Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
In another episode there were two restaurants with the same name and they all got them confused nonstop so they sat down to figure how to distinguish the restaurants between each other verbally but no matter what words they came up with it ended up offending somebody so they decided on saying "North" and "South" how they originally agreed and then at the end Elaine called Jerry and asked where he was and he said "I'm in the North!" and a Korean chef came out of the back screaming "my parents died escaping the North" and stabbed the poo poo out of Jerry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"SPINE" he murmurs

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
seinfeld was one of the best shows. these new eps sound canon and i cant wait to watch them when i strap my head into the SciFi TV computer that someone will invent. I will go beside the bed of the person sleeping and wear the TV and I will see their dreams as they are happening

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

lowtax has soybones

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

gently caress of

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

obstipator posted:

seinfeld was one of the best shows. these new eps sound canon and i cant wait to watch them when i strap my head into the SciFi TV computer that someone will invent. I will go beside the bed of the person sleeping and wear the TV and I will see their dreams as they are happening

you ever hear of VR? That's right. Second life. Well cnn now has a second life correspondent desk

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Ha ha ha how could I have heard of second life......

when I don't have a first one !!!

"Ack"" - Cathy

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Anyway there are two kinds of people in this world who understand binary,

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Lowtax posted:

They're going to remove a section of my spine on the 28th and then do a bone graft or some poo poo and put a loving metal hinge on my spine and it's gonna take like six weeks to recover and when I do I swear to God I will never again take my ability to sit in a chair for granted

are they fusing some your vertebrae or are they going for one of the stabilization techniques

my brother in law had to get a crapload of his spine fused together and had lost some of his range of motion but depending on where it’s at that’s not guaranteed to happen and you might not even notice after you recover

in summary, the spine is a land of contrasts

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
check out this $900 white T-shirt I bought from the Billionaire Boys Club

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

are they fusing some your vertebrae or are they going for one of the stabilization techniques

my brother in law had to get a crapload of his spine fused together and had lost some of his range of motion but depending on where it’s at that’s not guaranteed to happen and you might not even notice after you recover

in summary, the spine is a land of contrasts

Fusion whee

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
can you get any cool upgrades installed at the same time, like maybe a explosive bolt and rocket engine so you can detach your torso and fly it around the room like a bad guy from quake

that would be pretty neat

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the robospine will technically make you a cyborg

unless you’re already one from having a pacemaker or contact lenses or something

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

can you get any cool upgrades installed at the same time, like maybe a explosive bolt and rocket engine so you can detach your torso and fly it around the room like a bad guy from quake

that would be pretty neat

depending on how much metal is in it that would give you the power to fool metal detectors and let you sneak things onto airplanes

but i think you’d need a lot, like a plate in your head a lot, to do that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
hm yeah good point. in johnny mnemonic the illegal data storage unit in johnny's brain comes up on security scans as a run-of-the-mill dyslexia implant. lowtax has a real good opportunity to add some kind of storage container and start smuggling long thin objects e.g. umbrellas, flashlights, zucchini

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

Somebody fix my spine on the cheap

This is loving bullshit 10 days until surgery costs loving five grand and I will be stuck in bed for like six weeks gently caress my spine you vengeful bullshit Mayan god

serious recommendations - a few things that may be helpful as you recover because it may probably be difficult to bend / twist your back for like a year are:
  • a good reaching tool (claw on one end, squeeze trigger on the other; some even lock in place); you will want this if you drop anything (phone, fork, clothes, pills)
  • a long-handled shoe horn, because putting on shoes is a bitch if you cant bend over and the heel gets caught
  • a sock helper - these look like a piece of pvc with two ropes and it sounds dumb as gently caress but they are a godsend: you put the sock on the tube then just slide your foot in and pull the ropes towards your chest and it slides the sock off the pvc and onto your foot. i'm not even kidding this thing blew my loving mind.
  • loose fitting clothing: it's just easier to put on without twisting which is a huge plus

i'm sure they'll have their own recommendations and physical therapy and poo poo specific to your spine, but this was my experience when they took both my hips out a few years back.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

hm yeah good point. in johnny mnemonic the illegal data storage unit in johnny's brain comes up on security scans as a run-of-the-mill dyslexia implant. lowtax has a real good opportunity to add some kind of storage container and start smuggling long thin objects e.g. umbrellas, flashlights, zucchini

*retrieves vape pen from spinal storage in airplane bathroom*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mo_Steel posted:

but this was my experience when they took both my hips out a few years back.

i’ve heard the operation for getting robot legs is a risky one how true is that

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I warsh mahself with a rag on a stick

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Mo_Steel posted:

they took both my hips out a few years back.

:stonk:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i’ve heard the operation for getting robot legs is a risky one how true is that

apparently i was under for 11 hours and they almost had to stop due to blood loss.

i think i walk better than those boston dynamics robots but then again i dont have anyone testing me by trying to kick me over at full force so :shrug:

in fairness to the doctors both my hips were broken so it seemed like a reasonable suggestion that they be removed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mo_Steel posted:

apparently i was under for 11 hours and they almost had to stop due to blood loss.

i think i walk better than those boston dynamics robots but then again i dont have anyone testing me by trying to kick me over at full force so :shrug:

in fairness to the doctors both my hips were broken so it seemed like a reasonable suggestion that they be removed.

what happened to you :ohdear:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Captain Foo posted:

what happened to you :ohdear:

Didn't spring extra for artic silver thermal paste

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
i found one of those CRT monitors in a closet that had been running for at least a decade untouched and i pressed the degauss button

woke up in the hospital with two broken hips and super powers.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Mo_Steel posted:

i found one of those CRT monitors in a closet that had been running for at least a decade untouched and i pressed the degauss button

*Pop* aaaahhhhh

Those stupid loving degauss your monitors threads from 2001 drove me nuts

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Mo_Steel posted:

wait so is this a meme

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

When they inevitably have to turn your body into a robot, would you rather be an Ed or a Murphy?

Or maybe a Johnny?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i wanna be like bender. he knows how to have fun. no existential angst bullshit.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Lowtax now

Lowtax post surgery

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
when u get computer installed in your spine, u will become as power as terminator or maybe judge dredd. when that happens, please use your enhanced judging powers for good. become a supreme court justice instead of using ur judging powers for evil (killing cannibals, cant remember what else he did in that movie, etc)

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Sorry about your horrible spinal thing, Lowtax. That sucks. :(

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Lowtax posted:

In another episode there were two restaurants with the same name and they all got them confused nonstop so they sat down to figure how to distinguish the restaurants between each other verbally but no matter what words they came up with it ended up offending somebody so they decided on saying "North" and "South" how they originally agreed and then at the end Elaine called Jerry and asked where he was and he said "I'm in the North!" and a Korean chef came out of the back screaming "my parents died escaping the North" and stabbed the poo poo out of Jerry

Lmao

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

obstipator posted:

when u get computer installed in your spine, u will become as power as terminator or maybe judge dredd. when that happens, please use your enhanced judging powers for good. become a supreme court justice instead of using ur judging powers for evil (killing cannibals, cant remember what else he did in that movie, etc)

I judge the defendant GUILTY of being dead in my basement

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Doom Mathematic posted:

Sorry about your horrible spinal thing, Lowtax. That sucks. :(

Thank you. It's okay I was banned from Twitter so I don't have to worry about reading Chelsea Manning tweets at least

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lowtax posted:

Thank you. It's okay I was banned from Twitter so I don't have to worry about reading Chelsea Manning tweets at least

Why wouldn't you want to read her tweets

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the only emoji-littered tweets i wanna read are ashley feinberg’s holiday ones

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

*yospos soyboy poster thinking harder than he's ever thought before in his life*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
why doesn't it say on Kevin spacey's IMDb page that he's a pedo

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Captain Foo posted:

Why wouldn't you want to read her tweets

They're terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU