Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
I'm actually really liking Eye of Innocence combined with Mokou's Embrace for my PP VD scion (elementalist/slayer). Obviates the need for a Watcher's Eye, because a crit automatically self-ignites, giving me 2% fire leech and the attack speed from Mokou's. Just need to get a Kaom's Heart and a VD enchant on my Starkonja's and my build is pretty much done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Filthy Monkey posted:

The movespeed on devoto's is pointless if you are doing bodyswap. If you aren't, it is a good option. Definitely speedier than starkonjas, though you lose some life. Probably better than starkonja's for general mapping without bodyswap.

I would suggest trying out the build before deciding on your helmet choice. See which one fits your tastes better.

I wonder if people who hated Bodyswap had their weapon handedness switched - the guide I linked earlier has the presentation of Left/Right switched. I think you want Unearth/Bodyswap in the main hand, otherwise your first attack/cast does nothing, and takes you 50% or 100% longer to move around.

I found that it took some getting used to, but felt reasonable if you're okay moving your mouse around a bunch.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some basic tips regarding sextants? I’ve unlocked an extra slot for them, but whenever I use one, the result is underwhelming. The mod it adds turns out to be either meaningless or mostly meaningless.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

How are you liking this build? I started the same this weekend, will be finishing story this afternoon. Good call on Belt of the Deceiver, I'll toss one of those on for now.

In terms of upgrades, Starforge will do the most but if you want something cheaper get a 5/6L chest with 2k+ armour, life and resists.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I'm playing a weird rear end necromancer/slayer pen build with 50/50 block (CWDT Bone Offering). poo poo's wack. Though doing so will definitively cause DPS problems at the very high end.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 19, 2018

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Jay Rust posted:

What are some basic tips regarding sextants? I’ve unlocked an extra slot for them, but whenever I use one, the result is underwhelming. The mod it adds turns out to be either meaningless or mostly meaningless.

Which mods are you complaining about, because _most_ of the mods are pretty good? Extra XXX that does YYY is king, but strongboxes and other poo poo can be useful too (if you roll the "all strongboxes are corrupted" sextant is can be worthwhile to buy a monstrous treasure proph for example).

But really you can't sextant block or anything now, so I just toss a few down when i'm going to be running 3+ of the same map in a row and have a stockpile of sextants. They're just a fun lil extras bonus.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess I’ve just been unlucky. The six or seven or so I’ve tried have been stuff like “Players and monsters deal more cold damage” or “Curses aren’t as effective”, which aren’t super helpful. But yeah, I might as well use them if there are cool ones hidden in there

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

How are you liking this build? I started the same this weekend, will be finishing story this afternoon.

I'm interested in this as well I'm currently running a cleave juggernaut and enjoying it but I could easily respec into a heavy strike juggernaut which allows me to eventually invest more money into it as the league goes on.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Filthy Monkey posted:

The movespeed on devoto's is pointless if you are doing bodyswap. If you aren't, it is a good option. Definitely speedier than starkonjas, though you lose some life. Probably better than starkonja's for general mapping without bodyswap. Rat's nest would be a strong option for damage and speed as well.

I would suggest trying out the build before deciding on your helmet choice. See which one fits your tastes better. I think all of the above options are viable. The important part is the enchant.

I'm almost to 50, and I'm just sort of winging it while following the outline here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050819 I have tomorrow off, and I'm looking to get into maps after work tonight and figure some of this out tomorrow. So far I really don't understand bodyswap. I don't dislike it, but I don't understand why sometimes I'm teleporting and sometimes I stay still. Is there a way to control this ability while holding down Frenzy? Or is it kind of just hold down frenzy and clear everything and end up random places?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

I might put my scion on hold and roll an inquisitor now that my gear is better. Playing around in PoB vs shaper, inquisitor is somewhere around 40-50% more dps than scion. Elementalist is around 20-30% more dps than scion and is reflect immune. Not bad, honestly. Is the overleech from scion worth giving up? Maybe. Map bosses are getting gibbed right now, but more damage is more damage.

Which Ascendancies are you using on Scion? If you skip Slayer leech and go Ele/Inquis or Ele/Assassin how does the damage compare? I was currently planning to do Ele/Slayer for the leech, but I'm not planning on going to Duelist start so might switch to Ele/Assassin for the base crit or Ele/Inquis for more pen. Probably CoH Warlord's for leech. My current planned tree has me traveling to Templar area and taking Witch start and traveling out to Shadow area, but taking Shadow start would save a lot of points.

Eye of Innocence and Mokou's is an interesting approach to leech too. I have enough moolah for a +1 helm, but not for a Watcher's Eye, so this is interesting compared to Warlord's (lets me use a better curse). I clearly have some PoB to play today.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I guess I’ve just been unlucky. The six or seven or so I’ve tried have been stuff like “Players and monsters deal more cold damage” or “Curses aren’t as effective”, which aren’t super helpful. But yeah, I might as well use them if there are cool ones hidden in there

Yeah, you're missing out on things like the fact that the other half of the "players and monsters deal more cold damage" sextant is " Areas contain additional Monsters that deal Cold Damage". That's exactly what you want out of sextants, more mobs (which give you more xp and more drops, etc).

The curse one is poo poo though, things like that and the slipstreams sextant are there so that it's not 100% good to run.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Does anyone run LL poet's pen? Do you even need the more damage or extra flask slot you get from going LL?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Just going to say, for all the Pen people if you have a bigger budget then the Zerphi's Pathfinder version is no question the best way to go. You get good damage, better if you want to run RF, and you're literally unkillable to anything that can't oneshot you. When non-stop attacking I am healing for ~20,000 hp per second, and that's before CWDT procs Arakali. Zerphi's alone is 14ex this league though.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cinara/characters?characterName=Cinnnnnn

That's my character right now, still a few huge upgrades I need, mostly jewelry and a CDR belt.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going through coding withdrawal because there's nothing to code on my work anymore so I opened up Path of Building to play with it.

Got sorting items by DPS in. :dance:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Lprsti99 posted:

I'm actually really liking Eye of Innocence combined with Mokou's Embrace for my PP VD scion (elementalist/slayer). Obviates the need for a Watcher's Eye, because a crit automatically self-ignites.

Um, no. You can't crit yourself through reflect or self-damage taken. You're getting ignited all the time simply because even though 1/4 odds from Mokou's isn't all that great, you're rolling that die really really really really really (really) fast.

Speaking of Eye of Innocence/Mokou's, my Ngamahu's Chieftain is using that combo. He dies a lot and I'm really not sure why. What am I missing? PoB link: https://pastebin.com/Yn3p1VcE

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

Which Ascendancies are you using on Scion? If you skip Slayer leech and go Ele/Inquis or Ele/Assassin how does the damage compare? I was currently planning to do Ele/Slayer for the leech, but I'm not planning on going to Duelist start so might switch to Ele/Assassin for the base crit or Ele/Inquis for more pen. Probably CoH Warlord's for leech. My current planned tree has me traveling to Templar area and taking Witch start and traveling out to Shadow area, but taking Shadow start would save a lot of points.

Eye of Innocence and Mokou's is an interesting approach to leech too. I have enough moolah for a +1 helm, but not for a Watcher's Eye, so this is interesting compared to Warlord's (lets me use a better curse). I clearly have some PoB to play today.
In my PoB tests assassin is the weakest of the scion damage options. Elementalist and inquisitor are both really close. Ele/Inquis does the most damage of the scion options, but at that point you've lost the slayer overleech, which is the main reason to scion in the first place. If you aren't going to go slayer, you might as well be an inquisitor and get even more damage than ele/inquis scion can do.

Cinara posted:

Just going to say, for all the Pen people if you have a bigger budget then the Zerphi's Pathfinder version is no question the best way to go.
I might have to investigate the numbers on this one. If I decide to roll out of scion, it is an interesting option.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 19, 2018

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I saw a VDPP scion running with the saboteur ascendancy which seems weird but makes some sense. The trap/mine stuff is wasted, but you get aoe, ele pen and chance to blind on attacks which will be up like all the time. So a more defensive option than inquisitor/elementalist but you can get the shadow start for better pathing and pure talent.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Elentor posted:

I'm going through coding withdrawal because there's nothing to code on my work anymore so I opened up Path of Building to play with it.

Awesome, would help me a lot with trying to brew my own stuff. Does it factor in custom rares?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dyzzy posted:

Awesome, would help me a lot with trying to brew my own stuff. Does it factor in custom rares?

Yes. I changed it so the "Sort" button in the "All Items" list also does the same thing.

The All Items is working flawlessly but ironically the pre-made unique tab is not. It works once when you load a character but crashes if you change characters because these lists use completely different classes and architectures. PoB has simultaneously a beautiful and incredibly spaghetti code. I don't blame them, simulating PoE is not an easy task and the program is way cleaner than I expected, but I need to figure out why the crash is happening.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

whypick1 posted:

Um, no. You can't crit yourself through reflect or self-damage taken. You're getting ignited all the time simply because even though 1/4 odds from Mokou's isn't all that great, you're rolling that die really really really really really (really) fast.

Speaking of Eye of Innocence/Mokou's, my Ngamahu's Chieftain is using that combo. He dies a lot and I'm really not sure why. What am I missing? PoB link: https://pastebin.com/Yn3p1VcE

Oh, well, right effect for the wrong reason. Still owns.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

NitroSpazzz posted:

How are you liking this build? I started the same this weekend, will be finishing story this afternoon. Good call on Belt of the Deceiver, I'll toss one of those on for now.

In terms of upgrades, Starforge will do the most but if you want something cheaper get a 5/6L chest with 2k+ armour, life and resists.

I'm loving loving it, I've always wanted to play something that just kind of doesn't die, even with gear that doesn't cost much. Like, I'm not fully tanked against elemental, and things as big as Izaro can still do too much damage for now, but trash mobs do nothing, and physical bosses do essentially nothing.

Like, I don't mind not being able to wipe entire screens at once, I've never been a "want to run maps over and over and over" since my playtime is relatively limited/stop and start.

It's also great in this league since going slower is actually a boon sometimes.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Eminai posted:

Personally I'd go 6L rare chest with life, then starforge, then 6L starforge, then Kaom's. You should be able to get a 6L uncorrupted for about 40c, then just slap a greed essence on it and you're good to go.

Yeah that was my other real option. How do I ensure getting enough armor on it? Just get a nice high base and if somehow I get a full set of affixes without enough armor, scour and retry it, and I can enchant if there's open slots? Something like that?

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Anyone playing SR/RF trickster? I just added RF and I'm not liking it at all. I am degening both HP and mana if I dont keep killing things and it just doesnt feel good to play. I spent 25c (1/3 of my chaos) on an amulet but I'm thinking about just reselling it and not spending any more currency on this char. I know I still didnt complete uber lab but is my gear too poo poo to play this or is this just not my playstyle? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jamiefox/characters

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

silvergoose posted:

Yeah that was my other real option. How do I ensure getting enough armor on it? Just get a nice high base and if somehow I get a full set of affixes without enough armor, scour and retry it, and I can enchant if there's open slots? Something like that?

Honestly, you really aren't that far off of Starforge, and prices on them are dropping every day.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

West007 posted:

Anyone playing SR/RF trickster? I just added RF and I'm not liking it at all.

just go back to sr only then?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

West007 posted:

Anyone playing SR/RF trickster? I just added RF and I'm not liking it at all. I am degening both HP and mana if I dont keep killing things and it just doesnt feel good to play. I spent 25c (1/3 of my chaos) on an amulet but I'm thinking about just reselling it and not spending any more currency on this char. I know I still didnt complete uber lab but is my gear too poo poo to play this or is this just not my playstyle? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jamiefox/characters

You can get a 21/0 or 20/0 corrupted Purity of Fire really cheap for extra max fire resist

I'm running clarity, and no vitality. I'm barely positive on life/mana when I haven't killed lately

You may need a little more life regen, and mana regen rate

I really really like the SR/RF lifestyle (if you can maintain it). It makes small corridors less of a pain, and it's great when I lag out, compared to plain SR.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

West007 posted:

Grabbing a lvl 20 purity of fire and using a ruby flask will probably help a bit with the regen, but it might just be the sort of build that expects you do kill things at a reasonable pace to keep the regen positive.

fake edit: I also just realized that i'm using a lvl 21 purity of fire (that I made myself) for no reason on my JUGG RF, since it's not going to gain anything unless it's in a +2 unset ring. Should really replace it with one of the 20's I corrupted and sell that to a LLRF build.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

You work on PoB? Any idea why things like Herd the Flock's + minion ele resistances don't seem to change anything when you allocate them?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

West007 posted:

I just hit 68 and equipped balefire and dropped my tabula and am still pure SR. Looks like you switched at 86. Any particular reason to do it then? Would the ele leech on Doryani's Catalyst help? I myself don't really know which periphery branches on my tree are really necessary to get before switching.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

West007 posted:

You don't have enough life regen from the tree. You need to spec into combat stamina and warrior's blood asap and maybe drop MoM for the time being since you're running vit and pof anyways. The last point from uber lab will help a bit as well and you should also be using the two pantheon's that reduce dot damage for that little bit extra help.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Leech won't do anything for you with SR/RF since degens don't hit

No ruby flask, that seems like an easy way to patch the degen

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Also try running inc aoe in your RF links instead of conc effect and focus on charging into packs to clear. IMO it makes for a smoother playstyle than pure SR and is what made me enjoy the build.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

At work and can't really YouTube, but are there any decent tutorials for getting the most out of PoB?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Lechtansi posted:

If you found a guide that doesn't tell you to use Anger and HOA, run for the hills because both of those auras do amazing things and VD/PP costs no mana so RESERVE IT ALL.

I will probably reroll now that I've gotten a taste for the build and play style and go Inquisitor with the other guide posted today instead of Scion.

You can't reserve 100% or body swap won't work!

Sadly I'm at work all day today, so won't make nearly as much progress through the week since my time is much more limited with my lovely long commute.

Kind of confused why the Inquisitor guide has auras linked to CWDT, but I guess it is probably just because that's where he has the sockets available and Immortal Call is all that actually triggers from the gem.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero VGS posted:

You work on PoB? Any idea why things like Herd the Flock's + minion ele resistances don't seem to change anything when you allocate them?

I don't, it's the first time I opened up its code. Plus I don't know Lua and this program is huge. If I see anything related to it I'll see what I can do.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zotix posted:

At work and can't really YouTube, but are there any decent tutorials for getting the most out of PoB?

Well the one important thing is you can use your pathofexile.com link to import your char right in to it... I didn't notice that the first few days I had it and put in a build by hand. Once you have it in there, it'll tell you exactly what changing an item/passive will do to all your dps and stats. It was useful for figuring out which and how many golems to use. Also, the Tree has a "show node power" button which is pretty neat quasi-heat-map when you're looking at the big picture. The Configuation tab will let you set things like "Character always stands still" to help calculate your DPS more accurately.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

Umm, it does? You need to hit the button for Show Minion Stats. Also if you're using Spectres you need to add a Spectre type.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Looks like most of the accounts from the flicker strike botter posted a few pages back got banned.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of SR/RF, how feasible would it be to keep SR as a five-ish link from balefire, put RF in your helm with an elder level 20 immolate + ignite duration or 20 burning damage + burning damage (or both if you have the :tenbux:, or maybe conc effect/less duration idk) for another five-ish link, then wear a Kaoms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Finally got a portal beast guy after 2 level 90 characters and was super excited to enjoy the league mechanics!

Spawn the portal to crab island and not only does the fight suck (some kind of water geyser dot poo poo you can barely see) half way though the fight he gets stuck underground and won't come back up.

Check the forums and several others are reporting the same issue.