Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I dunno, personally I thought AAI2 only got really great with case 4. Many parts of case 3 were amazing, but other parts of it were - well, a case 3. Cases 1 and 2 certainly weren't bad but I didn't feel like they rose dramatically above the first game the way the last two cases did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Yeah AAI2's first case loving slaps so if that didnt hook you idk what to tell you

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I like the plot of AAI2, but it really is the worst Ace Attorney game, in terms of, y'know, Ace Attorney-ness. The cases are hell of long and convoluted, and the actual testimonies and rebuttals are clumsy and awkward. It's at least in part due to being a fan translation, but Investigations 1 wasn't exactly good at being Ace Attorney, either.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean

That's why it's a spinoff and not the main series

It's different

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Yeah AAI2's first case loving slaps so if that didnt hook you idk what to tell you

The first case was good but the second case really drags and is kind of meandering. I put the game down for months in the middle of it, but at that point I was also feeling kind of burned out on Ace Attorney games after playing most of them back to back so I think I just needed a break.

I just had to look up what happens in the third case and WOW I agree if that case didn't grab the guy then the rest of the game sure won't. That's when the game starts kicking into high gear.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
To be fair I'm only halfway through the third case. And I'm already on record in this thread as having bad opinions. Tbf I liked the location for case 2 - a prison where everyone has a pet is awesome.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
If you don’t like it, it’s cool ya know. That case takes awhile to hit its stride.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If you don't enjoy playing as Gregory Edgeworth teaming up with Detective Badd then...man...I dunno.

Though to be fair, AAI2 is not a game you would fully appreciate on a first playthrough. The overall plot is quite complex and there's a ton of subtle poo poo you would not catch the first time.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 23, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I still need to actually play AAI2. Kinda holding out hope that it gets an official western release soonish.

Anyway, TPP: WOLOT's finale is getting me hyped. It's not as strong as Ex-Aid, but it's deffo better than Kyuranger. This Sunday's gonna be great. Gonna miss that show, but I'm ready for the Build/Lipato/Nickel trio. :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've given up on ever playing it if doesn't somehow get an official release, don't want to play a DS game on my PC and getting it playable in English on an actual 3/DS is far too much hassle for me

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I've given up on ever playing it if doesn't somehow get an official release, don't want to play a DS game on my PC and getting it playable in English on an actual 3/DS is far too much hassle for me

step 1 get flash cart
step 2 put game on flash cart
step 3 play game

too much. its too much

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes that is effort especially if I want to play it on my 3DS instead of dig out my OG fat DS, as far as I'm aware DS flash carts don't just work on that.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
If you hack your 3DS (which takes like 5 to 15 minutes these days depending on how many prerequisites you already have) you can use DS flashcards no problem.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm sympathetic to not wanting to hack your 3DS but it really is worth the slight inconvenience of playing it on your computer.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Newer flashcards work on non-hacked 3DSes perfectly well.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

theres really no reason not to hack your 3ds at this point, its hilariously easy

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh wow I thought I was the only person who couldn't get into AAI2. The first case being such a drag really killed my interest in the rest of the game- only game in the series that happened to me with.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really enjoyed the first case of AAI2. DeKiller! There wasn't really a singular moment that was like "OK, now this game is great", it was just kind of top to bottom fun. Case 3 is an obvious standout though.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes that is effort especially if I want to play it on my 3DS instead of dig out my OG fat DS, as far as I'm aware DS flash carts don't just work on that.

My SuperCard DSTWO works fine on all 3DS's including the *New* ones. I believe the difference is whether the flashcard in question wants to autoboot on the DS (this doesn't work on the 3DS) or appears as a menu icon instead (this works).

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/967081643021238272

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still need to actually play AAI2. Kinda holding out hope that it gets an official western release soonish.

Anyway, TPP: WOLOT's finale is getting me hyped. It's not as strong as Ex-Aid, but it's deffo better than Kyuranger. This Sunday's gonna be great. Gonna miss that show, but I'm ready for the Build/Lipato/Nickel trio. :allears:

It just hit me, with today being the day I choose to believe Pink Princess: Warrior of Little Olde Tokyo ended, that I'll need to play AAI2 before March 2019 if I want to meme it up next year. drat. Guess I'll fire up the 3DS hacking in December if needed.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's not getting an official release. The dev team that made the game was disbanded soon after the game was released.

The fan translation is as good as an official translation would get, anyway. Just play that. Seriously. After not too long, you'll forget you're not playing an official translation.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

plus any official translation would probably give the new characters totally different English names and that's no good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AAI2 is undoubtedly the single best fan translation I've ever seen. The process was an absolute clusterfuck and early on I had my doubts they'd ever pull it together, but they pulled it off and it's seriously impressive.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah but Im a loser when it comes to emulating or hacking. Like I said, now that we are a year out from AAI2 catching up, there's ten months before I just go with the fan translation.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So, I'm trying to get back into Spirit of Justice, which I put down because I was really over the lovely prosecutor, and now I'm probably really over it because I can see the contradiction but I'm apparently pointing out the wrong thing or presenting it during the wrong testimony and this abortion of a mechanic Insight is as stupid as that music video bullshit in AA4

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Phoenix Wright anime is getting another season, looks like it'll cover the third game.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Heckin yes, looking forward to smash cuts of Godot owning people left and right.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

are there enough hideki kamiya interviews and recordings to redub Godot with him?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

So, I'm trying to get back into Spirit of Justice, which I put down because I was really over the lovely prosecutor, and now I'm probably really over it because I can see the contradiction but I'm apparently pointing out the wrong thing or presenting it during the wrong testimony and this abortion of a mechanic Insight is as stupid as that music video bullshit in AA4

Insight is complete trash and I used a guide with zero shame for all of them.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Can't believe the Grand Prix Championship is today! What a shame Miles Edgeworth isn't here to see the true successor to The Steel Samurai. :/

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Mark my words; the Nickel Samurai is going to slaughter the competition.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

don't you just love that fellow Matt Engarde? he's so charming, this run as the Nickel Samurai will definitely get him to the top! whatever happened to the guy who played the Steel Samurai though? His name was... Will?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Carlosologist posted:

don't you just love that fellow Matt Engarde? he's so charming, this run as the Nickel Samurai will definitely get him to the top! whatever happened to the guy who played the Steel Samurai though? His name was... Will?

Something about Engarde puts me off. He’s like, sickeningly perfect and he feels artificial. His show’s alright though, but his character isn’t nearly as much of a hero as the Steel Samurai. Nickel seems more of a grandstander to me.

I heard Will’s on smaller shows now but I can’t figure out what. You’d think it’d be easy to spot his mane but I haven’t seen him on any show since his trial last year.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Carlosologist posted:

I don't like him, I think he's a scrub. Also, what is with his 1999 boy band haircut.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nickel is barely on kyurangers' tier, let alone build, lupato or jammin, no way itll win today.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Global Studio's doing pretty good despite the murder scandal last year. I heard they're even gonna work on a Moozilla reboot.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

Mark my words; the Nickel Samurai is going to slaughter the competition.

Son of a bitch

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can't believe that Jammin Ninja was such an awful person :stare:

I can't believe the lead on Nickel Samurai did all that heinous poo poo :stare:

I can't believe Miles Edgeworth was still alive :stare:

II CANT'T BELIEVE PHOENIX WRIGHT LOST A CASE TO MILES EDGEWROTH :stare:

yesterday was loving crazy, drat. Wonder what that means for Nickel Samurai, and the SS franchise in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

II CANT'T BELIEVE PHOENIX WRIGHT LOST A CASE TO MILES EDGEWROTH :stare:

He didn't have to, is the worst part. If he had moved for a verdict after the walkie-talkie's testimony, Engarde would have gotten off scot-free. I'm not saying he should have, but something about the way Wright handled this case tells me he might not stay barred for long.

I give him 2 years. Tops.