Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

Isn't Jiraiya way weaker than Orochimaru? Does that mean Orochimaru could beat the Hokages on his own without doing reanimation bullshit?

I think they were supposed to be on the same level but then Orochimaru figured out how to hax his way into kinda immortality while Jiraiya's six feet under so who's the winner now, huh? :orochimarusay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also it is in the middle of a huge forest, which the Land of Fire has a lot of. This is why it’s the Land of (Forest) Fire.

Hidden Sand Village is in the Land of Wind, Hidden Cloud Village the Land of Lightning. The only one with a truly direct connection is The Hidden Stone Village in the Land of Rock. Also the Village Pein and Konan are from was the Hidden Rain Village in the Land of Rain. But that’s not one of the Big 5 Villages.

There's Hidden Mist Village in the Land of Water.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

TwoPair posted:

You can pretty much trace like half of the problems in Naruto back to one Uchiha or another...
Hell, most of what's happened in Naruto's lifetime is literally Obito's fault.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
One thing they sadly cut out is that the First Hokage is extremely happy to hear that there were four others after him. He thought his hidden village plan wouldn't long outlive him.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, we clean up Chapter 1 by going through the side stories! While they do provide supplementary information for the story, these story beats don't provide much actual new information about these characters or their motivations. Still, we gotta see it all, so here we go!
I grouped these together just because they were long enough for their own episode, other side stories will be integrated into the regular episodes from here on out.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So...the story between Hashirama and Madara is literally just Naruto and Sasuke one hundred years in the past then? One edgy dude and one optimistic idiot?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good news! The Ninja Storm trilogy is coming to Switch!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gologle posted:

So...the story between Hashirama and Madara is literally just Naruto and Sasuke one hundred years in the past then? One edgy dude and one optimistic idiot?

Tale as old as time~

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gologle posted:

Yes. And there's a reason for it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Gologle posted:

To be fair it's also basically Romeo and Juliet but Ninjas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Good news! The Ninja Storm trilogy is coming to Switch!

Finally, using joycons I can make the hand signs for various jutsus as QTEs mid fight

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sorry to belabor a joke but I think Scalia was Sasuke.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, the legendary Team 7 finally reunites! With Sasuke back and on the side of the Allied Shinobi Forces, the trio of him, Naruto and Sakura are off to take down the Ten Tails! With this group finally back together on the same side, will their power be enough to push back against Madara and Obito's forces? Or will the Ten Tails prove to much for even the dream team?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
One thing that CyberConnect2 does extremely well is flash. Too bad they could spend a little bit more time on substance, but boy, that flash.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

There is in fact a reason for the Slug, which is that it's based on a Japanese Hand Game like Rock Paper Scissors. Specifically it's that Snake eats Toad, Toad eats Slug and Slug poisons Snake. The 3 summon contracts used are actually equally powerful, although only Sakura uses the real leader of the Slugs, whereas Naruto uses the Son of the leader in this sequence, and Sasuke is just using a Snake he likes. This is because the actual leader of the Snakes is a massive rear end in a top hat.

Sasuke also has Hawks, which are an Uchiha Summon, because the Snakes are of course a thing Orochimaru taught him and Sasuke doesn't actually like Orochimaru very much.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Didn't Sasuke kill the leader of the snakes?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ometeotl posted:

Didn't Sasuke kill the leader of the snakes?

Yes, Sasuke summoned Manda (leader of the Snakes), hid inside his mouth, and used him as a shield to tank Deidara's suicide bomb. Which was complete bullshit, by the way.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Yes, Sasuke summoned Manda (leader of the Snakes), hid inside his mouth, and used him as a shield to tank Deidara's suicide bomb. Which was complete bullshit, by the way.
God, the Great Snake Escape was so stupid.

It's probably one of the dumbest things in the series, and when your competition includes things like "Obito pretending to be Madara pretending to be an idiot for... some reason", among others, that's saying a lot.

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 14, 2018

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, fists and hearts clash all across this battlefield! The cores of many conflicts come to light in this episode as brother faces off against brother, but only one side can stand as truly right in this conflict. Can Obito hold his own long enough for his final plan to execute? And what the hell is Madara on about this time? Find out this and more!

Schubalts posted:

I can't believe UNS2 just glossed over this. There wasn't nearly enough ninja being devoured by large animals in that game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jesus, FutureFriend, where are these burns coming from? 'I expected a better joke so I just started laughing and then, when I realized, I stopped.' Brutal.

Also, did Minato tear off a piece of the 9 tails for himself in the manga or are they just making poo poo up like Fullmetal Alchemist?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Jesus, FutureFriend, where are these burns coming from? 'I expected a better joke so I just started laughing and then, when I realized, I stopped.' Brutal.

Also, did Minato tear off a piece of the 9 tails for himself in the manga or are they just making poo poo up like Fullmetal Alchemist?

He did, specifically Minato halves the ninetails Chakra and took the Yin half so that baby Naruto could safely be the vessel for the Yang half. This is pretty stupid because it’s never been suggested such a thing was necessary until it was asspulled for Minato’s return even though Minato would be a cool guy regardless.

Also Six Sage Obito is op and dumb looking, so he’s got that going for him. On his and Kakashi’s fight they actually do that in the Manga too. Alternating panel sets between modern day and the past. In the manga this is used too show that they’re having the same fight down to the exact same moves.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
"Yang" of course being the Taoist term for "toxic masculinity".

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

just like your uncle who "tells like it is", i say horrible things and end up only getting invited into naruto lps instead of thanksgivings.

FractalSandwich posted:

"Yang" of course being the Taoist term for "toxic masculinity".

if it was, confucius' ghost wouldve made sure to burn taoism to the ground

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also Six Sage Obito is op and dumb looking, so he’s got that going for him. On his and Kakashi’s fight they actually do that in the Manga too. Alternating panel sets between modern day and the past. In the manga this is used too show that they’re having the same fight down to the exact same moves.

I'm doing better than Jay but that's about it. I still don't understand what the Rinnegan is and I've got no idea what this Six Sage stuff is about either.

Obito literally never growing up and still getting his rear end kicked just like he did 18 years ago is still funny as hell though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

I'm doing better than Jay but that's about it. I still don't understand what the Rinnegan is and I've got no idea what this Six Sage stuff is about either.

Obito literally never growing up and still getting his rear end kicked just like he did 18 years ago is still funny as hell though.

Six Sage Stuff is Ninja Jesus bullshit that should never have been part of this story, mostly. The Rinnegan is eyes more special than the Sharingan.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

if it was, confucius' ghost wouldve made sure to burn taoism to the ground
That sounds like a better anime than this one.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
the six sage stuff is dumb but it makes naruto heavily a story about cycles so i kinda respect it honestly

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The world is just a big sharengan. Makes you think.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

He did, specifically Minato halves the ninetails Chakra and took the Yin half so that baby Naruto could safely be the vessel for the Yang half. This is pretty stupid because it’s never been suggested such a thing was necessary until it was asspulled for Minato’s return even though Minato would be a cool guy regardless.

Yeah you'd think the Fox would be a little pissed when he shows up. Like "hey rear end in a top hat thanks for stealing half my energy and taking it to the fuckin' grave". But instead he just looks pumped like Naruto.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So hey... How does the Ten-tails exist? I thought it was supposed to be all the tailed beasts fused together yet Bee and Naruto still have their beasts. I was okay with it when the beasts were just supposed to be powering Madara and Obito's big statue mecha... thing because I guess that's like starting a car that's not gassed all the way up, but now they have the actual ten-tails out, without all the beasts!

Also at this point I'm losing track of who's backstabbing who. So like, after Kakashi kicked Obito's rear end, Madara was just gonna kill him by... turning him grey(?) and I guess using that as a catalyst for him to get reborn as a real boy instead of a zombie boy? And then Obito says gently caress you and absorbs the ten-tails*, yet Madara doesn't seem concerned? Oh and did Madara always have two Rinnegan eyes? How, because Obito for sure has one of them. None of this makes sense, I need one of the supernerds in this thread to help me understand!

*Also I guess this is just an "anime in general" thing, but it was real nicestupid of Sasuke and Naruto's dad to just let Obito take his time saying how his plan wasn't over and how he'd kill them all instead of finishing him off or anything.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

As I recall Madara and Obito managed to get one of Gyuki's Tails and a bunch of Chakra from the Nine-Tails eaten by the Silver and Gold Brothers, who famously lived inside it's stomach for several weeks and ate it's flesh from the inside until it threw them up. So they "technically" had all the beasts and once all 9 parts are in it, no matter how small, the Ten-Tails eventually fully revives due to the nature of Chakra, which is that Chakra will create more Chakra inside a living being.

The backstabbing at this point is pretty simple, Madara was just using Obito to his own ends, so Obito says gently caress you and goes ahead with his own version of the plan. Madara isn't worried because he's Madara and has 2 Rinnegan Eyes because he still has both his own eyes, and the Rinnegan is a weird thing that I can't remember if they explain in a bit or already have explained, so I'll drop a spoiler bar about it. Rinnegan is a Sharingan empowered by having Senju Chakra, Madara has some of the First Hokage's flesh grafted on his body somewhere or some of his Chakra and that's why he has the Rinnegan, same thing for Obito, the Ten-Tails also grants them.

If you want like, a non-stupid reason for not interrupting the sealing of the Ten-Tails it's because sealing things like that is already dangerous enough when it goes right. Interrupting it could potentially create a Chakra Nuke that would wipe out everything.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

TwoPair posted:

*Also I guess this is just an "anime in general" thing, but it was real nicestupid of Sasuke and Naruto's dad to just let Obito take his time saying how his plan wasn't over and how he'd kill them all instead of finishing him off or anything.
That's a "basically every action movie since the dawn of Hollywood" thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

That's a "basically every action movie since the dawn of Hollywood" thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XuTrU64rcU&t=58s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRlh_w6uRds

The Incredibles is a perfectly structured movie.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TwoPair posted:

Also at this point I'm losing track of who's backstabbing who. So like, after Kakashi kicked Obito's rear end, Madara was just gonna kill him by... turning him grey(?) and I guess using that as a catalyst for him to get reborn as a real boy instead of a zombie boy? And then Obito says gently caress you and absorbs the ten-tails*, yet Madara doesn't seem concerned? Oh and did Madara always have two Rinnegan eyes? How, because Obito for sure has one of them.

Madara forced Obito to use the Outer Path resurrection on him to bring him back to life, which is why Obito's hair turned white. But instead of immediately dying from the strain Obito was able to absorb the Ten-Tails instead of Madara. And the reason Madara has two Rinnegan is because he's still a reanimated corpse. Obito has one of his real eyes, we haven't seen the other yet.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

As I recall Madara and Obito managed to get one of Gyuki's Tails and a bunch of Chakra from the Nine-Tails eaten by the Silver and Gold Brothers, who famously lived inside it's stomach for several weeks and ate it's flesh from the inside until it threw them up. So they "technically" had all the beasts and once all 9 parts are in it, no matter how small, the Ten-Tails eventually fully revives due to the nature of Chakra, which is that Chakra will create more Chakra inside a living being.
Which, of course, raises the question of why they needed to kill all the other jinchuriki in the first place, instead of just doing that with all of them.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Madara has some of the First Hokage's flesh grafted on his body somewhere or some of his Chakra and that's why he has the Rinnegan,
It still annoys me that any idiot can apparently shoot up with Hashirama's blood to get his wood powers (which are explicitly a combined-element bloodline ability, per the introduction of those as a concept ages ago), but none of his actual relatives have it. Like, it wouldn't have killed Kishimoto to let Tsunade do it too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
genes/blood is different from flesh/meat.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

U.T. Raptor posted:

Which, of course, raises the question of why they needed to kill all the other jinchuriki in the first place, instead of just doing that with all of them.

Well the answer to that is quite obviously "cause gently caress it, that's why" :v:

but more seriously it's probably because eliminating the jinchuriki ensures that they won't stand against Madara when poo poo like this whole world takeover scheme happens.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

U.T. Raptor posted:

The method they used to extract the tailed-beasts killed the host and it suits their purposes to collect the entire beast. In fact I think you can't extract a tailed-beast without killing the host.

U.T. Raptor posted:

It still annoys me that any idiot can apparently shoot up with Hashirama's blood to get his wood powers (which are explicitly a combined-element bloodline ability, per the introduction of those as a concept ages ago), but none of his actual relatives have it. Like, it wouldn't have killed Kishimoto to let Tsunade do it too.

Not anyone. Orochimaru injected sixty babies with the DNA and only one survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also they can cheat on the 8 and 9 tails primarily because they have the most and densest chakra of the tailed beasts anyway, so it mattters less that they don’t have the entire Tailed Beast. I assume making substitutes for every Beast wouldn’t work for bringing back the ten-tails, it’s just that with 7 already gotten they can fudge the last 2 and it still works, although as we’ve seen the ten-tails isn’t at full strength yet, probably because it doesn’t have all 9 tailed beasts inside it.

Hosts can technically survive an extraction, if they get immediate med-nin attention and are healthy already. Even then Gaara only survived because an old lady killed herself healing him if I remember correctly.

• Locked thread