Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/975704708294856706?s=19

whatever, hillary, maybe you ought to just stay the gently caress out of politics if you're going to keep being a fuckup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
she is a dum dum and should disappear

back 2 the woods with ye

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/davidklion/status/975844003416551425?s=21

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

back 2 the woods with ye

go back to chilling in cedar rapids

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GalacticAcid posted:

back 2 the woods with ye

she literally doesn't know when she's beaten.

or when she's won.

as a matter of fact, does she have any sensory apparatus known to medical science?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

go back to chilling in cedar rapids

and ya voted for her, ya dinkus

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

logikv9 posted:

tired: vampire hunter abraham lincoln (2012)
wired: Time Traveler Ronald Reagan (2031)

I'd definitely read a book about reagan being thrown back in time to medieval romania and being staked through the heart by a peasant mob, or back to late 18th century france and being guillotined by a peasant mob

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

and ya voted for her, ya dinkus

she had one job

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

whatever, hillary, maybe you ought to just stay the gently caress out of politics if you're going to keep being a fuckup.
"You're a loving moron who doesn't know what's good for you, no disrespect."
"I know better, I am better, no disrespect, just the facts can't change em"

:jerkbag:

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 23:06 on Mar 19, 2018

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

The Virgin Hillary and the Chad Trump

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/975842318254297089?s=19

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cult of Personality~

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

much like how anime nerds obsess over cartoon girls, Brie is my waifu in how good she is

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

x-posting because nobody likes to post in the suck zone

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lastgirl posted:

x-posting because nobody likes to post in the suck zone

Lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

Hillary burned a billion loving dollars on Robby Mook, David Brock, and John Podesta, only to eat poo poo and hide in the woods until it was time for her to cash out. I think any loyalist liberal with half a backbone left saw 11/9 and realized Bernie was on to something, so I don’t hold that against Nixon.

I won't grudge anyone as long as they've sincerely converted

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
what's all this about a cynthia nixon

what year is it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

I won't grudge anyone as long as they've sincerely converted

there is absolutely a % of people that were only in for hillary becuase they thought the traditional systemic advantages would only allow her to defeat trump (even though she basically helped pave the roads for that system).

the destruction of inevitability and third way economic systems not being the panacea to electoral victory would convert anyone on the fence, imo.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Anyone who has uttered the True Name of the dread abuela without spitting cannot be trusted for they are not Pure.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I want this to happen so hard.

GalacticAcid posted:

i am a cynthiabro

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
this is.......... not an accurate description of how the US got involved in the war in Yemen

https://twitter.com/IanSams/status/975864220448428034

but i'm glad this is getting more support in the Senate

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Danny DeVito will be America's first nude mayor

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/RepRoKhanna/status/975871837832974336

Ro!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Blast from the past (but still up on website [check out her plan]): https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=7929f3f6-7e9c-9af9-724e-cdb0a4c99188

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

I want this to happen so hard.

Instead of swearing on the Bible he will just re-do the famous birth scene.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Anyone watching Bernie's Livestream discussing Oligarchy?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

she had one job

which explains why you've learned your lesson in trying to convince others that voting for anybody works out to be a bigger fraud than you are.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernie is a lot sharper sounding than usual in this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

bernie seems particularly unhinged at this rally

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Now, more than ever.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

anime was right posted:

he seems like he has gotten better at speaking and addressing people

a good thing to get better at in preparation for his run in 2020

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

I guess in theory I don't have a problem with just heavily taxing wealth/assets and allowing labor income to be super high, since apparently you're spending a ridiculous amount of money in ways that don't increase your wealth/assets.

In practice, since such a high wealth/asset tax is highly unlikely in the foreseeable future, any remotely feasible solution is definitely going to include some increased tax rate on people making six figures, particularly relatively high six figures like you make ($250k is likely very high relative to most people making six figures, who probably have salaries in the $100-200k range). Or maybe it's better to think of it this way - no household actually needs anywhere near $250k/yr, so regardless of tax scheme it would definitely make sense to give a significant portion of that income to people less fortunate.

The reason people are reacting negatively is that, to most people, $250k is an absolutely insane amount of money, and it's difficult to imagine why someone with such an income wouldn't immediately agree with paying a higher tax rate. Even if there are other people who should be taxed even more, anyone making that sort of money could definitely spare a significant amount without much negative impact to their lifestyle.

let me double back on this: the reason I’m focused on the 1%, or .1%, or whatnot, isn’t simply a matter of “we can’t afford government programs without raising taxes” - noting that this isn’t necessarily true, what with MMT. It’s also not about redistributing wealth as a function of people being able to afford things. It’s about wealth as being able to control and direct labor: about control of the economy.

When Elon Musk decides to spend hundreds of millions on going to Mars, he’s directing a portion of labor towards that, instead of curing disease, etc. It’s one thing if we as a democratic society decide to fund space exploration instead of experimental medicine; it’s another when it’s one person deciding to do so.

Whatever else, high-wage labor doesn’t present the same problem.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

guess he got the gorilla mindset hookup

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

which explains why you've learned your lesson in trying to convince others that voting for anybody works out to be a bigger fraud than you are.

bernie!!! 2020!!!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I love how the black guy (didn't get his name) pointed out that while education is great, it isn't the end all answer to inequality.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Black guy seems to rule

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

bernie!!! 2020!!!

If you really want to rehabilitate your posting image, you should post nothing but this

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

bernie!!! 2020!!!

your blink-of-an-eye conversion, although welcome, ain't gonna save you from doing some hard work in the gulag, kulak.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

your blink-of-an-eye conversion, although welcome, ain't gonna save you from doing some hard work in the gulag, kulak.

mayor mccheese would have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

bernie seems particularly unhinged at this rally

can’t wait till 2020 when bernie sounds no different from Lenin.

• Locked thread