Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Which is the butt and which is the boob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Prison school butts are the original boobs .jpg

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

pizza chromas

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

Look, let's just boil it down to the most important point:

You posted the wrong picture:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The post card has a triforce stamp lol

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Pussy Quipped posted:

You posted the wrong picture:

I was actually being facetious, because people are obsessed with cold-rear end. Aviator is, in fact the superior splash. It's a shame that ingame, she doesn't actually use her blades to take of like a plane or helicopter.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Let you're boy Matt level with you: I don't care at all about the butt splash in of it's self but I find it extremely funny that they preserved the soul of the champion by building around her most iconic ability and they also preserved the soul of the frostblade irelia skin by commissioning new art with specific instructions to include the rear end shot.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I think you meant to write Frostbutt Irelia, the canon name of the skin

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ZED BUFFS

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSM5Vmqs480

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

its curtains for Kevin posted:

The post card has a triforce stamp lol

She has a triforce belt buckle and arm patch and the sticker on the propeller is a triforce oh god

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Any news on how good Conqueror is on KR/JP yet?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Pussy Quipped posted:

She has a triforce belt buckle and arm patch and the sticker on the propeller is a triforce oh god

real talk that skin looks great in action too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ZFpBZ-WIg

Orv
May 4, 2011
I wonder what the Riot voice people were doing, because Kai'sa and new Irelia were presumably recorded fairly near each other in terms of time, and the swing between Bored, Slightly Brain Damaged Lara Croft and Actual Acting is pretty harsh.

Orv fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 21, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orv posted:

I wonder what the Riot voice people were doing, because Kai'sa and new Irelia were presumably recorded fairly near each other in terms of time, and the swing between Bored, Slightly Brain Damaged Lara Croft and Actual Acting is pretty harsh.

It's strange. They're generally really good with their VA stuff in recent releases/updates; even Zoe, despite her stupid-rear end script, is well acted. I think the big problem is that "quiet, damaged girl" is an archetype that's hard to act convincingly if that's all there is. It would've been fine if the script contrasted her usual act with, like, hissing and feral screaming once she gets into the hunt, but she permanently sounds narcoleptic. She's a dumb fanfic character.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think the fanfic thing is probably on point, because she's not really quiet, at least in intent. She's a mouthy, arrogant rear end in a top hat it's just you can hardly tell because she's basically yawning the snark at you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its cause whenever he sees the words 'quiet moody girl' the borderlands writer man just starts jacking off during the voice direction and nobody knows what to do while hes hurgling and stacking his siphoning strike so the va just mumbles until she can go home

see also: xayah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know come to think of it that post was extremely weird but im not a coward whos going to edit it

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Xayah's not really "quiet, moody, girl" though, she and Rakan are like an amalgamation of every Joss Whedon character with the snark amped up even more.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 21, 2018

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Xayah's biggest crime is that half her lines are tied to rakan being nearby and if he isn't then she just says the same like 3 lines

Orv
May 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

you know come to think of it that post was extremely weird but im not a coward whos going to edit it

Super fuckin' weird and you should feel a great and terrible shame, but you're also not wrong.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

thebardyspoon posted:

Xayah's not really "quiet, moody, girl" though, she and Rakan are like an amalgamation of every Joss Whedon character with the snark amped up even more.

And it kinda works for them. The problem is that Kai'sa sounds like Random Joss Whedon Girl #47 too and it just doesn't fit the void survivor idea.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

its cause whenever he sees the words 'quiet moody girl' the borderlands writer man just starts jacking off during the voice direction and nobody knows what to do while hes hurgling and stacking his siphoning strike so the va just mumbles until she can go home

you can name anthony burch and remind people of his divorce if you really wanted to

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Xayah and Rakan have good VA. You might not like it, but it's more a difference of opinion than being objectively terrible like Kai'Sa

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

How Rude posted:

Xayah and Rakan have good VA. You might not like it, but it's more a difference of opinion than being objectively terrible like Kai'Sa

yeah this

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

How Rude posted:

Kled and Skarl have good VA. You might not like it, but it's more a difference of opinion than being objectively terrible like Kai'Sa

Orv
May 4, 2011

I do not consent to this post.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

You're right that it was fuckin weird, but I laughed anyway.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
I'm trying to think of anything good about Rakan, and Im drawing a blank aside from "It's good to have him on the enemy team".

Orv
May 4, 2011

iSurrender posted:

I'm trying to think of anything good about Rakan, and Im drawing a blank aside from "It's good to have him on the enemy team".

I mean he's an okay-ishly executed puckish rogue stereotype but at this point video games have those falling out of every orifice like a plague, so okay-ish doesn't stand out.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

iSurrender posted:

Eh?

As a champion or you don't wanna hear his voice

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Asema posted:

you can name anthony burch and remind people of his divorce if you really wanted to
Anyone who name-searches themselves then blocks people who say bad things about them should be spanked with moon rocks

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

el dingo posted:

Eh?

As a champion or you don't wanna hear his voice

Every once in a while Rakan's goofiness slips and he starts talking like a regular person about something and then he goes back into a high pitched sqwaky bird man and I turn off the VO until the game finishes.

I would probably play him more often if he were more bearable to listen to.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the one xayah/rakan line i like is that when he shields her he goes 'you're welcome' before she goes 'thanks.' it's like, a half-decent simple little interaction that shows off their characters and is kinda funny.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I would probably play him more often if he were more bearable to listen to.

They should've gotten Dave Wittenberg to do him.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what league of legends needs to be aesthetically better are three things:

A) characters that do not seem like lifeless robots or the creation of someone who grew up watching buffy and wished they could be just like their idol

B) a music full of quirky indie music like the world ends with you, persona 3, or jet set radio instead of really boring orchestral stuff that no one listens to except cops

C) more character interactions that are not just stupid crap like "talon.. gently caress you talon... For what you did to my people" but situational jokes and stuff reacting to things that happen in game that make the characters come alive and also make the responses feel less like lifeless canned voice lines and more like actual responses to the situations

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

they way overbuffed kai'sa shes a beast now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

what league of legends needs to be aesthetically better are three things:

A) characters that do not seem like lifeless robots or the creation of someone who grew up watching buffy and wished they could be just like their idol

B) a music full of quirky indie music like the world ends with you, persona 3, or jet set radio instead of really boring orchestral stuff that no one listens to except cops

C) more character interactions that are not just stupid crap like "talon.. gently caress you talon... For what you did to my people" but situational jokes and stuff reacting to things that happen in game that make the characters come alive and also make the responses feel less like lifeless canned voice lines and more like actual responses to the situations

D) the lore tooltips in the 'did you know' section dont need to be meaningless collections of proper nouns that never come up at any point in the game

Orv
May 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

D) the lore tooltips in the 'did you know' section dont need to be meaningless collections of proper nouns that never come up at any point in the game

Just give me a loving toggle box I don't give even a five trillionth of a poo poo about any of them I've ever gotten. Especially the dumb quotes from what I assume are pros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pog boyfriend posted:

:getout: