Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Autism Sneaks posted:

ohhhh y'all hosed up now, y'all on THE LIST IN SITE'S HEAD!!!

look when the same people who regularly show out in threads with "yeah thats racist" and "yeah thats deffo sexist" and join in on running out the occasional internet alt-righter and then tell me im just seeing the transphobia but not the joke, or that transitioning made me a humorless, joyless person, or that im a piece of poo poo because i dared call it transphobic you think im not gonna remember and side-eye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

site posted:

look when the same people who regularly show out in threads with "yeah thats racist" and "yeah thats deffo sexist" and join in on running out the occasional internet alt-righter and then tell me im just seeing the transphobia but not the joke, or that transitioning made me a humorless, joyless person, or that im a piece of poo poo because i dared call it transphobic you think im not gonna remember and side-eye?

Excel is best, that way you can use crosstabs

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Noooooo you can't make me! I won't do it!!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

site posted:

OpenOffice Spreadsheets?

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
what if bruce wayne become black-man and was then instantly shot by commissioner gordon

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

OpenOffice Spreadsheets?

Google sheets :unsmigghh:

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

site posted:

Excelphobia is wrong you know, just because we used to do spreadsheets in hand or older DOS-based programs, doesn't make transitioning into Excel a bad thing.

Terribly offended.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

All I am saying is that at one point in this set of multiverses it has to be a kite smashing through that window. Get on it DC.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

evilmiera posted:

All I am saying is that at one point in this set of multiverses it has to be a kite smashing through that window. Get on it DC.

By that logic a rich billionaire play boy has also smashed through one of the windows as well.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

evilmiera posted:

Hell yeah.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zil posted:

By that logic a rich billionaire play boy has also smashed through one of the windows as well.
Who would he become then, Privilege Man?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yes, Father. I must become... a Scrooge.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Nessus posted:

Who would he become then, Privilege Man?

I mean to be fair, that's Batman's biggest power.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Pretend I was able to find the What The-- parody where a baseball comes through the window, and then I posted it here.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Site, do you watch Blazing Saddles and get offended at the use of the N-word?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

prefect posted:

Pretend I was able to find the What The-- parody where a baseball comes through the window, and then I posted it here.

I want to say an old Cracked I had as a kid had a similar gag. The bat flies through the window like always, and Bruce is all "I shall become a BAT!"...cue him dressed as a baseball bat while fighting crime.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Site, do you watch Blazing Saddles and get offended at the use of the N-word?

Eh, some people just aren't going to like some jokes, and it's best to live and let live. Too much arguing over whether or not something is funny can turn into people really being mad at each other personally.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Reading the last few pages was like stumbling on to a performance art piece illustrating how lovely it is to be any kind of minority on the internet

Congratulations on creating such a terrible environment that it could be used in a fuckin textbook, and completely by accident too! Some of yall are real shitheads and I hope you listen and think instead of just telling me how I can't take a joke and ooh so sensitive does baby need a safe space trigger warning etc etc (yes, that's what you sound like) but lol you definitely won't. No poo poo trans people keep a list in their heads, imagine if you had to predict which one of your closest friends was most likely to beat you to death if they found out you had different genitals. It becomes a habit

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Truly, having a sense of humor is the first sign of a violent psychopath. We're all the Joker at heart.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

It's just like all those people online who love making edgy, racist jokes but aren't actually Nazis.... oh, wait.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Minority walks into a thread and says, "Hey, this isn't cool."

Rest of the thread goes, "gently caress you, triggered much snowflake?"

Lol jokes.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Superstring posted:

Lol jokes.

Look if a trans person doesn't like a joke that means I can't like it either, and that would be the worst thing ever.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

:yikes: ... Well... this thread certainly went in some direction since I last looked at it.

I'm just going to post comic panels and hope its funny.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mulva posted:

I love a good "Bruce Wayne would become literally anything that came through that window" joke.

From Batman R.I.P.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What if Batman from another Earth crashed through Bruce Wayne's window?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Push El Burrito posted:

Batmanman, so meta.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Superstring posted:

Lol jokes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Zaodai posted:

Truly, having a sense of humor is the first sign of a violent psychopath. We're all the Joker at heart.

Why, Ricky Gervais, I didn't know you were a comics fan!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I like the end of Batman: Year One where Bruce does a bunch of Batman poo poo out of costume, and it's implied that Gordon knows exactly who he is and just uses "I lost my glasses" as an excuse for claiming he doesn't recognize him. They just sort of spend their careers pretending he doesn't know from then on.

Also great are the very first Batman & Superman team-up comics because this is still there era where Lois is constantly trying to prove that Clark is Superman, and he ropes Batman into his schemes to discredit and confuse her.

There's one whole issue where they switch costumes to try and convince her that Bruce Wayne is Superman while Clark dresses as Batman to try and continue solving a crime. After intentionally letting himself be caught changing into a Superman costume, Lois tries to prove that he's not. He manages to effortlessly stay one step ahead of her, like when she wants to cut a lock of his hair the scissors break just like they would on the real Superman; turns out he pickpocketed her, broke the scissors, and loosely glued them back together without anyone else noticing. He even uses a hot air balloon disguised as a truck and lightweight inflatable furniture to fool her into thinking that he's helping her move by loading the truck and flying away with it.

Toward the end, Clark-as-Batman finds the villains but immediately passes out in the kitchen because he walks past a rock of kryptonite. Bruce-as-Superman bursts in and bluffs his way through the fight without getting shot, and Lois unmasks Clark and thinks that he dressed up as Batman to try and solve the crime himself before getting beat up and dumped in the kitchen.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

prefect posted:

I'm looking for it as well, but there is this that I must post.

e: Found it. My favorite detail is that the costume still has the little baseball bats for ears.

darthbob88 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 19, 2018

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

chitoryu12 posted:

I like the end of Batman: Year One where Bruce does a bunch of Batman poo poo out of costume, and it's implied that Gordon knows exactly who he is and just uses "I lost my glasses" as an excuse for claiming he doesn't recognize him. They just sort of spend their careers pretending he doesn't know from then on.

Also great are the very first Batman & Superman team-up comics because this is still there era where Lois is constantly trying to prove that Clark is Superman, and he ropes Batman into his schemes to discredit and confuse her.

There's one whole issue where they switch costumes to try and convince her that Bruce Wayne is Superman while Clark dresses as Batman to try and continue solving a crime. After intentionally letting himself be caught changing into a Superman costume, Lois tries to prove that he's not. He manages to effortlessly stay one step ahead of her, like when she wants to cut a lock of his hair the scissors break just like they would on the real Superman; turns out he pickpocketed her, broke the scissors, and loosely glued them back together without anyone else noticing. He even uses a hot air balloon disguised as a truck and lightweight inflatable furniture to fool her into thinking that he's helping her move by loading the truck and flying away with it.

Toward the end, Clark-as-Batman finds the villains but immediately passes out in the kitchen because he walks past a rock of kryptonite. Bruce-as-Superman bursts in and bluffs his way through the fight without getting shot, and Lois unmasks Clark and thinks that he dressed up as Batman to try and solve the crime himself before getting beat up and dumped in the kitchen.

Hell yes. Why wasn't this what Superman vs Batman was?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Why is the Marvel legal department writing notes about a Batman comic?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Push El Burrito posted:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

davebo posted:

Why is the Marvel legal department writing notes about a Batman comic?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
e;fb

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Push El Burrito posted:

The real first meeting between Superman and Batman in the 50s was loving hilarious.

They're both coincidentally passengers on the same cruise, and due to overbooking they get put in the same cabin. When a fire breaks out on the docks, they both try to quick change in the darkness.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

chitoryu12 posted:

The real first meeting between Superman and Batman in the 50s was loving hilarious.

They're both coincidentally passengers on the same cruise, and due to overbooking they get put in the same cabin. When a fire breaks out on the docks, they both try to quick change in the darkness.

Joe Kelly did a retelling involving Deathstroke and Deadpool Earth 3 Deathstroke that was amazing.

It was Superman/Batman Annual #1 from 2006.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Push El Burrito posted:

Because that would have been fun, and the DCCU doesn't do fun.