Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

roffles posted:

Thanks! I was under the impression that Emiya was a lot better than Carmilla from looking at some tier lists. I personally couldn't because I've just been letting support carry me through the first stage + tutorial :)

Whatever lists you're looking at is probably a JP list, because Emiya is currently not good without his upgrades.

Also you'll be flooded with good archers, especially since 3 stars Archers in general are all really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

roffles posted:

Thanks! I was under the impression that Emiya was a lot better than Carmilla from looking at some tier lists. I personally couldn't because I've just been letting support carry me through the first stage + tutorial :)

Both are top-notch in their class & rarity, but Emiya only hits that point after receiving two major buffs that NA doesn't have and won't get for a few months, while Carmilla is already great with only a few moderate buffs down the road.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Carm also gets a sickass animation update.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, the other thing is there are no real stand-out Assassins that aren't gold, while Archers and Lancers both have a number of excellent ones at lower rarity.

For Assassins there's really only Carmilla at 4* and Jack at 5* in terms of actual good (and available) Assassins. Everything at lower rarity is generally just usable at best, Stheno's gimmicky but generally bad, Shiki's an event servant from an event that won't be rerun for ~2 years, and MHX is a limited 5* that won't be realistically back for even longer (and mediocre). There will finally be some more non-locked gold Assassins coming soonish - Emiya (Alter) at 4*, and Shuten Douji at 5* - but that's for the future.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
EMIYA (Assassin) is Kiritsugu, not Shirou Alter or anything like that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

roffles posted:

Feel free to join us on the discord if you have questions, also, you're welcome to send a friend invite to me @ 340,733,980. The Ruler class Jeanne d'Arc I have in my All Support Slot can basically solo the 40AP Ember Gathering. It'll be a slow battle of attrition, but its a good way to get Gold XP embers for your servants and level your master level rapidly. As a bonus, since she doesn't need a CE to be able to solo 40AP Embers, I put a CE on her that will increase the amount of friend points you get, so you can roll the Friend Gatcha more often and start filling out your roster.

Good Bronze/Silver servants to look out for early on:

Saber: Caesar is a useful Saber when you lack gold sabers, decent combat power and his skills support his party well.
Archer: Any of them really, if you're only gonna level one silver Archer David is possibly the best overall in utility. Archer is a blessed class and has no bad servants.
Lancer: Fate Stay Night Cu Chullain (the one that stars with a red spear) is great
Caster: Andersen is an Amazing budget Support caster. Medea is a pretty good offensive caster once you can skill up her NP charge skill to level 4 for a first turn NP.
Assassin: You've got Carmilla, so you're well covered here, but Cursed Arm Hassan is potentially useful.
Rider: Ushiwakamaru is a good silver/3-star Rider, her skills support her party decently, and once she gets some NP levels her single-target Noble Phantasm hits surprisingly hard. Georgios is potentially pretty useful as a tank.
Berserker: You've got Vlad so you've got a great Berserker, but Lu Bu and Kiyohime are potentially useful Berserkers.

Also its fine to concentrate on other servants, but don't neglect Mas. As you progress through the story she gets stronger and stronger.

NEVER ROLL ON STORY SUMMON GACHA BANNER

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 19, 2018

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof

shot through the heart

and euryale to blame

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Fish Cake posted:

shot through the heart

and euryale to blame

Cu give love a bad name.

Just finished the chapter. Good end, good sendoff kouhai, noooooo! Even though I hadn't been planning on it, I did a 10-pull anyway for a celebration. Got Nightingale and Billy, which is exactly who I wanted out of that pull. Hopefully the desire sensor stays broken for at least a few more weeks.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
When Fuuma gets released, he's a great silver Assassin, though I'm not sure when that will happen.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Onigashima, IIRC

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fuuma is ridiculous, he shits almost as many stars as Jack, got him grailed to 80 on JP and no regrets.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

MonsieurChoc posted:

Fuuma is ridiculous, he shits almost as many stars as Jack, got him grailed to 80 on JP and no regrets.

And he even protects your heavy hitters if they don't have defenses of their own, too. Dude is super solid.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I think one of my favorite things about America so far is watching Mash wrangle the oddball servants. Like, she's dealt with so many whackjobs that it's just second nature to her at this point.

Ms. Nightingale, ending the war cures the disease. Nero and Liz? The Celts are stopping your true fans from being able to see you. Mr. Wick? Solomon killed your dog."

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That feel when you realize you burned silver Servants you hadn’t maxed yet out of habit.

:negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did a count on gender servants since I was curious on the divide and there are 83 male servants and 108 female servants, the male side counting Orion while the female side does not and I didn't count the other mecha eli in my count

Astolfo, D'eon, and Enkidu are all genderless except for some game purposes where they count as both, but they are not in my count

also did you know it's been 8 months since we had a 5* male servant

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 19, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

also did you know JPN just had an event dedicated entirely to the male Servants of FGO

with 0 new male Servants

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal posted:

also did you know it's been 8 months since we had a 5* male servant

No, but that feels like the amount of time it's been since I last pulled a 5*.

Why can't I pull more 5*s, why is my luck so lovely.

Baal, help me.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I haven't crunched numbers, but I bet the rarity ratio favors women at the higher rarities too. :v:

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
And we haven't even done the Tsukihime collab yet.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Where is Saber Diarmuid

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hate-Senpai posted:

No, but that feels like the amount of time it's been since I last pulled a 5*.

Why can't I pull more 5*s, why is my luck so lovely.

Baal, help me.

I can't help you

No one can help you

Only the gacha can help you and it never helps, it only hurts

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I haven't crunched numbers, but I bet the rarity ratio favors women at the higher rarities too. :v:

I think one look at these will tell you that

How many bronze and silvers can you piece out of that second one compared to the first?

And before someone says something, yes I removed the bosses from my count

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 19, 2018

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I changed that second image as I realized there was poo poo in there people most likely don't wanna see, sorry if you caught an eye of that before I fixed it.

And the first as well, forgot about those two.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 19, 2018

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm impressed that the ratio was pretty even up to the end of Part 1 actually, like eyeballing it it looks more or less 50/50.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Is there a reason Merlin and KH are counted twice?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are support variants during a part of the game before they are properly summonable.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
16 of the 25 difference is due to the summer servants being female only. If would be far more even if they'd made half of the summer servants male.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
a new arthur costumes count as a new servant, right

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
OK, that's America done, now where's my Edison v Tesla All-Genius Wrestling spinoff game?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finished America last night. Great Singularity. Mash :ohdear:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Besides Euryale, Orion, Lancer Tamamo, Carmilla, and Jack what are the other "damage is increased against males/females" servants? Damage specifically, since of course there are non-damaging anti-gender skills like Charm spread around.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Medb's gimmick is anti male and bryhilder basically gets a damage boosts against all males.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Captain Baal posted:

How many bronze and silvers can you piece out of that second one compared to the first?
The hell? Is Mata Hari the only Bronze female servant??

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

RanKizama posted:

The hell? Is Mata Hari the only Bronze female servant??

Right now, yeah. There's also Paul Bunyan eventually.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Thuryl posted:

Right now, yeah. There's also Paul Bunyan eventually.

Speaking of, when Paul Bunyan is released, is she as hard to get as Avenger in the FP summons?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

AtheistMantis posted:

Speaking of, when Paul Bunyan is released, is she as hard to get as Avenger in the FP summons?

She's a welfare Servant, not an addition to the FP summoning pool.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Diarmuid not being anti-female is a weird choice

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

threw my day seven log in ticket at the banner, got Helena.

thank you for your pity game

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tae posted:

Medb's gimmick is anti male and bryhilder basically gets a damage boosts against all males.

Medb's gimmick is being anti-Merlin for the eventual Merlin boss fight.

Repeatedly kicking Merlin in the balls is a gimmick I fully support.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Medb is both anti male and male support.

Tired Moritz posted:

Diarmuid not being anti-female is a weird choice

Blame Zero for not doing more than a token effort on that front. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would say if you gave him a passive that was chance to charm female units once per turn it would be too good, but not only does Diarmuid suck they would prob give it some astronomically low chance of hitting.