Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

No but I have to get on the interstate to get to McChord airfield because Fort Lewis and McChord have no roads directly connecting each other.

Army dudes that live on McChord end up having a commute because they have to get on the interstate or take backroads. Either way they’re also going through a gate during morning rush hour.

There's one road(with a bridge) that connects McChord with Lewis, but it takes four times longer to drive that road than to just hop onto the freeway for 3-5 exits and reenter the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

Kind of hosed up how the Air Force side of JBLM has a really nice huge PX that’s never crowded and the Army one is half the size and always packed during lunch.

Also how here is no real way to connect between the two except to get on I5.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

It's going to be nice to go on a family vacation and not have to provide a detailed itenerary and give an interview beforehand (once I get out). Sheesh.

The last vacation I went on was international, to get on a boat for a week and go scuba diving. I can only imagine the kind of paperwork hell that would require, only to get shot down and have a vacation fully ruined because of some dumbass chucklefuck that can't stand the thought of soldiers actually enjoying themselves in fun places while on leave.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

It's going to be nice to go on a family vacation and not have to provide a detailed itenerary and give an interview beforehand (once I get out). Sheesh.

my itinerary was always the same regardless of where i was going. it always said i was going to florida, and i was riding with someone from another battalion so i didn't have to worry about vehicle inspections.

this interview poo poo you speak of is not something i am familiar with. you don't have to tell me about it at all because lmao i'm out fuckerzzzzz

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

my itinerary was always the same regardless of where i was going. it always said i was going to florida, and i was riding with someone from another battalion so i didn't have to worry about vehicle inspections.

this interview poo poo you speak of is not something i am familiar with. you don't have to tell me about it at all because lmao i'm out fuckerzzzzz

I'm going international and interview with my security manager (and follow up with an email) so that later I can't be accused (well, less of a chance) of doing shady poo poo.

Than my itenerary goes to my supervisor.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I always liked filling out a TRIPS just to go to my apartment.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Same but post housing

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
same but the barracks

and since we couldnt get a mapquest of the barracks we had to hand draw maps.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

same but the barracks

and since we couldnt get a mapquest of the barracks we had to hand draw maps.

This. Goddamn it was so stupid. I put loving foot prints to indicate walking distance. It was dumb.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
You still needed to have a vehicle inspection attached for your walking journey to the barracks too, it was loving awesome.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

You still needed to have a vehicle inspection attached for your walking journey to the barracks too, it was loving awesome.

I had to do an AGAR for a soldier that broke his ankle getting off of a bus

For the cause, I listed "gravity" and for the other vehicle involved I listed "ground." I refused to change it when the BN safety officer complained.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

so who was found at fault

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
What a lovely way to break an ankle.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The only part of that equation that is under anyone's control: the soldier.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
SAFETY STAND-DOWN

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Make sure you wrap up PT by 0730 because everybody needs to be at the theater at 0800. No, not that one, the one on the other side of post.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

*gets in car accident rushing to the theater*

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
poo poo reminds me of just how stupid I was (I don't really need much to remind me of that factoid) when I was in but hadn't yet completely broken. I was e5 for a couple of years in the terrible 83d chemical bn, which the poster oxygenpoisoning who was in the same command can confirm was like max retard. You know how I just wrote it 83d like a weirdo instead of 83rd like a normal drat person? Because dudes got all ate up on the fact that our unit was originally a Chemical Mortar BN in WWII, which really just translated to loving mortar bn in practice based on the poo poo I'd see in the dumb crap they had posted in the BN HQ, and in their old patches and correspondence they labeled it 83d because I guess they just did it that way in the 30s-40s???

Anyhow this unit was like ultramax super terrible and after three years with the unit I was due up for PCS soon. Thing was they were moving my company from Polk to Stewart instead of having us spread out over the two, and just giving everyone blanket orders to PCS there which would basically reset the clock and I'd be stuck with that awful unit for another 3+ years. So I had to get out, so I had to try to get a special school or something that people really wouldn't fight me on because its "professional development" like Drill Sgt or Recruiter. So gently caress that I'm begging poster Greenmeat for assignments to try for and my branch manager and all this dumb poo poo and I finally get SOMETHING that isnt with 83rd loving CM and its recruiting school.

First week in recruiting school we took our pt test, so everyone got drunk that night because who cares now and it was the first friday. I get loving DRUNK as gently caress and embarrass myself ofc and the night ends, I go back to the barracks we were in. Except I forgot that they moved my barracks room earlier that day and spent like 10 minutes trying to break into what may have been someone elses room before I remember all that poo poo. I take like three steps off the sidewalk towards the correct barracks and loving get my foot stuck in a root and it really loving hurt. I limp back to my room and pass out. I wake up the next day and my wife had called me like ten times because somehow some other chick soldier that was out with us had texted her or the other way around because apparently I was missing or something? I really don't remember I was still loving wasted to be honest. It wasn't anything like we were hooking up because she was a oval office so IDK. Weird poo poo. Anyhow my foot is like the size of a loving softball and I dont want to go to the doctor because as everyone knows, the quickest way to get sent home from a school is some kind of injury. So gently caress that, I'm not going to go back to my unit and say i got kicked out of school for breaking my foot drunk, and I figured it was just a strain anyhow. So I passed out again in the morning and wake up again in the afternoon and I think I'm still loving drunk (my timeline may be a little off) and decide to go to the px to get like every pain pill and wraps for my foot and icepacks and all that.

As I'm backing out I HIT THE CAR NEXT TO ME. It's lovely and it didnt do poo poo to his car but put some paint on mine. Some guys took a picture of my car and all that. Knowing I'd get busted for a dui or something I go into my room and try to sober up a few hours and call the cops on myself. They find the dude and he wallks out is like "I dont give a poo poo its all good" and the cops told me I probably hosed myself, and their supervisor came out and gave me a ticket for improper backing. They told me that they told me so.

Anyhow a few months later I graduate from recruiting school and pcs to here (and that is a whole different story of army bullshit) and not wanting to show up as a problem child I still havent wanted to get my foot checked out because I didn't want to gently caress my PCS or whatever. So i Pass a pt test after a month or so in the unit and all that and go to the doctor like not long after. I end up in a boot for like 4 months or so in a hail mary to avoid surgery which was looking pretty lightly because I just had a chunk of bone the size of a pencil eraser floating around in there. Then I got fat and lost my mind and here I am.

edit: oh yeah I mean I'm stupid for not just getting my foot checked out for a litany of dumb reasons IE this story

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 21, 2018

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mods change my name posted:

some other chick soldier that was out with us had texted her

Out of your entire story this is the part that infuriates me.

What happens at school stays at school (deployment, tdy, etc, etc). I mean poo poo. That's the first rule of Army club.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I really don't remember what that was all about and I'm not about to go ask my wife about it, but it wasn't anything like we were loving at all because gahhh but somehow my wife thought I was? IDK that was around when I lived in perpetual blackout conditions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcrPcza66vE

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 21, 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I think the safety officer concluded it was the "leadership's" fault or something dumb and blue falcony like that. He was a sissy sycophant bitch that we all made fun of though so it was OK.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
So somebody riddle me If ADPAAS is meant for a way for you to update your status If something goes wonky why doesnt ADPAAS work on anything But government computer?

Because we just got a Brigade-wide ”update ADPAAS” and theres one computer per platoon that might not work. While everyone and their mom in barracks has a laptop and 100mbs internet

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
if I hadn't been raised in a cult I might've had the context to figure out that people were hitting on me in the army, welp better being a dumbass than a dude that was a PUA

sucks that one of them was the reason why a company memo went out banning under-armor shirts as acceptable uniform under-blouse

bonus points: the first person that that I noticed that took a fancy to me was just the women ahead of me in the line at the charlie's that thought I was cute (she ended up assigning it to god given she dreamt that she would meet someone important)

the fact that she had dragon rape-dungeon fantasies and was a rather profligate racist, matters not for whatever scorn because she got assigned to vilseck germany and ended up sexually assaulted (ended up medically discharged but noone wants to talk about the paths for poor people stuck in dead poo poo states).

poo poo loving blows in the army. I'm glad I am out and people have more than a sub-highschool way of talking to each other.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 21, 2018

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I had a follow up with my italian surgeon. I am recovering but slower than average.

For my neuropathic pain and muscle spasms, he prescribed me, uhhh

...weed. I could go pick it up from a local pharmacy. I don’t think this will fly. He did mention prescribing a lot of it to italian army soldiers for various ailments.

No wonder the italian paratroopers always walk around with jacket open and no cover.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 21, 2018

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Sounds like you take it, then if they kick you out you get to be the guy to sue the government and make it legal for everyone!

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Just here to agree that 83rd and the Chemical Corps sucks and was also the worst work experience of my life. Three commanders relieved of duty, multiple major sharp and eo complaints. Commanders physically threatening subordinates who challenged their bullshit. gently caress that place and all those who defended it or stayed.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I’m a loser who has never smoked weed. I just take opiods like a cool and good non-druggie.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Out of your entire story this is the part that infuriates me.

What happens at school stays at school (deployment, tdy, etc, etc). I mean poo poo. That's the first rule of Army club.

rule 2 that a lot of people didn't follow: handle poo poo at the lowest level possible.

there's no loving reason to go get the squad leader involved in some poo poo that could have been handled by e4 and below. now the poo poo is worse for everybody. thanks, dickhead.

rule 3: gently caress your dumbass ideas. don't add to the poo poo we already have to do (this never goes away even now that i'm out but in the army it's... well, it's army)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

I’m a loser who has never smoked weed. I just take opiods like a cool and good non-druggie.

:lol:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

The Italian Army grows weed. It’s a great system.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I read once, don't know if it's still true, that the longest military training program in the world was Italian MP because they are trained to spot counterfeit wine.

Italian military sounds pretty solid, really.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mods change my name posted:

poo poo reminds me of just how stupid I was (I don't really need much to remind me of that factoid) when I was in but hadn't yet completely broken. I was e5 for a couple of years in the terrible 83d chemical bn, which the poster oxygenpoisoning who was in the same command can confirm was like max retard. You know how I just wrote it 83d like a weirdo instead of 83rd like a normal drat person? Because dudes got all ate up on the fact that our unit was originally a Chemical Mortar BN in WWII, which really just translated to loving mortar bn in practice based on the poo poo I'd see in the dumb crap they had posted in the BN HQ, and in their old patches and correspondence they labeled it 83d because I guess they just did it that way in the 30s-40s???

Anyhow this unit was like ultramax super terrible and after three years with the unit I was due up for PCS soon. Thing was they were moving my company from Polk to Stewart instead of having us spread out over the two, and just giving everyone blanket orders to PCS there which would basically reset the clock and I'd be stuck with that awful unit for another 3+ years. So I had to get out, so I had to try to get a special school or something that people really wouldn't fight me on because its "professional development" like Drill Sgt or Recruiter. So gently caress that I'm begging poster Greenmeat for assignments to try for and my branch manager and all this dumb poo poo and I finally get SOMETHING that isnt with 83rd loving CM and its recruiting school.

First week in recruiting school we took our pt test, so everyone got drunk that night because who cares now and it was the first friday. I get loving DRUNK as gently caress and embarrass myself ofc and the night ends, I go back to the barracks we were in. Except I forgot that they moved my barracks room earlier that day and spent like 10 minutes trying to break into what may have been someone elses room before I remember all that poo poo. I take like three steps off the sidewalk towards the correct barracks and loving get my foot stuck in a root and it really loving hurt. I limp back to my room and pass out. I wake up the next day and my wife had called me like ten times because somehow some other chick soldier that was out with us had texted her or the other way around because apparently I was missing or something? I really don't remember I was still loving wasted to be honest. It wasn't anything like we were hooking up because she was a oval office so IDK. Weird poo poo. Anyhow my foot is like the size of a loving softball and I dont want to go to the doctor because as everyone knows, the quickest way to get sent home from a school is some kind of injury. So gently caress that, I'm not going to go back to my unit and say i got kicked out of school for breaking my foot drunk, and I figured it was just a strain anyhow. So I passed out again in the morning and wake up again in the afternoon and I think I'm still loving drunk (my timeline may be a little off) and decide to go to the px to get like every pain pill and wraps for my foot and icepacks and all that.

As I'm backing out I HIT THE CAR NEXT TO ME. It's lovely and it didnt do poo poo to his car but put some paint on mine. Some guys took a picture of my car and all that. Knowing I'd get busted for a dui or something I go into my room and try to sober up a few hours and call the cops on myself. They find the dude and he wallks out is like "I dont give a poo poo its all good" and the cops told me I probably hosed myself, and their supervisor came out and gave me a ticket for improper backing. They told me that they told me so.

Anyhow a few months later I graduate from recruiting school and pcs to here (and that is a whole different story of army bullshit) and not wanting to show up as a problem child I still havent wanted to get my foot checked out because I didn't want to gently caress my PCS or whatever. So i Pass a pt test after a month or so in the unit and all that and go to the doctor like not long after. I end up in a boot for like 4 months or so in a hail mary to avoid surgery which was looking pretty lightly because I just had a chunk of bone the size of a pencil eraser floating around in there. Then I got fat and lost my mind and here I am.

edit: oh yeah I mean I'm stupid for not just getting my foot checked out for a litany of dumb reasons IE this story

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

not caring here posted:

I read once, don't know if it's still true, that the longest military training program in the world was Italian MP because they are trained to spot counterfeit wine.

Italian military sounds pretty solid, really.

They make orphan drugs for their civilians to keep drug prices low. So that Shkreli bullshit doesn’t happen. That includes growing weed.

It’s a smart system.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

And everybody gets a share!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Army strong, everyone!

https://www.armywtfmoments.com/2018/03/82nd-airborne-g6-csm-charged-beating-girlfriend/

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Who safety briefs the safety briefer?? Makes u think

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo that dude was my Senior Drill back in 2006. I ran into him over at Smoke Bomb several months ago and we did the "Do I know you from somewhere...?" dance until we figured it out.

He was a good SDS, at least.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Naked Bear posted:

Who safety briefs the safety briefer?? Makes u think

briefception

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
He was just doing exemplary job explaining what you are not supposed to do on leave. “See, combatives with girlfriend ONLY WITH HER CONSENT”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Valtonen posted:

He was just doing exemplary job explaining what you are not supposed to do on leave. “See, combatives with girlfriend ONLY WITH HER CONSENT”

My wife is a muay thai kickboxer and I, and her, have had to be interviewed on more than one occasion because some busybody in the FRG made a complaint about her having bruises.