Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

"Hunt down the Greens saboteurs, says Di Natale"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Half tempted to join the Greens again just so I can get a better view at the bloodbath.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I think Bhathal would be better to have in parliament than Ged, but Jesus Christ is Ged a huge upgrade on Feeney, also maybe just maybe the greens learn that they don’t have to be contrarian to labor policy just for the sake of it (imo the ship has long since sailed on the possibility of the alp not being needlessly hostile towards the greens)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anidav posted:

Batman has always and will always be part of the people’s republic of melbourne, one nation indivisible.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/Paul_Karp/status/975545502954545153?s=19

It has to be Christensen right? He looks like a guy with poor hygiene.

e: Crap just realised it was senators, ok so who do we think is most likely leaving the mess?

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

It's Ian MacDonald, easy.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Dimebag posted:

https://twitter.com/Paul_Karp/status/975545502954545153?s=19

It has to be Christensen right? He looks like a guy with poor hygiene.

e: Crap just realised it was senators, ok so who do we think is most likely leaving the mess?

This transgression of Senator lleyonhjelms right to use the bathroom as he sees fit violates the nonaggression principle

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Whitlam posted:

The Batman campaign was the final straw: why I quit the Greens.

"I disapprove of party in-fighting and leaking. That's why I'm writing a piece in The Age about how bad and toxic it is and why I'm quitting."

Yeah it's time to join a party without infighting and leaking such as:
Labor
Liberal
National
One Nation
Palmer United
Bullet train?

Also isn't forcing Labor to run a left candidate a win for the greens irrespective of outcomes? Labor not being able to coast in with right wing shitheads is a good result overall right?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

good

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Richard Di Natale calls for purge after Greens defeat in Batman byelection

He needs to change the parties governing ethics if he wants to enact that policy.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
http://reneweconomy.com.au/marshalls-first-promise-as-sa-premier-kill-tesla-battery-plan-68601/

First thing the libs do after getting power in SA is screwing over the poor. Typical.

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Just why? How does fighting the battery plant help you at all? Surely none of your campaign donors are loosing money to it? So why, other than spite and a hatred for anything that isn't coal/gas combustion, bother ffs. They must know they will end up regretting it?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Tokamak posted:

He needs to change the parties governing ethics if he wants to enact that policy.

yeah he needs to lose the egalitarian ethic and adopt an autocratic authority

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
After 12 entire months of membership, this green has had enough

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

quote:

The Machiavellian power play behind the scenes of the Greens’ campaign for Batman was aptly compared to TV political drama House of Cards in The Age last week.

FRANK CARDS: Ah think that leakin the transcript of this meetin will destabilise ah agenda

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The Greens, like every political party, is full of self-serving troglodytes.

Like me for example

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

JBP posted:

I'm pretty sure they're all as "fresh" as you can get. I actually feel really bad for Weatherill since he seems like one of the only politicians in the game with an actual vision, rather than just trying to win for the sake of winning or defending business interests. I enjoyed his tenacity and take no poo poo attitude and it sucks that the state didn't get another term of him trying to achieve some good stuff.

Weatherill made me feel whatever the opposite of shame is about SA. The absolutely only silver lining to this is that Xenophon also got told where to stick it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant posted:

Weatherill made me feel whatever the opposite of shame is about SA. The absolutely only silver lining to this is that Xenophon also got told where to stick it.

The feeling you're looking for is "less shame". I'm pretty sure that's the opposite.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Pipingshrike gets to almost Andrew Elder-levels of cynicism

But in a nutshell I think he has it right, Elder will have harsher things to say of course. It's not that SA Best was...weird or that the Greens fought their internal battles as an election strategy. Those are the narratives the media and the major parties would prefer you follow.

The story of why the ALP got a swing against it of 7% vs the victorious SA Libs, is the continuing trend that must not be named. Pipingshrike is being generous by calling that "passive" reporting, but really it's a minimising strategy by the mainstream media and the majors themselves. Whatever we think of minor parties, the take-home message should be that they're attracting voters away from the majors by voters in search of a different deal, and as long as the establishment keeps denying them that deal, the more will drain away.

I get that returning the Libs in SA seems like deliberate self-sabotage by voters, but people don't cast a vote that they think will hurt them, it's the result of disenchantment with both majors and the way the preferential system works. Also blaming the electorate in this way is just shoring up the self-image of the majors who cannot imagine in any way that a minor party might attract votes from their adoring followers. The Greens infighting in Batman was immature and destructive, but 7% less voters voted ALP, and they cannot twist that into a victory particularly with a Pyrrhic 1% margin.

Whatever, I'm sure other states are about to benefit from an exodus of experienced advisers and other political apparatchiks from the Liberal pyre in SA and the ALP will continue to lose support in the cities.

edit: ALP vote was said by Pipingshrike to have gone up by 7%, i got that confused with the SA vote. The latest AEC tally shows a swing towards of only 3.2%.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 19, 2018

a man of vision
Mar 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

asio posted:

Every person in every political party thinks they're in game of thrones/house of cards and is watching for the "enemy within".
it's anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You guys ever think that the media is playing the long game and will get Bill in the PM chair just so they can unload on him and allow for Dutton to be able to sit on his throne of refugee skulls?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tony Abbott... talk about your Bad Eggs

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

ewe2 posted:

The Greens infighting in Batman was immature and destructive, but 7% less voters voted ALP, and they cannot twist that into a victory particularly with a Pyrrhic 1% margin..
Uh, the ALP primary went up and they had a swing towards them in Batman though?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Tony Abbott... talk about your Bad Eggs

actually the best movie of all time

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
But what does this mean for Kevin Rudd's leadership ambitions?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can anyone explain what is going on in the greens with a Game of Thrones metaphor?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Can anyone explain what is going on in the greens with a Game of Thrones metaphor?

A bunch of dumb boring incest poo poo, also intolerable foodies writing the stuff

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Tasmantor posted:

Just why? How does fighting the battery plant help you at all? Surely none of your campaign donors are loosing money to it? So why, other than spite and a hatred for anything that isn't coal/gas combustion, bother ffs. They must know they will end up regretting it?

The battery has killed profits from gas peaker plants, since they don't need to spin up as quickly the surge price on power is much lower and the battery is killing the power cartel.

Of course they want to stop any future batteries which would impact party doners.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

drunkill posted:

The battery has killed profits from gas peaker plants, since they don't need to spin up as quickly the surge price on power is much lower and the battery is killing the power cartel.

Of course they want to stop any future batteries which would impact party doners.

It seems so blatant

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

drunkill posted:

From reading the article it's less 'killing the battery' and more 'giving that money to Liberal voters instead' by turning it into a subsidy instead of installing a virtual battery power plant on state housing.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

didn’t see it mentioned: the federal court has ruled that the Queen’s letters to the vile saboteur John Kerr are to remain secret

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Konomex posted:

From reading the article it's less 'killing the battery' and more 'giving that money to Liberal voters instead' by turning it into a subsidy instead of installing a virtual battery power plant on state housing.

I meant the big tesla battery, not the household ones.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

drunkill posted:

I meant the big tesla battery, not the household ones.

The article is about the household ones. The "virtual powerplant" thing is the bit they cancelled which would have been "government owned" infrastructure on state housing with a discount given to residents (poor people that don't vilote for the libs)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

All I can think of when I see this is one of those low quality videos from ISIS where they threaten to nuke Manhattan or something

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

All I can think of when I see this is one of those low quality videos from ISIS where they threaten to nuke Manhattan or something

Pictured: The Greens threaten to form government.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I like how millennials can't frame anything outside of fantasy novels for kids so when they try to participate in an election and get screamed at by some lunatic campaigner who hasn't slept in a week they go off and make a bunch of complaints that their feelings got hurt and then tank the election

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

JBP posted:

I like how millennials can't frame anything outside of fantasy novels for kids so when they try to participate in an election and get screamed at by some lunatic campaigner who hasn't slept in a week they go off and make a bunch of complaints that their feelings got hurt and then tank the election

But Donald Trump is obviously Voldemort and Hillary and the democrats are dubledors army and and and and

Endman
May 18, 2010

Every time I see someone compare politics to Harry Potter or Game of Thrones I want to loving die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
No the greens are literally throwing journalists they sleep with in front of trains etc

• Locked thread