Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Violence Is cool and good, but if you spend time fantasizing about it, youre a bitchmade dork. Do it or not, don't engage in mental masturbation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

peterson is every rear end in a top hat humanities professor who spends his evenings practising :smug: gotchas on his students in advance
but at least those professors usually have something to say aside from owning freshman smartasses

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TetsuoTW posted:

if you genuinely have a real hate-boner for people saying "like" a bunch you probably also have strong opinions on a bunch of other things no one loving cares about

They're called crotchets, and if you have enough of them, you get to be called crotchety.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Is it bad I recognized the intro music to 194 instantly.

Serf
May 5, 2011

jordan peterson has never thrown a punch in his life

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Willeh posted:

Is it bad I recognized the intro music to 194 instantly.

probably but reverend horton heat's like the one halfway tolerable rockabilly band

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
nvm

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 19, 2018

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Serf posted:

jordan peterson has never thrown a punch in his life

the one thing i can fully believe about jbp is that a two-year-old looked at him and immediately pegged him for a loving wimp

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Ricky Gervais is a massive tit, but The Office did legit own. Hes not been able to do anything anywhere near as good after that. Even the David Brent movie from a couple of years ago was awful. Merchant isn't that great either, "Hello Ladies" was a loving abomination.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gorn Myson posted:

Ricky Gervais is a massive tit, but The Office did legit own. Hes not been able to do anything anywhere near as good after that. Even the David Brent movie from a couple of years ago was awful. Merchant isn't that great either, "Hello Ladies" was a loving abomination.

Hello Ladies was pretty funny, it's a great show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The gang roasting Virgil is always great. Strong start to the latest ep.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I wish they had gone a bit into how JPs speciality was treating people from drug addiction, which is where he got his whole method in the first place. Notice I said method and not his whole shtick. I do recall people on the JP thread at C-Spam pointing this out and that seems to be a good part of how he became somewhat notorious, and a thread on Twitter from while back that I can'-t rememver wheee it is, detailing how he became a figure on psychology twitter/yt circles since his niche was on particularly more vulnerable audiences.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I appreciated that they caught onto Elon Musk being an incompetent South African villain billionaire. Best cold opening.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
The Alternative 3 conspiracy making a vaguely popular resurgence lately is a welcome change of pace from the modern TCOT/infowars stuff, heck the X-Files revival is using it as a plot element. Also it should be incredibly obvious that a free market approach to space flight and research basically makes it impossible, so it’s a very fun no harm done kind of conspiracy :downs:.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Ricky Gervais has basically been aping Stewart Lee's standup style his whole career but without the benefit of having good material

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Ricky Gervais has basically been aping Stewart Lee's standup style his whole career but without the benefit of having good material

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want Shuja and Matt to yell more about how it's incredibly stupid to model human behavior off of animals.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Rick Gervais is bizarro world Stewart Lee, despair and self-loathing inverted into overwhelming self-assurance

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol @ Desus shouting out DSA in the recent podcast.Boywhiz was right, Bodega boys ARE for the people.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Just started listening again after about 4-6 months of not listening. Have the paid episodes, too.

So, what are some of the best eps of that time period? Anything I should go back and listen to?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

blue squares posted:

Just started listening again after about 4-6 months of not listening. Have the paid episodes, too.

So, what are some of the best eps of that time period? Anything I should go back and listen to?

The recent Richard Wolff episode for serious stuff and the Noid episode on Patreon for silliness.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
165 where they read Donna Brazille's book and 171 where they read Steven Seagal's book.

And absolutely the Christmas episode.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Stickfigure posted:

Lol @ Desus shouting out DSA in the recent podcast.Boywhiz was right, Bodega boys ARE for the people.

Bodega Boys go on Chapo

Episode 154 has one of the best cold opens ever, and has a reading that will make you into Matt Christman

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 20, 2018

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If you want to hear the mix of irreverence, serious discussion of policy, and outright hatred towards the evil of the American right wing that makes liberals clutch their pearls, listen to episode 164 where they talk about the tax bill and then make fun of Trump and Kushner. It's absolutely vicious, as well it should be.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

The recent Richard Wolff episode for serious stuff and the Noid episode on Patreon for silliness.

Started this one during my commute and enjoying it a lot! Thanks

Halloween Jack posted:

If you want to hear the mix of irreverence, serious discussion of policy, and outright hatred towards the evil of the American right wing that makes liberals clutch their pearls, listen to episode 164 where they talk about the tax bill and then make fun of Trump and Kushner. It's absolutely vicious, as well it should be.

Boywhiz88 posted:

Bodega Boys go on Chapo

Episode 154 has one of the best cold opens ever, and has a reading that will make you into Matt Christman

Joementum posted:

165 where they read Donna Brazille's book and 171 where they read Steven Seagal's book.

And absolutely the Christmas episode.

Downloaded all of these. Thanks folks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Even if you don't care to listen to the full ep, the intro to Menaker Facts Stated is superb

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I don't think the dry boys could keep up with bodega boys

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

desus and mero go on cumtown

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boywhiz88 posted:

Bodega Boys go on Chapo
I'd rather them bump heads with the president of DSA. They'd roast him like only hood dudes can, Mero would call him mad wormingtons and what not, and Mullen would either hilariously bitch up or retort with a racist bit/ impression.
Edit. But the bit would be racist IRONICALLY.
Desus vs Mero vs Niggler

Stickfigure fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 20, 2018

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

Rick Gervais is bizarro world Stewart Lee, despair and self-loathing inverted into overwhelming self-assurance

Even then, Stew does the overwhelming self-assurance schtick too, but the reason it works is because it comes across as "old middle class liberal yells at cloud" and the smugness is funny because it feels completely unearned. Ricky tries to do that but it doesn't really work when you're a multi-millionaire that hosts Hollywood awards shows.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

the one thing i can fully believe about jbp is that a two-year-old looked at him and immediately pegged him for a loving wimp

That story Robinson quoted is just him talking about how a four year old didn't respect him, so he poked the kid until he paid attention to him. And apparently the kid's the one who's hosed up.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

once you’re sold on chapo, listen to your unlistened episodes, starting to the first one from a Skype call that sounds like a free form jazz odyssey of punditry, you can do it i believe in yuo

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

it's a marvel that in the age of discord, maybe the easiest to use voip app ever, people are still loving up their podcast audio by recording a skype call on 8-track. i think the only podcast i listen to regularly which i can't remember ever sounding like poo poo is ep1.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
My favorite Chapo episodes are the early ones where they get a foreign policy expert on to talk about a really interesting topic with no bullshit.

Like the one with Meixcanarchist, or the one about the coup in Turkey.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Penisaurus Sex posted:

My favorite Chapo episodes are the early ones where they get a foreign policy expert on to talk about a really interesting topic with no bullshit.

Like the one with Meixcanarchist, or the one about the coup in Turkey.

having President Davidson on a solo Felix episode is honestly a real let-down and I wish they would stop that.

both are interesting people, but definitely not enough to carry the show.

Mexianarchist was super cool, and I'm a little worried that they disappeared from the internet shortly after :ohdear:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It was due to some inter left fighting about the dsa that cost him some friends, he didn’t get whacked if you’re worried

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Stickfigure posted:

I'd rather them bump heads with the president of DSA. They'd roast him like only hood dudes can, Mero would call him mad wormingtons and what not, and Mullen would either hilariously bitch up or retort with a racist bit/ impression.
Edit. But the bit would be racist IRONICALLY.
Desus vs Mero vs Niggler

Pretty sure Nick said he was hanging out with Desus and Mero the other day on a recent episode.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Imagining different nyc based comedians fighting one another rather than imagining them laughing to my theories of rick and morty

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

papa horny michael posted:

Imagining different nyc based comedians fighting one another rather than imagining them laughing to my theories of rick and morty

Super Smash Brothers: Podcast Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Super Smash BrothersReady Player One: Podcast Edition

ftfy