Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Ia ia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It's good tidings that the first swing with the named cleaver ends in decapitation. Maybe I should become a cultist too!

Especially considering that was just a normal swing on a totally untouched dude.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

However, a critical headshot to an unarmored head with an Orc cleaver? Dude was extremely loving dead.

Never go into battle bare-headed.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Elpato posted:

Say what you will about Dravkul. He does... stuff.

One weird thing about this run is that our more expensive, "better bred" bros haven't had a chance to strut their stuff yet. As soon as they step out on the field they get get mangled all to hell and have to sit out for a couple weeks. Also, our blue collar bros are so experienced that their skills more than make up for their lower starting stats.

Heh. It's almost like noble birth is a sham, meant to keep power out of the hands of the many, and has no actual bearing on the relative merits of those who wield it! But that can't be true...

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
A little announcement: I've started my teaching cert course, so next few episodes will be sporadic until I get my rhythm.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Let's hope you're a better teacher than you are a mercenary leader, for your future students sakes :v:

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

ShootaBoy posted:

Let's hope you're a better teacher than you are a mercenary leader, for your future students sakes :v:

Brutal.

Not untrue, but still!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Look, he’s only had the one decapitation during lessons. ONE!

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Look, he’s only had the one decapitation during lessons. ONE!

He really needs to step up his game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can you keep getting levels after 10? Based on Student, I thought that was the cap. Do you just not get perks?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

Can you keep getting levels after 10? Based on Student, I thought that was the cap. Do you just not get perks?

If I recall correctly you can still gain levels but not perks.

Full disclosure, I have not had many bros live even to level 10, so I might not be remembering correctly.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Glazius posted:

After the tenth level up, every level only gives you +1 to each stat instead of the standard rolls, and you stop getting perks. But long lasting games can result in lv20 bros, though they are only about 2~3 standard levels stronger than a lv11 bro.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

After ten level ups bros are veterans: They gain no perk points, you choose 3 stats to go up by only 1 each and they still get their pay raise of 2 crowns per level.

There is a cap of level 42, but I haven't reached it. My highest level bro is close with level 37, though.
Looking it up on the wiki, the exp requirement goes up drastically: the last 3 levels require 30k exp each. It takes 15k for the normal 1 to 11 level range.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

:siren:NEW EPISODE:siren:

36 - Welcome Back

Wherein we find out if Slaan is more frightening than a gaggle of Gheists.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Of course ghoul heads count. Dire wolves, too.

The only things that don't count are the rare war doggos and obviously wiedergänger re-rekills for they still have only one head to chop off.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Last Transmission posted:

... obviously wiedergänger re-rekills for they still have only one head to chop off.

There was a very, very short time back when it was in early access when those did count, and it was exactly as hilarious as you'd think, especially combined with the old contracts not having a limit to the head turn ins.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
*Ghost Noises*

Sormus fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 5, 2018

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

Sormus posted:

*Ghost Noises*

Don't be dramatic. You only died for one battle.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
I would comment on that but I have an arrow thru my mouth.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Well, this is what you get for letting me get injured horribly.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

In my defense, the only way you could have been safer in that scenario was to not be in range of the fight at all. I mean, you were surrounded by burly men with shields.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Elpato posted:

In my defense, the only way you could have been safer in that scenario was to not be in range of the fight at all. I mean, you were surrounded by burly men with shields.

Which clearly demonstrates yet again long-range bow supremacy :smug:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Elpato posted:

36 - Welcome Back

Wherein we find out if Slaan is more frightening than a gaggle of Gheists.

Nay, 'tis not Me these gheists and men are afraid. No! They are fearful of my Lord and Savior, the Dark God! These wights are terrified of his message of equality between men and women, egalitarianism in wealth distribution, healthcare for all and diversity in employment hiring. Yea, these wights shall rue the day they crossed the Dark God when he ushers in his uptopia!

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Dong Quixote posted:

Which clearly demonstrates yet again long-range bow supremacy :smug:

Range is great and all but considering how well my crossbow has worked so far with the armour penetration and that I've only died once so far...

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
My hand was split, which doesn't seem so bad now.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Honestly, as far as long-term injuries go, "Traumatized" is one of the best ones you can hope for on a dedicated Crossbowman. He's pretty much always going to be at range, so Morale matters much, much less, since he ought be fleeing anyhow if something wants to eat him. Initiative on a crossbowman is also essentially a wasted stat, because, unlike Bowmen who you want to always go first, Crossbowmen need either themselves to close (dangerous, as shown here) or the enemies to close (good!) to be of any use.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If you're using Dodge for Ranged Defense on a crossbowman losing init could hurt some. Still, it could be worse.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I really only ever find myself putting Dodge on someone that already has a substantial amount of initiative. There are so many other stats that I feel are more important to bump up before initiative.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Now the most important question: do ghosts count for the "heads" you have to bring back?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Glazius posted:

Now the most important question: do ghosts count for the "heads" you have to bring back?

That’s the spirit!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Glazius posted:

Last I checked, they do!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

this is 50% off right now.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

37 - Troubled Towns

Wherein we just want to fight some dudes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That was a lot of dead dudes we fought. All around successful effort. Soon we can retire, rich as any noble and devote our efforts full time to helping our fellow man.

By summoning the dark God to devour everyone. Very humanistic, my God

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Slaan posted:

That was a lot of dead dudes we fought. All around successful effort. Soon we can retire, rich as any noble and devote our efforts full time to helping our fellow man.

By summoning the dark God to devour everyone. Very humanistic, my God

Humanocentric, even. It’s all about the people with that god. Very personable.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So when the greenskin hordes are ravaging civilization, do they also plunder the ancient tombs and bandit forts and such?

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I"m not really sure about that. I don't think they target those sites, but if a battle erupts next to it, they'll do their share of killing.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Never seen a greenskin horde go after “hostile” human sites or fight bandits etc. Only ever seen them fight reputable humans like patrols and caravans and stuff.

It must be a gameplay conceit to keep the greenskins from wrecking every site on the map before you get a chance to.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Ok, so I'm a little late, but during the hilltop greenskin fight, you totally could have got that Split you were wanting. If you had stepped Flesnolk forward one hex, had him wait, then had Jew It move forward one into contact with the wolfrider. Then Jew it could have Rotated Flesnolk into the proper hex to Split both wolfriders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Double post, but eh. It's on sale over at GoG this week, if you're here and haven't bought it already.

• Locked thread