Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Additionally, if I just run like six clients on my computer to reroll, can I just continually/close open them out or is it better to do the Facebook log in and log out with each?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Sounds like we’re doing this thang then. Is the unit list from the wiki a good one to follow for top tier guys? I was also reading the FFBE beginners guide on reddit which had a list of “top” tier units to hope for on rerolling.

And just so I’m understanding that I’m doing this properly, I have an account linked to a dummy Facebook with initial pulls already done on it. I log out of that, start a new game, rush through tutorial, do my pulls and a) if I don’t like them then I log in to my dummy facebook, log out, and repeat from step one, b) if I do like them, link to main Facebook and I’m finished

Sorry if I made that convoluted but I’m just trying to make sure I’m not screwing myself because I want a nasty rear end dual wielding/two handing top tier warrior type. I’m going to be in here with probably a lot more annoying questions as I’ve never played a final fantasy game and played very few games like this in general, but am loving this.

Because of UoC tickets I would roll for any unit that has a 7* form and is a damage unit; although that's debatable as some would say pulling Ayaka now as a starting unit saves you from having to worry about rolling her later and it's her or CG Fina(and Yuna I suppose) as your best healers.

Here is the copied, pasted, and pruned list from reddit, of the 7* unit aggregated rankings. Obviously this list does not include Global Exclusive units, which are almost always quite good, and we should probably expect their 7* forms won't be terrible.
    Loren
    Ayaka
    Pyro Glacial Lasswell
    Aileen
    Blossom Sage Sakura
    Yuna (coming soon)
    Dark Veritas
    Wilhelm
    CG Fina (coming soon)
    Queen
    Trance Terra
    Cloud
    Lunera
    Tidus
    Balthier
    Duke
    Emperor
    Kunshira (coming soon)
    Lightning
    Lulu (coming soon)
    Noctis
    Beatrix
    Ramza
    Knight Delita
    Orlandeau
    Roy
    Ray Jack
    Aranea
    Delita
    Gilgamesh
    Rem
    Eiko
    Luneth
    Merc. Ramza
    Onion Knight
    Swim Suit Dark Fina
    Elfreeda
    Gladiolus
    Dark Fina
    Light Veritas
    Prishe
    Prompto
    Ace
    Fohlen
    DK Cecil
    Flame Veritas
    Marie

Bob NewSCART posted:

Additionally, if I just run like six clients on my computer to reroll, can I just continually/close open them out or is it better to do the Facebook log in and log out with each?

Emulators specifically have a feature that allow for multiple instancing; it's a button on Nox called mutliplayer. See here

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 20, 2018

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I pulled a 5* rainbow zaggarbarth just now and also a 3* vaan with it, but nothing else really. Only reason I mention that is because I’ve seen zaggarbarth mentioned before and I don’t want to toss him if he’s super rare because he looks pretty cool, and I’ve also heard good things about vaan but I’m not sure if that was outdated

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Emulators specifically have a feature that allow for multiple instancing; it's a button on Nox called mutliplayer. See here

Specifically what I was referring to. Basically I was curious if it’s better to just close out and open new instances using this, or have a set number of instances open and reset them repeatedly using the Facebook trick?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Personally, I'd just go the instance route and not touch anything facebook related until I was ready to choose a roll.

Also don't keep Zarg. He's been extremely power creeped by bards and I don't have faith enough in Gumi giving him an amazing 7* form.

Lastly, the only 3/4* characters you care about are: Zidane, Warrior of Light and Mystea. People will argue for other ones but Mystea and Warrior of Light are the best 4* tanks; covering AOE magic and physical respectively. Zidane has the only TMR you care about: Dual-Wield(this is another good reason to roll for Loren as her TMR is DW+, drat shame her banner fell off today). Other than those three, I really wouldn't concern myself with any other unit that isn't 5* right now.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 20, 2018

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Personally, I'd just go the instance route and not touch anything facebook related until I was ready to choose a roll.

Also don't keep Zarg. He's been extremely power creeped by bards and I don't have faith enough in Gumi giving him an amazing 7* form.

Lastly, the only 3/4* characters you care about are: Zidane, Warrior of Light and Mystea. People will argue for other ones but Mystea and Warrior of Light are the best 4* tanks; covering AOE magic and physical respectively. Zidane has the only TMR you care about : Dual-Wield(this is another good reason to roll for Loren as her TMR is DW+, drat shame her banner fell off today). Other than those three, I really wouldn't concern myself with any other unit that isn't 5* right now.

I pulled warrior of light actually with my exdeath pull, maybe I have another good tiered character in that pull as well lol. Would that be considered a keeper even though I pulled them both at 3/4*?

Can I start farming for TMR(?) as soon as I’ve got poo poo up and running on my computer as well? I love the idea of botting tbh because I was a huge diablo 2 player

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Mar 20, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

I pulled warrior of light actually with my exdeath pull, maybe I have another good tiered character in that pull as well lol. Would that be considered a keeper even though I pulled them both at 3/4*?

Can I start farming for TMR(?) as soon as I’ve got poo poo up and running on my computer as well? I love the idea of botting tbh because I was a huge diablo 2 player

No! Pull a good 5* character. Don't even think about 3*s and 4*s right now.

Yes, you can start farming TMRs right away if you really want to. It's far less exciting than Diablo 2 botting though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ticket gave me two rainbows, my first fire veritas and my second zargaman. Hey, I'll take the potential good 7* buffer.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Didn’t go full balls deep on Batch 3, but used all my 4*s, 1 lapis 10+1, and the 10+1 ticket. This is also including 15 vanilla tickets AND what few EX tickets I had. So 20 something pulls on banner.

Only banner rainbow I got was Veritas of Light.

OFF banner...

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Muffin, gimme that TT!

Edit: my whole morning is just a ticker tape parade of muffin tricking out his shines new TTerra.

Kjermzs fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 20, 2018

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Which category should I be spending my rare summons on for rerolling right now? There is the two women’s day batches, and then a third limited time one on top of the standard rare summon

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Batch 2 has some of the best healers out there. Ayaka for example.

Batch 3 has some of the best magical damage. Trance Terra for example.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
I know most everyone ignores the plot and all but...

So this season is pretty much a shameless retread of Fist of the North Star's second season, yes? There's even a Hyoh right out the gate.

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 20, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Agreed posted:

I actually got Eiko and Aileen #2 trying for Steiner. I just wanted a higher damage sword for A2 to maybe get her close to 1200 Atk. But hey I will 100% take a huge upgrade for my whole team instead.

If I could trade you, I’d give you one of my Steiners. I ended up with six of him :sigh:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

Which category should I be spending my rare summons on for rerolling right now? There is the two women’s day batches, and then a third limited time one on top of the standard rare summon

People will disagree but I'd skip both of the limited banners for now. CG Fina comes out, probably next week and can fill the role of top tier healer and top tier MAG damage.So I would just roll on the RARE SUMMON BANNER.

I think the best thing you could roll would be a Dark Veritas because he's excellent at 7* and he's still really good now. He also has a TMR that is very very good. Loren is really good at 7* but not great at 6*. Tidus is a solid choice as well because he can play DPS and support very well; and his 7* is good too. Orlandeau is also good, though not as good at 7* as Dark Veritas and more limited in his role now; but is A+ DPS at both 6* and 7*. Pyro Glacial Laswell is good if not great now, but should be more than fine and becomes amazing at 7*.

Note: 7* stuff is still 10~ away for the majority of the units we're talking about. Who knows if they'll gently caress the release dates around like they did with the enhancements and leave Aileen people waiting for the meta to almost pass her by before giving her the big upgrade.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

LadyPictureShow posted:

If I could trade you, I’d give you one of my Steiners. I ended up with six of him :sigh:

Actually now I'm looking at either Tonitrus the lightning GS, or actually letting her use Artisan now that Aileen is becoming more popular and she can do more damage than Ex. Aileen when dual wielding. I have a number of Aileen friends that have enhanced.

Still looking forward to pulling Steiner eventually but at this time I reckon I can make do.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
CG Fina coming up this week, looking forward to burning my ~130 tickets to not get her. :confuoot:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

CG Fina coming up this week, looking forward to burning my ~130 tickets to not get her. :confuoot:

I'll throw down a roll for her with the story lapis, at first I liked the 4* with the +45 MAG accessory but then I kind of realized I probably wouldn't use more than 1 or 2 of them; if that.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

No rainbows off 10+1 ticket, but off banner rainbow for half price. I haven't gotten e
Aileen, but today was Wilhelm #2, so basically the one of best possible off banners I could have gotten!

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Dark Fina from Batch 3 and Ace from the 10+1, I somehow feel robbed even though I just pulled 2 Rainbows.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I got my first Dark Fina today. At least it was something new.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Burned a 10+1 ticket in hopes of getting Barbariccia. I got lucky with two rainbows, got Barbariccia and Dark Fina.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Bob NewSCART posted:

You guys like memu or nox more?

Use Memu

Also, for the banner - there are basically no bad pulls on this banner. CG Fina is a great healer and can deal damage. The cat is a solid hybrid dps with some group resist buffs and a variety of damage types. The dog has a good magic accessory and is probably the worst pull for most people, despite the fact that it’s better than the majority of units we’ve had over the past several new banners - he has a 60% light imperil for those who are trying to do one-shot setups. The 3* is trash but has an excellent ice katana with baked in killers. You should be doing dailies at least as any on-banner is, at worst, good.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 20, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Quite is not edit

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I did :retrogames: on batch 3 and only got Sakura. Also in the middle of it I accidentally threw one ticket into the Tomb Raider banner and got E.Aileen. I think I'm just going to quit pulling for a nice, long, while. :sigh:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Scrublord Prime posted:

I did :retrogames: on batch 3 and only got Sakura. Also in the middle of it I accidentally threw one ticket into the Tomb Raider banner and got E.Aileen. I think I'm just going to quit pulling for a nice, long, while. :sigh:

That sounds... pretty good?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It's not what they expected.

Spoiler alert, shelling out that much thinking it's gonna pay out based on some hypothetical 7-star future game you're playing in your head just means you're gonna be extra sad when you don't get the banner unit.

Explorer Aileen is grood, Sakura is grood.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Oh yeah, they are mechanically solid units. I've just got a strong distaste for Sakura (really most of the main cast) and I was hoping to secure a 7* on the mage banner with 70 tickets. I'll TM 'em but I doubt I'll make room in my party for them.

e: Dark Fina would've been a bigger strikeout too, I don't have any of her

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Counterpoint: Sakura owns

EDIT: I mean, I get you, I'm about to drop 98 tickets on CG Fina's banner but I'm under no illusion that the odds are highly against me. I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing what off banner rainbows I pull.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 20, 2018

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i got russel’s tm today

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The 10+1 today delivered. I finally have Olive. F2P is slow but I'm getting a few decent units.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Ratzap posted:

The 10+1 today delivered. I finally have Olive. F2P is slow but I'm getting a few decent units.

Olive carried my sorry rear end through most of this game, I love that girl.

Back in the day I didn't have any 5* chainers, so I'd do 2x Setzer chains and cap with Olive's True Shot.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
My 10+1 was terrible for me, because there were no rainbows on it. My last two had three total, though, so I'm not mad.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m just planning on using dailies for good banners and otherwise stockpiling all my ex stuff for when Sephiroth/CG Nichol comes out. Right now our updates are very scatter-shot compared to the JP release schedule, not even counting the collabs we aren’t going to get. Based on the time span we’re operating on, Sephiroth could be as early as next month (note: this is incredibly unlikely to happen. Just used as a point for how different our update schedule is now).

arisu posted:

Back in the day I didn't have any 5* chainers, so I'd do 2x Setzer chains and cap with Olive's True Shot.

I did this as well. And didn’t have DW for them. Chaining the longest animation finisher with the shortest animation chain (Red Card) makes everything else seem ridiculously easy in comparison.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

arisu posted:

Counterpoint: Sakura owns

I'm still hoping we get a Monster Hunter collab(maybe with the PC release?! :v:) so I can get yet another Sakura and be one step closer to a full Sakura party.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Ugato posted:

I did this as well. And didn’t have DW for them. Chaining the longest animation finisher with the shortest animation chain (Red Card) makes everything else seem ridiculously easy in comparison.

That's rough. I had at least one DW materia to spare by this time and for my second Setzer I had a second knife.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Reroll guy: stop rerolling yourself. Take my advice from earlier and pick up an account from some reddit nerd

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cobalt60 posted:

Reroll guy: stop rerolling yourself. Take my advice from earlier and pick up an account from some reddit nerd

Yeah I meant to say this before but the fact that this exists is amazing. Unless you’re rerolling for some insane account this is bound to be far and away the easiest option.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

110 tickets here, I feel your pessimism :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

10+1 gave no rainbows but I got a Leon and now have an 1100atk orlandu

• Locked thread