Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Bifauxnen posted:

what I don't get is, instead of trying so hard to find a way to destroy the lorestones, why don't they just chuck em in the pit?

Have you learned nothing from Dr. Evil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bifauxnen posted:

what I don't get is, instead of trying so hard to find a way to destroy the lorestones, why don't they just chuck em in the pit?

Hell, just chuck one of them in the pit. Leaves you two to study or corrupt or whatever the hell it is the guys in the transparent lab coats are doing and makes sure that no sneaky Kai lord can collect the full set.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
You morons know nothing about being Evil. Shh! Zip It! Shh!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Do drugs and play with my stones.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

Bifauxnen posted:

Why indeed.

It's a trap!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Time to be Indiana Jones and get those stones so we Shall climb up to get the Lorestones!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

nelson posted:

Use the potion

Mikl posted:

and climb.
Endurance: 16/37

The Dungeons of Torgar posted:

The corroded iron gantry creaks violently as you inch your way nearer to the ball of green flame, and, eventually, you reach a position where the Lorestones are within your grasp. But as you stare at the flickering core of energy you realize that to touch it would be fatal.

You ponder the problem for several minutes before you hit upon a solution.

Healing: +1 EP (17/37).

The gantry passes close enough to the Lorestones to enable you to cup your hands beneath them. If Paido were to destroy the crystal rods, the Lorestones would be freed of the energy beams and drop into your hands.

You tell Paido of your bold plan and he nods enthusiastically as you get ready to make your catch. You call to him when you are ready and, one by one, he begins to smash the crystal rods.

Healing: +1 EP (18/37).

As each rod is broken its beam disappears and the fireball grows weaker. The golden light of the Lorestones begins to radiate through the evil green flames, and when Paido has destroyed half the rods, one of them tips and falls into your waiting hands. Immediately, a wave of energy courses through your body, filling you with renewed strength and sharpening your thoughts and perceptions. You shout encouragement to your companion and he raises his head to reply, but his words are drowned by a harsh and terrible voice.

Healing: +1 EP (19/37).

‘Vengeance is mine, Lone Wolf!’ booms the thunderous voice. Terror strikes deep in your heart when you turn and see the ghastly form of Darklord Gnaag, filling the archway through which his minions escaped when first you entered this chamber. A ghastly rasping laugh echoes from his fly-like head as he raises a black crystal and points it at the gantry. ‘The vow I gave at Tahou shall be fulfilled. Now I shall destroy you and the Lorestones!’

There is a deafening crack and a bolt of blue lightning streaks from the stone held in his pincer-like claw. It shears through the rusty metal and you are peppered with red-hot iron splinters. As the shock wave hits the weakened ball of fire, the two Lorestones are sent tumbling into the black abyss. Then a second bolt from the black stone tears the gantry in two, and with the ghastly laugh of Darklord Gnaag ringing in your ears, you plummet headlong into the icy cold pit.

You have fallen into a portal of total darkness, a Shadow Gate that leads to the twilight world of Daziarn. The wisdom and strength of the Lorestone of Luomi is now a part of your body and spirit, and the last remaining Lorestones are still within your reach, but your descent into the Daziarn heralds the beginning of a deadly, supernatural episode of the Magnakai Quest.

If you have the courage of a true Kai master, the wonders and the horrors of the twilight plane await you in Book 11, the penultimate Magnakai adventure, entitled:

The Prisoners of Time

Healing: +1 EP (20/37).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Final stats for The Dungeons of Torgar:

Action Chart
    Combat Skill: 31 (16)
    Endurance Points: 20/37 (31)

Kai/Magnakai Disciplines
  1. Weaponmastery (+3 CS w/ bow, sword, warhammer, dagger, mace, axe & quarterstaff, -2 CS when unarmed, +2 to missile attacks)
    Weaponskill (+2 CS w/ spears)
  2. Huntmastery
  3. Invisibility
  4. Nexus
  5. Pathsmanship
  6. Psi-screen
  7. Animal Control
  8. Healing (Regain 1 EP per section)
  9. Mindblast (+2 CS)
  10. Sixth Sense
    Weapons:
  1. The Sommerswerd (+8 CS)
  2. Silver Bow of Duadon (+3 to RN)
    Gold Crowns (money): 50
    Backpack:
  1. Rope
  2. Lantern

3. Meal
  4. Meal
  5. Meal
    Special Items:
  1. Helmet (+2 EP)
  2. Shield (+2 CS)
  3. Firesphere
  4. Vial of Gnadurn Sap

5. Psychic Ring

6. Quiver (4/6 arrows)
  7. Fireseeds (7)
  8. Kazan-Oud Platinum Amulet
  9. Chainmail Waistcoat (+4 EP)
  10. Signet Ring
    Notable Events:
  • Made friends with a bear
  • Banished the Demonlord Tagazin
  • Blew up the gates of Torgar
  • Rescued Paido
  • Sort of saved the Lorestone of Luomi
  • Fell into a shadow gate and lost the two remaining Lorestones

Missed Opportunities:
  • Didn't get to fight at Cetza

Kills:
  • A partisan horseman
  • Four Akataz (dogs)
  • Roark, Highborn of Amory
  • A few krorn (monstrous humanoids)
  • About... six Drakkarim? :shrug:
  • About six more Drakkarim?

Deaths this book: 1
    Deaths in total: 12
  • Slaughtered by the Demonlord Tagazin.

Storage:
    Weapons:
  • Jewelled Mace
  • The Dagger of Vashna
    Special Items:
  • Port Bax White Pass
  • Port Bax Red Pass
  • Gaoler's Keys
  • Three Copper Keys
  • Ornate Silver Key
  • Blue Stone Triangle
  • Cess
  • Ticket to Eula
  • Power-key
  • Padded Leather Waistcoat (+2 EP)
  • Badge of Rank
  • Pass
  • Prism
  • Lodestone (Vordaks; Talestria)
  • Receipt
  • Invitation
    Backpack Items:
  • Potion of Alether (+2 CS)
  • Map of Tekaro
  • Lantern
    Money:
  • 3 Gold Crowns

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

This book is pretty darn cool, aside from the fact that the Sommerswerd turns into a definite disadvantage when fighting Tagazin. I honestly can't tell if Dever was trying to make players get rid of it in a belated attempt to fix the balance issues it caused or if he just had no idea what the hell he was doing when it came to setting the difficulty of fights, but either way it's bad. Otherwise the book is great though. There's a great payoff for the dangling thread of the Roark storyline; there are cool characters to meet; a fun battle; a fun journey; a bomb. What more could you ask for, really?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Third book in a row where you don’t spend much time in the title area. For our improvements between books, I vote Psi-Surge & Broadsword.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 20, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The Prisoners of Time

The Prisoners of Time posted:

The Story So Far … 

You are the warrior, Lone Wolf, last of the Kai masters of Sommerlund and sole survivor of the massacre that destroyed your kinsmen during a bitter war with your age-old enemies—the Darklords of Helgedad.

Many centuries have passed since Sun Eagle, the first of your kind, established the Order of the Kai. Aided by the magicians of Dessi, he completed a perilous quest to find seven crystals of power known as the Lorestones of Nyxator, and upon their discovery he unlocked a wisdom and strength that lay within both the Lorestones and himself. He recorded the nature of his discoveries and his experiences in a great tome entitled The Book of the Magnakai. You have discovered this lost Kai treasure and have given a solemn pledge to restore the Kai to their former glory, thereby ensuring the security of your land in the years to come. However, your diligent study of this ancient book has enabled you to master only three of the ten Magnakai Disciplines. To fulfil your pledge, you must complete the quest first undertaken by Sun Eagle over a thousand years ago. By doing so successfully, you, too, will acquire the power and wisdom of the Magnakai, which is held within the Lorestones’ crystal forms.

Already your quest has taken you far from your northern homeland. Following in the footsteps of the first Kai Grand Master, you journeyed to Dessi and sought the help of the Elder Magi, the magicians who aided Sun Eagle on his quest long ago. There you learned that for centuries the Elder Magi had awaited your coming. An ancient Dessi legend tells of the birth and rise to greatness of two koura-tas-kai, which means ‘sons of the sun’. One was named Ikar, which means ‘eagle’, and the other was named Skarn, which means ‘wolf’. A prophecy foretold that the koura-tas-kai would each come from the north to seek the counsel of the Elder Magi in order that they might fulfil a great quest. Although separated by several centuries, they would share one spirit, one purpose, and one destiny—to triumph over the champions of darkness in an age of great peril. The Elder Magi knew that you were Skarn—the wolf of Dessi legend—and in keeping with their ancient vows they promised to help you complete the Magnakai quest.

In Elzian, the capital of Dessi, you were tutored in the histories of Magnamund and received lessons in lore that you would have learned from the Kai masters if only they, like you, had survived the murderous Darklord attack on the Kai Monastery twelve years ago. You were eager to learn all that your tutor, Lord Rimoah, could teach you in preparation for the next stage of your quest, but grim news from the Darklands cut short your tuition. In the Darklord city of Helgedad a civil war had erupted, following your defeat of Haakon, Archlord of the Black City. After five years, the battle for the throne of Helgedad had finally been won by a Darklord called Gnaag. The other Darklords, now united behind this new leader, were ordered to amass huge armies in preparation for the conquest of Magnamund. Swiftly their Giak legions grew in number, enabling Gnaag to launch a sweeping invasion that was to catch the freelands unprepared. Many countries were completely overrun by Darkland armies; others surrendered without fighting, and sadly there were those who chose to betray former friends and allies by joining the Darklord cause, in the misguided hope that they would share in the spoils of victory, following the triumph of Darklord Gnaag. One such land was Vassagonia, a powerful desert realm to the north of Dessi. It mobilized its formidable army and marched west to join Gnaag’s horde as it steamrollered across central Magnamund. They were destined to meet at the city of Tahou where, beneath the ancient streets, lay hidden one of the seven Lorestones of Nyxator. You set off in haste for Tahou and arrived barely hours ahead of the enemy. Successfully you made your descent and discovered the object of your quest, but on returning to the surface you found Tahou transformed into a blazing inferno. Darklord Gnaag and Zakhan Kimah, the cruel ruler of Vassagonia, had learnt of your presence and were determined to destroy you at all costs. For days their engines of war had hurled fire and rock across the walls of Tahou with devastating effect. Then a massive assault, led by the Zakhan himself, breached the city gate and gained entry to the burning capital. Armed with a weapon of awesome power, the evil Zakhan sought you out and challenged you to a fight to the death. The struggle was desperate but you emerged victorious and led the Anarians in a counterattack that cleared the city of the invading foe. The allies of Anari arrived to raise the siege and in the ensuing battle the demoralized armies of Gnaag and Kimah were smashed and routed.

Your defeat of Zakhan Kimah turned the tide of war decisively against the Darkland armies and paved the way for the liberation of the lands they had taken by force. But the sweet taste of victory turned sour when you discovered that Darklord Gnaag had captured the last three remaining Lorestones of Nyxator, and had vowed to avenge his defeat by destroying them and killing you. Alarmed by this, the High Council of the Elder Magi joined you in Tahou to help formulate a plan of action. They had already received word from Prince Graygor, the ruler of Eru, that three radiant gems filled with golden light had been transported to the fortress of Torgar from the Darklord city of Mozgôar. Unable to tolerate the goodly power of the Lorestones within his own domain, Gnaag had been forced to move them to Torgar where his sorcerers—the Nadziranim—set about searching for a means to destroy them. Fearing that they might achieve their task, the Elder Magi made preparations for your secret journey to Eru and, in order to safeguard your true identity, you adopted the guise of a Pathfinder—one of Prince Graygor’s élite woodland scouts.

After a long and perilous journey you arrived at Torgar to find it besieged by the armies of Talestria and Palmyrion. During the early months of the Darklord invasion, hundreds of Talestrians were enslaved and sent to labour in the dungeons and sulphur mines deep within the bowels of this grim city-fortress. Their plight seemed hopeless until the allied armies, under the command of Lord Adamas of Garthen, finally arrived to liberate them. Due in part to your bravery and skill during the assault, Lord Adamas’ troops were able to breach the great Torgar gate and storm its citadel. During this fierce battle you gained entry to the chamber at the heart of the citadel where the Nadziranim were attempting to destroy the Lorestones. They were hung above a circular black pit and suspended in a fireball of negative energy, the focal point of several beams of power emanating from crystals set around the edge of the pit. By means of a gantry you were able to climb above these energy beams and retrieve one of the Lorestones. But, as you reached out for the remaining two, a terrible voice filled the chamber.

‘Vengeance is mine, Lone Wolf!’ Terror struck deep in your heart as you turned and saw the ghastly form of Darklord Gnaag. A rasping laugh echoed from his fly-like head as he raised a black crystal and pointed it at the gantry. ‘The vow I gave at Tahou shall be fulfilled. Now I shall destroy you and the Lorestones!’ he gloated.

There was a deafening crack and a bolt of blue lightning leapt from the stone towards the rusty iron gantry. As the shock wave hit the fireball the two remaining Lorestones were sent tumbling into the black abyss. A second bolt ripped the gantry in two and, with the ghastly laugh of Darklord Gnaag ringing in your ears, you fell headlong into a portal of total darkness, a Shadow Gate which leads to the twilight world of the Daziarn Plane.

We're down to three picks for our new Magnakai Discipline: Curing, Psi-surge and Divination. Curing would give us +3 EP right now, but either Psi-surge or Divination would set us up to get +3 to both CS and EP in the final book.

Circle of Fire (Weaponmastery & Huntmastery): +1 CS +2 EP
Circle of Light (Animal Control & Curing): 0 CS +3 EP
Circle of Solaris (Invisibility, Huntmastery & Pathsmanship): +1 CS +3 EP
Circle of the Spirit (Psi-surge, Psi-screen, Nexus & Divination): +3 CS +3 EP

We also need to pick a new Weaponmastery: Spear, Short Sword or Broadsword.

And there are the customary upgrades to our Disciplines:

Weaponmastery: +4 CS instead of +3. -1 CS when unarmed instead of -2.
Invisibility: Alter physical appearance.
Pathsmanship: Speak any language. Immunity to psychic and magical detection.
Psi-screen: Absorb and deflect some portion of purely psychic attacks.

Divination: Spirit-walk (leave your body to explore the immediate area)

We also get a new map to look at, though it doesn't seem to be of much value in our present situation, but no new equipment. Since we ended the last book by falling into a shadow gate to the Daziarn we have no opportunity to go shopping or to switch out our stuff with whatever we've got in storage. What we had at the end of the last book is what we have now. The same goes for our current Endurance score - no automatic reset to 37 like usual.

So this time we're picking only a New Discipline and a New Weaponmastery.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Divination and Short Sword.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Maugrim posted:

Divination and Short SwordBroadsword.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Divination and Spear.

Spirit walk sounds fun.

The previous book was my favorite since joining the thread. Meaningful choices, a ferocious bear that became our friend and saved our life, killing an old foe with our bare hands, setting off a big explosion, an interesting trap for us with the recurring villain nemesis gloating and everything.

nelson fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 20, 2018

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I think we definitely need Divination wherever we’re going; a hotline to the author sounds like a lifesaver. And let’s go for long pointy thing rather than another sword variant. Spear.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Runcible Cat posted:

I think we definitely need Divination wherever we’re going; a hotline to the author sounds like a lifesaver.

There's a reason one of the previous play throughs had a counter for "Times Sixth Sense Has Been Useless Or Worse."

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Got a link to it?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Aschlafly posted:

Got a link to it?

You'll need archives, but it starts with Book 3 here, which is when I took over from PMush Perfect (f/k/a ColonV):
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3469040

There are links to books 1 and 2 there as well. Here's the operative chart (I'd quote it with the links, but again, archives):

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Psi-surge and Broadsword. Expecting the US cover :colbert:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Ratatozsk posted:

Psi-surge and Broadsword. Expecting the US cover :colbert:

Seconded Psi-surge and Broadsword. And the emote for the US cover is :black101:

Tiggum posted:

The same goes for our current Endurance score - no automatic reset to 37 like usual.

I think we should take the automatic reset. Someone coming into The Prisoners of Time cold would start with full Endurance, after all. Also on the note of continuing - you have to quote footnote 4 from the project aon edition.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 20, 2018

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Helios Grime posted:

Use the potion and examine the rods.

This.
Edit: lol very late reply

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

I would say we start with full HP since we acquired a Lorestone. Lone Wolf is generally healed to full whenever he collects one.

uberkeyzer
Jul 10, 2006

u did it again
Are we assuming we don’t have the Sommerswerd since that’s the only way we were able to get past that fight last book?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Bee Bonk posted:

I would say we start with full HP since we acquired a Lorestone. Lone Wolf is generally healed to full whenever he collects one.

Nah. There’s more tension if we keep the low hitpoints. If we die, we die.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Curing would allow us to complete another Circle, but Divination is gonna be necessary in this journey.
For the Weaponmastery: Broadsword.

Alas, poor Paido! We had just liberated him, and now we are separated, and things are going to go even WORSE for him, as we'll discover some books further...

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Guy Fawkes posted:

Alas, poor Paido! We had just liberated him, and now we are separated, and things are going to go even WORSE for him, as we'll discover some books further...

His brother was the fortunate one.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Paido. The Combat Mage that is worse than useless in actual combat.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ulmont posted:

I think we should take the automatic reset. Someone coming into The Prisoners of Time cold would start with full Endurance, after all.
Someone starting with this book also gets to pick some new equipment, but continuing players don't.

ulmont posted:

Also on the note of continuing - you have to quote footnote 4 from the project aon edition.
It is pretty good. Every Lone Wolf book has a little hints and tips section at the start (called "Kai Wisdom") that says, amongst other things, that "successful completion of previous Lone Wolf adventures, although an advantage, is not essential for the completion of [this one]." This book, uniquely, has a footnote in the Project Aon version that stops just short of outright accusing the book of lying.

Bee Bonk posted:

When that happens it's mentioned in the text. It didn't say so this time.

uberkeyzer posted:

Are we assuming we don’t have the Sommerswerd since that’s the only way we were able to get past that fight last book?
Nah, we just chose not to reveal it in Tagazin's presence because it would make him see us as a threat.

nelson posted:

Paido. The Combat Mage that is worse than useless in actual combat.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 21, 2018

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Bee Bonk posted:

This. Every time Lone Wolf has acquired a Lorestone, it has either been at the end of a book and it didn't matter, or when he picked it up it recharged him to full.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

ulmont posted:

There's a reason one of the previous play throughs had a counter for "Times Sixth Sense Has Been Useless Or Worse."

Magic coin notwithstanding, in the last book, Divination also allows you to...

... see through not-Sebb Jerrel's disguise immediately.
... learn some world lore, including who the Redeemers are.
... know to trust Adamas if you don't recognize him.
... know that the Death Knights aren't after you (avoiding a fight).
... have a chance to make the fire globes blow up in the mages' hands if you have a bow (avoiding END loss).

I say we take spear and magic helmet Curing.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 21, 2018

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Every Lone Wolf book has a little hints and tips section at the start (called "Kai Wisdom") that says, amongst other things, that "successful completion of previous Lone Wolf adventures, although an advantage, is not essential for the completion of [one]." This book, uniquely, has a footnote in the Project Aon version that stops just short of outright accusing the book of lying.

:allears: That's fantastic.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Kangra posted:

... learn some world lore, including who the Redeemers are.

Wait...the who? What lore?

Take Psi-Surge and Spear.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

And let’s go for long pointy thing rather than another sword variant. Spear.
Weaponskill is finally redundant.

The Prisoners of Time posted:

All sense of time and space is lost as you plunge headlong into the whirling black throat of the abyss. Only a numbing chill and a mournful sound, like a million voices crying in despair, accompany you on your descent into the unknown. Gradually your mind is filled with fearful visions, nightmare shapes that reach out of the darkness to claw and bite and scream at your passing. They grow in menace until they are swiftly dispelled by diamond-shaped motes of light, which streak past at incredible speeds. The tiny lights engulf you in a cone of fiery brilliance and a metallic smell of ozone, sharp and pungent, assails your nostrils. A sensation of warmth surges through your frozen limbs. Then, an instant later, you strike solid ground with such a suddenness that you are left stunned and panting for breath.

We roll: 4.
Endurance: 16/37.

With dread anticipation you stagger to your feet to survey your new surroundings. A bleak and desolate plateau, seemingly devoid of life, stretches into the distance on all sides. Jagged boulders litter a desert of crimson sand, which is stirred to restless motion by fierce and scorching winds. Neither sun nor moon hang in the amber skies above, yet their absence does not leave this world in darkness, for all along the horizon blazes a fire which glows brighter than a thousand sunsets. You stare across this alien landscape and a feeling of helplessness grips your senses as you realize where you have emerged. This is the twilight world of the Daziarn Plane.

A knot of fear tightens in your stomach as you recall what little you have heard about this world. The magicians of Sommerlund believe it to be an astral corridor that connects Magnamund with other planes of existence. So, by passing through a Shadow Gate, one of which is situated below the Guildhall in Toran, a person can gain entry to the Daziarn. However, those who have passed through the Shadow Gate in Toran have never been seen again and the magicians believe that the journey can be made in only one direction. They say there is no escape from the Daziarn.

Your vow to restore the Kai and your stubborn will to survive against all odds refuse to let you believe that there is no way back to your home world. You cast aside your fear and steel yourself for the task of finding a means of escaping from this desolate place. But firstly you must recover the two Lorestones that fell into the Shadow Gate shortly before you.

Healing: +1 EP (17/37).

You scan the barren wasteland with Divination, straining your senses to detect the missing Lorestones, which must be somewhere among the millions of rocks and wind-smoothed boulders that cover the vast plateau. But it proves a fruitless search: you can find no trace of the Lorestones nor even the slightest indication that a Shadow Gate opened here.

Healing: +1 EP (18/37).

The torrid winds sweep across the landscape with increasing ferocity, forcing you to protect your eyes from the gusts of sharp, stinging sand. The need to find cover takes priority when you sense that the winds are merely the prelude to a storm. To remain here in the open could prove a fatal mistake.

Peering through your fingers you try to find somewhere to take shelter. To your left, in the middle distance, you can see what appears to be a mound of volcanic stone slabs; to your right, but further away, you notice a shallow gully running lee to the wind.

Healing: +1 EP (19/37).
Shall we attempt to shelter behind the stones or in the gully?

You take between one and ten damage right on page one of this book. If you end the last book with low health and don't decide to reset your Endurance to maximum you could die right there.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Tiggum posted:

You take between one and ten damage right on page one of this book. If you end the last book with low health and don't decide to reset your Endurance to maximum you could die right there

Thats actually kinda hilarious.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

Weaponskill is finally redundant.

Shall we attempt to shelter behind the stones or in the gully?

You take between one and ten damage right on page one of this book. If you end the last book with low health and don't decide to reset your Endurance to maximum you could die right there.

As I have studied the hit movie Twister for decades, I know we should find shelter in the gully.

that is a nice dickmove by the book

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Gully feels safer - from the storm, at least.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Gully and have weapons ready in case of local monsters.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Behind the stones.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
The “what to do if a tornado strikes” classes we took in elementary school said lie low so gully it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Gullies fill up with stuff. Head for the rocks. But keep a weapon handy.like achtungnight said.