Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Lager posted:

I didn't see that at my location (also 18th) but it was straight up empty in there. Interested to see what the turnout numbers were like today, been hearing lower than anticipated.

My polling place is in a very Republican area and I was only voter 56 by lunch. So yeah I'd say it was low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Berrios is down 35% to 43% with 5% in. I'm watching the Chicago Sun-Times livefeed here: https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/illinois-primary-election-2018-results-analysis-live-updates/

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

43% Pritzker 30% Biss 25% Kennedy with 22% in, Biss in second, that's better than expected.

5th district 55 precincts reporting. Lamont Robinson leads 39-28% Ken Duncan's at 18% Just over half reporting. Open seat; used to be Pritzker's lt. gov's.

Rauner 53% Ives 47% with 8% reporting, wow that's closer than it should be.

Pritzker 44% Biss and Kennedy tied at 27% with 8% in.

42 of 72 precincts reporting Erin Ortiz 53% is ahead of Dan Burke (brother of Ed Burke this is gonna be an upset if it happens)

Looks like its between Quinn and Raoul, Raoul's currently leading for atty gen 29-25%. Fairley 13% Rotering 12%
On the Rep side Erika Harold's walking away with it with 63% of the vote.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 21, 2018

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

lipinski up by 5 with >50% reporting

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Looking good for the ouster of Berrios. Even with Raila getting 20%.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Pritzker is having his rally at the Marriott? boy the Hyatt???

Virgil Thatcher
Mar 3, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Pritzker is having his rally at the Marriott? boy the Hyatt???

...maybe he doesn't want to poo poo where he eats. And Pritzker eats.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Sun-Times has called it for Pritzker, unsurprisingly

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
So who was the least lovely choice for the next Democratic governor, Biss?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ego-bot posted:

So who was the least lovely choice for the next Democratic governor, Biss?

Biss was far from perfect but at least he wasn't a billionaire.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Looking good for the ouster of Berrios. Even with Raila getting 20%.

WGN just said Berrios called Kaegi and conceded. gently caress and yes.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Looks like Fritchey is going to lose.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Big Black Dick posted:

hell yeah. but I'm worried about the disaster with raila this morning that took over an hour to correct

pritzker won this way easier than I expected, I guess living a block from biss's office blinded me a bit.

so far I think I called every election right but not the margin , not even close on those. kind of hoping rauner eats poo poo though considering he's a straight up villain at this point

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Big Black Dick posted:

Praise jebus. Going to laugh if Rauner loses, but I think he wins. I would rather not give Ives a bigger platform anyway.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
All hail governor pumpkinhead I guess

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

mastershakeman posted:

hell yeah. but I'm worried about the disaster with raila this morning that took over an hour to correct

pritzker won this way easier than I expected, I guess living a block from biss's office blinded me a bit.

so far I think I called every election right but not the margin , not even close on those. kind of hoping rauner eats poo poo though considering he's a straight up villain at this point

I'm feeling similar about Quigley, and wolf getting 10% is :psyduck:

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Thanks for being a splitter, Kennedy.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gross, billionaire battle for the general, I guess

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Rauner-Ives is 52-48 right now, that's a lot closer than I would have predicted

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

vyelkin posted:

Rauner-Ives is 52-48 right now, that's a lot closer than I would have predicted
I'd say "close, but Rauner wins" is the best possible scenario for ... well, Pritzker I guess ... come November.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Looks like Newman just took a small lead. Looking at the precincts left, it seems to be in counties where Newman's been doing better than Lipinski, so hopefully that'll work out.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lager posted:

Looks like Newman just took a small lead. Looking at the precincts left, it seems to be in counties where Newman's been doing better than Lipinski, so hopefully that'll work out.

Looks like it was a reporting error :(

gently caress Lipinski, poo poo night.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hey just went and voted so I remembered to look up the pamphlet/book thingy that Ive's campaign randomly sent me

https://ivesforillinois.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Rauner-Book_Cover-Plus-2-pages-Per-Sheet-Version_PDF_25-pages-2018-02-20.pdf

Chapter 3 is fun times- Rauner is some kinda social Democrat cuck and his wife wears the pants or something? I dunno lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I think the hosed up voting instructions this morning was part of a setup to get berrios a special election where machine turnout can win it for him

time to see how the lawsuits play out

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

I'd say "close, but Rauner wins" is the best possible scenario for ... well, Pritzker I guess ... come November.

I don't think either has much of a chance but Ives is pretty hard to the right in an election that should see massive Democrat turnout.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

I think the hosed up voting instructions this morning was part of a setup to get berrios a special election where machine turnout can win it for him

time to see how the lawsuits play out

He conceded so maybe that's the end.

Then again, this brings in so much money for corrupt people in power. Like it's insane how many people are connected to this scam. I legit thought they'd pull some shenanigans on election day to keep it going.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Rauner's people have to be piiiiisssseeed right now. He's going to win, but goddamn 52-48 or 51-49 is an embarrassing show of no-confidence for a sitting governor.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
gonna make it even more depressing when he drops the big joker on JB

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Well aside for a few upsets looks like establishment Dems ran the table. On the plus side Dem turnout was really darn high and republican turnout low, Rauner got a serious vote of no-confidence, and while I don't see anyone being all that hung ho to volunteer for Pritzker he'll infuse a bunch a money into the state hiring election workers so at least people gonna get paid and I haven't heard a peep from anyone about staying home on Election Day.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Congrats disgusting republican who ran as a Dem lipinski. I look forward to you voting with Trump on everything and being totally worthless.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Congrats disgusting republican who ran as a Dem lipinski. I look forward to you voting with Trump on everything and being totally worthless.

Lipinski isn't very progressive but lets not get carried away. It's sad he won but he's not a Republican.

I was hoping Newman would pull it out but the one argument for Lipinski is he has a lot of power being on the transportation committee and if the Dems take back the House I guess he could really bring some money back to the district. It wouldn't get my vote still but I can understand it if you are a constituent.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

dwarf74 posted:

I am in the Republican cesspit of the 18th district, though, so for congress I only got to vote for someone who will eventually lose to Darrin LaHood, even in a blue wave election. My choices were between "Dude who always runs but never wins," "Actually a Republican," and "Dude who doesn't seem to even be running and who might be on the ballot by mistake."

This Junius Rodriguez guy is so uninspiring. We are completely screwed, per usual.

Real fun feeling to know that the guy who tried to pass a bill that would kill me will have a nice long career.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at us

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DalaranJ posted:

This Junius Rodriguez guy is so uninspiring. We are completely screwed, per usual.

Real fun feeling to know that the guy who tried to pass a bill that would kill me will have a nice long career.
Yeah. I mean, it's nice that LaHood has an opponent, but I'm pretty sure Rodriguez got like 25% of the vote last time he ran.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
We had a ballot option referendum thing (yes/no) "Do we want to move from an elected auditor to an appointed auditor" and I really didn't know how to answer that one.

Is one option considerably better than the other?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zarin posted:

We had a ballot option referendum thing (yes/no) "Do we want to move from an elected auditor to an appointed auditor" and I really didn't know how to answer that one.

Is one option considerably better than the other?
An elected auditor is more independent and serves at the will of the voters. They are accountable to the public, which is a good thing for an auditor to be.

An appointed auditor can be fired by the people they are auditing. This is a bad thing.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

dwarf74 posted:

An elected auditor is more independent and serves at the will of the voters. They are accountable to the public, which is a good thing for an auditor to be.

An appointed auditor can be fired by the people they are auditing. This is a bad thing.

drat, I definitely got that one wrong then. Hopefully I'm the only one that did :ohdear:

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Go Richie Rich! Beat Daddy Warbucks!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Zarin posted:

drat, I definitely got that one wrong then. Hopefully I'm the only one that did :ohdear:

Yes (appointed, not elected) won by 27 according to the latest count. Which is shockingly close given that the question wording seemed to have a positive bias, and yes appeared higher on the ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gotta love Illinois hitting national news because 20,000 people voted to nominate a Nazi for the house. :v: