Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Fair play to the guy if he's integrated into his society. Meanwhile I'm having to hire Urdu intepreters for lazy cunts who's lived here 50 years and haven't bothered to learn a single word of English.

Ha ha yeah for sure man build the wall and stop the boats. Glad we could have this talk in the monster hunter thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is there a way to see the elemental damage cap of a certain weapon without just slotting elemental damage decorations until it tops out?

I don't know the math but from what I've seen most people park their <element>+ skills at level 3.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Captain Beans posted:

I’ve been told the hammers stun values per attack are not directly linked to damage in previous MonHun games. Anyone know if that is true in World? I’ve not been able to find legit info that shows stun values per each attack.

It's fixed. https://mhworld.kiranico.com/guide/hammer

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

And Tyler Too! posted:

I don't know the math but from what I've seen most people park their <element>+ skills at level 3.

Some weapons hit their cap earlier than that, I'm just wondering if there's a way to tell beforehand

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It wouldn't be SA unless there were massive arguments about how streamers are good/terrible. This is true for literally every game.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

just give me more hair options capcom

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
am i missing something with popping phials into your shield with Charge Blade? it seems like 90% of the time the cancel straight up doesn't work, is the window just way tighter than it looks?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Million Ghosts posted:

am i missing something with popping phials into your shield with Charge Blade? it seems like 90% of the time the cancel straight up doesn't work, is the window just way tighter than it looks?

I was having trouble with this last night, too, and I think you just have to wait a half second longer than you think to R2. Either that or you can't be holding Tri+Cir when you do it, maybe? I was trying both and never quite got it to 100% trigger.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

v1ld posted:

Holy poo poo, I was going to post about Monster Hunter World, a great game in what everyone says is a great series but which I sadly ignored until now. But then I read your lovely posts and I think man, posting these consistently lovely opinions is like missing that SAED when Nergi ambles away from you and everyone else knew that was going to happen. You know, embarrassing.

But then you post this poo poo and I think, your posts are even worse - like getting an AED when you thought you had charged your shield.

Watch the Team Darksiders Charge Blade video, it'll improve your game.

I mean, it can't make your posting worse.

What. Read the other half of that post you quoted, it's literally, "who gives a poo poo about what this dude does with his life, watch his videos and git gud."

In case it wasn't clear, I'm agreeing with you. GH is cool and people confused/commenting about his lifestyle/whatever are dumb. Weeaboo literally just means a non-Japanese person that embraces the culture, so it is an accurate one and done term. Does that matter? gently caress no, dude makes great vids and has done so much for this community, he frankly should get more references in the games, Arrekz too.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
What cancel do you guys mean? You just press R2+Circle when your phial meter is glowing yellow or red then you plug those fuckers in there. Same thing with white, but you won’t get any new charge from it and the animation is longer.

Do you mean canceling from loading phials into the elemental discharge? In that case just press R2+Circle, Triangle+Circle, then Triangle+Circle again. You can make Tri+O if you want. If you mean canceling from the discharge into charging your shield, then after you hit Tri+O a second time just start hammering on R2 and it should work. The timing is very generous.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Million Ghosts posted:

I have about 90 CB hours, have finished the main game and am into the post game if that's even an appropriate term for this game.

I mash the cancel and still miss it sometimes. So, yeah. But, hey, you hopefully bopped something with that uncharged axe chop when it didn't register (not me, I look an idiot hating the ground when this happens).

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean charging the shield with 5 loaded phials, specifically the one you need to Cir+Tri (to lunge), Cir+Tri (to shield poke), Cir+Tri (to discharge except somewhere in the animation you cancel with R2 to turn your shield icon blue, which I think is how you build to the SAED vs just the AED).

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
yeah the shield bash -> discharge -> cancel combo is the one i mean. on paper you're right it's pretty easy but for whatever reason the R2 doesn't seem to come out like it should. i'm sure i'm missing something obvious and just need to mess with it more.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

And charging your sword is after you charge the shield, same as loading phials but press triangle during the animation and hold it and let go when the sword "locks" into position.

The real skill of Charge Blade is learning how the moves flow and chain and then being able to slide slash, charge, shield thrust, load phials, discharge cancel back into sword, round slash, shield thrust, charged strike, load, then go straight into an SAED, all while staying on the monster and chaining them fluidly without getting hit. When you have achieved that level of mastery, you're basically CB jesus.

Edit: the time to cancel is when you have the shield "behind" you with the sword locked in. You do a revolution and bring the shield across from your back left to middle right, but there's a brief pause where the shield is presented to the camera, almost like a backward guard point. That's when you cancel.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 20, 2018

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Does anyone know how/if water attack decorations interact with water shot, and so on for the respective elemental shots? I'd like to get to element gunning but I haven't found a way to tell how many decos I actually need per element, unlike the melee weapons hitting an orange number.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Does anyone know how/if water attack decorations interact with water shot, and so on for the respective elemental shots? I'd like to get to element gunning but I haven't found a way to tell how many decos I actually need per element, unlike the melee weapons hitting an orange number.

According to the Arekkz LBG tutorial, it does. No idea how to check cap, though.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

And charging your sword is after you charge the shield, same as loading phials but press triangle during the animation and hold it and let go when the sword "locks" into position.

The real skill of Charge Blade is learning how the moves flow and chain and then being able to slide slash, charge, shield thrust, load phials, discharge cancel back into sword, round slash, shield thrust, charged strike, load, then go straight into an SAED, all while staying on the monster and chaining them fluidly without getting hit. When you have achieved that level of mastery, you're basically CB jesus.

Edit: the time to cancel is when you have the shield "behind" you with the sword locked in. You do a revolution and bring the shield across from your back left to middle right, but there's a brief pause where the shield is presented to the camera, almost like a backward guard point. That's when you cancel.

I know that feeling with a couple other weapons and for me that's the real draw of the series, feeling like you know this one thing so inside and out that nothing can touch you.

Playing CB really badly feels terrible, but also kind of feels good. It's nice to have something to learn again.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

CodfishCartographer posted:

What cancel do you guys mean? You just press R2+Circle when your phial meter is glowing yellow or red then you plug those fuckers in there. Same thing with white, but you won’t get any new charge from it and the animation is longer.

Do you mean canceling from loading phials into the elemental discharge? In that case just press R2+Circle, Triangle+Circle, then Triangle+Circle again. You can make Tri+O if you want. If you mean canceling from the discharge into charging your shield, then after you hit Tri+O a second time just start hammering on R2 and it should work. The timing is very generous.

Canceling the axe attack to charge the shield, of course: https://youtu.be/hvlVtfSzO2Y?t=325

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Huxley posted:

Playing CB really badly feels terrible, but also kind of feels good. It's nice to have something to learn again.

i just really like the Odog blade and am tired of being a longsword loser, so i thought i'd pick up something that takes more than 2 brain cells/buttons

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Charge blade make perfect sense once you play if for a while. But then I try to explain to people and it's makes no sense.

To charge shield just mash tri-o-r2 together until it happens. Simple

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Fuzz posted:

I'm getting to the point where I'm not only aware of what I should be doing, but am able to pull it off fairly frequently. Smashing a SAED all the way down an elder dragon from head to tail and watching those big numbers pop up feels so goddamn good.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ice Fist posted:

It wouldn't be SA unless there were massive arguments about how streamers are good/terrible. This is true for literally every game.

It's easy, they're all terrible.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I took the Dodo CB out to 'train' with last night. Said training consisted of beating tthe poo poo out of a LR jyura until it dropped mats I needed to upgrade a bow further.
Out of like 3 runs, the first one is the one I did best in, downing him in about 3 minutes with no trouble.
Next 2 runs were less efficient, taking about 5-6 minutes as I tried to piece together exactly how the mechanics worked while in combat, so that I wasn't just mashing buttons and praying for something awesome to happen

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I took the Dodo CB out to 'train' with last night. Said training consisted of beating tthe poo poo out of a LR jyura until it dropped mats I needed to upgrade a bow further.
Out of like 3 runs, the first one is the one I did best in, downing him in about 3 minutes with no trouble.
Next 2 runs were less efficient, taking about 5-6 minutes as I tried to piece together exactly how the mechanics worked while in combat, so that I wasn't just mashing buttons and praying for something awesome to happen

thats me but for HH.

Pre-fight I do self improvement and whatever the 1 good buff is like attack up XL. During the fight I just get hit a bunch while trying to encore when I shouldnt.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I fiddled around last night in the training room for 10 or 15 minutes then immediately jumped into a tempered Legiana/Paulumu/Pink Rathian investigation. It did not go well for me.

Then I beat up tempered Pukei a couple of times and things came into place a LITTLE bit better. It's a weird weapon because sometimes you'll feel like you're getting a handle on it, then all of a sudden things are happening and you have no idea why and now you're poisoned and stunned.

Also, apparently Artillery is good on CB so I feel pretty bad about tossing a couple of Artillery charms into the pot last week.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The main thing that throws me off when swapping between Lance and Charge Blade is that when sheathed, R2 with Lance pulls up the shield and guards immediately, R2 with Charge Blade draws into Axe mode which isn't ideal for blocking. Another R2 with Charge Blade will shift back to sword mode and guard, but if you're going for a quick shield from sheathe it's the last thing you wanna do.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So is there a way to add mass-crafting to the radial menu? When I'm bowing having to flick my right stick 20 times when I run out of power coating gets old. It's easier for me to just carry a farcaster and warp back to camp for more power coating.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Switching rapidly between Lance and CB definitely hosed me up for a bit because Lance's cool point counter is R2+circle, while CB's is R2+triangle, and either of them done instead of the other will mess you up right quick.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

And Tyler Too! posted:

So is there a way to add mass-crafting to the radial menu? When I'm bowing having to flick my right stick 20 times when I run out of power coating gets old. It's easier for me to just carry a farcaster and warp back to camp for more power coating.

Two methods: 1: go into the settings and change it from flick to use item to R3 to use item on the radial menu. Then you can just mash R3 over and over to craft much more quickly. 2: go into the crafting menu, select the item you want to craft, press triangle, then mash right on the d-pad to max it out and craft them all at once.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

And Tyler Too! posted:

Putting flashpods on my radial wheel was literally game-changing. People who don't use the radial menu are bonkers.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Huxley posted:

Putting flashpods on my radial wheel was literally game-changing. People who don't use the radial menu are veterans.

Fixed that for you :colbert:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

You can change what lives at the top of your craft menu. Set pods there.

His options and mash x while running.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

PerrineClostermann posted:

:same:

I have it set up, I just...don't use it.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PerrineClostermann posted:

If it ups my cred any, anything not on my radial menu I get to by clawing the controller in my left hand, poking through the menu old school style with my thumb and working the stick with the middle part of my index finger. :)

E: Being able to run away, drink a potion, drop a trap, sharpen, then craft more bombs one straight after the other on one hand while never opening a menu is good if you can get yourself used to it.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 20, 2018

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there a skill like focus to make HH songs play faster?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fauxtool posted:

is there a skill like focus to make HH songs play faster?

They should introduce a pedal board system so you can hook up phasers and reverb and delay pedals for sick bonuses from horn songs.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Inspector_666 posted:

They should introduce a pedal board system so you can hook up phasers and reverb and delay pedals for sick bonuses from horn songs.

now who's a support weapon??!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You don't need to keep clicking to combine items, just hold down the button. This goes for the radial menu and the item box menu, just hold down the button and it'll combine super fast.

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015
Dear thread: I'm sorry I made a lovely post about not liking a YouTuber's voice.
Sincerely,
LowPartz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Million Ghosts posted:

now who's a support weapon??!

I would hook up like 9 overdrive pedals all turned up to 10 and then bask in the massive elemental damage I was doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bbNmXMLImg