Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the first episode Nakamura caught Sasha when she went for a dive on him, then gently placed her on the apron. That’s the most they’ve allowed.

I think they should have Charlotte/Roode beat Asuka/Miz to have Charlotte get that win on Asuka going into Wrestlemania, but they’re not blowing the streak on a Facebook event. Streaks suuuuck.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
streaks are good and asuka should retire w/ hers

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

In the first episode Nakamura caught Sasha when she went for a dive on him, then gently placed her on the apron. That’s the most they’ve allowed.

I think they should have Charlotte/Roode beat Asuka/Miz to have Charlotte get that win on Asuka going into Wrestlemania, but they’re not blowing the streak on a Facebook event. Streaks suuuuck.

I think Asuka's streak will probably last awhile longer. There is talk of moving Charlotte to RAW after Wrestlemania, as she will possibly be entering a program with Ronda around Summerslam time. I feel like they are going to move Asuka full time to Smackdown to actually provide a credible face/good worker at the top of the division. Sorry Becky!

On that note, while I can see Carmella cashing in and winning/breaking Asuka's streak, if that happens, I don't think her reign will last past Backlash. There is no upside to letting Carmella break the streak or hold onto the title since she is incredibly basic in the ring, and struggles to get any sort of reaction from the audience. And it's been that way since the Full Sail days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MotU posted:

streaks are good and asuka should retire w/ hers

Agreed, tonight.

DarkstarIV posted:

I think Asuka's streak will probably last awhile longer. There is talk of moving Charlotte to RAW after Wrestlemania, as she will possibly be entering a program with Ronda around Summerslam time. I feel like they are going to move Asuka full time to Smackdown to actually provide a credible face/good worker at the top of the division. Sorry Becky!

Yeah, I’m sure it will. That’s why there’s no believability going into Wrestlemania.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Probably not a surprise but the current rumor is next Mania is the end of Asuka's streak when Ronda beats her for the belt

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

cant wait for stupid dingdongs to complain about someone actually winning matches

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

They did the 'other woman knocks Alexa off the apron' spot last week too, but given that she is a tiny human being and landed on Braun, I don't think that counts as violence.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Chris James 2 posted:

Probably not a surprise but the current rumor is next Mania is the end of Asuka's streak when Ronda beats her for the belt

We have to deal with another year of the streak? :sigh:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Why does it always have to be a UFC meathead who beats the streak? It should be a real sports entertainer who has paid her dues, someone respected by the fans, media and the locker room. We all know who I mean...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The rumored rumor for wrestlemania is that Vince will show up one weeknight in the next few months and say the streak should end to have something exciting happen

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Just what Smackdown needs.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Marmaduke! posted:

Why does it always have to be a UFC meathead who beats the streak? It should be a real sports entertainer who has paid her dues, someone respected by the fans, media and the locker room. We all know who I mean...

Stephanie McMahon

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Just what Smackdown needs.

There will not be a brand split by WM35

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

bradzilla posted:

Good. WWE has proven time and again they don't know how to properly do one and maintain it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bradzilla posted:

The USA rights run until like 2020.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

The USA rights run until like 2020.

Uh,don't they end this year?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VJeff posted:

Uh,don't they end this year?

September 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I coulda swore they re-upped for four years in 2014. Huh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VJeff posted:

I coulda swore they re-upped for four years in 2014. Huh.

Possible they did, but they may have added four years to a contract that ended in 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Out of the blue this morning, an old friend of Daniel Bryan's told me that Daniel has been cleared to wrestle.

I really don't have the energy anymore for this story and IRL I am dealing with a fairly major family situation.

The same person was part of a circle of people who consistently said even up to this weekend that the Wrestlemania match was Sami/Owens vs Shane/Vince. Which always didn't really sound probable to me due to Vince's age and health.

I dunno what the point of this post is except watch Smackdown I guess?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rovert I hope you get through your situation OK, thank you as always for your scoops.

This is a pretty cool scoop too

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Rovert I hope you get through your situation OK, thank you as always for your scoops.

This is a pretty cool scoop too

Not even a scoop really just a lot of wrestling folk suddenly started talking like he's cleared. Including Meltzer's weird open of Wrestling Observer Radio today.

Personally, I expect a lot Bryan's friends going public on their concerns about him Wrestling again too.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

best of luck with your family situation, rovert :ohdear:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

AsInHowe posted:

Stephanie McMahon

Well, I suppose James Ellsworth was released, so unless Bray Wyatt returns as Sister Abigal, that only leaves Steph. I an almost see the promo now, "#Times up, Asuka!".

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The WWE app just popped a notification about him being cleared

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
rovert was right http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/daniel-bryan-makes-huge-announcement?sf185073827=1

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sigma posted:

The WWE app just popped a notification about him being cleared

Last time I gloated I got probated. So I am certainly not doing that with his post.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/976172642972598273

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Daniel Bryan being pissed about Shane getting his rear end kicked and joining him to make it Bryan/McMahon vs. Owens/Zayn makes a certain amount of sense.

Even more sense would be Bryan turning on and beating up Shane during said match :parrot:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Or they're doing this because AJ Styles is really injured and Daniel inserts himself in the title match somehow.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bryan will wrestle Sami Zayn and I will clap when I see it! I will clap and cheer!

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Or they're doing this because AJ Styles is really injured and Daniel inserts himself in the title match somehow.

Whatever works. I feel bad because I don't think Bryan should wrestle anymore but I'm also pretty loving pumped that he'll be wrestling again now that he's actually cleared.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Whatever works. I feel bad because I don't think Bryan should wrestle anymore but I'm also pretty loving pumped that he'll be wrestling again now that he's actually cleared.

I feel the exact same way

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Im so pumped that theres a new person for Dolph Ziggler to feud with

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

rovert posted:

I really don't have the energy anymore for this story and IRL I am dealing with a fairly major family situation.

The same person was part of a circle of people who consistently said even up to this weekend that the Wrestlemania match was Sami/Owens vs Shane/Vince.

Hopefully everything works out for the best Rov!

And hopefully your friend was ribbing you about this matchup, because holy poo poo...

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Hope DB comes back and eventually obliterates Miz again, knock the rest of his veneers out

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I don't get people thinking he shouldn't wrestle anymore when at this point he probably has the healthiest brain on the roster.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

Last time I gloated I got probated. So I am certainly not doing that with his post.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/976172642972598273

rovert, you are very good and i'm glad you're not gloating because that would be terrible

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Finally Bryan vs. Jinder!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

three cheers for big trev. best of luck with your situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

I can see the scene backstage:

Road Dogg: "poo poo, AJ's hurt... OK team, we need to figure out who faces Shinsu-"
Bryan: "ME! ME ME ME! I'LL DO IT!"