Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

eighty-four merc posted:

Man this game is a lot different since I stopped playing around season 3 or 4. As a former career Yi player I'm not sure I like the changes.

What are the best / most gold efficient armor/hp and mr/hp items now? I never know what to buy in terms of defensive items.

it's probably randuins and adaptive helm respectively if you just want to be as tanky as possible, but the other ones all have situationally good passives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

eighty-four merc posted:

Man this game is a lot different since I stopped playing around season 3 or 4. As a former career Yi player I'm not sure I like the changes.

What are the best / most gold efficient armor/hp and mr/hp items now? I never know what to buy in terms of defensive items.

njsykora posted:

Armor+HP you want either Righteous Glory or Sunfire Cape depending on your desire to charge into a fight followed by a Warmog's Armor if you're at 2200 HP, MR+HP is Spirit Visage and Abyssal Mask.

I never, ever see Sunfire anymore, Thornmail has completely eclipsed it. Deadman's plate and Randuin's are also better generic armour items because they have extra utility. Righteous glory isn't very efficient for defensive stats either, as you pay a lot for the active and for the mana (it's still very good, but more situational).

Also adaptive helm is very good if you know the champs it's good vs. ( i.e. sustained magic dmg dealers like Corki, Cassiopeia, Teemo, etc.).

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Firebert posted:

I never, ever see Sunfire anymore, Thornmail has completely eclipsed it. Deadman's plate and Randuin's are also better generic armour items because they have extra utility. Righteous glory isn't very efficient for defensive stats either, as you pay a lot for the active and for the mana (it's still very good, but more situational).

Also adaptive helm is very good if you know the champs it's good vs. ( i.e. sustained magic dmg dealers like Corki, Cassiopeia, Teemo, etc.).

Sunfire Cape is still good if you're a big tanky monster who wants wade into a fight and dump a shitton of CC on everybody, it's not as point-for-point good on everyone these days but it's still got a lot of niche to it. Dead Man's is probably the better overall "I need a Single Tank Item" for melee.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Sunfire is for when you need tank stats and waveclear and don't want to get hydra. With the introduction of titanic hydra a lot of traditional sunfire cape builders switch between the items depending on the patch/matchup. I've seen Shens get both at once.
Thornmail is a pretty direct counter to a lot of meta top laners right now so it's much more popular to rush.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I've played a few games with and against kaisa and what from I've seen so far she needs to get ahead to play the mid game safely but also is bullied very easily in lane.

All the good and popular poke supports especially really give her a hard time.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Camel Camus posted:

I've played a few games with and against kaisa and what from I've seen so far she needs to get ahead to play the mid game safely but also is bullied very easily in lane.

All the good and popular poke supports especially really give her a hard time.

she's very support heavy - one with multiple effects that proc her passive (leona) or ones on fairly short CD give her a big boost in trades early. If she doesn't have a support that can heal through poke or let her get the extra damage from her passive then she has a significantly harder time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
She's literally Vayne that somehow got access to a lane-long tumble.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Herbotron posted:

Sunfire is for when you need tank stats and waveclear and don't want to get hydra. With the introduction of titanic hydra a lot of traditional sunfire cape builders switch between the items depending on the patch/matchup. I've seen Shens get both at once.
Thornmail is a pretty direct counter to a lot of meta top laners right now so it's much more popular to rush.

Sunfire also procs phase rush.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

She's literally Vayne that somehow got access to a lane-long tumble.

otoh she doesnt have a stun

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Endorph posted:

otoh she doesnt have a stun
Are most Vayne mains aware that Vayne has a stun

Orv
May 4, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Are most Vayne mains aware that Vayne has a stun

Sure, they just never hit it.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also unlike Vayne, Kai’Sa has a legitimate case for building attack speed.

Seriously, the first pubby Vayne I encounter rushes Zeal first into pure attack speed. Even after seven years I guess some things never change. :negative:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
i don't think kaisa wants to build nothing but attack speed either..

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Siets posted:

Also unlike Vayne, Kai’Sa has a legitimate case for building attack speed.

Seriously, the first pubby Vayne I encounter rushes Zeal first into pure attack speed. Even after seven years I guess some things never change. :negative:

It's pretty common these days for Vayne players to go first item Statikk

https://lolalytics.com/ranked/kr/platinum/plus/champion/Vayne/ADC/

The only real damage item they get is IE

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Teikanmi posted:

It's pretty common these days for Vayne players to go first item Statikk

https://lolalytics.com/ranked/kr/platinum/plus/champion/Vayne/ADC/

The only real damage item they get is IE

Right, but Shiv into RFC without so much as a BFS in between is dumb as dogshit

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I could see shiv into recurve bow looking like 100% AS and dumb, but then into BoRK as a thing to do

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

They change it so often, does the Tumble bonus damage benefit from Crit currently?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
No the bonus AD crit is still gone which was what broke her in season 6

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Irelia login theme preview with accompanying splash art. Riot's music team knocks it out of the park again, as usual.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Shame it's not an empty dish that flies back.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Placating the deviants I see.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Kai'sa is my new favorite champion

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

CubeTheory posted:

Pi'zza is my new favorite champion

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Ahhh thats a nice round za!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Is there any way to play a replay file after it no longer shows up in your match history in the client?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

Is there any way to play a replay file after it no longer shows up in your match history in the client?

I believe you can double click on a file that's still within the current patch in your Replays folder to play it, but I haven't checked in a while. Any file that's not on the current patch won't play, period. It's good practice to either record your games with something like PlaysTV or at least record the replay after the fact if you want to hold them on for longer review.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Firebert posted:

Righteous glory isn't very efficient for defensive stats either, as you pay a lot for the active and for the mana (it's still very good, but more situational).
The main problem with Righteous Glory is its item slot efficiency (really bad, it's cheap and has a wide stat spread), rather than its gold efficiency. Taken as it is, RG is 100% gold efficient. Without the mana, it is still 84% gold efficient (compared to DMP's 80% at 0 stacks). All of the armour/health tank items fall around 75% - 85% gold efficiency in terms of raw defensive stats, and this includes RG.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Toplane Gragas is legit the most fun I've had playing this game in a long time. He's very solid against most of the durdly melee dudes that show up up there a lot and late game he's absurdly beefy and disruptive.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

The Shortest Path posted:

Toplane Gragas is legit the most fun I've had playing this game in a long time. He's very solid against most of the durdly melee dudes that show up up there a lot and late game he's absurdly beefy and disruptive.
I tried him in the jungle once after getting the arctic skin and it felt awful and I never played him since. How do you build him?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gray Matter posted:

I tried him in the jungle once after getting the arctic skin and it felt awful and I never played him since. How do you build him?

AP tank and he is kind of weird to play, it is sort of like drunken fist in the way it flows, your movement is very weird but has lots of powerful bursts to it(body slam + the barrel slam) and there is some timing in throwing the barrels. try it in customs a bit to get a feel for the kinaesthetics

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gray Matter posted:

I've been building him just straight tank, his bases are really respectable especially on his E, which I max first except against ranged dudes where I take barrel, though picking him into those seems like a generally bad idea.

The items I get and in what order depend on my lane opponent but all of the hp+armor and hp+mr items are situationally good it seems like. I usually start sunfire.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

For those who have no yet seen it, Irelia teaser trailer is out.

Based on all the dashes and particle effects I assert she is Female Yasuo with More Swords.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
E: f;b
New Irelia looks irritating

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Why does she have one of Kayne's skills. Like it looks exactly the same visually.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I sure can't wait for everyone and their mother to be playing Yet Another Dashy rear end in a top hat With Short Duration Invulnerability

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sexpansion posted:

Why does she have one of Kayne's skills. Like it looks exactly the same visually.

lol what?

She's fighting a Kayn early in the trailer

And the red lines are the path the blades will return and it's way longer and has sparkles and a big blade at the end

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Sign me the gently caress up.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Best champion aesthetics in a while, she looks amazing and her theme is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

Best champion aesthetics in a while, she looks amazing and her theme is fantastic

Yeah, I think they really nailed the kit and aesthetics this time. Looks like a loving blast to play. Can't wait to see the full details tomorrow.