Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

Felix drawing out a long uhhhh is asmr to me

Me when white dudes vocal fry: :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

“deadmau5 in the Art Spiegelman sense”

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

This is what I usually think of when I see vlogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8uM0zOBuSw

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pomplamoose posted:

“deadmau5 in the Art Spiegelman sense”

"You can cut that, but it was really good."

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Wide dick William guest spot on premium Struggle Session episode talking Lovecraft.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Me when white dudes vocal fry: :gizz:

Felix is white?!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/CobraKeiser/status/975069042477293569

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/975097015297175552

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lol. what did she do?

nevermind, doesn't matter. she's lawyer with a political science degree, you can't keep them down for long.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Oh poo poo was she the original Lawyer with a Political Science Degree??

What a legend.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/975350782177566720

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/karengeier/status/975377598393044994

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/975411310228746241

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

liz bruenig deletes all her tweets after like 15 minutes, next time screenshot it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

padijun posted:

liz bruenig deletes all her tweets after like 15 minutes, next time screenshot it

Well, poo poo. I wish I had memory so I could remember what it was about. I remember thinking it was good.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I absolutely adore Karl Pilkington so I feel basically the same way. I use to think Ricky was funny and whatnot years ago, but he's so cringe-inducing now it's ridiculous.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

he somehow became a permanent 2008-style gbs guy in like 2013. wild stuff.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

prefect posted:

Well, poo poo. I wish I had memory so I could remember what it was about. I remember thinking it was good.

I want to say it was about Jordan Peterson but I'm not positive

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
the funniest and saddest thing about the last decade or so of Ricky Gervais' career is how much he's become the kind of thin-skinned vapid self-serious celeb he used to habitually make fun of in his old xfm shows (where Karl pilkington came into the picture)

Jesus Christ those shows are almost 20 years old now

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CaptainJuan posted:

It was about Jordan Peterson rambling about how men can't hit women. Her basic point was that it's extremely bizarre how often men come up with these fantasies of getting in physical fights with people all the time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

CaptainJuan posted:

Of I'm remembering the right one she capped a passage quoted in the Current Affairs piece about Peterson where he laments that he can't beat up women who criticize him and she remarks that this is weird.

efb

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bryter posted:

the funniest and saddest thing about the last decade or so of Ricky Gervais' career is how much he's become the kind of thin-skinned vapid self-serious celeb he used to habitually make fun of in his old xfm shows (where Karl pilkington came into the picture)

Jesus Christ those shows are almost 20 years old now

The Office, Extras, and everything with Pilkington in it were co-written with Stephen Merchant.

Ricky's stand up specials..... were not.

:thunk:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I gave up on Ricky Gervais when he started a special by making GBS threads on fat people for 15 minutes. Not being funny or joking or anything humorous, just saying over and over that he really hates fat people.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/975223178380435456

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Antares posted:

he somehow became a permanent 2008-style gbs guy in like 2013. wild stuff.

it would have been cooler if he became a 2003 gbs guy who was constantly telling stories about making GBS threads himself

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

padijun posted:

it would have been cooler if he became a 2003 gbs guy who was constantly telling stories about making GBS threads himself

lol

Recently I saw two different people make facebook posts about making GBS threads themselves and the posts weren't even structures as jokes/stories, just "well, I poo poo myself today, but it's important to be honest with yourself and even laugh at yourself from time to time." and I'm thinking, ok, but that doesn't mean you have to tell everyone.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
of all the 'desperately wants to be Carlin but isn't even close' guys Ricky's probably the most all around untalented and unfunny. At least most others have A good joke.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was about Jordan Peterson rambling about how men can't hit women. Her basic point was that it's extremely bizarre how often men come up with these fantasies of getting in physical fights with people all the time.

I don't think it's weird at all?

Who doesn't love a good dust-up?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I don't think it's weird at all?

Who doesn't love a good dust-up?

yeah no it's actually pretty hosed up

speaking of gervais my mum actually told me she saw that special recently and that she liked it, so now I'm thinking about getting her checked you know, she's getting old, can't be too careful

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

cat doter posted:

yeah no it's actually pretty hosed up

speaking of gervais my mum actually told me she saw that special recently and that she liked it, so now I'm thinking about getting her checked you know, she's getting old, can't be too careful

Wanting to punch a woman out of sole weird sense of fairness is hosed up

Giving Jordan Peterson the Stone Cold Stunner would be extremely righteous

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
well it would be as righteous as destroying any crypto-fascist shithead but for the average dude thinking violence is an ever present option is a really toxic attitude imo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

sexpig by night posted:

of all the 'desperately wants to be Carlin but isn't even close' guys Ricky's probably the most all around untalented and unfunny. At least most others have A good joke.
I like how Lewis Black just recreated Carlin's procession from "bitterly funny" to "just bitterly ranting" in fast-motion.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ricky gervais was never funny it was all merchant and he doesn't get enough credit because gervais is a loudmouthed attention whore and merchant works instead.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Exodus1984 posted:

If there were a way to screen guests and prevent people from going on the podcast who use the word "like" every other word, that would be wonderful.

I shut this ep off halfway through, dude needs to stick to writing

Instead I listened to the Rex Tillerson retrospective, which is loving aces

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I genuinely didn't notice Noah Kulwin saying "like" even after reading this thread and I found him pretty insightful.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
maybe noticing somebody is saying 'like' a lot is like noticing how many people's posts contain a paragraph that begins with "Hell,"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Seams posted:

maybe noticing somebody is saying 'like' a lot is like noticing how many people's posts contain a paragraph that begins with "Hell,"

So,

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
'Like' used to bother me and then I realized that it's no different than 'umm' or 'hmm' and that those are important parts of human speech and without them everyone sounds like loving Tony Robbins or something so they're important and good and you can choose to not be a huge dork and get annoyed by a pattern that's be an essential element of communication since we learned how to scratch our rear end with a stick.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

if you genuinely have a real hate-boner for people saying "like" a bunch you probably also have strong opinions on a bunch of other things no one loving cares about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
The intro to 194 is loving incredible lmao