Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

BrianBoitano posted:

Damage numbers are a poor proxy for overpoweredness. What % of his damage is involved in real kills? If he's doing damage that gets safely healed away, it might as well didn't happen.

He is good right now, but he requires skill to play as (a good deal of which is just because he's melee and not a tank) and there is reasonable counterplay - he absolutely cannot shrug off burst damage and a ranged dps properly kiting while dodging his wolf root beats him every time.
i guess everyone is like this about one hero

Crash Lightning is the only problem talent and if you weren't used to it actually being very difficult to complete for years (which it no longer is) you would fall off your chair seeing the +dmg it gives, it is now as transparently busted as they come

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Let's look at a crash lightning play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JACWwC1gmmA&t=91s

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I mean to be fair all 3 guys were at like 5%.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Yeah Cassia probably could have killed all 3 with a javelin in the same way.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Who wants balance adjustments?

We want balance adjustments!

https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21637154

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

oh hey speaking of crash lightning

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Greymane nerfs, Sonya nerfs, Maiev nerfs, Thrall nerfs, Auriel buffs, Valla buffs.

Good patch.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Those changes look really good honestly.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Those are all excellent changes. I'm not at an MMR that actually has to deal with Medivh but they hit everyone else exactly where they should in a fair way (except where a more heavy-handed approach was demanded, on Thrall and Maiev).

The changes are good enough that I don't even know who I'll bitch about next.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Hooray for Maiev nerfs.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Polio Vax Scene posted:

oh hey speaking of crash lightning

They buffed it 2 weeks ago to a tad higher than reasonable. Today they nerfed it way worse than it was 3 weeks ago. Hoorayyyyy

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

BrianBoitano posted:

They buffed it 2 weeks ago to a tad higher than reasonable. Today they nerfed it way worse than it was 3 weeks ago. Hoorayyyyy

The Blizzard Way™

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, those are good changes. Maiev might be a touch heavy handed - I think 10 seconds would be fairer for her trait - but that's minor quibbling.

Good patch.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, those are good changes. Maiev might be a touch heavy handed - I think 10 seconds would be fairer for her trait - but that's minor quibbling.

Good patch.

Meanwhile I don't think it would be unreasonable if the CD was even higher. Her trait is basically a mini Ice Block she can use while moving that she gets from level 1, the amount of bullshit it lets even mediocre Maievs get away with is kind of absurd. I'm not unhappy with the patch mind you, but Vault of the Wardens is still going to be incredibly useful even with a 12 second cooldown.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Sometimes I think Blizzard buffs a skill to OP on purpose to get people to try out a different kind of build, then nerf it back down to where they think it should be based on better data from more people using it.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

You have too much confidence in the blizzard balance team

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
Hammer in QM is a joke. I've played her twice now, MVP in both, despite a Tracer and Zeratul in one game and Nova in the other. And I'm bad at HOTS. So good to just wreck face from an extreme distance.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I mean to be fair none of those heroes are good vs Hammer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hammer is possibly OP in most leagues but not very rewarding IMO given how simplistic it is to play her passably (and very effective play mostly relies on your team).

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

bamhand posted:

I mean to be fair none of those heroes are good vs Hammer.

Yeah but I would have lost to Chromie or Thrall so this is better.

Edit: I had lost like the previous 5 games so it feels good mang

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Tyrael took a big hit this patch. Justified at the pro level, but if devs are hoping the other level 1 talents see increased usage, I doubt that'll pan out.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

*grumbles* this doesn't mean the nerf was warranted...

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Is there a level at which Dragonstrike and Lightning Breath are overperforming? Because I’ve had enemy Hanzo and Diablos pick those ults in a few recent games and they’re pretty much more annoyance than danger, so I’m wondering why they haven’t been buffed.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm not convinced Dragonstrike has ever dealt damage to anything in a game ever.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Dire Human posted:

Is there a level at which Dragonstrike and Lightning Breath are overperforming? Because I’ve had enemy Hanzo and Diablos pick those ults in a few recent games and they’re pretty much more annoyance than danger, so I’m wondering why they haven’t been buffed.
There's a GM Diablo one trick who only picks lightning breath. It also might seem better to someone who doesn't understand how to use apoc.

Dragonstrike is unmitigated garbage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bamhand posted:

I'm not convinced Dragonstrike has ever dealt damage to anything in a game ever.

I've been rooted in the middle of a Dragonstrike as Chromie.

I didn't die.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

I've been rooted in the middle of a Dragonstrike as Chromie.

I didn't die.

Whats hilarious is that after the wet fart that is dragonstrike they released fenix with planet cracker which is everything dragonstrike wishes it could be.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the problem is that sooner or later they're gonna buff dragonstrike and then there will be no game i can flee to to escape RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU *instant death*

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I'm never not going to take dragonstrike baybeee

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Do you mean dragonblade or xstrike?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Do you mean dragonblade or xstrike?

Hanzo is in this game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
For some reason I get the brothers mixed up a lot. Woops. Yeah dragonstrike is trash.

E: i blame Hanjo.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 22, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I tilted a Hanzo off the face of the earth by asking why he chose dragonstrike instead of the good ult. I still have no earthly idea why so many people pick it, according to hotslogs it has a 30% pickrate which seems absurdly high for such a pointless ult and the opportunity cost of giving up a global aoe damage/stun.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's the one he has in Overwatch so obviously it's the default one!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

BrianBoitano posted:

*grumbles* this doesn't mean the nerf was warranted...

No, but Hanzo needs to be nerfed. I mean, Thrall's damage with crash lightning isn't near what Hanzo can do and does, from 7.5 away.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
It's even better when you realize that the people who are picking it must almost certainly never have been remotely successful using it, compared to any other ults they have used ever. But they will keep picking it, further convincing me that the average human being is not fully sane.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
If i could pick twin blades and dragonstrike at the same time... play ball!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

whalestory posted:

If i could pick twin blades and dragonstrike at the same time... play ball!

Twin Blades can actually accomplish things, though.

Like Dragonstrike might arguably be one of the worst ults in the game. Hyperion and Rain of Destruction are better. Purifier Beam is better. Maybe Furnace Blast is on the same level, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Kai Tave posted:

Twin Blades can actually accomplish things, though.

Like Dragonstrike might arguably be one of the worst ults in the game. Hyperion and Rain of Destruction are better. Purifier Beam is better. Maybe Furnace Blast is on the same level, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Not saying it's a great ult, but a friend and I duo-queue Butcher and Diablo when we want to clean up, and a brutal Apoc+Q+E initiate comboed with furnace blast has won us a fair amount of games. Even then he takes Lamb far more often, but god drat is it fun to see how mighty hell can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Wait, hamzo and genji are brothers? Wtf