Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

credburn posted:

Ah, hell, you are right. It's not like I'm going to change the way videos are exported by bitching about my personal preference.

Regarding more of my lag issues, here is another recent example of the weird maybe-lag that's giving me so much grief.

https://streamable.com/v8fg8

Don't trust the point of aim in replays or death cams. They can be several inches off.

I don't have any real advice for your aim problem but have you checked that you're playing on the correct region server? Right-hand lower corner of the lobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This game is at it's best when it's 30 minutes of current events chit-chat over Discord

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I mean watching that replay it doesn't look like you hit him at all or even aimed at him. IF you decide to shoot at someone stop moving take a breath irl and then shoot. If you're going to open up full auto like that aim more center of mass below their head instead of right above and behind.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also, some good advice given earlier in the thread that helped me: don't be afraid to stop firing after a burst of a few rounds and re-center your aim.
The rest of that magazine is useless if you don't hit with it, so if you miss the first couple shots, stop firing for a sec. It probably won't kill you, and you'll hit more bullets that way.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

You desperately need to drop school and Hacienda/Pecado 30 times in a row

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I mean watching that replay it doesn't look like you hit him at all or even aimed at him. IF you decide to shoot at someone stop moving take a breath irl and then shoot. If you're going to open up full auto like that aim more center of mass below their head instead of right above and behind.

Besides that yeah, I'm kind of a spaz and generally suck, what happened on my screen originally was that the red dot stayed around him the whole time, but in the replay as soon as I start firing I veer to the left. Originally, when I switched weapons, I probably didn't hit him effectively, but I did at least keep him in the reticule. In the replay, I'm like three meters above his head the whole time. The same for the pistol.

I know I am not good, but I'm not blind. I think this is my problem; my computer is telling the server that this is how I'm playing, which is why I can't seem to hit anything ever.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Stop moving when you shoot. That is literally the only real piece of advice you need based on that clip.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 18, 2018

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Lex Neville posted:

Stop moving when you shoot. That is literally the only real piece of advice you need based on that clip.

Seconding this because I always forget and wiggle around like an idiot until I get shot to death

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

credburn posted:

https://streamable.com/v8fg8

(I know I'm not really that good. I understand my poor skill is likely one of the factors I die so often, but it doesn't explain why I can't ever hit anything.)

It explains exactly why you can't hit anything. Stop holding W and left click at the same time. Stop, take aim, fire, strafe, fire. Stop holding W and left click.

E: On another note, I just had an 11 kill squad 4th place. Mainly me by myself at the end killing. But holy poo poo, the guy who won it was a solo squad guy: 0 Kills, 630 damage. What an amazing dinner for that guy.

E2: Holy poo poo he's not very good and it was his first dinner ever. https://pubg.op.gg/user/Slipknot0510?server=na

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 18, 2018

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Mash posted:

You desperately need to drop school and Hacienda/Pecado 30 times in a row

Those drops are an acquired taste, it's several minutes queuing for a deathmatch where you've got a good chance of dying before you even have a loaded weapon in your hands

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

Those drops are an acquired taste, it's several minutes queuing for a deathmatch where you've got a good chance of dying before you even have a loaded weapon in your hands

thats the point

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You will never magically become good at fighting if you don’t fight.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dropping Hacienda/School is a dice roll on whether you'll even get a chance to fight before being gunned down.Unless you actively enjoy RNG brawls I'd say it's better to learn dropping at nearby major settlements where you have a reasonable chance of getting thirty seconds looting done and having a gun in your hand before you run into anyone.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Dropping school is good practice at parachuting to get the fastest and more accurate descent. Also you don’t have to land on the roof, just jumping in a window from ground floor might be easier and better for surviving past 10 seconds.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

VulgarandStupid posted:

You will never magically become good at fighting if you don’t fight.

My many hours in aim_usp beg to differ

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
I mean you don't have to do the super super hot spots, I just don't suggest jumping to the middle of nowhere. There are semi-active spots like Novo, yas, Power plant / power grid, san martin, ect. that will provide good early game combat with less chance of dying before getting a gun.

I rotate between the super hot spots and the above whenever I feel like a change, seems to work and I'm rarely alone at any of those places.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I kind of like when I die super quick in squads but my teammates don't. I get to pretend I'm dispatch and direct everyone around. Wish that there was more you could do though, like being able to draw on the map or see player inventories.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

drunken officeparty posted:

I kind of like when I die super quick in squads but my teammates don't. I get to pretend I'm dispatch and direct everyone around. Wish that there was more you could do though, like being able to draw on the map or see player inventories.

i use this time to play on my switch or read

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i use this time to play on my switch or read

I use this time to have wonderful conversations in Discord with Three-Phase

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I usually just work on my suicide note.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
My squad and I stick to the rule of 50: If more than 50 players are alive when the first person from the squad dies, everyone rambos in like retards, die as fast as they can and we requeue. If less than 50 players are remaining, the survivors keep playing. It generally works out well, in that deaths during initial parachuting and looting don't suck, whereas any round that is starting to look good doesn't get halted by a death.

The downside is that all my friends are retards who have yet to realize that throwing your body in the way to try to save a downed teammate is 100% worth it in the early game when we play by the rule of 50. If the round effectively ends when the first person dies, there's no reason to play safe and save yourself while the downed guy ticks out.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Sound is driving me crazy. Often I don't hear someone coming up right next to me. But then it seems like my steps give me away no matter what. I hate how someone hiding in a house can hear you the entire time as you get near even if crouch walking or prone. Unless the replays are super off with their sound, it seems my steps give me away as I'm flanking someone just before I get the drop where as I can't hear them as they're moving towards me.

Died for 7 place when I heard someone running on the other side of a shack, so I stopped and went to the front to cut him off. He heard me, though, and went running back around behind and I didn't hear a thing. I've got good headphones. My latency sucks, so I know that's some factor. Mostly, I've found that you can't rely on stealthy stuff much but rather have to be aggressive when assaulting a place. Sadly I don't have the reflexes to do so most of the time.

I also had a network lag message pop up which froze me place. I could hear gunfire and vehicles driving nearby, as well as see the red zone get placed over me and the blue zone count down and then move in. I ended up force quitting the game after 30 seconds and rejoining to luckily have survived with enough time to first aid so I didn't die to the zone. I don't get why the game functioned around me still while I was frozen in place unable to do anything.

My final circle performance is still bad, but I'm surviving hot drops to start better so that's some improvement.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

So I've finally uninstalled this dumb loving game, kept trying to play it for a few rounds but wasn't enjoying it, played one on Saturday and on my 2nd or 3rd game I got headshotted by a hacker while on a motorbike and just said gently caress it.

poo poo game. If they ever sort out the hacker problem and generally get this game to a stage of minimal jank (lol, right) then I might give it another go but for now gently caress this poo poo.

Whelp that's my story. Bye.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 19, 2018

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.

WhatEvil posted:

So I've finally uninstalled this dumb loving game, kept trying to play it for a few rounds but wasn't enjoying it, played one on Saturday and on my 2nd or 3rd game I got headshotted by a hacker while on a motorbike and just said gently caress it.

poo poo game. If they ever sort out the hacker problem and generally get this game to a stage of minimal jank (lol, right) then I might give it another go but for now gently caress this poo poo.

The game's been a really entertaining piece of burning garbage ever since the beginning of early access. We recommend adapting your playstyle to make the jank work in your favor.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Honestly the only way I ended up having fun with this lately was by playing Cars Only but then you can't get on the right loving map and sometimes have to go through 10x Miramar queues to get onto Erangel so gently caress it.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

WhatEvil posted:

Cool.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

WhatEvil posted:

So I've finally uninstalled this dumb loving game

See you in the next big BR franchise, whenever that hits!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

See you in the next big BR franchise, whenever that hits!

The next big BR franchise is fortnite and it's also really bad

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I wish I had friends to play this game with :saddowns:
I got used to playing solo and now solely drop Pecado/Hacienda/Pochinki (gently caress school it sucks).

I think I'm getting better but not very fast, I have a 0.9 K/D or something.
Maybe you guys have some pointers but I noticed lately something I really struggle is to manage to play correctly when the other person heard you. This is very prevalent in Pochinki, most of the time I know there is a player in a certain home but I have a hard time playing this person correctly in order to be able to kill. Some players are really loving good at that, making jedi mind tricks on you and forcing you to jump out or move where they can see you. I'm not sure how you get better at it. When you watch Shroud it looks so loving easy.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Le0 posted:

I got used to playing solo and now solely drop Pecado/Hacienda/Pochinki (gently caress school it sucks).

Maybe you guys have some pointers but I noticed lately something I really struggle is to manage to play correctly when the other person heard you. This is very prevalent in Pochinki, most of the time I know there is a player in a certain home but I have a hard time playing this person correctly in order to be able to kill. Some players are really loving good at that, making jedi mind tricks on you and forcing you to jump out or move where they can see you. I'm not sure how you get better at it. When you watch Shroud it looks so loving easy.

You're already doing better than most goons, some of whom have been playing since launch. Make sure you are using headphones and have it all set to Stereo, none of those fake surround options. You can also join the Discord in the OP to get some goons to play with.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Bohemian Nights posted:

The next big BR franchise is fortnite and it's also really bad

Fortnite BR is not going to kill PUBG. Two different audiences. The only thing that kills PUBG is the combination of two things:
1. Another game that can attract its audience. By that, I mean the semi-grognards, ie us, who want a slow-paced experience with limb damage, realistic fall damage, realistic ballistics, one-shot sniper kills, terrifying moments in improperly cleared buildings, etc. Basically the ARMA-lite that is PUBG and was H1Z1.
2. Bluehole's continued poor support for the PUBG user community, with not opening up for mods, not having practice levels, not new game modes, continued messed up vehicle physics, poor tournament setups (for the audience) etc.

I predict that as long as we don't have (1), then (2) will not be enough to kill PUBG. It's still too much fun despite being so crap in so many ways. We're not all going to switch to a cartoon-physics shooter because we're hard-core, and casual games are just not us, you know?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly, i think there's audience overlap between Fortnite and PUBG but people are probably just gonna play both

Fortnite is what you pick up if you just want some arcadey bullshit, PUBG is what you pick up if you wanna do tryhard Arma stuff, I'm personally into both depending on my mood :shrug:

e: so, should I sell crates or open them? I can get pretty much a guaranteed ~75 cents ish from selling a crate, but it seems like some of the items have a way higher potential return.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Those items are high potential for a reason: literally a 1/10000 chance. I sell crates if they’re over a dollar or whatever and open them for fun if they’re below that.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

FWIW I'm not starting to play Fortnite now I've ditched PUBG. I just won't play a BR game unless Bluehole get their poo poo together (which has about a 1% chance of ever happening) or somebody else comes out with a contender, but even then I'm not like super desperate to be playing BR games.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

WhatEvil posted:

FWIW I'm not starting to play Fortnite now I've ditched PUBG. I just won't play a BR game unless Bluehole get their poo poo together (which has about a 1% chance of ever happening) or somebody else comes out with a contender, but even then I'm not like super desperate to be playing BR games.

Cool.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

VulgarandStupid posted:

You're already doing better than most goons, some of whom have been playing since launch. Make sure you are using headphones and have it all set to Stereo, none of those fake surround options. You can also join the Discord in the OP to get some goons to play with.

Chocotaco uses 7.1 and he's a wizard and location footsteps. Conversely I use stereo and I can't place people to save my life.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Fortnite will never be a replacement for me because I can't do TPP. However, it's not like PUBG is going anywhere at all, it's still doing about 3x the CCU/Hours played compared to CSGO and DOTA2 on a daily basis. it doesn't seem like the slow roll of content / perceived hacker problem is hurting Pubg much, the steam numbers just recently had the first drop, but i'm wondering if Mobile stats are included in the steam numbers, or if CN users are just transitioning away from PC to Phone.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

willroc7 posted:

Chocotaco uses 7.1 and he's a wizard and location footsteps.

He does not, unless he changed that very recently. He has said repeatedly on stream that the game does not support surround(?).

fargom posted:

However, it's not like PUBG is going anywhere at all, it's still doing about 3x the CCU/Hours played compared to CSGO and DOTA2 on a daily basis.
Exactly.

fargom posted:

[....]the steam numbers just recently had the first drop, but i'm wondering if Mobile stats are included in the steam numbers, or if CN users are just transitioning away from PC to Phone.

I don't know about a "drop". Not a very big one anyway.
http://steamcharts.com/app/578080

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Le0 posted:

My biggest jump in K/D was learning how to play people in cities. I went from ~0.75 to ~1.6 1.4 :argh: K/D by loving around with people in cities. I learned the layouts and tried to trace a route to where the enemy most likely is without letting the enemy hear me. It's not hard to outposition the enemy in a city, it has more to do with knowing the layout and where to expect them than to do with reflexes because I'm slow as hell.

You can usually spot open doors from way beyond footstep range, from there it's easy to pinpoint where the enemy should be. You walk around and position yourself somewhere where they can't hear you. If they see or hear don't let yourself be mind tricked into anything, just don't ever put yourself into a position that will force a stalemate and make impossible for you to leave without being shot or waste time.

If that happens once then keep in mind of where you were, why it happened, and don't repeat the same mistake.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 20, 2018