing the majority of population for this is made up by dudes who are going into this with established people, and the majority of those left to group with are total shitters at this point because anyone worth playing with is already established on Phinny and Agnaar. Some good people sure, and I'm more than positive I'm overthinking it. I burnt out on Phinny because I had no one that I really knew to play with and this time around hopefully will be lots more fun.

I just like talking about video game EverQuest and I hope you dudes do too. If everything I asked has already been touched on, sorry bout that.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I'll probably burn out once the bonus exp ends, but for now I'm boxing a level 18 chanter/Mage and would be down for some leveling groups if it's workable

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Givin posted:

Shaman, Bard, SK sound like a pretty pro start for three old farts. (we convinced a third to join us) I mean I know it's been talked to death and everyone that participates in this thread are vets. It's just I've got these two dudes commuted to the course and we're gonna make a serious run at nostalgia this time around and want to kill internet dragons. None of us know jack poo poo all about the game post PoP era and we want to see some raid content that we missed.

It's been touched on, but what is the shelf life of a group made up with the above?

I mainly wonder, and asked because I'm guessing the majority of population for this is made up by dudes who are going into this with established people, and the majority of those left to group with are total shitters at this point because anyone worth playing with is already established on Phinny and Agnaar. Some good people sure, and I'm more than positive I'm overthinking it. I burnt out on Phinny because I had no one that I really knew to play with and this time around hopefully will be lots more fun.

I just like talking about video game EverQuest and I hope you dudes do too. If everything I asked has already been touched on, sorry bout that.

Not sure about grabbing random people but you can do everything with those 3, you've got slow, mez and heals, all you need to add are idiots to push their dps buttons and you'll get xp faster, but with those 3 chars you can do pretty much any XP zone. There might be some XP zones that will be difficult due to slow mitigation/immunity, tho if you get raid geared every expac it shouldn't really happen afaik.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Givin posted:

You're thinking about the class combo too much, honestly. Enchanter can be fun in a friends' group scenario, but boring as gently caress for raids. Shamans are my favorite class that I never played. Great dps, great off-healers, and an awesome stats padder. I also am partial to druids now too because I've seen them played as a pure dps class and they were out-parsing monks.

Anyways what server are you going to?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Givin posted:

Right now (classic), your group set up is at is weakest. The shaman is at is worst place for healing, the bard doesn't have it's over haste and the SK is low DPS. It can do everything right now but just slowly. It gets stronger with each expansion. By a lot. It's an extremely strong combo. If you were on Phinny right now with said group, it would be rape rape rape.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I decided to do a combo that I had never done before for Coirnav, so I did a Barbarian rogue. I don't know how I've never played a Barbarian before. It's awesome being able to solo 2 yellow mobs at the same time and win (albeit with 15% health left)

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Barbs are cool, except you are a fuckoff huge race without the benefits that the other ones get (troll regen, ogre frontal stun immunity), I think cattes have lovely racials too, though I'm not sure if those racials are still a thing on live servers. Obviously rogues can't be ogres/trolls and cattes aren't available until space moon party luclin.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Arven posted:

I decided to do a combo that I had never done before for Coirnav, so I did a Barbarian rogue. I don't know how I've never played a Barbarian before. It's awesome being able to solo 2 yellow mobs at the same time and win (albeit with 15% health left)

Polar bear hats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Solarin posted:

Polar bear hats

A fully shrunk barb wearing a leather helm is simply the best.