Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

quote:

THE FLASH/SPEED BUGGY SPECIAL #1
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS scribe Scott Lobdell, along with Brett Booth

Man why does my pet character get the loving Lobdell Booth treatment. It's like a bad joke and the punchline is me sobbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Niiiiice

quote:

Red Hood & the Outlaws: The New 52 Omnibus Vol. 1

Scott Lobdell's bestselling RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS stories from the New 52 relaunch is collected here in its entirety for the first time ever in RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS: THE NEW 52 OMNIBUS!

No sooner has Batman's former sidekick, Jason Todd, put his past as the Red Hood behind him than he finds himself cornered by a pair of modern day outlaws: Green Arrow's rejected sidekick Arsenal, the damaged soldier of fortune, and the alien Starfire, a former prisoner of intergalactic war who won't be chained again. As a loner, Jason has absolutely no interest in this motley crew of outlaws. So what's he going to do when they choose the Red Hood as their leader?

With dynamic pencils from Kenneth Rocafort (SIDEWAYS), RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS quickly become one of the breakout hits of 2011's New 52 relaunch. Collected here in this oversize omnibus edition are every story from Lobdell's first run with the title, as well as tie-in issues from the TEEN TITANS and BATMAN series! Collects RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #0-27 and ANNUAL #1, TEEN TITANS #16 and BATMAN #17.

http://www.penguinrandomhouseretail.com/book/?isbn=9781401284664

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Re: Detective Comics, "maybe one day they'll kill me too" is loving heartbreaking. I straight up teared up at that spread.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I'm seeing this being floated about. If Bendis breaks up Lois and Clark I'm going to be very displeased.

EDIT: I mean we just went through this loving poo poo with Rebirth, turns out it's actually just bad. I mean... what makes you go "Ya know what Superman? A character who has progressed into a father role and is in a happy loving relationship needs? A divorce."

But can't say I'm surprised, that sure as poo poo sounds like a Marvel writer's move.

quote:

Bendis says the new villain is trying to avenge Krypton and that he's figured out Clark's life as Superman is always the reason it's destroyed, this plays havoc with Clark's mentality as he can no longer tell if his purpose in life was his own choices or if it was pre-determined, and the family life is strained because of it, forcing Lois and Clark to make a decision to presumably separate.

I feel like I'm lacking in all the ways to explain how stupid this is. I mean ignoring that we did this already with Myx, and Jor-El and Swamp-Thing in the Annual...

https://imgur.com/a/sW3yg

Here's the whole thing. Well, it was a good run having Superman as one of DC's best books.

EDIT: As it turns out, nobody can actually find this interview anywhere, and the only 'source' is the imgur album, so it could easily be bullshit and I'm freaking out over nothing. Which I hope is the case.

It's all bullshit and someone's admitted to faking it by basically taking Bendis quotes and then doing a few edits. I'm an idiot, and I'm glad to be an Idiot

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 16, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Somebody in one of the Discord servers I go to thought it was real too.

And I wonder why anybody bothers going to 4chan.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

We know he's on Hawkman, but here's Venditti saying adios to GL.
https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/status/974645052222918656

I'd love someone unexpected to helm GL and make it grab my attention rather than the franchise just solidly trudging along.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'd love someone unexpected to helm GL and make it grab my attention rather than the franchise just solidly trudging along.

Aw man that was such a solid book under his tenure.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Actually, either or both of Black Canary and Zatanna would fulfill my criteria and have already been on The Justice League. So I answered my own question and am now pissed off they aren't on the team.

I'd actually like to see Starfire graduate like Cyborg did and get a chance with the upper A list

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

DC is choosing an interesting time to start swapping out the creative teams on all the books I read. I have barely read anything from Marvel since about mid-Civil War II but after hearing positive word of mouth about some of the newer stuff like Thanos and Avengers I've been dipping a toe back in the water. Now that I'm looking to make a little more room in my pull list for Marvel stuff, it just so happens to be in the same period of a few months where they change the creative teams on Green Lanterns, Green Arrow, Hal and GLC, Detective Comics, Justice League, Superman, etc. I've already dropped a couple of those and it's more likely than not that I'll just fall off more of them as creative changes and start picking up some of the new Marvel #1s in May.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Dunbar posted:

DC is choosing an interesting time to start swapping out the creative teams on all the books I read. I have barely read anything from Marvel since about mid-Civil War II but after hearing positive word of mouth about some of the newer stuff like Thanos and Avengers I've been dipping a toe back in the water. Now that I'm looking to make a little more room in my pull list for Marvel stuff, it just so happens to be in the same period of a few months where they change the creative teams on Green Lanterns, Green Arrow, Hal and GLC, Detective Comics, Justice League, Superman, etc. I've already dropped a couple of those and it's more likely than not that I'll just fall off more of them as creative changes and start picking up some of the new Marvel #1s in May.

I'd love to see a publisher respond to this with a coherent strategy. "Marvel finally changed things up, which is good, and will get me to drop DC, who are about to change things up, which is bad, though I was already dropping their books anyway."

That probably sounds snarkier than intended, but it sounds like a "damned if they do, damned if they don't," with positive word of mouth sometimes tipping the scales.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Venditti likes that 50 issue mark I guess.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

News news news

https://twitter.com/drinkpinkink/status/974735285127847936

Bryan Hill (Wild Storm: Michael Cray) is writing Det after Tynion for a five issue arc from #982-987
The site in the link thinks it'll lead to a new Outsiders comic.

---

Five bat-wedding lead-up one shots from Tim Seeley https://nerdist.com/batman-48-the-best-man-catwoman-wedding-joker-exclusive-preview/

quote:

Batman: Prelude to the Wedding — Robin Vs. Ra’s al Ghul #1

Written by Tim Seeley • Art by Brad Walker and Drew Hennessy • Cover by Rafael Albuquerque

Ra’s al Ghul returns to have a heart-to-heart with his grandson, Damian. Once upon a time, Ra’s thought Bruce Wayne would be the heir apparent to his criminal empire, but now that Batman has turned his back on Talia for good, Ra’s wants to know if Damian Wayne will honor his mother by stepping into the family business at last. On sale May 30.

---

Batman: Prelude to the Wedding — Nightwing Vs. Hush #1

Written by Tim Seeley • Art by Travis Moore • Cover by Rafael Albuquerque

Dick Grayson has a lot of responsibility. Being the original partner to Batman, he’s the natural choice to be Bruce Wayne’s best man. So if anyone has to get to the wedding, it’s going to be him. Too bad Hush has other plans—and maybe Bruce Wayne does, too! On sale June 6.

---

Batman: Prelude to the Wedding — Batgirl Vs. The Riddler #1

Written by Tim Seeley • Art by Minkyu Jung • Cover by Rafael Albuquerque

On the eve of Batman’s wedding to Catwoman, two of Gotham City’s finest minds clash. In her role as Oracle, Barbara Gordon wired all of her allies together. But when The Riddler takes on Batgirl, will he tear everything asunder? On sale June 13.

---

Batman: Prelude to the Wedding — Red Hood Vs. Anarky #1

Written by Tim Seeley • Art by Javier Fernandez • Cover by Rafael Albuquerque

Red Hood has always been the one standing slightly apart from the rest of the Bat crew. Some see him as the Robin gone bad—which is exactly the kind of thing someone like Anarky can exploit. Now Red Hood is running security at Catwoman’s bachelorette party—and if Anarky can crash it, that could be the final straw for Jason Todd! On sale June 20.

---

Batman: Prelude to the Wedding — Harley Quinn Vs. The Joker #1

Written by Tim Seeley • Art by Sami Basri • Cover by Rafael Albuquerque

Harley Quinn knows a thing or two about dysfunctional relationships. When she hears that her old flame is trying to get in the way of a happy new life for one of her best friends, the Maid of Mischief tracks The Joker down to give him a piece of her mind—and maybe a few blows from her hammer, too. On sale June 27.

First two joining covers.

I'm starting to wonder how many copies of Batman #50 they could possibly sell.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 16, 2018

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Every time one of the Al Ghuls try to re-convert Damian, I lose another year off my lifespan. I'm down to dying at age forty-eight by now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I hate Jason Todd, but that Red Hood one sounds fun.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I know, right? And it's not being written by Lobdell so there's a chance it'll be good!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought Anarky was by far the least interesting part of Tynion's Tec. I do not give a stink about that dude.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I thought Anarky was by far the least interesting part of Tynion's Tec. I do not give a stink about that dude.

I don't give a poo poo about Anarky, it's just the concept of Jason Todd providing security for Catwoman's bachelorette party while any villain tries to bust it up seems hilarious to me. Especially because you know Catwoman is going to be causing her own shenanigans.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I don't give a poo poo about Anarky, it's just the concept of Jason Todd providing security for Catwoman's bachelorette party while any villain tries to bust it up seems hilarious to me. Especially because you know Catwoman is going to be causing her own shenanigans.

Jason is also the second most likely to turn into the evening's entertainment after Dick.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Skwirl posted:

It actually does, I hope it's as goofy as it sounds.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The prelude to the wedding stuff doesn't really sound that interesting to me. I will just wait for the main event.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Teenage Fansub posted:

News news news

Kinda interesting that the wedding issue only calls out Babs as Oracle. Some old and new leaks made it seem like that that was changing up, but the wording is vague enough either way.

Outsiders sounds cool and I'm digging all the wedding prelude stuff, too. I'm hoping the Red Hood one is him just enduring as many wacky hijinks as possible.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Those wedding prelude issues sound like some good event fluff. It's great that Seeley is writing all of them. Keeps things tight when you'd expect a million different tie ins with a half dozen different voices chiming in.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I hope with Nightwing, Hush has been doing bachelorette parties stripping with Bruce's face. Only now with Bruce getting married Hush sees it as an end to his side gig when he's not super villian-ing around and wants to keep Bruce as a bachelor so he can keep making cash. It's up to Dick to put the kibosh on Hush's banana hammock slinging days.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Jiro posted:

I hope with Nightwing, Hush has been doing bachelorette parties stripping with Bruce's face. Only now with Bruce getting married Hush sees it as an end to his side gig when he's not super villian-ing around and wants to keep Bruce as a bachelor so he can keep making cash. It's up to Dick to put the kibosh on Hush's banana hammock slinging days.

Meanwhile, I hope Jason being 'Security' at the Bachelorette party requires him to do that while fighting off zany traps to foil the celebrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Love the new Batman crossovers

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/974828075400736768

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Green Lantern reboot looking pretty interesting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think I would have loved getting a package of 5 green Batmans (Batmen? Batsman?) when I was 8 or so.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sam Humphries is writing Harley Quinn from #43
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03/17/harley-quinn-darkseid-sam-humphries-43/

quote:

A new era for Harley begins here as writer Sam Humphries oversees the clash of the century: Harley Quinn vs…Darkseid?!?!?

It’s the fight that you thought you’d never see: Harley vs. the Lord of Apokolips! Batman’s second craziest foe has done her nuttiest thing yet—she’s stolen from Darkseid! With a deadly confrontation growing near, Harley must prepare herself for the greatest battle of her life—sounds like it’s time for a New Gods shopping trip!

Harley Quinn’s story starts anew here in this tale tied closer to the DC Universe! Writer Sam Humphries jumps behind the wheel, beginning with this all-new jumping-on point.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think I'll check that out actually

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So DC is about to announce a new Black Lightning series. Tony Isabella posted this on FB so it would seem he is not involved

Tony Isabella on Facebook posted:

After 45 years in comics, it's not like I didn't anticipate the latest unpleasant news. But it does hurt when a company, fellow creators and fans are so quick to forget and/or ignore what might have been one's best work. Time to pack up the tent perhaps and soldier on elsewhere.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rhyno posted:

So DC is about to announce a new Black Lightning series. Tony Isabella posted this on FB so it would seem he is not involved

I take it the news of someone else being called in to do a Black Lightning series sucks for him? I'm not entirely up and up on the man himself.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is this anything more than just the same Outsiders conjecture springing out the next Detective run announcement?

e: Is it possible that he's just talking about Detective?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 19, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Is he pissed there's new Black Lightning comics without his involvement, or is he pissed because he's not getting paid for what he created, I can understand both, but the second one would stick in my britches a bit more. I'm assuming he doesn't get any money from the new tv series because the name is slightly different too,

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Skwirl posted:

I'm assuming he doesn't get any money from the new tv series because the name is slightly different too,

Am I going to realize the CW show was named "Black Lighting" the whole time ten years after it's off the air and lose my mind a la Berenstain Bears?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I'm not sure how much of this is news to the thread, but DC confirmed that Scott Snyder's Justice League would remain bi-weekly, with Jimenez and Cheung doing the interiors

https://www.newsarama.com/39118-official-justice-league-relaunches-with-snyder-cheung-and-jimenez.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cheung lasts one arc max.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Archie Meets Batman '66 from Jeff Parker in July
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/archie-andrews-batman-66-comic-series

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

That's some serious vaguebooking. Is he saying that they are radically changing his character, that he isn't involved, or that they didn't consult him?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

That's some serious vaguebooking. Is he saying that they are radically changing his character, that he isn't involved, or that they didn't consult him?

Well he might be bitching about DC crossing BL over with Hong Kong Phooey for all we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

All in on this