Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
And if there's one thing that Top Gear has taught me, it's that caravans on holiday are the equivalent of satan. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I discovered this show by accident, and I frickin love it.

When does the next episode air?

EDIT: I'm not crazy in thinking the opening theme sounds like the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back", am I?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 18, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

EDIT: I'm not crazy in thinking the opening theme sounds like the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back", am I?

The finale airs next Thursday morning.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SirPhoebos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMTaPgnSVu0 :colbert:

edit: Listen to this one instead, I missed that whoever did that other one put some south park in at the end. Which is a shame, because I think it's pretty well-done, but this one's better anyways. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FJSwegork

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 22, 2018

Subtuna
Dec 30, 2008
I am going to be so bummed when this finishes airing next week.

Please let there be a second season down the line, I need my weekly comfy fix.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Subtuna posted:

I am going to be so bummed when this finishes airing next week.

Please let there be a second season down the line, I need my weekly comfy fix.

Encouragement of Climb is getting a third season this year!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

And here I thought I was the only one...

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

There Bias Two posted:

And here I thought I was the only one...

Def not; from 2 months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uWQvLwZkno

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Spiritus Nox posted:

The comforting covers of the Secret Society continue to unfurl over Japan...

:yeah: that was so good, cannot wait for the Japanese Breakfast!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/SaikiRider555/status/975296956296716289

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This new Smash Bros rules

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Nadeshiko makes a very good Kirby.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
But, that means Kirby ate her!!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Nate RFB posted:

But, that means Kirby ate her!!

Or that she ate Kirby and assumed it's form. It really can go either way.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The same thing happened to me in 10th grade while camping in Canada

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just watched an episode where half of it is devoted to cleaning a bowl, and it was perfect.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/flareleo/status/974721621259726849

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

『Shimarin LESSON5』is the ultimate form of the Golden Spiral.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/kulek0/status/973792629744861184

Edit: Also

https://twitter.com/amy30535/status/975746876371685376

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 20, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Nooooooo, my REI dividend and coupons came in! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

what does SummerRin look like?

https://twitter.com/motimotifukurou/status/968125554657382400

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FJSwegork

So I was listening to that one mashup of Yurucamp x Jackson 5 that I linked last week, and apparently some South Park made it in at the end for wtf I dunno reasons. Which is a shame, because I think they did a pretty good job of it. So here's a better execution overall, with Earth Wind, and Campfire feat. Jackson 5.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I 100% fell for the fake-out until this

Great finale. Hopefully we'll get a second season someday.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The sequence in the middle of this episode where they watched the sunrise really captures the essence of this show. Find beauty in the little things, enjoy nature, and set your own pace. Thanks Yurucamp, you're the best.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
This has become one of my very favorite chill slice of life shows. Extra shoutout to the soundtrack for being perfect.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Good ending. :3:

I keep forgetting to mention it, but there was this article on Crunchyroll about a week ago that mentions one of the things I really enjoy about this manga/anime; how it and the other characters treat Rin and her desire for solo camping.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Watched the last episode during my lunch break. Excellent anime that's got me back into the camping mood. I'm taking a weekend trip to Starved Rock in Illinois this Saturday. It's going to be cold and rainy, but I'm undeterred.

I promise to share photos.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
I vote Rin and Nadeshiko for best anime couple.

This was such a great little series, I haven't seen this sort of thing since Non Non Biyori. The ultimate in chill anime technology.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show is concentrated warm & fuzzy, and I loved every moment of it. It's very life-affirming.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, this show was that GOOD Iyashikei poo poo. I felt like it maybe got a hair too slow on the back half, but it's hard to hold that against the show - pacing this sort of show is really hard, and it's much better to go too slow than too fast with this sort of thing. Lovely art, a great protagonist, good character dynamics. So glad I watched.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It's really good. It doesn't do anything surprising but everything it does it does very well.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, this show was that GOOD Iyashikei poo poo. I felt like it maybe got a hair too slow on the back half, but it's hard to hold that against the show - pacing this sort of show is really hard, and it's much better to go too slow than too fast with this sort of thing. Lovely art, a great protagonist, good character dynamics. So glad I watched.

Holy poo poo that's a specific genre?! I need more! Where do I start?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Kozue Amano's works, both manga and anime versions, are a good place to start with Iyashikei. Aria is like the Ur-Example of this sort of uber-chill therapy show, and Amanchu is more recent and also really good - and season 2 hits in a few weeks!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

Iyashikei? It's kind of an unofficial genre, but there's some great shows that fit the bill.

Some of my favorites are Aria the Animation, Non Non Biyori, Amanchu, and Flying Witch.

Since it's not an official tag, but more of a label to describe anything that you find to be "healing", a ton of slice of life shows could be called Iyashikei, like K-ON! or Azumanga Daioh. Some folks would also include shows that have sad themes or episodes but still have that distinct dream-like quality, such as Kino's Journey, Mushishi, and Haibane Renmei.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

What a nice show. They even made sure to let us know the dog was okay. :kimchi:

There Bias Two posted:

The dog-owner in me really worries about that Chihuahua. 0 degrees C is way too cold for a dog that size to be in for an extended period.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Helter Skelter posted:

What a nice show. They even made sure to let us know the dog was okay. :kimchi:

Yes, I really really appreciated that. I can't help but wonder if it was in direct response to viewer requests. It was a quick 10 second scene after all.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mentat Radnor posted:

Iyashikei? It's kind of an unofficial genre, but there's some great shows that fit the bill.

Some of my favorites are Aria the Animation, Non Non Biyori, Amanchu, and Flying Witch.

Since it's not an official tag, but more of a label to describe anything that you find to be "healing", a ton of slice of life shows could be called Iyashikei, like K-ON! or Azumanga Daioh. Some folks would also include shows that have sad themes or episodes but still have that distinct dream-like quality, such as Kino's Journey, Mushishi, and Haibane Renmei.

I mean, I wouldn't say it's entirely a fan-created genre, it's definitely a thing creators intentionally target in some specific ways distinct from 'ordinary' slice-of-life shows. But yeah, the boundries can be kind of a fuzzy and "I know it when I see it" sort of deal.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Someone went ahead and visited the sites from the anime IRL. They're pretty spot on minus a fresh paint job:

https://imgur.com/a/tmXgC

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, I wouldn't say it's entirely a fan-created genre, it's definitely a thing creators intentionally target in some specific ways distinct from 'ordinary' slice-of-life shows. But yeah, the boundries can be kind of a fuzzy and "I know it when I see it" sort of deal.

Oh for sure, authors like Kozue Amano and Hitoshi Ashinano (I forgot to mention Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou in my last post!) absolutely aim for Iyashikei, I just meant that fans often use it as a descriptor for a wider range of series depending on their personal tastes and what they find soul-soothing to watch.

Now I'm curious, do series like Yurucamp and similar ever get described as Iyashikei in their Japanese marketing or promotion at all? The other reason I called it "unofficial" is that I've never seen it mentioned in promos or marketing, and it's not a genre you can search by on MAL or similar.

Awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Greblin posted:

I vote Rin and Nadeshiko for best anime couple.

This was such a great little series, I haven't seen this sort of thing since Non Non Biyori. The ultimate in chill anime technology.

Have you not checked out Flying Witch? It's probably my personal favorite (if only barely, Non Non Biyori is really good and Yurucamp quite comfortably snuggles up there in third), and after watching the end of this I really wanted to go back and watch Flying Witch again.

There Bias Two posted:

Among those already mentioned, I'd add Tanaka-kun is Always Listless.