Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Alter Ego posted:

If he was going to fire Rosenstein (and by extension fire Mueller) he would have done so by now.

Unless he's bought Ty Cobb's ludicrous poo poo. Which the access reporting continues to take as a strong possibility.

This also discounts the idea that Trump genuinely believes he is safe, but is coming to the conclusion that the investigation will find things on Jared, Ivanka, his sons, etc.
https://twitter.com/KumaBearzo/status/975201560165789697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

axeil posted:

The appeasement mentality in retail needs to die. I'd be loving mortified if I asked if the bar was open and it resulted in someone who was about to go home having to re-open the bar and make me a drink.

That wasn't a rat, it was a "flavor creature". They poo poo pure umami.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Asema posted:

Somebody run down what happens once he fires Mueller for me because I can't put an ounce of faith into the spineless cowards in congress.

Congress is supposed to impeach him.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

If he was going to fire Rosenstein (and by extension fire Mueller) he would have done so by now.

I don't know - the constant "The investigation should wrap up soon," stuff from his lawyers, in tandem with all of these tweets, it feels like something is going to happen.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Infrastructure week!

A "WITCH HUNT!" tweet usually guarantees some Mueller news a few hours later. I love Mueller news

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Vladimir Putin posted:

Yes all true. Which is why I’m not saying it’s bad. I’m saying it’s different.

Like, "did you know fortune cookies aren't chinese at all and the fortune part comes from a Japanese holiday tradition and the food part is just american crackers with sugar" is kinda good trivia, but any time anyone turns it into 'and that is why I don't eat there and only eat in 'authentic' restaurants' is dumb, the whole is big now, everyone eats weird mixes of their culture's traditions and bunches of borrowed alterations. Like it's not like food stopped evolving in the year 1300 and everyone eats only traditional stuff. Everyone in egypt eats pasta all the time even though that is from italy. And there are a bunch of uniquely Egyptian Italian dishes. Italian food marked by eating tomatoes from peru that only got there late. is Mumbai india has a whole thing about being in love with western style bread but has been eating it that way since they were a trading partner of the portuguese hundreds of years ago. Everyone in Japan eats indian curry nonstop and curry is England's favorite thing, and both are totally different foods from each other and from curry in india. Japan also eats american hotdogs but adds seaweed to the mix and american hotdogs are really german sausages but are called wieners because they are made in germany's idea of what vienna eats.

No food is authentic and you shouldn't ever worry about it beyond it being a neat thing to know.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freeasinbeer posted:

Since we are both in Baltimore, is there any decent Chinese places? I’ve had no luck so far.

how far are you willing to travel like is essex within your travel range or like what

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Koalas March posted:

If there wasn't a beer there I would assume those were some really great prison rations. Which is damning of both industries honestly.

Edit: actually still works if you assume it's some death row guy's last meal

Was that the click-baitest thing ever? There's no way a person who has eaten barbeque made by a human could excuse that as such. "Taking over the world" ?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Sir Lemming posted:

I mean, when a witch hunt has actually found verifiable witches (remember like a week ago when Donny blamed Obama for not finding them?), that whole metaphor doesn't really sting the way it's supposed to anymore.

What happened in Salem was horrible and wrong. Except for the eleven women they found who could actually fly. Oh yeah and three of them who turned everybody's first born into a toad. And that one who could control the weather.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Japan also eats american hotdogs but adds seaweed to the mix and american hotdogs are really german sausages but are called wieners because they are made in germany's idea of what vienna eats.

No food is authentic and you shouldn't ever worry about it beyond it being a neat thing to know.

and vienna sausages are a different thing entirely.

did you know in some regions, they're pronounced vy-eena sausages? confused the gently caress out of me the first time I heard it, and it was already confused because viennas are kinda disgusting

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

KickerOfMice posted:

Was that the click-baitest thing ever? There's no way a person who has eaten barbeque made by a human could excuse that as such. "Taking over the world" ?

It's like that episode of Veronica Mars where Sidney Poitier's daughter Sydney tells Paris Hilton that their high school is socioeconomically diverse so she needs to do more than just interview her friends for her school newspaper piece.

....there's a lot of bizarre poo poo in that sentence :stonk:.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

KickerOfMice posted:

When you live in Brooklyn, Brooklyn is the world

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asema posted:

how far are you willing to travel like is essex within your travel range or like what

Sure? I’m actually in canton so Essex isn’t insane for me to goto.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CascadeBeta posted:

Glass shatters.

What I would pay to have this administration end with Steve Austin beating Trump with a chair.
Here's what I hope happens once Trump gets someone to fire Mueller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys3U1ZQxbe0&t=102s

In this scenario, Fat Tony is a republican.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Asema posted:

Somebody run down what happens once he fires Mueller for me because I can't put an ounce of faith into the spineless cowards in congress.

Well, the first thing is everyone freaks out.

The investigation doesn't stop. The DoJ has a procedure for ongoing investigations and he can't stop the investigation just by firing Mueller.

Mueller also wouldn't be dead, and could respond, it's unclear if he would or what or how.

The expectation is that the NY AG is working with Mueller and would then file state level charges that Trump could not block or pardon, but it's unclear how that would play out.

basically the results are not predictable.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I don't know - the constant "The investigation should wrap up soon," stuff from his lawyers, in tandem with all of these tweets, it feels like something is going to happen.

This post could have been written at virtually any point since the investigation started.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Like, "did you know fortune cookies aren't chinese at all and the fortune part comes from a Japanese holiday tradition and the food part is just american crackers with sugar" is kinda good trivia, but any time anyone turns it into 'and that is why I don't eat there and only eat in 'authentic' restaurants' is dumb, the whole is big now, everyone eats weird mixes of their culture's traditions and bunches of borrowed alterations. Like it's not like food stopped evolving in the year 1300 and everyone eats only traditional stuff. Everyone in egypt eats pasta all the time even though that is from italy. And there are a bunch of uniquely Egyptian Italian dishes. Italian food marked by eating tomatoes from peru that only got there late. is Mumbai india has a whole thing about being in love with western style bread but has been eating it that way since they were a trading partner of the portuguese hundreds of years ago. Everyone in Japan eats indian curry nonstop and curry is England's favorite thing, and both are totally different foods from each other and from curry in india. Japan also eats american hotdogs but adds seaweed to the mix and american hotdogs are really german sausages but are called wieners because they are made in germany's idea of what vienna eats.

I disagree. American Chinese-style food evolved on its own and is its own special genre of food that evolved uniquely. Another genre of food is actually cuisine that is more close to what Chinese people would have eaten in their home countries.

The two cuisines are totally different in ingredients, flavors, etc... So to know that there is a difference has functional outcomes because you can then understand that there’s another genre you can try and not be limited to one or the other.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The investigation doesn't stop. The DoJ has a procedure for ongoing investigations and he can't stop the investigation just by firing Mueller.

Mueller also wouldn't be dead, and could respond, it's unclear if he would or what or how.

The expectation is that the NY AG is working with Mueller and would then file state level charges that Trump could not block or pardon, but it's unclear how that would play out.

If history is any indication, his staff just keep coming into work unless trump is smart enough to remember to fire them all as well, which, lol.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Trump orders Sessions or Rosenstein to fire Mueller. One of them finally agrees to do it.

Congress flips its poo poo.

Trump fires Sessions or Rosenstein "for firing Mueller".

GOP members of Congress dramatically dial back their poo poo-flipping and support the President in trying to pin it on Sessions/Rosenstein. McCain/Flake/Sasse continue to be deeply troubled.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Vladimir Putin posted:

I disagree. American Chinese-style food evolved on its own and is its own special genre of food that evolved uniquely. Another genre of food is actually cuisine that is more close to what Chinese people would have eaten in their home countries.

The two cuisines are totally different in ingredients, flavors, etc... So to know that there is a difference has functional outcomes because you can then understand that there’s another genre you can try and not be limited to one or the other.

I may disagree with you sometimes, but you apparently do understand good food. :sun:
You sound like me when everyone around me covers their ears!

e- Food here as a representative of culture is the melting pot America was supposed to be (eat what tastes good, we have all the kinds of food,) and in that one respect it still is. :911:
Mix, match, Tex-Mex it, woo!

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 19, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus III posted:

That wasn't a rat, it was a "flavor creature". They poo poo pure umami.

Wrong post to reply to, pal.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Drone posted:

Trump orders Sessions or Rosenstein to fire Mueller. One of them finally agrees to do it.

Congress flips its poo poo.

Trump fires Sessions or Rosenstein "for firing Mueller".

GOP members of Congress dramatically dial back their poo poo-flipping and support the President in trying to pin it on Sessions/Rosenstein. McCain/Flake/Sasse continue to be deeply troubled.

Like Trump wouldn't proudly announce that he fired Mueller on Twitter.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vladimir Putin posted:

China's also loving huge and has a variety of different regional cuisines. Even saying "what Chinese people eat" is dumb in this regard.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Katt posted:

Congress is supposed to impeach him.

...this is the weirdest photo op ever.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Also, Trump doesn’t fire people. He makes it clear he hates them, but he’s too much of a coward to actually confront them or demand a resignation. Hell, Sessions offered his resignation once, and Trump backed down.

None of this bullshit that Trump is pulling is leading up to firing Sessions to fire Mueller. It’s to make it clear to
Sessions and Rosenstein that he’s very very very angry in the hopes that Sessions or Rosenstein this time will throw themselves into their swords and fire Mueller for him.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

We have heard that for months. First it was going to be done by Thanksgiving, then it was going to be done by the new year. Ty Cobb is a moron and a hack, but Trump has been listening to him for months and has still done nothing every time another deadline has passed.

Someone he listens to is telling him not to fire Mueller. I don't know who; I mean, we know that Senate Republicans threatened him with mutiny if he fired John Kelly, but I do wonder who is ensuring Mueller and Rosenstein's job security.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 19, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

CascadeBeta posted:

Like Trump wouldn't proudly announce that he fired Mueller on Twitter.

He would do it after the Congress Republicans started repeating the lie that it was all on Sessions making their craven acquiescence of his corruption even more openly pathetic.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mustached Demon posted:

China's also loving huge and has a variety of different regional cuisines. Even saying "what Chinese people eat" is dumb in this regard.

Yeah I know that I was shortening up so I don’t have to post a thesis on a message board.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
Any ideas what Mueller has coming out today?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

freeasinbeer posted:

Since we are both in Baltimore, is there any decent Chinese places? I’ve had no luck so far.

Paul Chen's was my go-to, but I think they went out of business recently. Cafe Zen, by the Senator theatre, used to be pretty good, but I haven't been in a while

Juong Kak and Nam Kang are both great for Korean, if you haven't been. Plus they're open (and serve alcohol) til like four in the morning

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

Glass shatters.

What I would pay to have this administration end with Steve Austin beating Trump with a chair.

Makes me wish the Big Bossman was still alive.

Well if you go down to Cobb County, Georgia....

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vladimir Putin posted:

Yeah I know that I was shortening up so I don’t have to post a thesis on a message board.

I got your back.

Much like piss babies and Trump.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Gnossiennes posted:

and vienna sausages are a different thing entirely.

Yeah, and no one in ireland grew potatoes in any large number until into the 1700s. No food is authentic and everything moves around constantly and there is no perfect snapshot of what "real" food is.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

People in this thread: "You are so wrong in saying that most Chinese Restaurants serve the same stuff how dare you!"
Other people in this thread: "Ok, so Baltimore, Maryland doesn't have any good Chinese restaurants, you ok with driving an hour or so?"

Look, if you've got to "find" a place that serves different food, you're proving my point. I'm sorry I used the word all when it would have been more accurate to say 99 out of 100 or whatever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
For all you amateur market watchers, the market took a hit this morning and Facebook is really suffering due to the fallout over the Cambridge Analytica data breach disclosures.

I'm sure they'll make it up eventually, but it seemed like something to note.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
A pizza pie? What is this strange concoction that has come to America.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Serious post: what would be the time frame? Suppose he fires session, does Rosenstein immediately become the acting AG and has the power to fire Mueller or does congress need to debate and confirm first?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Alter Ego posted:

We have heard that for months. First it was going to be done by Thanksgiving, then it was going to be done by the new year. Ty Cobb is a moron and a hack, but Trump has been listening to him for months and has still done nothing every time another deadline has passed.

Someone he listens to is telling him not to fire Mueller. I don't know who; I mean, we know that Senate Republicans threatened him with mutiny if he fired John Kelly, but I do wonder who is ensuring Mueller and Rosenstein's job security.

There's also the possibility that people are simply not handholding him through the process that would be involved in firing Mueller and Trump is too lazy to expend the effort which would be involved with finding out how to do it and actually going through with it.

Or a bit of both.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dietrich posted:

People in this thread: "You are so wrong in saying that most Chinese Restaurants serve the same stuff how dare you!"
Other people in this thread: "Ok, so Baltimore, Maryland doesn't have any good Chinese restaurants, you ok with driving an hour or so?"

Look, if you've got to "find" a place that serves different food, you're proving my point. I'm sorry I used the word all when it would have been more accurate to say 99 out of 100 or whatever.

Ok sorry I might have been mean. But you have to know that the genre you’re taking about isn’t the only genre of Chinese food in America. That’s all I’m saying. My assumption (and I admit I was assuming) was that if you understood that fact you wouldn’t have made that kind of blanket statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wonder if there's a parallel argument happening right now on a Chinese message board about authentic Kentucky fried chicken.

• Locked thread