Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I can't believe Casca's first words were, "Berserk is on hiatus again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Amazing, Casca was really a shapeshifted Judeau all along

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
yeah, why would they make Casca forgive Griffith for everything and reform the band of the hawk together?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Easy Rider posted:

Does anyone know if there's going to be another installment next month? This would be the worst hiatus.

i dunno but there is this

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/976092397410004992

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The "next chapter" message at the end (which was left in Japanese because ?????) indicates hiatus. RIP.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have gooseflesh from just looking at this and reading the summary

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

LordMune posted:

The "next chapter" message at the end (which was left in Japanese because ?????) indicates hiatus. RIP.

4-5 chapter batches is pretty average for Miura at this point, honestly I'm just grateful this one made it so far. I'm a little more worried about whether or not it says anything about when the series picks up again (this summer/sometime in fall) since Miura usually sticks to his schedule, even an extremely vague one. No indication usually seems to mean "see you next year, maybe!"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Did a new idolmaster game come out?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it releases in 'spring 2018' but isn't quite out. so he's kind of jumping the gun

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
His body isn't quite ready so he's starting now to make sure.

Wipe that foul game from the earth so we may finish Berserk before we all die.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

he needs extra time to draw the costumes for the idol group Casca is starting up

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

U-DO Burger posted:

he needs extra time to draw the costumes for the idol group Casca is starting up

I'm ready for the spinoff.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I have seen some of the pages from this chapter and whoever has been complaining about Miura's art being wack now will have to eat their words.

Though Caska does look a bit more fairy-ish than she did before.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's likely intentional, and she does appear to be draw a bit more like her old form back closer to the end of the Golden Age.

That being said, Miura's recent art for the characters has been very hit and miss by his standards. Latter end of Millennium Falcon was the sweet spot for his characters, imo, but if you think about it, that was also a very long time ago.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's likely intentional, and she does appear to be draw a bit more like her old form back closer to the end of the Golden Age.

It's definitely intentional, as the text explicitly says she looks different, like an amalgam of both of her past selves.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Could not resist, could not read or comprehend, fuckin art is amazing and it looks exciting. drat YOU FOR ANOTHER BREAK IF TRUE

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Wait a minute, what's with that final tree, have we seen it before? Is the hawk of light coming to town?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

That's just the big cherry blossom tree in the elf place. Griffith isn't approaching. Caska's memories of what happened have come back through and she's pulling a Laura Palmer.
Sigh. Now to wait six months to see if she be able to process her grief with Guts and they'll both cry a lot and try to overcome it together or if she's gonna be repulsed by him and unable to deal with the pain. I thought they already did the therapy with the dream but there's still so much more to go!
Goddamn it.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Ccs posted:

That's just the big cherry blossom tree in the elf place. Griffith isn't approaching. Caska's memories of what happened have come back through and she's pulling a Laura Palmer.
Sigh. Now to wait six months to see if she be able to process her grief with Guts and they'll both cry a lot and try to overcome it together or if she's gonna be repulsed by him and unable to deal with the pain. I thought they already did the therapy with the dream but there's still so much more to go!
Goddamn it.

I think the dream work to restore her was so she could process what happened to her without breaking down immediately, but that she still has to process it consciously, not to mention everything that's happened since.

I can't wait for the translation so I can actually tell what's going on.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
read a speed scan that's going around

burst out laughing at the sight of Casca in her fairy dress

There's something very surreal about this chapter, I dunno, it's kinda like the dream isn't quite finished? Like, reality has now radically shifted with Casca being awake, but we don't get to feel that thanks to the fairy queen stepping in and distracting us from it. We don't get to really witness the new reality before it comes crashing down.

loving hiatus

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Has she even been called Elaine in like 200 chapters?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't believe I just read new casca dialogue

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I can't believe I just read new casca dialogue

It's surreal

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

RatHat posted:

Has she even been called Elaine in like 200 chapters?
I completely forgot about that name

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Elaine is the Idea's true name

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

please don't go on hiatus this is too much I need to see what happens next :negative:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn it. Way to end on that cliffhanger Mirua.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I genuinely can't think of a crueler way to go on hiatus. Miura is an evil fucker.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm glad that Casca remembers the gang, but holy poo poo it's really cruel to have her forget about the eclipse until the moment she saw Guts. This isn't gonna end well. :smith:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm glad that Casca remembers the gang, but holy poo poo it's really cruel to have her forget about the eclipse until the moment she saw Guts. This isn't gonna end well. :smith:

Yeah, I think seeing Guts legitimately triggered her PTSD of the Eclipse?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
English translation here: https://imgur.com/gallery/TIh0q

That this is happening is more surreal than them finally getting off the boat.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

"Is her revival more than just good memories!?"

:thunk:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

U-DO Burger posted:

She's gonna cry and they'll hug. I think this Faerie Queen has done this sort of thing before :colbert:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Hodgepodge posted:

I think this Faerie Queen has done this sort of thing before :colbert:
She can't even control Puck. :11tea:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well good golly gosh. If you had told me just 8 years ago that we'd be seeing Caska woken up I wouldn't have believed you!

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
This is all just Griffith's dream.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Casca is the Kwisatz Haderach "THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

U-DO Burger posted:

She has pleasant memories of him when she's wearing the dress, even after the eclipse; its just when she specifically sees what he looks like now, the worry probably shadowing over his face and the reality that he cares with him is the bombshell of the eclipse all over again. The face of a man remorseful that he abandoned her to seek vengeance, or more likely to die in a battle with some hellspawn. The man possessed by a monster that almost made him kill her. The human wallowing in the blood of who knows how many slain people and apostles. A walking mass of scars just like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a hiatus you mother fucker god drat it