Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

war in heaven, here we come?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think we're about to see mammon jolted into being something like his previous self and doing some poo poo

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Crash Mottom's party and her party is going to loving crash you back.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mammon the guy in the anti-Jagganoth faction that's supposed to be their muscle?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

So Mammon is only blind on the left side it seems

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mimesweeper posted:

I feel kind of stupid for asking this but... what the hell? Is that the entire everything crashing into the vault? How is that even possible, what is happening here?

Given the red lightning in the background of panel 3, I'd say there's probably a teleport involved.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
well, there goes the neighborhood.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So I guess the infinite war is back on then.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I just kinda want mammon to open his mouth and kamehameha the city into a broken plate

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mammon the guy in the anti-Jagganoth faction that's supposed to be their muscle?

this has not been established. back when the question of "who's the most powerful of the non-Jagganoth demiurges" got broached, Jadis topped the scales, and Abbadon hinted that mammon was the weakest of the seven for reasons we would see shortly. we have now seen said reasons. they appear substantial. nobody appears to rely on Mammon, for obvious reasons.

also, Mottom's reaction to learning they SOLD the Conquering King's Return to someone else is going to be, uh, extensive

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I told you to look up.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Ze Pollack posted:

this has not been established. back when the question of "who's the most powerful of the non-Jagganoth demiurges" got broached, Jadis topped the scales, and Abbadon hinted that mammon was the weakest of the seven for reasons we would see shortly. we have now seen said reasons. they appear substantial. nobody appears to rely on Mammon, for obvious reasons.

also, Mottom's reaction to learning they SOLD the Conquering King's Return to someone else is going to be, uh, extensive

Pre-entombment Jadis was, at least. Right now, she's just above Mottom, I think, with Gog-Agog ranking third strongest (after Jaggy and pre-entombment Jadis).

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poltergrift posted:

Pre-entombment Jadis was, at least. Right now, she's just above Mottom, I think, with Gog-Agog ranking third strongest (after Jaggy and pre-entombment Jadis).

I'm trying to find the post with the actual rankings but not having much luck, but while I don't remember where Gog-Agog actually is, apparently she could be the strongest if it weren't for her being so weird and crazy. Yes, even when you include Jagganoth apparently. Found the post for that one, despite that not being a fact I forgot, at least.

I do remember that current Jagganoth rated above even pre-entombing Jadis, though I got the impression that Jagganoth's power surge came after her entombment, not before. I could be wrong there, though.

And Mammon was the weakest and mostly relied on his size and such, which doesn't bode well for him here.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A.o.D. posted:

Replace wizard with god and you're exactly correct.

What is a god except a very powerful wizard?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yessssssssss

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Hrotomas' brother Hrotomassive

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Mottom cackles wildly from her Mobile Oppression Papoose.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, found the power rankings post (but not a link to it; I quoted it directly in one of my posts here and found that by searching through my thread post history):

quote:

Q: All all the demiurges (our great Red God excluded now and the Master key, of course) as powerful as each other? Is it all down to the keys in their foreheads, or does the individual its in determine the power they can wield?

A: Some are definitely more powerful than others (in personal abilities). Probably the rankings I’d have to go with are Jagganoth > Jadis (pre-entombing) > Solomon >Gog-Agog > Incubus > Mottom > Jadis (post-entombing) > Mammon.

Mammon only for reasons that will become apparent in the next book. He’s a monster - he’s called the Grand Dragon for a reason.

No angel is more powerful than a demiurge by the way save Metatron - I’ve seen people mention that and not sure where they are getting that from.

So, Solomon is stronger than Gog-Agog, at least with her being her weird self. But she still ranks third currently, fourth if you include old!Jadis, which is impressive. And/or reflects poorly on the others since an insane pile of worms that probably doesn't even give a gently caress is stronger than they are. Though it kind of makes sense, given that the bottom three are deteriorating to varyingly massive degrees, while Incubus stole his throne and is looked down upon by the others. Meanwhile in the top three we have an unstoppable monster, a prideful rear end in a top hat who is probably sure to keep himself in peak physical (and every other) form, and then the weirdness that is Gog-Agog. I kind of imagine a big power gulf in the rankings between her and Incubus.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I'm absolutely counting on Incubus as the final boss.

Firstly, because he's clearly the one most directly interested in both stirring things up and hiding away from everyone else where he won't cross paths with Allison physically.

Secondly, because he's just incredibly fun.

Thirdly because he has the most direct engagement with Allison's emotional issues and internal conflict.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I kinda appreciate the metaphor of personal balance is being completely gay for yourself.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

According to (apparently) Abaddon in a recent Discord discussion, Gog-Agog has a talk show, which can be viewed in every one of the 777,777 universes owned by the Demiurges.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poltergrift posted:

According to (apparently) Abaddon in a recent Discord discussion, Gog-Agog has a talk show, which can be viewed in every one of the 777,777 universes owned by the Demiurges.

Fits with this old post, though that's amazing and not what I expected based on it:

quote:

Q: Where do the likes of Gog-Agog and Incubus fall in style of governance, if Jadis is defined by a harsh theocratic order, Mottom and Mammon seem disposed (with some presumption on the latter's part) to be voraciously consumptive resource sponge mercantile empires, and Solomon David and Jaggonoth seem to be inferred to have brutal autocratic domains that build their vassals to a particular vision. More importantly, how close is Incubus' style of rule to that of Labyrinth's Goblin King?

A: Gog-Agog rules and controls entertainment in Throne and is considered a major celebrity there. Outside of that, her worlds are a mess, her empire largely self-consuming.

Incubus’ worlds are brutal anarchy, with what little of value there picked apart by the bloody warlords he hand raised from the remnants of the most powerful army in the universe.

We’ll see Incubus’ deal at the end of this book, I’m pretty sure, but won’t get to Gog-Agog fully for a while.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Joe Slowboat posted:

I'm absolutely counting on Incubus as the final boss.

Firstly, because he's clearly the one most directly interested in both stirring things up and hiding away from everyone else where he won't cross paths with Allison physically.

Secondly, because he's just incredibly fun.

Thirdly because he has the most direct engagement with Allison's emotional issues and internal conflict.

He's going to be taken out by my good Auntie Maya (who owes me a ton of money for all those noodles and booze she ate and drank last time she was over if you see her could you ask her to mail it to me?)

rose of sharon
Mar 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
mammon please don't die i love you

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Bilirubin posted:

He's going to be taken out by my good Auntie Maya (who owes me a ton of money for all those noodles and booze she ate and drank last time she was over if you see her could you ask her to mail it to me?)

If they don't have an extremely good swordfight I will be sorely disappointed.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rose of sharon posted:

Sorry, the dog always dies.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

If he does, KSBD will finally qualify for a Newbery Medal.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The way Mammon's strength, or rather lack of, in comparison to his peers is described makes me think that while Grandpa Mammon with his regrets and fading mind is weaker than Mottom. The old Grand Dragon is not and the count being so interrupted is going to stir it to the surface.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

rose of sharon posted:

mottom is just also an octogenerian and therefore can’t drive very good

once she parks she and mammon will swap slides of their old vacations and play canasta

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

OhFunny posted:

The way Mammon's strength, or rather lack of, in comparison to his peers is described makes me think that while Grandpa Mammon with his regrets and fading mind is weaker than Mottom. The old Grand Dragon is not and the count being so interrupted is going to stir it to the surface.

Yeah, I actually just came to a similar conclusion, though not quite the same one; when I first read the post I quoted above about power rankings and possibly due to other things I read, I got the impression that Mammon was the weakest and mostly relied on just being a gigantic monster in fights and such. Looking again though, it seems to be saying that he's only at the bottom because of things that'd be revealed later, which now seem to be his senility, guilt, and poor vision/blindness, and that he'd be much more powerful otherwise.

I'm not expecting him to suddenly go into beast mode and wreck Mottom, though, as much as I'd like to see that happen. We'll see, I suppose.

Edit: Tangent, on the topic of Mammon being old:

quote:

Q: Who are said to be the oldest and the youngest members of the Seven, respectively?

A: Oldest to youngest:

Gog Agog (by a large, large margin)

Jadis

Mammon

Mottom

Solomon David

Jagganoth

Incubus

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 21, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Extremely Old Yeller

Soy Protein Addict
Nov 11, 2017

by Smythe

Mr. Lobe posted:

Extremely Old Yeller

Username Available

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exquisite

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Secretary Demon #2: "What's next on your plan, my Queen?"
Mottom: "Crashing this demiplane... with no survivors!"

Reach Heaven Through Violence Baby

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
"I've reinvented omnicide as a municipal policiy."

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Holy poo poo this is awesome

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ze Pollack posted:

Gotcha, I'd thought that despite his senility he was still one of the stronger of the Demiurges.

quote:

Between the rage she has over Allison destroying her means of youth, and the fear over what will happen now that Zaid is no longer under lock and key. Yeah, this is going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I always love fights where the solution is to hurl an improbably large, immobile object at it. Palaces, aircraft carriers, space stations, you name it.