Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

tao of lmao posted:

Is there a single Unitied fan who wants to keep Fellaini? Seems the manager is the only guy who wants him and he’s dying to leave.

If he was cheap I'd say keep him for emergencies, but I'd want to pay him less than he makes now, not more.

Martial out would be a loving disaster. Mata should be kept as well. His record this season when starting is stellar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

kcer posted:

conversely, I can't remember the last time I saw shaw play and thought he was particularly good

He was good against Bournemouth and CSKA, beyond that he's been sitting on the bench being slagged off by Mourinho. Imagine if he got to play football what he could achieve!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol that Jose wants to get rid of Mata again

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

United have something like an 80% win percentage with Mata and a 40% without. Mental Mourinho would want to get rid. I saw someone say today that they should get rid of Mourinho at this point for the good of the team.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Didn’t Jose talk about what a great buy Mata was just like last week?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I hope Jose goes to whatever club he sells Mata too then sells him again

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

United have something like an 80% win percentage with Mata and a 40% without. Mental Mourinho would want to get rid. I saw someone say today that they should get rid of Mourinho at this point for the good of the team.

Is this because Mata only gets played against weak teams because Jose doesn't like him enough to put him in the first choice XI?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jota posted:

I hope Jose goes to whatever club he sells Mata too then sells him again

5 years from now mata is starring for guangzhou or doha or something and HERE COMES JOSE

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Mata is a weak little pussy who has to be accomodated in the team and I hope he stays at Man United

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Maybe Mourinho should bring Shinji home to Manchester.

#Kagawaback.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

What was his preferred position, anyway?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sphyre posted:

What was his preferred position, anyway?

As a number 10 but that role doesn't really exist in that sense anymore. He, much like Mkhitaryan, are also reliant on having water carriers behind them so they don't have to worry about any defensive responsibility.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I believe Mkhitaryan is averaging over 2 successful tackles/game with Arsenal so far, not bad for one of their front 3

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i think there is a long list of attackers that dont do their full duty defensively

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope Mourinho stays at United forever

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
No, any number of more entertaining options available. Paul Ince, Roy Keane, Giggs... really any former United player. Instant hilarity. Imagine an inspirational halftime speech from Paul Scholes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ewar Woowar posted:

I hope Mourinho stays at United forever

a manager who wins them trophies what a nightmare

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Vinestalk posted:

No, any number of more entertaining options available. Paul Ince, Roy Keane, Giggs... really any former United player. Instant hilarity. Imagine an inspirational halftime speech from Paul Scholes.

You joke but a semi autistic *shuffles feet* "Well er cmon lads that's just not really good enough for Manchester United is it?" would probably be received better than Mourinho's character assassinations in the press.

If my memory serves me correctly, it takes Luke Shaw a while to get back up to fitness and form after time out, van Gaal took a while to trust him and be willing to play him as well. Mourinho clearly does not have that sort of patience at the moment and with the form Young is in, why should he have?

The making GBS threads on players in the press though, if it was Just Ferguson that doesn't do that I could maybe think "hmm well he's just different" but I'm struggling to think of another manager that routinely names individuals and throws them under a bus. It wasn't that long ago Mourinho was waxing lyrical about "winning together, losing together" and now recently he apparently told the players that when they win, they all win, but when they lose he's the one that loses. I can SORT OF see what he means there, in that he's the one that comes under the pressure and press attention etc etc, but that's not the sort of :qq: that should be going on in the dressing room.

It's like he's still struggling to please all people (play attacking football, play the younger players, don't lose) and stick to what he knows works for him (be loving bloody minded on the pitch, don't lose at all costs) and this is how he vents his frustrations. Football Ramble likened it to what happened at Real Madrid and it's certainly got parallels, except for a league title :v:

None if this is a boo hoo we've only won the League Cup and Europa League, trophies are trophies, but silverware or not that's not how you get the best out of players, certainly not younger players already low on confidence.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Football Ramble also pointed out he knows he's hosed because what other big club is going to take him, so we're in the Mourinho death spiral right now.

I'd love him to go to Arsenal and give them the boring statistically dependable football Wenger hasn't and have them all crying for Arsene again

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

vyelkin posted:

Is this because Mata only gets played against weak teams because Jose doesn't like him enough to put him in the first choice XI?

that sounds like something you learned from watching games and putting results into a wider context, it has no place in the world of advanced stats.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Strawman posted:

that sounds like something you learned from watching games and putting results into a wider context, it has no place in the world of advanced stats.

Thing is, cohesion and transition from midfield to attack has appeared visibly better whenever Mata has been involved or subbed on. Mata's only "wtf why?" moment I can recall was the attempt at the spectacular overhead kick against Liverpool when he had half a pitch of space around him and time to take it down and bury it or at least force a save.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Idk if this stat is advanced or not but Mata has 3 goals in 35 appearances this season.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
if you're going to point fingers re: united not scoring goals i think big match rom is a better target than mata

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

if you're going to point fingers re: united not scoring goals i think big match rom is a better target than mata

:confused: this seems an odd finger to point considering he's got over 20 for the season.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Lukaku has 25 goals. 25 is a lot more than 3.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Football Ramble also pointed out he knows he's hosed because what other big club is going to take him, so we're in the Mourinho death spiral right now.

Nailed on for PSG at some stage, surely?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blue footed boobie posted:

Didn’t Jose talk about what a great buy Mata was just like last week?

Jose talks a lot of poo poo. He's been saying that Luke Shaw has a bright and long future ahead of him at United, then almost never gives him games. He's talked up Martial, but is now seemingly getting rid of him.

I'm not surprised the players aren't putting in consistently good performances, because as Ninpo points out, this is largely a young squad and young squads don't tend to have a lot of self-confidence, especially when members of said squad are -- for example -- coming back from potential career ending injuries and have their manager talk poo poo about them in front of the press for being pussies who ask to be taken off when their formerly broken leg gets injured during a game.

Basically at this point gently caress Jose Mourinho. I don't care if United are second in the table and playing for the FA Cup, I can't stand his bullshit approach to management and wish he'd take his retarded mentality to PSG or something.

And yes, getting rid of Mata would be insane.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

vyelkin posted:

Surely the reason is against "better teams" the setup is significantly more defensive

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

fat gay nonce posted:

Surely the reason is against "better teams" the setup is significantly more defensive

That too. For all the poo poo Lukaku got about "big games", the ones we've broken tradition on at Old Trafford (Liverpool, Chelsea) and actually attacked, Lukaku has delivered. He cuts a very lonely figure in the matches like the one against City.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/MsiDouglas/status/976051578410012672

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I am enjoying Klopp ball, but I would gladly endure some Mourinho meltdowns if it got some new trophies in the cabinet.

I’m a bad human being, though.

What are the rules in place right now? Don’t many English teams have betting sponsors?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

What are the rules in place right now? Don’t many English teams have betting sponsors?

It's gotta be because it's the U-18's. Illegal to bet at that age, etc.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

It's gotta be because it's the U-18's. Illegal to bet at that age, etc.

Seems unfair. If you cared about eliminating toxic gambling culture, you’d outlaw Pokemon and video games. The hard working bookie shouldn’t be suffering as a result of the poor parenting in Broken Britain.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Brony Car posted:

Seems unfair. If you cared about eliminating toxic gambling culture, you’d outlaw Pokemon and video games. The hard working bookie shouldn’t be suffering as a result of the poor parenting in Broken Britain.

shut up

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Brony Car posted:

I am enjoying Klopp ball, but I would gladly endure some Mourinho meltdowns if it got some new trophies in the cabinet.
lol

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
cannot get my head around the logic here, yeah he wins us trophies and yeah he's getting us the results, but he was mean to luke shaw so I hope he fucks off???

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

kcer posted:

cannot get my head around the logic here, yeah he wins us trophies and yeah he's getting us the results, but he was mean to luke shaw so I hope he fucks off???

Doesn't seem ridiculous to dislike having a manager who acts bigger than the club

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
this is still tame Jose behaviour. things will get worse and the negatives will start showing up every day in the media. lol to the united fans concerned now, it’s just starting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Judging by how Conte is reacting currently it seems mourinho had a point at Chelsea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

hadji murad posted:

this is still tame Jose behaviour. things will get worse and the negatives will start showing up every day in the media. lol to the united fans concerned now, it’s just starting.

For real. Given that season 3 is the typical Jose meltdown season, his stint with United is shaping up to end with a real banger.

• Locked thread